Ookami to Koushinryou

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired
Moonphase has listed another new anime in their list, Ookami to Koushinryou or also known as The Wolf and the Spices. This anime based on the light novel, with the same title.

Ookami to Koushinryou
狼と香辛料
The Wolf and the Spices

Premier:
TBA
Wikipedia: Wikipedia Link
Author: Isuna Hasekura

Manga Covers:

The light novel were published under the flag of Media Works on February 2006. There will be a manga adaptation Keito Koumei on September 2007. Unfortunately, the premier date of the anime series is still not published.

There is a light novel review from Andrew Cunningham in this website.
Credit goes to NeoSam from animesuki.

EDIT: Fixing the link of the manga covers

"An economics thriller starring a 25-year-old trader and a 600-year-old pagan wolf deity, engaged in a high risk game of Renaissance merchant lore, under constant threat of being captured and burned at the stake by the church..."

(~quoted from the review site~)

Horo-chan is now in my harem!! XD
wub.gif
laugh.gif
Apparently, her personality makes all the other characters from all the novels published in 2007 look "one-dimensional"........her character and how she is shown in the novel makes her seem like the "real-thing".......wow, the reviewer got hooked on this.

I can't wait to see the novel getting scanlated and the manga too.
rolleyes.gif

I think the anime will be released in the beginning of 2008 or Spring 2008.
rolleyes.gif

I sense some romance in this!! Yipee!! XD
ohmy.gif
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

Here's a nice pic of Horo-chan: -

She kinda reminds me of Zero Louise but a bit more mature, sexier, dark.........and she's just too KAWAII!!! XD

Been looking into this series lately and I'm already getting excited about it. Holo already seems like an amazing character, and for this series to get such high notoriety only a year after originally being published, it must be something really good. Too bad the anime is only 12 episodes though. If they had waited a few more years they would have had enough material to go for 24/26 I bet.
sad.gif
It starts in January if anyone's wondering.

I just downloaded the first two manga chapters and I'll read them later to get a better feel of the characters.

QUOTE "An economics thriller starring a 25-year-old trader and a 600-year-old pagan wolf deity, engaged in a high risk game of Renaissance merchant lore, under constant threat of being captured and burned at the stake by the church..."

So what is it basically? An anime about economics or an anime about store handling? Too lazy to click teh linck meh.

QUOTE (khael @ Dec 06 2007, 03:24 AM)
So what is it basically? An anime about economics or an anime about store handling? Too lazy to click teh linck meh.
From what I'm able to surmise from researching and reading the first two chapters of the manga, there is Lawrence, a traveling merchant who finds Holo (or Horo if you prefer the transliterated version) in his wagon one night. She's a wolf-god of harvest from a nearby town and she escaped so that she can go back to her homeland in the north, and she wants to see how much the world has changed since she was in the town for hundreds of years. The story is about their travels around the country. The setting is close to medieval Europe. Holo helps Lawrence in his trade by providing her wisdom to increase his profits. On the journey, they manage to get into jams and have to help each other get out of them. There's also a romance/comedy theme between Lawrence and Holo.

That's all I know pretty much; the rest is on Wiki. I'm pretty sure this is going to be my favorite one next season.

The series is also known as "Spice and Wolf." All in all, I say the first episode of this series was quite the fanservice in a way. Almost like Inukami! toned down a bit.

Nice screenshot of the OP

Horo has a unique way of speaking and I had a hard time interpreting what it was saying...
unsure.gif

The opening of the series intrigued me with the backgrounds of valleys, towns, and the main characters. Scenery is better than many series I've seen.

I wouldn't call how Horo was depicted fan service since much wasn't drawn at all. It wasn't provocative, enticing, etc. The way she was animated made it seem natural. I do find the pairing of the two characters intriguing to watch. A traveling merchant and a spirit of good fortune. Would be interesting to watch if Lawrence's greed happens to grow as time wears on. But what bugged me was that the character Lawrence took the situation as it is too easily. But, if a girl with Wolf ears and a tail is in front of you, that is blatant evidence corroborating her story.

