Nurarihyon no Mago

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

ghost-kun

-san
Kouhai
I feel like this spring season came to an end a little to quickly but with that also comes one of my all time favorite mangas making it's anime debut. It's not that it's super original or anything like that it just has all those pieces that make the story great and easy to read.

I'm with this one begining to end no matter what.

Yarg!! This be the plot as given by animenewsnetwork-

Rikuo Nura, is 3 parts human and a quarter Demon, lives in a house of spirits with his grandfather, The current clan head of the Nura youkai. Rikou is set to be the next clan head, despit the fact he dilikes his demon side. He soon come to terms with his demon blood and decides to take his position as young master of the Nura house. However there are those who will certainly not allow it to be easy.

Expect it out in one week or one the 5th of July for those who are you know different.(timezone wise).

My only question is if anyone has info on who might be picking up the subbing of this or is it gonna be like a straight to chrunchyroll thing.

nurarhiyon.png

This one has an interesting premise although an old and overused one, but it has me interested, regardless. Let's hope the anime holds up and is not infested with run-of-the-mill regurgitated themes, a'la Inuyasha...otherwise, I will be bored beyond tears.
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
He's pretty to look at but then again, so are most half demon/half human bishounen.
tongue.gif

Sigh... I don't want to badmouth this one, but the manga was simply too shounen for me. I mean, it used every possible shounen cliche I could think of. Yet, unlike Naruto and Bleach, it has not fallen on it's face so far... even if it is extremely predictable to a point where I found it boring (so I stopped reading it). Idk, I prefer more mature action types/plots lately; rather than this stuff.

Well after hearing about it being animated I went and rushed through the manga (started 0 long time ago but didn't ever finish it), and I err.. liked it)

Though I agree half-demon stuff is overused, can't really say its Inuyasha like:p its less on the jokes side (except for one comic-relief character) and more on plot-progress, at least thats how it goes in the manga. But like AnimeWiz said, it is mostly predictable. I enjoyed it never-less.

Of course the anime will have its set of fillers
dry.gif
unless its 26 episodes long and the manga plans to finish soon...

Imho though it would be best if they waited a year or so before animating it. Why? well I don't feel like there is not enough of the manga out to make a decent anime out of it yet without shrinking and changing the plot or loading it with fillers..

ohh yeah that reminds me that ANN said it was 24 episodes. SO it seems that it will end abruptly after some random ark probably the same way Asu no Yoichi did.
sad.gif

ohh yeah and it's quarter demon not half... can't remain cool all the time.

QUOTE (ghost-kun @ Jun 28 2010, 11:01 PM)ohh yeah that reminds me that ANN said it was 24 episodes. SO it seems that it will end abruptly after some random ark probably the same way Asu no Yoichi did.
sad.gif

:|

QUOTE (ghost-kun @ Jun 28 2010, 11:01 PM)
ohh yeah and it's quarter demon not half... can't remain cool all the time.

Even if its quarter-demon, it doesn't make much of a difference in the end, he still has his human form and his demon form and lives between them which is common among all half-demon characters
smile.gif
Infact, i'll bet that he is more in his demon form than even our half-demon Inuyasha
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Nioki @ Jun 28 2010, 01:19 PM) :|

Even if its quarter-demon, it doesn't make much of a difference in the end, he still has his human form and his demon form and lives between them which is common among all half-demon characters 
smile.gif
   Infact, i'll bet that he is more in his demon form than even our half-demon Inuyasha
biggrin.gif

^ And thus, we may not be spared afterall...but still, will be fun to check it out.
rolleyes.gif
Now, since you talked about the manga...I went to check it out, 120 chapters, so far. I may dabble a bit, and read some, to see if it truly does merit my anime attention. All remains to be seen...
wink.gif

BTW...he does look like a 1/4 demon/bishounen...interesting, indeed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AowYgV2W9Hg&feature=related

Good news everybody. . .

I found who will be subbing this(or at least one of the groups), turns out Desu decided to pick it up. Huzah!!

Just watched episode one. I liked it. This one too, is not about to take itself serious...I mean, gee, one of the Head Youkai actually, said, "We live in difficult times." I laughed, since that line was so obvious and well, true.
wink.gif
Now, kawaii, Rikuo-kun, is rambunctious and full of fun. He directs the demons who serve under him, with a lite touch and they seem loyal to him. Watching some of the goings on and the way the characters are depicted, well, they reminded me of many past animes that had a similar look and feel...colorful and amusing. The cast, during the closing credits/song as singing Chibis, was cute.
tongue.gif

Nothing outstanding, nothing awesome...just sheer fun and delight. Will be fun to watch a few Yokai Bishies battle it out for the Yokai throne.
tongue.gif

This will be my Summertime, guilty pleasure.
wink.gif

generic mainstream shounen trash show....

Pass.

I feel sad to have been fooled by promising and pretty promo pictures.

