philisopical animes

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

roscoeivan

-chi
Kouhai
I love watchin animes like mushishi, lain, gunslinger girl, kino, samuri x, and even Trigun. want to find more animes that are based off of deep philisophical issues, explainations of supernatural events, or are witten to adress some specific issue.

trigun and samuri x deal with morals and ethics even though its a comedy

lain truth and prophecy and several other things

and so on....

the type im lookin for try to stick to a topic and adress it and dont add to much unnessicary filler info such as fanservice or try to create the favorite character battles( like defence forces in shuffle) those things are fine and make great shows but not what im lookin for right now.

so could ny one recomend somthin?

a bad exaple would be evangellion because they add too much fanservice to keep u watchin, add pointless backgroud info and swiches from action to psycolicical drama mid way.

Huummm maybe Eureka 7 and gasaraki ?
wink.gif

feel free do go in depth about y u like it or even mabe discuss a specific philosopy that kept u wachin

Ah~, there are some which deserve my "100% recommendation"

One of the best after all...
Zettai Shounen - dont judge it by its name. The first quarter of it is proceeding rather slowly but in the later parts you will get their true meaning and importance. It is not one least of a bit a shounen. Pretty more a amazing work of animation (its almost more like an artwork) and a bundle of philosophical thoughts wich concern our modern daily life.
Honey & Clover - mistaken as some shoujo anime it is in fact a josei. There are pretty interesting parts considering the sense of ones life and the state of growing (not the height >_>)
Kanon - you may need to watch it 2 times to get the main points in this series, even though it may look at the first like some normal lovey dovey harem anime. There is way more behind.
Air - same goes here... very deep thoughts

Well these would be the main ones. I really recommend them if youre looking for something Philosophical.

Ah btw lain is one of my favs too
wink.gif

i suggest you to watch:
evangelion
gundam (all of them)
kimiga nozomu eien
i think that's the most complicated anime i ever watch, witch teach us about live problem.....
tongue.gif

Evangelion enough said.

As no one of you may have noticed he said that he doesnt like NGE >_>
And to recommend Gundam as a philosophical anime.... thats a bit too far from reality.

I have no idea exactly what you meant but from the series you gave what come to my mind is Gun X Sword.

QUOTE (reploid @ Mar 15 2006, 07:19 PM) And to recommend Gundam as a philosophical anime.... thats a bit too far from reality.
mmm.... when i watch gundam i realize something that everyone have their own justice and right so you can't judge people with your own perspective of justice and right. cause everyone have their own justice so gundam war happen betwewn earth people and space people and they defend their justice until their last blood!... i think that's all.....
tongue.gif

Well, thats like Id say Elfenlied is a philosophical anime because I realized that humans dont care for anyhing in their researches and are willed to treat even the most amazing thing in the world just like dirt in order to obtain knownledge.

Thats nothing really new you know... and the one and only thing after all.

noein has a philosophical side to it as well -- and it's an amazing series anyway, so i recommend anyone (not just roscoeivan) to go watch it!

/jp

QUOTE (reploid @ Mar 15 2006, 07:19 PM) As no one of you may have noticed he said that he doesnt like NGE >_>
And to recommend Gundam as a philosophical anime.... thats a bit too far from reality.
Its not about what he likes lol lol man give it a try man.

QUOTE (Thugforlife1232 @ Mar 17 2006, 01:22 AM) Its not about what he likes lol lol man give it a try man.
yea, I agree. To say you like Philosphial anime and don't like NGE goes against each other.
And the part about NGE having fanservice just made me laugh...
NGE doesn't have any fanservice, the nudity is there for a reason
And removing the background info in NGE would make the show less enjoyable. It's like a puzzle where you have to get all the information fit.

Its not like I dont like NGE oO... nor i care for his reasons to dont like
NGE... just accept the situation =0

QUOTE (Thugforlife1232 @ Mar 15 2006, 11:28 AM) Evangelion enough said.
No, evangelion is just a bad acid trip, no philosophy there.

Btw, Lain is my fav. anime, love it
tongue.gif
Very deep.

i should note ive seen all of nge and like it ...... but....

i join in philisopical discussions at school where and its too long, has way too much fanservice(the ep preview says as muchin english ver) and undetailed nudity, the main philosopy dosent get into it untill the last couple of episodes.

ive also seen several gundam episodes and they drag it out a because they create a universe to go along with the concept.

note tigun should be removed from my list but its a little late to modify. the only reason i added it was it dosent have to be serious

im using these as recomendations to ppl who want to see a show about a specific topic , not full fleged anime fans

26 ep max if its good 13 even better (individual eps r ok if part of a big series)
thats y samurix was in my list but not kenshin

ghost was a good recomendation though i appreciate it. the movies work nice even if the individual eps dont. (Yes i now it has undetailed nudity but its not overboard and dosent distract from the show, )

that make my request clearer?

and am lookin into the others as well thx

QUOTE (reploid @ Mar 15 2006, 05:28 AM) One of the best after all...
Zettai Shounen - dont judge it by its name. The first quarter of it is proceeding rather slowly but in the later parts you will get their true meaning and importance. It is not one least of a bit a shounen. Pretty more a amazing work of animation (its almost more like an artwork) and a bundle of philosophical thoughts wich concern our modern daily life.

I've been watching this recantly. and yeah, the start is pretty slow...I almost gave up watching it because it was too boring!! >.< pretty vocal too. too sum up this anime I'd say it an anime of conversations! mostly everything the characters do is talk to each other and sort out their problems. pretty interesting actually. I'd recomend this as well.

Kino no Tabi/ Kino's Journey
real good! it has one of the best scripts I've seen so far.
it mainly about a person named Kino, traveling around the world with her talking bike Hermes. They get to see different towns and different cultures (very wierd cultures btw). its episodes usually end with a rhetorical question or statement that sums up what happened.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back