I think I will continue to watch this series to see how this plays out and what character relationships and development happen. But I found the ending not to be funny.

two words, watch it... this anime is definitely bringing some new things to the table, watching their economies and the history of the towns trade, harvest ect is a real nice change... the perfect partners seem to have been formed, but romance with a wolf will leave me wondering
laugh.gif
i don't see a "happily ever after" here, also im wondering what those villagers are going to do to that one village girl... was it a bad harvest? or is the count really a demon considering there have been nothing but good harvests since he showed up.... i dont know, i think there is more to that count then lets on, but anyway it seems that girl is in a bit of a jam... those villagers looked at her like she was about to die (aka sacrificed)
unsure.gif

another show on my new anime watchlist along with trinity souls, now to check out true tears

OK this was the best starter episode out of this season. I am already in love with OP song and visuals....it was just...beautiful.

Intrigued by scene with wolves in OP. I guess stuff won't be just about trade...

Will re-watch it again and again. and OP song is already on my mp4 player(along with video).

This along with Persona and Shigofumi is three best things out of this season...

Good fantasy anime series are far too few but I'm glad to say this one looks like it makes the grade.

The first episode was great. I can't wait to see how it plays out. Reminds me of Sisters of Wellber.

Only wish Horo had been more anatomically accurate but hey I can live with what we got. Besides the DVD version probably will be.

Really good first episode. I've been eagerly anticipating this ever since this thread was made months ago. At first just cause of the cute fox girl, but I've slowly become more and more interested in the rest of the show as time passed and now its finally here. Still really like Horo.
biggrin.gif
Really wish the novels were available for me to read though cause I would love to check them out.

This, I believe, will be my favorite from this season. I was very excited about seeing it last month and the first episode was really nice, though I kind of dislike how they added in Chloe as an anime-original character, as I don't believe they had to.
sleep.gif
I've already read the first four manga chapters, and Holo has really grown on me; she was so damn cute in the fourth chapter, it was criminal. After looking into the manga, I'm expecting great things from the anime, and I know I won't be disappointed.

As for the music, I liked the OP and BGMs, but the ED left much to be desired; I just couldn't get into it at all with that Engrish.

QUOTE (smokie @ Jan 09 2008, 04:18 PM) The first episode was great. I can't wait to see how it plays out. Reminds me of Sisters of Wellber.

Ya, I got the Sisters of Wellber feel from it as well. Probably the whole era and travelling thing put together.

I really liked the first episode. The whole pagan festivals vs.humans idea was quite interesting because it is so true. As soon as humans realized that they could do things on their own, they didn't bother with the pagan rituals and the such. Back in the day, this was probably set when the transition was going on from the widespread practise of paganism to it being seen as something "demonic" and the such. I loved that concept/theme.

It gives a very light, fluffy fantasy feel to it, and I really like Horo. Her red eyes are just gorgeous. And I have to say....Lawrence isn't that bad a looker himself
rolleyes.gif

Definitely will become a good series.... The story seems also interesting, and Horo herself is a quite interesting character. Add to this the fact that Lelouch and Kallen's seiyuus voice the lead characters. Especially Horo's way of speech, I believe it's old form of Japanese.

Anyway, I'm looking forward how the story will go on, can't wait
wink.gif

well ive just finished the first episode and i must say this is going to be an interesting one, i tihnk it has potential to become utter brialliance.Horo is very interesting aswell.

one word to summon here would have to be INTERESTING lol.

can wait to see how this story develops.

watched episode 2, and i'm glad to say this show is still going strong... its simply interesting to watch this, it seems that trade is indeed the main object of this show... they also threw in on how the world is changing, difference in how people/animals live, Horo's past ect ect and it just never gets old

gotta love Horo, her complex yet easy to understand sayings are one of my favorite things about this anime, they are the pefect thing for sore ears
tongue.gif
... also it seems the two are getting closer but i truly hope that they open up to eachother completely by the time this series finishes... i feel bad for Lawrence though, i know Horo is a wolf but dang don't be walking around naked in human form
laugh.gif
*self restraint is a must for him*

P.S: the church looks like it'll take the role of the bad guy this time around, if they find out about Horo its gonna be exorsism time
ohmy.gif
also in the OP it looks like it was the church who took away that other girl in episode 1... just a guess

Yeah the story has a nice pace, but i cant shake the feeling that it is going to be a sad ending. Only think that buged me in the second episode was that I think that Horo blushed to fast. I thought Lawrence was going to have to work a little harder for that.

Wow, after reading all these promising reviews I think I'm gonna have to check this one out. I hope I'll be as impressed as you all seem to be, watching the first few episodes...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back