Nodame cantabile

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Orina @ May 17 2008, 08:43 AM) Well, given that I'm a big fan of Nodame, I have to have some input here! lol.

I started off with manga actually, and was delighted when I heard about the J-dorama (was it just me or Son Rui looked very south-east-asian or "minor ethnic group" rather than oriental han chinese? I refer to the Europe special episodes)

Chiaki was in short a perfectionist. So much so that he expects everything to be no less than perfect ~ he pushed himself to the limits all the time, and he expected everyone to be like him (which is a little too much eh?)

Nodame was pretty much a polar opposite. It didn't matter to her things are not perfect, orderly or whatsoever. Her sloppiness VS his anal-retentive behavior. ^o^ But somehow along the way we see Chiaki relaxing a little, and Nodame actually putting in serious effort to catch up.

I have the manga up till vol 20.
smile.gif
For some reason I cannot find the sales of the anime series around. DAMN! I'd previously found some downloads but only managed to obtain ep 1&2. EVILNESS!!!

Although Saiko came off as a bit of a materialistic b***h in the beginning, one cannot help but pity her later on. I guess she really regretted breaking up with Chiaki, it was more like said in a spur of anger. She had high expectations of him, and she was too proud to recognised that her boyfriend was going through such a crappy phase. It was evident that she was too proud for her own good, and hence she was unable to "breakthru" that singing barrier.

She just wanted to sound perfect, good, and refused to show or acknowledge the uglier side of her. Same goes, she was good at snubbing and reprimanding Chiaki, instead of consoling and standing by his side. Something that Nodame was capable of, but not Saiko. I guess in her own way she really liked Chiaki but she doesnt stand much of a chance anymore with Nodame in the way. LOL.

Another thing is, I always wonder how Chiaki ever got to be with Saiko? I cannot remember if its somewhere in the manga that shown him to have been impressed with Saiko's voice back in highschool or something. I'd always suspect Saiko might have been the more initiative person, given that Chiaki has placed music above everything else. Perhaps he just think shes talented, enjoyed her company well enough. Chiaki is quite asocial in a way, and unlikely to really go after girls. Just my impression. So when she dropped him, he'd just accepted it. Initially a little grudgingly because she dated someone Chiaki considered his inferior, and also a "rival" in a sense, but noticed that Chiaki got over it really soon.

He was not that preoccupied with "losing his gf" all that much, and was more preoccupied with Nodame?! It really goes to show that, he might not have liked her all that much, and might just be dating her as a "matter of convenience".
WELL,HI YA!
biggrin.gif
IM MATSUDA'S GIRLFRIEND!HAHAHA
laugh.gif
WHY DONT YOU TRY TO BUY AT COMIC ALLEY! I BOUGHT AN ORIGINAL COPY NODAME CANTABILE THERE!
smile.gif
SOOOOO,WHEN DID YOU START COLLECTING NODAME CANTABILE MANGAS? I STARTED LAST 2008,BY NOW I'VE REACHED 144,TOMOKO NINOMIYA STOPED THERE MAYBE BECAUSE OF ILLNES,SHE JUST RELEASED NODAME CANTABILE 144 THIS AUGUST,I REALLY GET UPDATED,IF YOU WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO BUY THE NEW VOLUME RELEASED ONLINE,YOU'RE GONNA GO THROUGH WAR!HAHAHA
laugh.gif
I MEAN, IT CAUSED ME 5,000 PESOS TO BE THE FIRST TO BUY EACH VOLUME RELEASED EVERY MONTH! GOOD THING MY FAMILY'S FILTY RICH
dry.gif
ANYWAY,CONTINUE COLLECTING MANGAS
wink.gif
ITS WORTH THE EFFORT!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MATSUDA'S GIRLFRIEND @ Aug 22 2009, 04:12 AM) WELL,HI YA!
biggrin.gif
IM MATSUDA'S GIRLFRIEND!HAHAHA
laugh.gif
WHY DONT YOU TRY TO BUY AT COMIC ALLEY! I BOUGHT AN ORIGINAL COPY NODAME CANTABILE THERE!
smile.gif
SOOOOO,WHEN DID YOU START COLLECTING NODAME CANTABILE MANGAS? I STARTED LAST 2008,BY NOW I'VE REACHED 144,TOMOKO NINOMIYA STOPED THERE MAYBE BECAUSE OF ILLNES,SHE JUST RELEASED NODAME CANTABILE 144 THIS AUGUST,I REALLY GET UPDATED,IF YOU WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO BUY THE NEW VOLUME RELEASED ONLINE,YOU'RE GONNA GO THROUGH WAR!HAHAHA
laugh.gif
I MEAN, IT CAUSED ME 5,000 PESOS TO BE THE FIRST TO BUY EACH VOLUME RELEASED EVERY MONTH! GOOD THING MY FAMILY'S FILTY RICH
dry.gif
ANYWAY,CONTINUE COLLECTING MANGAS
wink.gif
ITS WORTH THE EFFORT!
biggrin.gif

I didn't realise this was the capslockmanga section. I'm sure people don't mind the odd manga reference, but entire posts in capslock, on multiple threads, about everything BUT the anime, is a bit overboard, and to have done it for the past 5 posts, all posted within 30 minutes of each other I think spam is an understatement.

The Nodame Cantabile OVA has aired I believe but no-body seems to want to sub it which is a shame

I wont even pretend to be half as good as JCD or Kit etc. . at making these posts as they do an amazing job. I thought I should make one for "Nodame Cantabile: Finale"
as I wasn't able to find one already made, just the previous ones, but I thought this deserves its own topic

As the name sugests this looks to be the final installment of the Nodame Cantabile series.

