Persona -Trinity Soul-

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

julez

-chibi
Retired

Persona -trinity soul-
Premier: January 2008
Director: Atsushi Matsumoto (Blood+ and GitS:SAC episode director)
Writer: Yasuyuki Muto (Chevalier chief writer)
Original Character Design: Shigenori Soejima (Persona games)
Animation Character Design: Yuriko Ishii (Darker than Black and Ouran episode animation director)
Persona Design: Nobuhiko Genma
Music: Taku Iwasaki (WHR, ROD)
Animation: A-1 Pictures (a studio started up by Aniplex)

I was delighted to read on animenewsnetwork that the game Persona 3, will be getting an anime adaptation!

The anime is set a decade after the game, and will center around three brothers in a future city where the dead have risen with their skins turned inside out. The Persona games themselves are spinoffs from the long-running Shin Megami Tensei series.

(taken from ANN)

I haven't gotten that far in the game, Persona 3... unfortunately I had to go back to school and leave my PS2 behind before I could get really into it, but I really liked the story so far... I'm interested in seeing what this anime will be like, since it's based 10 years after... it may contain spoilers for the game, huh? the first picture above is from the anime, the one next to it is from the game, thought I would include it as well, seeing as it is based on that
biggrin.gif

Whoa didnt know that they will make an anime out of this game. I hope its a good one and ill keep an eye on this one. I finished playing this game a month ago and its one of my favorite though i got bored since i got the strongest persona and the enemies are like tiny ants to me. So anyways ill look forward to this.

only thing is that sometimes these adaptaions end up trying too much to be like the game itself. I hope they get some kind of balance to it. Looks cool tho

QUOTE (Vicepuma @ Nov 08 2007, 08:16 AM)only thing is that sometimes these adaptaions end up trying too much to be like the game itself. I hope they get some kind of balance to it. Looks cool tho
yeah i know what you mean. and i was hoping for it too. I hope they will add some twist on the original story coz it will be boring if they will follow the exact story plot in the game.

you guys do understand that it will be taking place 10 years later, with different protagonists right?
I'm sorry if the picture of the video game confused you.. I just posted it because it is still going to be in that world... just with different people and a different time frame
tongue.gif

So I expect the anime version to be really different from the game

Oh crap i was confused
laugh.gif
. My mind is focused on the game cover. And i did'nt read the rest of your post. Im sorry.^^ So then the characters will be different this will be interesting.^^

Wohaaa!!!!A persona anime???That's so cool!!!!I'm already playing P3 on my PS2 and I can assure you that the stroy is really amazing!!!Hope that they keep the dark hour and evoker (the gun used in Persona 3 to summon the persona by shooting yourself in the head
tongue.gif
!) in this new anime....

Hmm... Something to look forward to. Is this on the lines of Ghost Hound, Ghost Hunt, and things like that? Or more of Ergo Proxy etc.?

I just watched the trailer for this one and it looks good......suspenseful and gory and mysterious, all rolled into one. Looking forward to it.

Hmm interesting.... ill will denfinatly be looking out for this series, looks like its going to be a hoot
biggrin.gif

I just watched the trailer and they didn't show the guys who have personas use an evoquer (as I've said in my last post,the gun to summon persona..)to summon their persona....If they drop the original idea of the game (the evoquer to summon persona) then it'll be dissappointing but oh well...Hmm but the charac desing look good and there is the good dark them of the Shin Megami Tensei series in this anime...I can't wait for it!!!

Friggin SWEET!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
a persona anime! I've been waiting for this
biggrin.gif
The game is really good. I just wish the anime doesn't drop out the idea that shoot yourself if the head with an evoker to summon the personas, which is interestinglly unique and new
laugh.gif
again, can't wait for it
biggrin.gif
*cuddle P3 PS2 dvd while drooling*

I'm actually killing time this holiday season playing Persona 3 like a lot of you guys and its storyline is sugoi. That is what makes me excited about the prospects of this sequel of sorts.

-Trinity Soul- as the Stingy Thread Maker
tongue.gif
stated takes place ten years after the events of the video game. Plus the protagonists are three brothers. I immediately thought "Night Head Genesis" and was a bit disturbed... if you have seen that anime and the relationship between the two brothers then you know what I am talking about "Nii-san!" lolz aug... Anyways I am sure we won't have to worry about that here... probably...

Though after a little and hmm I mean a lil research I couldn't find much on the way of details and how the anime would compare to the video game if at all. Though hopefully they can either maintain or follow up with interesting concepts like the "Dark Hour" and the aforementioned several times above "Evoker" lol.

Though it looks like this one will end after 13 episodes? (ANN) which is a bit unfortunate because I was looking forward to a killer plot w/a long season. Man if D Gray-man can be hovering around 70 something episodes
rolleyes.gif

I've only played parts of the first persona game because when I was younger I got bored with it and ended up selling it, but looking back it was one of the more fun and interesting games out there. I don't know the story all too well but I look forward to seeing this anime none the less.

yeah! i luv Persona 3 (still play my PS2), the story so..so.. interesting.... but when i saw Persona -Trinity Soul- trailer , it's kinda different when they awake (though i just saw that 'lil brother) right? they dont shoot thier head with an evoker.... the Persona just pop out.... Arg!.. this gonna be great....
laugh.gif

Man, the first episode was great. It did portray a dark atmosphere and storyline. Animation quality was good too. I was really surprised with the remixes of the songs from Persona3 game. In a good way.

And yeap. too sad that there's no pseudo-suicide scenes, but its still cool. Persona -Trinity Soul- is a really good stuff, when compared to all other "newbies" of this season.

It already release the first sub come from Oi! Fansubs.
I will try download now to see if it really nice.
So, I'm expect something bloody could pop up .... happy watching.

Edit: Opp !! No bloody scene, but the scene make me remember again how Persona game series manage to steal my attention.

episode 1 was so good haha.... im totally hooked, shin's persona is bad ass and it seems it can rid the opponent of his/her persona without mentally damaging them, also it seems that the guy whos persona was feeding on other persona was more of the puppet in this situation... i really liked the game so i have high hopes for this show and it already looks very promising... i'm glad Igor is in the show (that was his name if i remember correctly) the small fortune telling scene he was in was actually pretty cool, reminds me of the velvet room

the ending theme is a mental outlook in itself it seems, you have to see it yourself to get what im saying

P.S: i was actually hoping shin would have thanatos or the messiah but he got a decent persona anyway

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jan 09 2008, 10:28 AM) the ending theme is a mental outlook in itself it seems, you have to see it yourself to get what im saying

P.S: i was actually hoping shin would have thanatos or the messiah but he got a decent persona anyway
Ah yes, the ED..I didn't really understand the animal heads on the people. What did it symbolize/mean exactly?

Also, I loved the first episode. There aren't many series that get my hooked from the first episode, usually it takes a few, but man. This was just bloody awesome. The animation is great, sound is great, character design is interesting, and there is a really dark and gripping potential plot I can see developing. I'm totally in love with it. This series reminds me of Darker Than Black, for some odd reason I get that feel. I love the OP as well.

I can't until the next episode XD

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back