Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Seraph of the end
Japanese: 終わりのセラフ
Airing date: 4/4/2015 and October 2015 (TV series 2 cours, 24 episodes)
Genres: Action, Dark fantasy, Drama, Supernatural, Shounen
Original creator: Takaya Kagami
Original storyboard: Daisuke Furuya
Original character designer: Yamato Yamamoto
Director: Daisuke Tokudo
Associate director: Masashi Koizuka
Written by: Hiroshi Seko
Music by: Hiroyuki Sawano, Takafumi Wada, Asami Tachibana and Megumi Shiraishi
Character designer: Satoshi Kadowaki
Sub-character designer: Takuma Ebisu
Chief animation director: Ayumi Yamada
Director of photography: Yasuhiro Akamatsu
3D director: Tsukasa Saitō
Sound director: Yōta Tsuruoka
Art director: Seiko Yoshioka
Visual development art by: Hiroki Shinagawa
Art design by: Kazushi Fujii
2D works by: Hirofumi Araki
Color setting by: Fumiko Numahata
Lead animators: Megumi Tomita, Miho Kato, Takuma Ebisu and Yuka Sugizaki
Music producer: Hiroyuki Sawano
Music production by: Yasushi Horiguchi (Legendoor)
Prop design by: Takuma Ebisu
Editing by: Masaki Utsunomiya
Sound production by: Rakuonsha
Photography by: Chiptune
Background art by: studio Pablo
Studio: Wit Studio
Network: Tokyo MX, MBS, TVA, BS11
Opening theme: "X.U." by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]: Gemie
Ending theme: "scaPEGoat" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]: Yosh

Main cast: Yūichirō Hyakuya (百夜 優一郎) voiced by Miyu Irino (TV series), Yū Shimamura (young) and Romi Park (voice comic)
Mikaela Hyakuya (百夜 ミカエラ) voiced by Kenshō Ono (TV), Haruka Chisuga (young) and Daisuke Kishio (vomic)
Guren Ichinose (一瀬 グレン) voiced by Yūichi Nakamura (TV) and Kenji Hamada (vomic)
Moon Demon Company (帝鬼軍): Shinoa Hīragi (柊 シノア) voiced by Saori Hayami (TV) and Aki Toyosaki (vomic)
Yoichi Saotome (早乙女 与一) voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto (TV) and Chikahiro Kobayashi (vomic)
Shihō Kimizuki (君月 士方) voiced by Kaito Ishikawa (TV)
Mitsuba Sangū (三宮 三葉) voiced by Yuka Iguchi (TV)

Kureto Hīragi (柊 暮人) voiced by Tomoaki Maeno (TV)
Shinya Hīragi (柊 深夜) voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki (TV)
Sayuri Hanayori (花依 小百合) voiced by Atsumi Tanezaki (TV)
Shigure Yukimi (雪見 時雨) voiced by Yui Ishikawa (TV)
Vampires (吸血鬼): Ferid Bathory (フェリド・バートリー) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai (TV) and Tarusuke Shingaki (vomic)
Krul Tepes (クルル・ツェペシ) voiced by Aoi Yūki (TV)
Crowley Eusford (クローリー・ユースフォード) voiced by Kenichi Suzumura (TV)
Lacus Welt (ラクス・ウェルト) voiced by Takuma Nagatsuka (TV)
René Simm (レーネ・シム) voiced by Yuichiro Umehara (TV)
Supporting cast: Norito Goshi (五士 典人) voiced by Daisuke Ono (TV)
Mito Jūjō (十条 美十) voiced by Yū Shimamura (TV)
Demons (鬼): Asuramaru (阿朱羅丸) voiced by Hibiku Yamamura (TV)
Hyakuya Orphanage: Akane Hyakuya (百夜 茜) voiced by Yō Taichi (TV) and Yuki Yoshinari (vomic)
TV PV#1: https://www.youtube.com/embed/9AMtVwWS0fM?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV PV#2: https://www.youtube.com/embed/NtzDAmRhD9s?rel=0&autoplay=1
Official website: http://owarino-seraph.jp/

Synopsis: One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.

QUOTE (Norren @ Jan 31 2015, 10:32 PM)Huh, Seraph of the End also made it in there, that's a surprise.

Am I the only person excited about the new Arislan Senki anime?despite Seraph's tragic ep.1, still interesting enough for me to keep watching
biggrin.gif

Don't know what Arsland senki is (if it is as it looks i've stopped watching similar stuff since vampire d), but im just as surprised as Norren for Owari no Seraph.

