Nodame cantabile

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (biankita @ Jan 11 2008, 12:02 PM) the j-drama version are releasing specials to cover Nodame and Chiaki's exploits in Europe. It still follows the manga - I think.
hmmm.... and i hope that the creators of the anime would follow-the-lead.......
ohmy.gif
since this ended nicely... (in terms of situation and because it follows the manga) i think there wouldn't be a problem in the story's continuity (that is if they decided to go on for a second season....
smile.gif
)

In the manga there are still lots of LOL moments and I really really really would like that to SEE and HEAR it in animation.....
unsure.gif

biggrin.gif
This is great!! A show like this dosnt come around to often. I was hopeing for a movie, but a few specials may be even better. An anime like this one really benafits from a good epilogue.

YIPEEEE!!!!
biggrin.gif
i can't believe i'll get to see more of my nodame... ..... haaayyyy.. i thought i'll just have to stick with the manga.... oh well.... really missed nodame's antics.... can't wait to get my hands on this one.......

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 10 2008, 01:17 PM) OVA or new season?
CODE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-10/nodame-cantabile-paris-chapter-anime-sequel-announced
OMFG....never ever got round to finishing off this series but I remember loving it.
biggrin.gif

It is a TV series sequel....as it says on that ANN post, that the new anime series will be taking Nodame Cantabile's old slot.
wink.gif

Wow, I'm very excited about this. I've only seen the anime and bits of the live action drama, but this is one of my fave shows, and I'm thrilled to see it'll be continuing in the fall
smile.gif

I hope that there will be some developments in the romance department between Nodame and Chiaki
biggrin.gif

Finally a second season
biggrin.gif
. I hope it will be as good as the first season
smile.gif
. Did ayone here also watch the christmas specials (live action)? i hope they somehow connect that those with the second season (like integrate and continue the story where those two specials ended).

Unexpected, I really enjoyed Nodame and I had more reason since I played an instrument. A second season of them going abroad? This'll be a riot if it retains the same director/producers.
biggrin.gif

AMazing....I was hoping against hope that a new season might be made.
And it IS....LUCKY!!!!!
I saw the Live Action fully whichever was released here.
So, I think I already know what's gonna happen in the initial episodes of the anime.
And I'm super-glad that they're getting it this fall.
Usually, when they announce a new series, it gets aired only after a year or something. This is quite unexpectedly soon.
This year is like the sequels year with all amazing sequels.
It's be perfect for me if they air the second season of bamboo blade too.
Or at least announce it....

Great news. Loved the anime, and I'm still loving the manga right now. It was a hilarious series. I hope season 2 lives up to the first one.

This is incredible news!!! I'm actually hoping that this is going to be a new season since everything after Volume 10 (there are 19 volumes now give or take) generally took place in Paris and the j-drama only covered about 3 volumes. But I guess I'll be an OVA but would really prefer a new season.
laugh.gif
This is soooooooo great.

woooohoooooo!!!!!!! can't wait to see my nodame do what she does best and that is to make me laugh..... i've read most part of the manga, and i'm sure it will be a one hell of a funny series.....
wink.gif

Well, given that I'm a big fan of Nodame, I have to have some input here! lol.

I started off with manga actually, and was delighted when I heard about the J-dorama (was it just me or Son Rui looked very south-east-asian or "minor ethnic group" rather than oriental han chinese? I refer to the Europe special episodes)

Chiaki was in short a perfectionist. So much so that he expects everything to be no less than perfect ~ he pushed himself to the limits all the time, and he expected everyone to be like him (which is a little too much eh?)

Nodame was pretty much a polar opposite. It didn't matter to her things are not perfect, orderly or whatsoever. Her sloppiness VS his anal-retentive behavior. ^o^ But somehow along the way we see Chiaki relaxing a little, and Nodame actually putting in serious effort to catch up.

I have the manga up till vol 20.
smile.gif
For some reason I cannot find the sales of the anime series around. DAMN! I'd previously found some downloads but only managed to obtain ep 1&2. EVILNESS!!!

Although Saiko came off as a bit of a materialistic b***h in the beginning, one cannot help but pity her later on. I guess she really regretted breaking up with Chiaki, it was more like said in a spur of anger. She had high expectations of him, and she was too proud to recognised that her boyfriend was going through such a crappy phase. It was evident that she was too proud for her own good, and hence she was unable to "breakthru" that singing barrier.

She just wanted to sound perfect, good, and refused to show or acknowledge the uglier side of her. Same goes, she was good at snubbing and reprimanding Chiaki, instead of consoling and standing by his side. Something that Nodame was capable of, but not Saiko. I guess in her own way she really liked Chiaki but she doesnt stand much of a chance anymore with Nodame in the way. LOL.