37314.jpg
<- - - - - YAY!!

You all know what it's about! Nodame and Chiaki lovelove!

The first episode aired yesterday and I'm not entirely sure who will be subbing it.
I have great hopes for this finale after an outstanding previous 2 seasons!

Its the final installment and I know that there is a thread for this already but it wasn't made by me or Kit.....thanx for the compliment.
biggrin.gif
I think this should be merged with the thread titled "Nodame Cantabile 3rd Season", as this version is much more informative than the previous one.....so that everyone is happy....or we could secretly pretend that other thread was never made.
tongue.gif
ph34r.gif

finally again Chiaki and Nodame
biggrin.gif
I do hope that this season is going to be the grand finale that i hope for.
There is a group that subbed the first episode: Clover.

I rather liked the first episode. I wish there is a bit more music in the coming episodes though. I was just getting into that Tchaikovsky piece right when they cut to the next scene.

I liked how we got a little bit more insight into Chiaki's childhood and his relationship with his dad.

Well, the tendency seems to have been increasingly less music and more content, understandable given how much they have to cover. I know that Tschaikovsky piece by heart though, so I didn't feel too disappointed, heard it too many times anyway.
laugh.gif

Still, nice to see my fav. soap opera back with another season. Too bad the OPED isn't quite as "inventive" as the Paris Chapter's.

Also, Frostii is back with subs too, so I'd get that instead.

ALSO: Mod note: merged and MERGED!

Yeah just got round to watching ep1, not alot happened really, but still enjoyable. Rui is clearly infatuated by Chiaki after watching his performance of Bach on the piano, she even dumped her boyfriend after it haha.
Episode 2 looks like the romanceswitch is about to be turned on which is never a bad thing!

QUOTE (smittles @ Jan 17 2010, 07:39 AM)Yeah just got round to watching ep1, not alot happened really, but still enjoyable. Rui is clearly infatuated by Chiaki after watching his performance of Bach on the piano, she even dumped her boyfriend after it haha.
Episode 2 looks like the romanceswitch is about to be turned on which is never a bad thing!

It wasn't a lot but it does give the feeling that something is going not exactly like Nodame and Chiaki had planned.
Just like it could be expected both seem to have trouble with combining their ambition and their relationship (with Rui as a potential rival for Nodame). I hope that they make this into one excellent story.
About the episode: Yui Long on a date with Chiaki (and the remark from Nodame that he does this all the time) very funny
laugh.gif

It really felt good to see Chiaki and Nodame again. So i can't wait for the next episode
smile.gif

After all this time i decided to watch the first season of Nodame again.
This series still feels as strong as ever. Nodame's antics and Chiaki's seriousness just make a good combination from the start. They both change during the series in small but important ways. The influence of Stresemans actions on them make it all lively and logical. I still wonder if it is just coincidence or a setup plan made by him. Even after rewatching i can't shake the feeling he did make the s-orchestra and all just to get Chiaki. The music feels good and fitting. The only weak point is the animation..too bad really..

Let's say this series is as strong as ever and i'm going for a 9.5 out of 10. Maybe i'll watch the live series next
smile.gif

I tried watching the popular Korean (I think) tv series... just not the same, Streseman is a Korean with a blond wig on... funny, but even comedy needs some basis in reality, and with the anime, you can do just do it 'right', otherwise, they should have done a rewrite of the script/manga on that character. The production didn't have the money for doing it 'right' IMO. It's OK overall, but nothing like the anime. The Chiaki guy just doesn't have that attitude and look you expect after watching the anime. Perhaps if you watched this live action series first, which was very popular I heard, then it wouldn't have been a problem? Never seen the manga, so can't compare, but like British tv until the 90s, money was never seen in most productions... in comparison to today and most US tv series which enjoyed a much larger ad market as a selling point to obtain funding, as well as overseas markets... all of which I'm still surprised the Japanese haven't taken better advantage of. The market in the US is nearly non-existent outside of the Naruto type vehicles.

And this Nodame series is one of the very best IMO from many standpoints, but mostly from the story itself which is always the determining factor. It has a very good storyline that would work in any medium, something you can't say for most stories out there in any medium... though that hasn't stopped the industry from selling the product in classic 'Game Theory' form.

It was interesting to watch that Korean series of Nodame to see the difference... how some things work in anime and don't in live action.

I had no idea there was a Korean live action version of this. I really liked the Japanese one though, I think the actors did a great job in capturing the characters.

QUOTE (gdpetti)It was interesting to watch that Korean series of Nodame to see the difference... how some things work in anime and don't in live action.
Do you mean the "special effects?" lol

My mistake... that's why I used the (I think)... it was Japanese according to Wikipedia that aired a few years before the anime aired. It played very well commercially and with awards... I just gave my opinion of it after watching the anime first... never saw the manga, so can't compare, but out of all the animes that use Western looking characters, this one perhaps has a good reason, and the anime could do that justice, whereas the live action series just could fake it with all an all Asian cast... as I mentioned with the German conductor... yes it's a comedy, but
wink.gif
dry.gif
unsure.gif

The slapstick stuff in the anime works, but in the live action it didn't IMO.... better direction and a bigger production budget would be needed to do so, which they didn't have... apparently. But hey, it was a big success, so obviously it was just me, and I am not used to seeing such slapstick done on tv... films have a better budget to do so like with Jim Carey films.

Sorry for the wrong lead and getting your hopes up.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back