Poll on the home page

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Jamjum

-san
Sempai
Hey i was thinking about a small random poll each day that would change each day. i was thinking something like a anime or related forum poll comment that would jazz up the front page a little bit. It's a bit stupid maybe, but it could be a nice addition to the site. At least thats what i think so if you can please do, and i know it's almost thanksgiving and everyone wants to go and have a good time and eat. So i will wait and see if this can happen.

Thank you for your consideration and i this can happen as soon as possible please inform me if it can't happen.
smile.gif

Daily polls is an idea that was looked into a while back. The problem is that not all members visit daily. So it would change too fast for most to care about.

though I'm pretty much here on a daily basis, I also believe daily polls are not good, maybe weekly or (bi)monthly (I'm with monthly though)

Yeah, some people(like me) login every day. Others may not. So once a month should be good.Also, they should span a wide array of topics, so we get a general conensus. Its alot like gamefaqs daily poll only we're more focused on anime.

Judging from the statistics on how many people visit the site each day, I say maybe once a week change the poll or ask which anime did one like the best that was released during the week. Something along those lines should be good enough I think, but then again, there is the matter of time and importance of the feature.

A weekly poll sounds good, For people like me (ftv=homepage) daily would work, but weekly would cater to the majority of people who would be voting in a poll anyways, that is people with opinions.

Things i would like to see in the poll
-Fav new anime
-worst anime
-best anime
-best anime female/male
etc...
I dont wanna see ones like
-Liek OMG whats better PIE!~!!! or cake!?!?
(that just ticks me off)

Also if there were to be a weekly poll, where would it be, i dont think the front page would work as it is PACKED with loads of information as is, it might overload some of the more feeble minds XD.

Honestly ever since the Scheduler, the launch of Ecchi-haven, and work, i visit FTV less and less, mainly just to keep up appearances and argue with my nemesis ihatefanservice. But weekly polls would be fantastic. That provides enough time for a large data set, resulting in worthwhile results. I honestly feel there should be more contests. Such as most mysterious anime character from 06 or the like. Something more individualized, rather than covering an entire series.

QUOTE (Anime-Addict @ Dec 19 2006, 03:52 AM) Honestly ever since the Scheduler, the launch of Ecchi-haven, and work, i visit FTV less and less, mainly just to keep up appearances and argue with my nemesis ihatefanservice. But weekly polls would be fantastic.
The site needs to give people a reason to visit more often, mabey flash games? Or more links to them or links to other fun places. Weekly polls is a good idea, it should be implemented. Also, the site can get great feedback that way. The polls could discuss topics like, "do you like this new feature for the site?" or "what do you want FTV to have?" This type of feedback can help the site get back to the top. But still, I'm getting a feeling that this site has begun to go downhill ever since it was hacked. Thats just my opinion anyways.

ps. I don't know why everyone hates ihatefanservice? The person's just giving their honest opinions, just becasue you don't like his beliefs or views, it doesn't mean you should fight with them. This site is for all of us, its a place for us to share our opinions on certain topics. We shouldn't fight, but rather learn from eachother and give our own feedback to others.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Dec 22 2006, 06:33 PM)ps. I don't know why everyone hates ihatefanservice? The person's just giving their honest opinions
First, this is off topic. Second, ihatefanservice has asked us to drop the topic so I don't know why you're trying to provoke further debate. No one has said anything about hating anyone. The matter was discussed, because as you said, we all get to share our opinions. This thread, however, is not the place to discuss this, so let's get back on topic.

I'm thinking a new poll every 2-4 weeks would be ideal. Any longer and it may bore daily members, but any less and some people may miss it. And I think it would be good to ask about site features, new anime, characters, etc (just always have that "other" option enabled since we can't list everything!)

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Dec 22 2006, 02:33 PM) But still, I'm getting a feeling that this site has begun to go downhill ever since it was hacked. Thats just my opinion anyways.
I don't think so. Maybe the forums yes, but in terms of the site I don't think so. We are still getting at least a hundred of new registered members each day and don't forget the guests.

If you are talking about expenses, as Bold said elsewhere "its not catastrophic." As long as we are not losing too much each month we're okay for the time being.

Last but not least, define your meaning of downhill. The above are just my interpretations of your statement.

Regardless, this is off topic. If you wish to further discuss your opinion, feel free to open a new thread for discussion.

So will it go into effect soon or next year, when?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back