Oops i installed windows vista

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Is Vista rather unstable? A friend was thinking of installing Vista. Should I tell her to wait?

The more I read, the less inclined I am to bastardize my Mac by using Boot Camp. Playing Flyff with the other kids just isn't a good enough reason.

well i only had some early driver problems, which were fixed when i updated them to vista supported ones. The other problem i had was that when playing games i would get some sort of lag in frames, dont know why and it only happens when im using vista. So i guess my gfx card is not good enough for vista XD.

I have heard that Vista is somewhat slower playing games than XP is so it may not just be your graphics card. A magazine tested some games on both XP and Vista and found they got lower framerates with Vista. Go figure eh? Two steps back and one step forward it seems.

lol, I think it's "two steps forward, one step back" >.> Overall, Vista is an improvement on XP, not like it's worse all around o.o

Its like MacOSX with infinitely more baggage.
I'll run XP on my home PC until Vista sees some major improvements. All the other aspects of that operating system that I'm "missing out on," I will enjoy on my macbook!

This is how I plan to go about it anyway.

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Apr 18 2007, 01:24 AM) Is Vista rather unstable? A friend was thinking of installing Vista. Should I tell her to wait?

The more I read, the less inclined I am to bastardize my Mac by using Boot Camp. Playing Flyff with the other kids just isn't a good enough reason.
its not that its unstable... Vista is still quite fresh system. Actually nothing works the way it should. DX10 doesnt work all in all for simple reason - no game can run in DX10 yet (Crysis should be the first to use this database), some drivers are not compatible with new OS, there are problems with different tools added to system. For instance who needs COMPULSORY tool which scans drives in order to find bad sectors and corrupted data? In addition it slows down PC to the level in which I couldnt work on it properly (2gb ram) :| - its simply ridiculous.

The other thing is mentioned above system requirements. I know that nowadays most people do have PCs able to handle new Bills' baby but what good comes from using most of 2gb of physical memory JUST TO BOOT THE SYSTEM and perform few useless actions? Recommended requirements are 3,0ghz cpu, 2gb ram, 20gb of HDD free space and 128mb dx9 GPU but I would double it...

Friend of mine installed VISTA not so long ago on a4400 X2, 2,5gb ram and 7800gts and until he turned of some functions he werent able to work normally on his rig.... RI DI CU LO US :|

I personally shall wait for some patches to be released. If VISTA will finally be able to cooperate with MY HARDWARE properly I propably go and install it. But no sooner than that.

QUOTE The other thing is mentioned above system requirements. I know that nowadays most people do have PCs able to handle new Bills' baby but what good comes from using most of 2gb of physical memory JUST TO BOOT THE SYSTEM and perform few useless actions? Recommended requirements are 3,0ghz cpu, 2gb ram, 20gb of HDD free space and 128mb dx9 GPU but I would double it...

The truth is that you need a Super Computer to run vista. I have vista x64 in a new computer i purchased (I gave over 900 euros for it, but it's worth it). Nice graphics etc. but when I tried to install drivers for my old printers... BOOM... the system wouldn't recognized them. And it was not the only incident. The newer system, the more money to spend for hardware. And specifically in 64-bit versions the things are much much worst. Better NOT to follow the market here. Let the others took the hook off. If your system works fine, DON'T CHANGE IT.

Regards...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back