[Oct 21, 2014] Episode Update Issues on Fansub TV

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as I stated in an earlier post I thought it was related since I knew that one of the servers was shared by you and daft already. I didn't say it was, I said I guessing it was. Besides I thought if it was the shared server it would explain why you had issues as well too.

How much has the site's traffic been affected by this?

Not to sure as to how much traffic is affect, but a status update would be kind of nice to know right now. I mean the banner and some of the forum buttons are down still.

Also, the main page is still the same though too.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 05 2014, 05:33 PM) Not to sure as to how much traffic is affect, but a status update would be kind of nice to know right now. I mean the banner and some of the forum buttons are down still.

Also, the main page is still the same though too.
We don't really have much of an update at present, Daft is quite busy in the real world and simply hasn't had the time yet. I'm a bit limited as to what I can do, for one I can't re-route the DNS so that's causing some of the icon problems. I'm also trying to fix up parts of my own site, and I don't actually get much free time during the week as I work long hours and have a long commute home. The small parts I have managed to do on here and mine I basically did at work during lunch and while waiting to leave etc.

The reality is that the front page is not a quick fix, Daft is looking at building up a new instance of it to test what happens when it goes live - we think its basically going to wipe out 2 years of updates, so we want to be sure before doing that. Hes also thinking about re-designing the options system to be more lightweight, so this sort of thing wouldn't happen / we don't need to store as much.

Most of this is still trying to figure out what we can do still.

Edit:
I posted an update on the front page, its not perfect but its something to explain what's going on.

I see :/ so its fixes will take longer than expected mainly because of updates, a couple of years or more to be lost... still i think is worth the risk or else FTV will stay like now, without updating anymore if there's no other choice of course
sleep.gif

Well worst case scenario we may loose the forums entirely, but that's kind of doubtful on that part.

In any case if a rebuild is going to happen I guess going from the ground up might be better than trying to do patchwork every now and again.

Also, Maiku-san how are things going with your site as well if you don't mind me asking that.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 07 2014, 05:59 AM) Well worst case scenario we may loose the forums entirely, but that's kind of doubtful on that part.

In any case if a rebuild is going to happen I guess going from the ground up might be better than trying to do patchwork every now and again.

Also, Maiku-san how are things going with your site as well if you don't mind me asking that.
We wont loose the forums, they are fine except for the images, which we could in theory get from the original install files. Although we might loose members from lack of updates.

Don't really want to mention my site on here, but it basically lost all the DDLs (which were backed up and slowly being restored), everything else was fine.

I have started to manually restore some of the images for the forum, therefore these will slowly start to show up, and should make the site a little more usable.

I'd just like to say thanks to the Internet Archive Wayback machine http://archive.org/web/ which is where I am downloading each image one by one to the server to restore them. Obviously this is taking quite a bit of time lol.

I got the forum images manually by saving each one, then got 50 screenshots manually and used that to make a script to pull the rest down and save them to the right place automatically.

I've managed to restore 2,130 images that were missing from FTV, 2,098 were screenshots.

Thats no where near everything, but its enough to make some of the front page and the anime pages have images again. Unfortunately, that is the best we can do in terms of a restoration without any backups.

All of these 2,130 images were retrieved from the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, without them this would not have been possible. I will therefore be making a donation to them on behalf of FTV.

Edit:
I found another 9 forum/site images... 2,139 now lol.

Edit2:
Manually added another 90 screenshots which the script couldn't handle on its own.. 2,229 images recovered!

Note: It will take some time for the content delivery network to update, so you may find more images start to appear over the next couple of days.

Well at least things are looking back to normal.... mostly now. In any case here's hoping that the patchwork is done sometime soon then.
tongue.gif

Is there somewhere where i can help? Can i donate anything? I would offer encoding skills if i had them but i dont.

~Derek

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 07 2014, 01:59 AM) Well worst case scenario we may loose the forums entirely, but that's kind of doubtful on that part.
horribly late response but as long as Ryu-san continues to update the season lineups and the staff keeps opening the series threads i believe we will all come back to comment, so im not worried much, just keep good health Daft-san, last time i was in a forum were things crumbled a bit like this the admin worked himself to death trying to fix it and collapsed (lol but rly).

Well daft-sensei isn't alone here you know, and I'm somewhat worried about Maiku-san's health too if that the case since he did do some of the patch work around here also.
tongue.gif

The only two things left I see are the boards still having x'es for some of the thread icons and of course the episode updater on the main portion of the site. I know the first part can be easily fixed over the second part... I hope.

The forum basically needs its skin set images, I can't find anywhere that still has anything for this board's version as its so old, Daft was going to look for/at the backups but I not heard anything on that yet.

The episode updater is basically dead and is going to require work to either re-make it, or to make something else. Daft had mentioned taking the site into a new direction where by that would no longer be needed, but I not heard if that's been started.

I'm not actively working on anything for FTV at the moment, I don't know if Daft is. I don't want to start hacking around in FTV's code and changing stuff, code and a website is a very personal thing, and I'm not about to mess with it unless Daft allows it.

How is the restorative work going?

Since a new anime season is due, with all my past series drawing to a final, I really need to be up-to-date with the coming season. This I have done through this site since countless years back. I don't really want to have to look elsewhere for anime after all this time. But if this place will remain as it is for an unknown amout of time I will have to find new sources of anime.
sad.gif

QUOTE (itachi90 @ Mar 04 2015, 10:26 AM) Why hasn't the site been fixed to update the new animes coming out ?
sad.gif

Well the admins that can fix the place do know of the problems, but are having irl issues as well. Granted if they had the time to do so they would be able to fix up the site though.

Also, not sure how many can recode the server back to working order again though.
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 04 2015, 11:19 PM) Well the admins that can fix the place do know of the problems, but are having irl issues as well. Granted if they had the time to do so they would be able to fix up the site though.

Also, not sure how many can recode the server back to working order again though.
unsure.gif

QUOTE (itachi90 @ Mar 04 2015, 08:26 AM)Why hasn't the site been fixed to update the new animes coming out ?

This is like the only website that updates anime with images from an episode which I find very useful if I would like to watch it or not

Why is this site still not functioning? =(
How will I survive without anime? I don't know where to go except for this place. You really need to repair this place as soon as possible!

QUOTE (Silendris @ Mar 20 2015, 03:10 PM)Why is this site still not functioning? =(
How will I survive without anime? I don't know where to go except for this place. You really need to repair this place as soon as possible!You do know there are a ton of other sites with hd quality to watch anime on? Granted non of them has something like episode pictures or so, but you can atleast watch all shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back