Omamori Himari

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I'm lost. I never read the manga, so bear with me.

Why are the demons attacking him? I mean just because he is a descendant of a family of demon slayer seems like a stupid reason. If he was an actual demon slayer I can see why they would want him dead. It just seems silly for the demons to go out of their way. To kill a kid who is just a descendant of a demon slayer family. Of course unless it's just some obvious route were the kid actually has some hidden power that just haxxxs the anime.

@Repede: Its really easy to understand. Kill him before he becomes a demon slayers. Right now he is nothing more than a teenager but he could become some seriously troubling enemy so its best to kill him when hes weak.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 11 2010, 09:37 AM) @Repede: Its really easy to understand. Kill him before he becomes a demon slayers. Right now he is nothing more than a teenager but he could become some seriously troubling enemy so its best to kill him when hes weak.
Still doesn't make much sense, unless his family has some special genes in were he would/is stronger than your average human.

Because by that logic, they might as well kill every human since there is the possiblity of them becoming a demon slayer. I just can't see why a bunch of demons would plot to kill a teenage boy just because his family is a demon slayer.

He has an inherent demon slaying power that was masked by the charm his Grandmother gave him. When the charm lost it's effectiveness, the demons were able to sense this inherent power and therefore want to kill him. If he was powerless, they never would have sensed him and probably would have left him alone.

I think its quite obvious that his family doesnt consist of normal humans and that he is stronger than a normal human.
If not they wouldnt be able to slay demons, unless demons are that weak that every normal human can beat them, what I dont think so. And Himari clarified that that isnt the case.

So all in all everything is logically. At least for me
tongue.gif

It should be logical for everyone, it's not even hard to understand. He is a descendant of a demon slayer family, so the demons want him dead. Why is there a problem understanding something so simple? Not to mention as Accipiter pointed out, we even received an explaination on how the charm he had worked, and why Himawari came to protect him. There really is no wall to prevent understanding here.

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jan 11 2010, 01:43 PM) It should be logical for everyone, it's not even hard to understand. He is a descendant of a demon slayer family, so the demons want him dead. Why is there a problem understanding something so simple?
Sorry not everyone is as smart as you.
wink.gif

Plus you are failing to see my point. It was never explained whether he had powers or not. If he inded has powers then he wouldn't need any guardian to protect him. If he was powerless, and it's just a regular human that is a decendant of a demon slayer family, then it would be completely retarded for demons to plot to kill him.

But yeah, being a smartass is way cooler than actually thinking a little and trying to see my point.

Well if it's a decendant from a Deomon Slayer family of course he would have special abilities. Although that would of been the case if he never had the charm to begin with. It was also the reason why he slipped under the radar for so long and would of if the chram didn't die off.

From what I could guess from reading the manga I think the charm was meant to die off because of another plot device that will present itself later on in the series I hope, or else it might not make as much sense.

Repede, look at it this way. Assume he DOESN'T have any special powers or abilities, the only special thing about him is that he is descended from a long line of Demon Slayers.
The demons hate demon slayers, and they know this family - they have killed many demons. The boy is the child of these demon slayers. The demons hate them, but they can't kill them. Whats the next best thing? Kill their kid. Revenge.
Further, there is a much higher probability that if a child's parents were demon slayers, their grandparents were demon slayers, their great grandparents were demon slayers and their great-great-great-etc grandparents were demon slayers that the child will also be a demon slayer than some random kid who almost definitely doesn't even believe in demons becoming a demon slayer.
It's not like demon slaying is a common profession in the modern era...

All the above makes the targeting of the kid logical. Now imagine that by being the child of a long line of demon slayers, he also has some innate ability, a higher spirit power or something like that which makes him an even greater threat to the demons. Obviously they would want to target him to eliminate him while he's young, weak, and untrained. The amulet his grandparents gave him (proof that his grandparents were not only trained/skilled but also knew the danger) hid him from the demons, but now it's power is all used up so the demons can find him and attempt to eliminate him.

Makes sense to me.

QUOTE (Repede @ Jan 11 2010, 02:11 PM) Sorry not everyone is as smart as you.
wink.gif

Plus you are failing to see my point. It was never explained whether he had powers or not. If he inded has powers then he wouldn't need any guardian to protect him. If he was powerless, and it's just a regular human that is a decendant of a demon slayer family, then it would be completely retarded for demons to plot to kill him.

But yeah, being a smartass is way cooler than actually thinking a little and trying to see my point.
Is it really being a smartass? Ever find it weird that everyone but you understands why it is happening? I rest my case. I don't think it has anything to do with who is smart or not but rather than you lack common sense in this matter.

That said, I'll leave the conversation to you guys till the second ep.

Really isn't that good of a show, but there's just something in it that will probably keep me coming back to it, at least for now. My assumption is it's Hol.....i mean Himari that will make me want to come back. Love listening to her. Which is good cause it counteracts how much I dislike Yuto's voice actor in almost everything he does.

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jan 12 2010, 12:28 AM) Is it really being a smartass? Ever find it weird that everyone but you understands why it is happening? I rest my case. I don't think it has anything to do with who is smart or not but rather than you lack common sense in this matter.

That said, I'll leave the conversation to you guys till the second ep.
Let's just drop it. I honestly don't care.