I guess thats on to me then, so next time Ill be sure to check out trailers before watching the episode, so I do not get burned like i did just now.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jul 06 2010, 06:39 AM) generic mainstream shounen trash show....
Pass.
I feel sad to have been fooled by promising and pretty promo pictures.
I guess thats on to me then, so next time Ill be sure to check out trailers before watching the episode, so I do not get burned like i did just now.

Yes! And I adored it! It's everything you say it is..."generic mainstream shounen trash show" I was delighted to find all the necessary components; the typical stereotypes, platitudes, lame dialog...especially, the clichéd ones...so predictable!
rolleyes.gif
I will take complete and utter pleasure, in watching every single episode of this what looks like to be the most silly and trashiest Shounen anime series this summer!
tongue.gif

More Rikuo-kun and Yokai company, please!

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jul 06 2010, 09:40 AM)
Yes! And I adored it! It's everything you say it is...a generic, mainstream shounen trash show... I was delighted to find all the necessary components; the typical stereotypes, platitudes, lame dialog...especially, the clichéd ones...so predictable! :rolleyes: I will take complete and utter pleasure, in watching every single episode of this what looks like to be the most silly and trashiest anime series this summer! :p
More Rikuo-kun and Yokai company, please!
LOL! Okay, I don't expect greatness from this but I'm giving in to this trash, much fun. :D

QUOTE (Emi-chan @ Jul 06 2010, 08:20 AM) LOL! Okay, I don't expect greatness from this but I'm giving in to this trash, much fun.
biggrin.gif

Good for you! Well, we will have ourselves some summer fun with it all. The main character reminded me of Daisuke from DNAngel. His personality and looks, resembled that of Rikuo. The cutie-pie with the "lack of neck" was fun, too...yep! Let's give in together, Emi-chan!
tongue.gif

Nothing special, original, or great about this one. It feels like a shounen Natusme Yuujicho or xxxHolic, more the latter mostly because Fukuyama Jun is voicing the lead. Not much to say on it at this point other than that it could end up either being fun or boring, but I think it would be unfair to judge that until we see more of Rikuo's Youkai alter-ego.

Dunno, I think having a good shounen show is a must in a season. Sure they are fairly juvenile and predictive, but they get your spirits up and guarantee a positive start for your day (if you watched it in the morning, it wasn't a filler, and it did have a major cliffhanger at end of episode).

Non-eternal shounen-anime are a must in this world. (So i'm positive about having Nurarihyon this season).

And I want more animated Yuki-onna!
ph34r.gif

It was nice to watch, even though at first it sounded a bit like pokemon. You know Rikuo having a lot of Youkai behind him and his Nightself even wanting more.

Sure its generic and everything, but for me thats not a problem since everything was already there and is generic. And a lot of the non-generic things are bad, just think about crappy Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei *shudders*

I hope we get to see a lot of good fights and not only his "Dont want"-attitude.

Only bad thing is that the mainguy and the maingirl are twelve -.- Why cant they be at least 16 or something.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jul 06 2010, 09:30 PM)Only bad thing is that the mainguy and the maingirl are twelve -.- Why cant they be at least 16 or something.
Don't know bout the anime, but probably will be the same, but in the manga She hardly gets any page time xD yuki-onna and the onmyouji girl on the other hand get tons. All hail Yuki-onna
tongue.gif

And the fights, the fights are pretty okay.
rolleyes.gif
Quite a number of them by the way... just hope they animate them nicely.

This one was about to go under my raidar here, but as luck would have it I watch the first episode. From what it looks like it seems to have a very interesting take on youkai here. I think it's because I've played to much Touhou that I would actually like this series right off the bat though.
tongue.gif

Anyways for some reason I want to say that our main boy looks something like Negi-kun from Negima for some odd reason. I'm getting this feeling that this may start as a harem-like series and go full blown fighting of course.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 06 2010, 02:33 PM)This one was about to go under my raidar here, but as luck would have it I watch the first episode. From what it looks like it seems to have a very interesting take on youkai here. I think it's because I've played to much Touhou that I would actually like this series right off the bat though.
tongue.gif

I'm getting this feeling that this may start as a harem-like series and go full blown fighting of course.
tongue.gif

You know, Wolfie-san, a harem series "a'la Youkai," would not be bad especially, since I have yet to see one animated. That would make this series a lot more fun, indeed. I think we have a few girls and/or demon girls, too, vying for our boy's attention. Did you see the look on the little Youkai-hime, when he went into his house with Kana-chan, at his side? She was none too happy....looking forward to see what that look will bring out in her.
wink.gif

Well I'm all for our lovely snow wielding youkai here. I mean she's rather cute youkai or not mind you.
tongue.gif

Anyways it's kind of hard to see how he only has 1/4th youkai since I'm always used to the whole 1/2 youkai bit that has been overplayed in cetain animes. *coughInuyashyacough*
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back