Rail Wars!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Sep 19 2014, 06:56 PM) I stopped watching halfway through on this show, but I think Noa will be the only reason I go back to finish the second half.  I know she doesn't come back for the entire 2nd half (probably just an episode), but she's easily the best looking character in the show.
You know she sort of reminds me of Natsuki from Mai-HiME.

I finished episode 06, I like it because I'm watching it as an ecchi rom-com because despite having some nice characters like Sakurai, the anime lacks real plot but that's not a huge problem for me but I can see why interest can be lost.

I'm going to carry on Rail Wars because it's a lot of fun but I'm not going to expect anything significant to occur. I'm just wondering how the light novels and the manga compare to this anime.

EDIT #1:

Noa comes back in episode 7.

EDIT #2:

Aoi Sakurai is my favourite girl of this show.

I watched the final 3 episodes just now, this anime was really enjoyable.

I noticed there was an animation error towards the end of episode 12 with Nana and Naota, when Naota tells Nana that she forgot to mention Iwazumi and that K4 is made up of 4 people, in which replies, "You mean five, right?" because she's also part of it as well as the leader of the group. The animation error"s" is that the lips are just not moving in tandem, Nana opens her mouth for a short while but not enough to say all her lines. It was really weird to seeing this anime make an error like that.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with this series as I only started watching it a few days ago and I went with low expectations as I thought it would be a really generic harem anime, which it is but all the characters and their chemistry with each other are great. I'm rooting for Sakurai.
laugh.gif

I gave this anime a 8/10 and I hope to see a 2nd season for this.

EDIT #1:

I can't really call it a guilty pleasure because I essentially watched it in 2 sittings but I can see myself calling it if I was watching it weekly.

It seems there's a lot of hate for this series at MAL....those ppl need to chill.
laugh.gif

The scene where they goof the voices was just iconic of all the animation and art flubs they had in this series.

In general it was enjoyable with some pretty ridiculous scenarios. I was fairly impressed with how they stretched the subject material in ways I'd never really expected possible. It would have been nice if they'd been better at being subtle, tho'. It still amazes me how the designated fanservice episode had less fanservice in it than virtually any random five minute shot of the rest of the series.

The characters were a mixed but not outstanding batch. Takayama was your classic blank slate shonen LN protagonist crossed with a walking train advertizement. Aoi was a good leading lady that seemed to be nursing some kind of psychological wound or daddy problems but we never really got to look too close at her past or wound. The others are fairly unremarkable with the occasional interesting skill. (Sasshou has a Sonar technician's ears, for example.)

All in all it was fun, now I at least know who some of the people in Varia 500's drawings.
laugh.gif

It might be a touch unfair to it, but I'm inclined to only give this one a 6/10.

I probably would have scored it higher... but the constant art problems distracted me, the fact that this is very shamelessly a tourism anime was an unforgivable -2 from the word go, that god awful first 10~15 seconds of the ED, ridiculous fanservice, and constant juggling of the idiot ball just kept bringing it down.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back