It's just I felt it was extremely simplified for a bunch of demons to plot aganist a kid. Yes I knew he came from a Demon Slayer family, but I just felt it was stupid for a bunch of demons to plot to kill him for such a measly reason.

I was just over thinking I guess.

Ep 2 was good too.
We had a lot of great Himari scenes, especially when she was on the whale. I couldnt stop laughing ^^
Or when she wanted to seduce him in the store. Awesome.
And I wouldnt have thought that Rinko would be that acceptable with Himari so fast. But thats good if she always just trys to bring her down she would be damn annoying.

So in the end Shizuku is interested in why Yuto cares for Himari that much even though he is a demon slayer. I dont know about you, but I did see that coming from miles ago.
Still thats not so bad, after all this series is living from Himari and as long as she stays that great its ok for me.

Only bothersome thing is Yutos voice. He sounds like he will soon die because of age -.-

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 14 2010, 02:12 PM) Only bothersome thing is Yutos voice. He sounds like he will soon die because of age -.-
Seems like everyone is having a hard time accepting the voice chosen for Yuto (myself included)...

Putting not suiting the character/sounding off aside...here's another possible reason why:
Yuto's seiyu/VA=Daisuke Hirakawa...seiyuu/VA of Makoto Ito from School Days....
dry.gif

^Poor guy, is his career going to be ruined by that one role?
tongue.gif
I thought he was quite good in Itazura na Kiss as Irie Naoki... but that's the only other role I have heard him in.

I haven't watched this show yet, I just kinda skimmed through it, not sure if I will watch it or not, but I did notice that Yuuto's voice is kinda odd. It just doesn't match his appearance, maybe they should have gotten Sanpei Yuko to voice him instead
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jan 14 2010, 04:23 PM) Seems like everyone is having a hard time accepting the voice chosen for Yuto (myself included)...

Putting not suiting the character/sounding off aside...here's another possible reason why:
Yuto's seiyu/VA=Daisuke Hirakawa...seiyuu/VA of Makoto Ito from School Days....
dry.gif

:/ I never watched School Days, and his voice still gets to me... Meh, whatever. I like who they chose for Shizuku, she fits perfectly. Himari grates less on my nerves in this episode, less like a 40-year-old seductress and more like a young swordswoman.

Some of my favorite scenes were in this episode, too; Yuuto discovers Himari is terrified of water (or maybe just can't swim?), Yuuto tries to save Himari, and Shizuku's like "WTF, mate?" I still cringed when I saw Himari stab herself in the leg with the icicle, though.

Series is looking good, a faithful animation of the original manga. Now, let's just hope they don't end the manga or the anime prematurely.

I watched episode 01 on Saturday night and a bit of episode 02 didn't get to finish it off but I did just now.
tongue.gif

Episode 01 was a very good opening for a series that I wasn't all giddy about from the beginning. It was your regular harem introduction but how they executed the direction in this series made it enjoyable for me and seemed fresh.......I really thought that it would reek of the same old re-used hashed crap but it didn't, it smelt winter fresh.
tongue.gif

Episode 02 was decent introduing Shizuku the loli and ended with telling us that the next episode would properly introduce the busty blonde maid.
rolleyes.gif

I like this series and this could possibly have a 2nd season considering the amount of material there is and the fact that the current 1st season will ONLY be 12 episodes.
rolleyes.gif

This will be another series that I will follow and lectures at uni begin tomorrow....I've got a busy year ahead of me.
tongue.gif

EDIT:

OH CRAP.......I forgot to mention that Yuuta flipping sounds and freaking acts like Makoto (I know they have the same seiyuu) and that pervy friend of his is like Taisuke Sawanaga of School Days. I don't remember which episode of the 2 but one of the lines has Yuuto saying "don't call me stupid" and I remember vividly that exact line and the tone that was used.........is EXACTLY the SAME as how its said in School Days.
dry.gif

I would have to agree to many other ppl in other boards that Daisuke Hirakawa, Yuuta's seiyuu RUINED Omamori Himari for me.
dry.gif
Brace yourselves...........this guy will be in the upcoming anime, Starry☆Sky

I really like the series but just that his voice is of the main character...does put me off and pretty much whenever he spoke in the anime......it directly linked to School Days.....the matter is worse for me because about a month ago, I watched the last episode of School Days.......I watched the entire series as it aired except for the delayed finale......I did kinda watched the finale but I pretty much skimmed through the last episode to see the conclusive deaths and nice boat ending.
wink.gif

On the other hand....Himari.....needs to sound like someone else because that voice should ONLY be for *MY* Holo-chan.
wacko.gif
wub.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

I think I will follow this one, despite being a little dissapointed by the second episode. The VA that plays Himari (and Holo) is honestly a major factor... that country accent is to die for.

Well after watching episode 3 I can say they are doing an ok job with showing off what happened in the manga at that point. Never the less this pretty much added the tea cup girl and what she is known for.

Aside from that who would of guessed that the loli was try and openly seduce him no matter what here.

Ep 3 was quite nice too with good character development for everyone and with Liz an interesting new character. I mean who couldve thought that the teacup was the Ayakashi oO

It was great to see how Shizuku made Himari & Rinko jealous. I wonder if they will drag that out, I hope so.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back