Another thing is, I always wonder how Chiaki ever got to be with Saiko? I cannot remember if its somewhere in the manga that shown him to have been impressed with Saiko's voice back in highschool or something. I'd always suspect Saiko might have been the more initiative person, given that Chiaki has placed music above everything else. Perhaps he just think shes talented, enjoyed her company well enough. Chiaki is quite asocial in a way, and unlikely to really go after girls. Just my impression. So when she dropped him, he'd just accepted it. Initially a little grudgingly because she dated someone Chiaki considered his inferior, and also a "rival" in a sense, but noticed that Chiaki got over it really soon.

He was not that preoccupied with "losing his gf" all that much, and was more preoccupied with Nodame?! It really goes to show that, he might not have liked her all that much, and might just be dating her as a "matter of convenience".

one of my favourites for sure; i wish there was more (eg. what happens in europe). i play piano so i usually really like these kinds of anime.

Second season is finally in sight
biggrin.gif
. It would be great if they can make it into one big season of about 24 episodes
laugh.gif
. I wonder if it will follow the live drama christmas specials? I really enjoyed those two specials but somehow it was way too short.

I'VE NEVER SEEN NODAME CANTABILE2 BUT I HAVE READ IT!
biggrin.gif
SO FAR MY COLLECTION PF NODAME CANTABILE MANGAS END AT VOLUME 144 AND STILL GOING,IM JUST WAITING FOR TOMOKO NINOMIYA TO CONTINUE AND END NODAME CANTABILE CAUS ITS STILL NOT FINISHED
sad.gif
ANYWAY,I ONLY STARTED COLLECTING NODAME CANTABILE MANGAS LAST 2008 BUT ITS ALLREADY REACHED 144 IN ALL
laugh.gif
I ALLSO HAVE A COMPLET COLLECTON OF FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST,CARDCAPTOR SAKURA,LA CORDA DORO,ALICE ACADEMY,GHOST HUNT,GOD SAVE OUR KING AND HANA YORI DANGO,YUP,ITS ALL RIGHT HERE!
laugh.gif
I REALLY LIKE NODAME CANTABILE,IT GAVE MA MORE REASON TO PLAY THA PIANO AND VIOLIN MORE
smile.gif
AND PLUS,IREALLY LIKE YASUNORI KUROKI
wink.gif
HE'S REALLY CUTE,I ALLSO LIKE MATSUDA AND JEAN DONEDEU,YOU'LL ALL MEET THEME AT NODAME CANTABILE2,THE'RE NEW CHARACTERS!
biggrin.gif
YOU ALL SHOULD WATCH NODAME CANTABILE2
tongue.gif
ITS WORTH LIVING,AND DYING FOR
biggrin.gif

OH,YEAH ORINA CHI THE 5 TO THE LAST YOU SHOULD TRY BUYING AT COMIC ALLEY!
smile.gif
I BOUGHT AN ORIGINAL DVD OF NODAME CANTABILE THERE
laugh.gif
WELL YOU ARE RIGHT!CHIAKI'S EX REALLY IS A B*TCH,OH,AND TRY WORKING ON YOUR MANGA COLLECTION!
biggrin.gif
ITS WORTH ALL YOUR EFFORTS
wink.gif

QUOTE (box100 @ Jun 19 2008, 07:07 PM) one of my favourites for sure; i wish there was more (eg. what happens in europe). i play piano so i usually really like these kinds of anime.
REALLY!
ohmy.gif
YOU PLAY THE PIANO! WELL I DO TOO
biggrin.gif
HAVE YOU ENTERED ANY COMPETITIONS LATELY?WELL TO TELL YOU THIS I ALSO PLAY THE VIOLIN!
smile.gif
THATS WHY I LIKE NODAME CANTABILE!
laugh.gif
HAVE YOU GONE ABROAD TO ENTER ANY COMPETITIONS?WELL I HAVE! MY GRANFATHER IS A MUSICOLOGIST AND HE'S ALSO THE CONDUTOR OF THE VIENNA PHILHARMONIC,SO HE STARTED TEACHING ME MUSIC WHEN I WAS ONLY 2
smile.gif
IM REALLY NOT USED TO NOTES SO I LEARN BY LISTENING AND WATCHING,NODAME AND I ARE MUCH ALIKE ARENT WE! HAHAHA!
laugh.gif
WELL TRY TO QUOTE ME!IM MATSUDA'S GIRLFRIEND
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back