Planetarian: Hoshi no Hito (film) & Chiisana Hoshi no Yume (ONAs)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Planetarian drama·CDs: Tircis and Aminte · Jerusalem, subs today yet no anime

gdpetti said:
4 extra chapters are in the VN, and this story for the film was one of them, added to the series summation...
1) events before the war that brought it to ruin.
2) the war at its height is the setting, a sniper that end being...
3) this one used in this film... so they could do OVAs for the others i suppose.
4) 2 twins studying....one questions why... and then the answer.. hmmm. guess I'd have to see/read that one.

So there is some additional material... but even as an older idea, it still seems fresh.... guess because it wasn't done by their usual main scenario writer/project planner, Jun Maeda??? :unsure:
a cd is about last chapter twins, the other tells #2 so Snow Globe? one left <_<

I remember reading the other sidestories... again, good, but just setups that could be a cour in themselves.... interesting how Key makes whole series on some ideas, but not others like this.
I think I might have heard these drama CDs as well a while back??? not sure... interesting, but not fleshed out is what I remember of the side stories... the twins weren't explained well.... but at this point in time, I really don't remember it well... it was rather empheral I think... for them in the story as characters as well... the last of their kind??? needing to leave, but not enough space for two? wasn't that it?

gdpetti said:
I remember reading the other sidestories... again, good, but just setups that could be a cour in themselves.... interesting how Key makes whole series on some ideas, but not others like this. I think I might have heard these drama CDs as well a while back??? not sure...
usually drama·CDs are the first step, before stuff like manga turn into anime... so there's hope for chapters left, btw just found Snow globe got subbed too :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15O_0waTqyo

I think I've listened to these before... not on Youtube with the photo background... but it's been quite some time.... don't remember too well.... mostly sidebits that would've been better to animate than some of Key's regular projects... at least IMO.Interesting to hear again.

SO, these dramas are the usual first step? It's been quite a while, don't you think they've given up on this one?

Just finished listening to this drama CD on Youtube you posted.... it's been a while... hasn't it been a year or so? Wow, seems like forever... and I'm still impressed at the depth of the potential in this storyline... the AI/ robotics issue keeps getting hotter as it starts to take over a few workplaces... at least in the newest facilities usually, CHina, then Japan and Korea are way ahead of most... .but they still have the most production facilities... not sure that our American plants down in Mexico are that automated... I think they are mostly assembly plants, not production plants... so still a lesser concern... and interesting that the MSM seems to push this button to instill fear in the audience... what audience they have left these days.

Add in the potential for world war as our American led empire, nears its end point, and there is so much depth potential to this storyline... all the available tropes are there to use in a stronger format or depth than most projects... at least IMO.... still impressed listening to it again.... I can just see the anime... and the other drama CDs are very interesting as well, with the same robot series just installed with different programming.... did you hear the assassin one? nuns? the two kids alone in that city was good... all of them are.... good writing... should be animated.... best material I've come across that I remember.... though that other similar story was excellent last season... the letter writing girl... ? Dolls they were called... some similar emotional issues, war and its aftermath.... only I think this one was more potential..

gdpetti said:
SO, these dramas are the usual first step? It's been quite a while, don't you think they've given up on this one?
I still think they will at new animated projects, after a crowdfunding last year... 10·million·yen goal was surpassed in just 2 days, fans really love Planetarian :)

10 mil yen... about US 100,000... for what? a film? not enough for an anime series is it?... but that is interesting.... and I have to agree, the potential is so obvious in there... the basics of dsytopian future, AI/robotics, elements of time, past-present-future....

I listened to these quite some time ago.... they were subbed... not dubbed then... but still.... the potential is rather large... the setup is anime friendly I would think.... but best kept in the teen and older category for this subject matter.... as the post-apocalyptic ones usually are. I'd liked to see more... the last one with the two 'siblings'? was even more etheric.... harder to understand...as the subs weren't the greatest...

gdpetti said:
10 mil yen... about US 100,000... for what? a film? not enough for an anime series is it?... but that is interesting.... and I have to agree, the potential is so obvious in there... the basics of dsytopian future, AI/robotics, elements of time, past-present-future....
touché that's why Key should do S2, seeing how Rewrite and Charlotte failed... could be good despite budget, eg Piano·no·Mori or Golden Kamui last spring ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5V1Ms3o0y8

Those were considered 'failures'? Charlotte had issues.... but all superpower types storylines do... they get silly, childish or stupid like here in the States.. I remember trying to watch one of those a few years back... <_< Couldn't take the mindlessness of it all.... as most of them are based in fantasy afterall, which doesn't translate to reality well... which is why they work better in animation I think... but American audiences are so dumbed down and doped up these days it doesn't really matter.... like in late Roman empire... it's all about distraction.

Charlotte could've been fixed.. had good elements that were way too simplified at the very end... :rolleyes: ReWrite I liked... did they do a second cour? Can't remember... if so, I didn't see it... BUT Planetarian has a much, much better setup, background etc.... would like to see more than a simple oneshot on it... maybe they don't see what they've got... typical of those that lose touch... and need focus groups to even see the basics anymore..... the aftertaste of too much success... living on fumes... :mellow:

gdpetti said:
Those were considered 'failures'? Charlotte had issues.... but all superpower types storylines do... they get silly, childish or stupid like here in the States.. I remember trying to watch one of those a few years back... <_< Couldn't take the mindlessness of it all.... as most of them are based in fantasy afterall, which doesn't translate to reality well... which is why they work better in animation I think... but American audiences are so dumbed down and doped up these days it doesn't really matter.... like in late Roman empire... it's all about distraction.

Charlotte could've been fixed.. had good elements that were way too simplified at the very end... :rolleyes: ReWrite I liked... did they do a second cour? Can't remember... if so, I didn't see it...
both trainwrecks (i dropped charlotte), so that's why you don't recall RW S2?... Btw Planetarian got 5 more eps, I hope they release its planetarium film too :(

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back