I think i read this a while back, but dropped it because it felt too mainstream for me, episode 1 was good, i loved the overall animation of the characters and the movements too, but i don't think i will be viewing the entire cour/series.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Apr 07 2015, 05:09 AM)Don't know what Arsland senki is (if it is as it looks i've stopped watching similar stuff since vampire d), but im just as surprised as Norren for Owari no Seraph.

I think i read this a while back, but dropped it because it felt too mainstream for me, episode 1 was good, i loved the overall animation of the characters and the movements too, but i don't think i will be viewing the entire cour/serr Arslan isn't a vampire ;p at first i had a bad feeling about Seraph, i waited a couple of days before starting this topic... so i watched ep'2 ^^ its premise and music are kinda Attack on titan, both are adapted by the same studio after all
smile.gif

Owari no Serafu : Action, Dark fantasy, Drama...

It is funny, I was actually tormenting myself 2 months ago about this series, as I was stuck in thoughts about having heard of it earlier...
*3 weeks ago... Masich atic* Come on I could swear I have read a manga that was exactly like this...
Ah!, here we go... Owari no Sera- why is it in the pile of my worst?... Ahhh... Well... Talk about having suppressed memories^^

*This Spoiler contains some information about the manga* Unless you Like this series... Don't click it^^. All of the information within it are from my personal point of view... so don't hold it against me.
Dead serious I have 2 volumes of the manga and I did read them because it was interesting back then, sadly the plot was completely obvious and it would often throw subplots far too quickly at you. You would not even be able to let the plot and development of it sink in, without getting another subplot that makes you think so far ahead! at which you could already guess how it would end!! There are so many unnecessary developments in this manga, that you would just lose track of everything...as in: what is this all about? are we going to take down the leaders? are we going to imprison them all? is this all about revenge? why a power struggle if you can't even see it being there? why am I still reading this? why am I still ranting?
My friend colla has the manga up to chapter 28... Which of course I read before making this.
It is still the same!! only a bit more wtf? on the whole plot lines...

Now I know, I should not judge an anime on its manga, but even from the first 2 episodes of its anime... I'm afraid this will end up the same way as Akame ga kill... only a bit more... crazy? (In a bad way)

Of course I have nothing against anyone liking this, I'm not god that judges or something... Seriously, I got enough of such comments against me lately on other forum sites. And keep in mind everything I post is exactly the same on other sites... Unless when it includes a quote/remark on someone else his words.

QUOTE (Masich @ Apr 12 2015, 08:01 AM)I know, I should not judge an anime on its manga, but even from the first 2 episodes of its anime... I'm afraid this will end up the same way as Akame ga kill... only a bit more... crazy?just like in Akame ga Kill I'll take the risk to watch both cours, i hope they'll not end it before Seraph's manga or LNs... their Cursed Gear effects didn't seem so impressive in ep.3, but by its cliffhanger I'm looking forward this weekend
huh.gif

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 10 2015, 06:00 PM)-Seraph of the End looks like it will be fun action fighting vampires. Hopefully it turns out that way.lately it's picking up with many battles, from 'horsemen of John' to vampires on aircrafts so im glad Yu's school arc ended... about his Moon Demon company at Shinjuku in ep'9, we'll see soon if Mika's reunion with him is worth the wait
dry.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jun 05 2015, 08:00 AM)lately it's picking up with many battles, from 'horsemen of John' to vampires on aircrafts so im glad Yu's school arc ended... about his Moon Demon company at Shinjuku in ep'9, we'll see soon if Mika's reunion with him is worth the wait
It is not, It is not, It will look impressive... (been following forums not anime) But if it is true that it follows the manga... Well, let us just throw that in the background after 1 confrontation for the next 15-20 chapters. P.S. Reunion of Childhood Friends is Chp.13 and that Mika who is also a bit Yandere and Shounen AI...type... Well, same deal... Nice to see you every now and than in a chapter/personal chapter for a few seconds till later on in the series.

Of course, as I stated It could follow a different story line Instead of the manga, but that will often end up as... Akame ga kill!

QUOTE (Masich @ Jun 05 2015, 05:21 AM)It could follow a different story line Instead of the manga, but that will often end up as... Akame ga kill!ep'10 hints what you mean, i wasn't sure to keep going at times as you pointed on Kekkai also this one has its bad eps... by this PV seems tomorrow Yu will 'go berserk' with his Cursed Gear, unless the other protas Mika or Guren survive
sleep.gif

The recap episode makes it pretty obvious what everyone (especually Kururu) already suspected: Ferid broke Yuichiro out and gave him to Guren.

I still can't figure out Ferid's game. Even as far ahead in the manga as I've read, his gambit is still confusing as hell.

Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya, Humans scarier than vampires or demons?

QUOTE (Norren @ Oct 05 2015, 02:48 PM)what everyone (especually Kururu) already suspected: Ferid broke Yuichiro out and gave him to Guren.yet Yu doesnt mind to be used, or interrogated until Mika is back to normal
dry.gif

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 02 2015, 12:46 AM)I'll definitely be checking out other shows like Owari no Seraph 2, the new Gundam, Shinmaou 2, the neMe too especially now that i saw the 1st battle in Nagoya, yet is a shame Lululu Lalala Lucal Wesker only lasts in ep.5... I began to like this villain sacrificing his butler but suicided, to not be killed by humans (Vampire Dio's VA really fits)
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 12 2015, 08:00 PM) Me too especially now that i saw the 1st battle in Nagoya, yet is a shame Lululu Lalala Lucal Wesker only lasts in ep.5... I began to like this villain sacrificing his butler but suicided, to not be killed by humans (Vampire Dio's VA really fits)
laugh.gif

FINALLY!!!!

A noble written the way a noble SHOULD BE!
"I'm not evil. I'm entitled, and those about me are solely for use at my discretion. I am your lord, and it is your privilege to die for me. You should be honored that I chose to allow you to sacrifice yourself for the purpose of defending the house of Wesker! Your family's reputation will receive a boost in standing amongst my retainers because of your sacrifice!"

YES!!! Took them long enough!

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Nov 18 2015, 12:41 PM)Took them long enough!after its cliffhanger in ep.7 I hope to see other vampires like him, because even if Crowley is stronger still his personality... just doesn't fit as a noble ;p at least both sidekick hotties are fun, too bad they dont team up with Wesker instead
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Oct 5 2015,1:48 PM)I still can't figure out Ferid's game. Even as far ahead in the manga as I've read, his gambit is still confusingit's hinted again in ep'10 now that Mika is allowed by Yuu's friends, to take care of him and get along again as family... 'fujpshi bait' scenes -.- damn Shihō's sis cliffhanger, only 2 eps arent enough to end Seraph properly (pun intended)
dry.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 06 2015, 06:00 PM)Synopsis: One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.

It's all the same and yet for a reason... so it is said... esoterically speaking.... that 'virus'... always occurs when the comets return... aka, 'the gods' as our ancestors put it... which our historians interpret wrongly... most likely on purpose to keep us in the dark.... such 'virii' are called plagues.

'treated as livestock'.... remember that from so many shows like Twilight Zone?... that 'How to Serve Man' cookbook the 'aliens' had?
wink.gif

aliens or in this case and often in the recent past, were called 'vampires'... higher dimensional beings that could come and go... when in the phsysical, usually had their minions, 'the greys' drain blood for nutrient use(cattle most often, look up cattle mutes online, human mutes aren't reported at all to the public other than disappearances), otherwise, when in a 4d state, utilize energy flow, in this case a negative energy flow.... thus all of our problems that repeat endlessly here in 'Purgatory'.

'dreams of killing vampires'..... another way to get a negative energy flow going... mental/emotional conditioning of the masses to raise them like cattle to be like them... negative... dark creatures.. thus wars, death, rape, pillage et al... endlessly as long as we are here in Purgatory.

Haven't seen it... seems from the few comments here, that it is the usual routine stuff, but imagine if they had an inkling of WTF is really going on.... it is said that the average college graduate understands about 2% of what's going on.... imagine learning a little more. But the subconscious connections exist and import these dreams/ideas into our heads nevertheless.

Interesting to see what actually gets produced in any form... but extremely rare to see anyone get close to the nature of the 'Beast'.
ph34r.gif
Imagine the 'Matrix' as our reality... 'Tron' did a different version, as did many before and after, just like all of these animes.... how to portray a subject when little is understood? Those 'programs' are mostly in our heads, that come from our culture... our zeitgeist... obstacles in greater self-conscious awareness... that maze, matrix, jail, trap of the 'soul' in form/body.

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Dec 24 2015, 03:00 PM)'dreams of killing vampires'..... another way to get a negative energy flow going... mental/emotional conditioning of the masses to raise them like cattle to be like them... negative... dark creatures.. thus wars, death, rape, pillage et al... endlessly as long as we are here in Purgatory.

Haven't seen it... seems from the few comments here, that it is the usual routine stuff, but imagine if they had an inkling of WTF is really goingActually it isn't an usual survival of the fittest as thought at first, to rule its post apocalyptic world like NGE or Berserk... lots of 'protect family' ;/ is over by now yet glad it'll continue, I prefer that than S1 but i suggest you at least try ep.1
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back