Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
dJfspJr.jpg

Title: Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (Wolf Girl & Black Prince)
Genre: Romance, Drama, Comedy
Premier: October 2014
Animation Studio: TYO Animations
Director: Kasai Ken’ichi
Original Creator: Ayuko Hatta
Official Website:

Plot:
The story centers around Erika Shinohara, a vain 16-year-old girl who tells her friends about her romantic exploits, but she actually has no boyfriend. She claims that a handsome boy in a candid photo is her boyfriend, but it turns out that boy is a schoolmate named Kyouya Sata. She has no choice but to make him her fake boyfriend. Unfortunately, Sata may look like a sweet person, but he is actually an ultra-black-hearted sadist. Sata takes advantage of Erika's weakness and treats her like his dog.

(~from MAL~)

This serie really reminds me a lot of Kaichou wa Maid-sama! for some reason.
Eitherway, I hate the supporting characters, I enjoy the opening number and for a time filler, I wouldn't mind continue watching this.
The only real downside I find is... it just seems so common. But, that may be only from my viewpoint.

QUOTE (Masich @ Oct 05 2014, 02:54 PM) This serie really reminds me a lot of Kaichou wa Maid-sama! for some reason.
Was just going to say the same, for one its probably because the main characters's hairdos are similar and their situations too, the male lead goes along with and hides the female lead's lie, and the two friends also reminded me a bit of Sadako's friends (kimi ni todoke)

So far this has the best ending of this season but i've only seen like half of the shows :S, im too busy atm and getting people to come for vacation, so i might have to shelve some of this season's shows ;_;

But so far, im definitely not shelving this, its amusing lol.

Until now this series feels predictable. She starts liking him even though he is treating her pretty badly. He also seems to start to like her as he can't watch her get sad. Also he seems to hide something. Even if predictable it is a nice series to watch as the story flows easily and doesn't feel forced.

So this story continues. Erika did a good job of throwing water in his face. Whatever it is that is bothering him needs to come out otherwise he will not grow as a person. Even though he acts pretty mean towards Erika, he does harbor something for her. That necklace was way too nice to be just for something simple. Also he did something special: he visited her at home with her parents...

Now this is starting to get interesting
smile.gif
We get a rival for Erika's love. Sata keeps on playing the cold, insensitive guy but he can't keep it up for long anymore. He is jealous on anybody who gets near Erika and if he wants her to remain with him he does need to come out into the open. The flashbacks of whatever happened in his past are starting to get more intimidating. Just trying to suppress them doesn't feel like it's working for Sata anymore.

Mirror Mirror on the wall... Why do I see keep seeing Kaichou wa Maid-sama!?
Ōkami Shōjo to Kuro Ōji Review Time!

I Will keep to my first reply that I see a lot of Kaichou wa Maid-Sama! in this serie...Apart from the fact that I do acknowledge it as being a complete different story.
Kaichou = President of a former all-boys school (now co-ed) and while being hated by a lot of boys, she is working in secret as a part-timer in a Maid cafe as a maid with at first 1 boy finding out but keeping it a secret while teasing her.
Ookami = Girl uses photo of a guy as boyfriend (showing it to a few girls) while not knowing that he is in the same school as her, afterwards he finds out and blackmails her for it by treating her as his sort of dog.
Endings are both the same actually... All to be honest I felt more feelings to Kaichou wa Maid-sama in only seeing the final episode after a year, then that I did in all the episodes of Ookami. Yeah... I shouldn't compare them, but I did give the synopsis to make clear about the differences, which I won't hold against Ookami in my ratings below.

Overall, my rating for Ōkami Shōjo to Kuro Ōji: 7/10
Animation: 7/10 (0 offense, but most of the time only their lips moved! sometimes I was staring for a whole minute to characters that were just talking with their lips, no movements apart from that in their entire bodies!).
Story: 8/10 (I honestly enjoyed the whole plot and how it developed into something nice, despite the characters behaviors/personalities).
Characters: 6/10 (I found Erika to be enjoyable with the whole wolf ears and trying to be cunning, Kyouya on the other hand .. not so much with being a tsundere under that sadistic expression and selfish).

My own feelings about this show are mixed, as I actually stopped after the first episode and took about 4 hours to watch everything from episode 2 to final in one time today, but still felt it all lacking something or doing something wrong, of which I still have no clue about (maybe the pacing), but others might know something else.

So the last episode was more about Sata and his relationship to his mother. That history part is very weak which ain't good for a last episode. Erika's idea didn't go as planned but still it worked out okay. Hmm, i would have like if something else also worked out: Ayumi and Nozomi were fun to watch. He tries to hit on her and she just ignores him due to his previous behaviour. A bit more of them wouldn't have hurt the series. Better said would have improved it.

Let's see for the whole series:
I must agree with Masich for a lot of things.
Animation was sometimes weak with some really bland scenes.
Storywise it wasn't original. From the start it was clear they would fall for each other. Even the introduction of the rivals was predictable. The only nice feature was the introduction of the families. A series which shows the parents and siblings besides the main characters is always a plus. You even get to know how they think about the relationship.
Characters do have a lot of faults though due to the predictability. Sata is not a great black prince. He should be sadistic and so on but he doesn't act like it for a lot of the series. Even his background is weak. His history just felt boring. Erika however was nice with some good emotional development. The rest of the characters weren't used properly. Their characters could have been a lot more...
That also sums the problem of this series: it never got above average. A predictable story needs to focus on other things like funny characters, strange situations, different problems on which you see the characters interact to solve it. It didn't have any of it in such measures that it can help the series. Ayumi and Nozomi are a good example: Nozomi seems to like her and she ain't buying it due to his past. A potential situation which wasn't used.
Sad to say that this series ain't above average so only 6.5 out of 10.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back