Pop-overs on the Boards

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid-Wolf

~ Azur Lane Hunter ~
Staff member
Leader Council
It seems as of late a few of those popover ads have been showing up on the boards side of things. I have no problems for having daft make money for these ads, but I don't like it when these ads sometime popover while I'm trying to post a message here. Besides I understand it doing something like that where the anime is hosted but not on the boards. Especially when I'm logged in.

So in any case I was wondering if anyone else has been having thse problems here or not as well.

Are you talking about the ads that would replace the whole window when your on the main page? Cause I've never seen any ads before while on the boards, which I was a on a lot today at work as I was quite bored.

Yeah it was those. It was kind of doing that for the past few days. Sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't. Although for some reason I think those ads are now having a mind of its own at times.

Ok the ads in question are those "Are you and Idiot?" quizes for some odd reason. I have no idea why they show up though. Unless it's because I refreshed the main page or something like that.

I'm doing tweaks across the system to gain some insight on the auction system used for the ads. The ads on the boards (when you're logged in) are only temporary as I'm trying to verify a hypothesis of mine. So far, the evidence seems to be showing that my hypothesis may be wrong.
tongue.gif
I would've removed them yesterday but I didn't feel like booting up any of my computers.

I have seen those on the boards only before logging in. I've always assumed that the script somehow carried over from the main page or whatnot.

That said, the popover ads only appear in IE or Firefox.

Well it seems the problem was taken care off since it's now only on the anime hosting part of this site as of now. Although I get the feeling I should pin this thread and close it just in case though.

Ah what the heck I'll just close it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back