Nobunaga the Fool

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: NOBUNAGA THE FOOL
Japanese: ノブナガ・ザ・フール
Airing date: 5/1/2014 (TV series 24 episodes)
Genres: Action, Mecha, Science-Fiction
Director: Hidekazu Sato
Original creator, mechanical designer and written by: Shoji Kawamori
Music by: Masaru Yokoyama
Original character designer: Yone Kazuki
Character designer: Hiroki Marufuji
Animation directors: Hiroki Marufuji, Takako Shimizu and Yōsuke Kabashima
Main scenario writters: Shigeru Morita, Toko Machida and Jun Kumagai
CG producer: Tomisaburou Hashimoto
CG director: Takeshi Harada
Ikusayoroi designers: Shoji Kawamori, Brunet Stanislas and Yukio Ikeda
Mecha designer: Hiroyuki Taiga
The Fool main modeling by: Yukio Ikeda
Monitor graphics and original crest designer: Hiroko Ishikawa
Concept designers: Thomas Romain, Brunet Stanislas and Nyem Vincent
Prop designer: Hiyori Denforword Akishino
Color design by: Nanae Shinaji
Art supervision and set by: Hiroshi Kato (Tontonyan)
Art director: Hirotsugu Kakoi (Tontonyan)
Photography directors: Atsushi Iwasaki and Tsuyoshi Shimura (T2 Studio)
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
Editor: Ryoko Kaneshige
Literary setting by: Hiroyuki Kawai
Title text and inscription: Ken Shin
Produced by: Lantis, Media Factory and Nobunaga the Fool Production Committee
Studio: Satelight
Opening theme: "FOOL THE WORLD" by Minori Chihara
2nd OP theme: "Breakthrough" by JAM Project
Ending theme: "AXIS" by STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION
2nd ED theme: "Ran (蘭)" by ASUKA

Main cast: Nobunaga Oda (オダ・ノブナガ) voiced by Mamoru Miyano
Jeanne Kaguya d'Arc (ジャンヌ・カグヤ・ダルク) voiced by Yōko Hikasa
Mitsuhide Akechi (アケチ・ミツヒデ) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
Hideyoshi Toyotomi (トヨトミ・ヒデヨシ) voiced by Yūki Kaji
Leonardo da Vinci (レオナルド・ダ・ヴィンチ) voiced by Tomokazu Sugita
Supporting cast: Ichihime (イチヒメ) voiced by Minori Chihara
Himiko (ヒミコ) voiced by Nao Tōyama
Nobukatsu Oda (オダ・ノブカツ) voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki
Kenshin Uesugi (ウエスギ・ケンシン) voiced by Hiroki Nanami
Shingen Takeda (タケダ・シンゲン) voiced by Rikiya Koyama

Nobuhide Oda (オダ・ノブヒデ) voiced by Hiroshi Yanaka
Chacha (チャチャ) voiced by Karin Nanami
Hatsu (ハツ) voiced by Yui Umemura
Gou (ゴウ) voiced by Saki Takahashi
Asahi (アサヒ)
Kagome (カゴメ)
TV series PV: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/nobunaga/story/index.html#pv
TV series trailer: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/nobunaga/trailer/
Official website: http://www.nobunaga.tv/

Synopsis: The Western Planet and the Eastern Planet. Once upon a time, the two sides were bound by the "Dragon Pulse" spanning the heavens. The civilization that once had prospered has now turned to a tale of dreams, as the inextinguishable flames of war tear the realm asunder. The two planets remain engulfed in endless battles. The return of the super technology known as "sacred treasures" could revolutionize the world order, but no one knows of them but one person—a "heretical girl." A girl from the Western Planet, Jeanne Kaguya d'Arc, saw heavenly visions of the birth of a "Star Messiah" who will save the world. She embarks on a journey to the Eastern Planet with Leonardo da Vinci, "the one who observes the world." They come across the heretic of the Eastern Planet and "the greatest fool of the day," Oda Nobunaga.

Necropinion: lately I'm fed up of many mecha series like Buddy Complex pre aired days ago, specially genderbenders named Nobunaga such as 'Nobuna-Gun' aired today but by ep.1 NTF may be an exception ;/ Ex: medium - PS 7/10

QUOTE (Norren @ Jan 12 2014, 11:59 PM)Nobunaga the fool (I get a wierd samurai 7 meets code geass meets nobunaga's ambition vibe off this.actually the series caught my attention because it reminds me too Escaflowne a little like, the heroine guided by visions/voices to another planet full of fantastic stuff based on many warfare cultures... or the main guy controlling an armored mecha masterpiece that wield a giant sword replica but, what got my curiousity is its original play with live actors and animations so I suggest you to try ep.2
smile.gif

Okay after watching the first episode I kind of feel like I just got suckered into watching this series all the way through. The only reason why I'm watching it is becuase the premise seems to be rather interesting in a sense, and not only that but Jeane d'Arc need I say more.
tongue.gif

Personally I'm kind of warry when it comes to Sengoku Period type anime series, since it's mostly similar by following Nobunaga of course, but always a different take on it somehow. The obvious ones are genderswaping, alternate universe, time traveling back to said point, etc.
rolleyes.gif

In any case going to give this one a shot anyways since yes I did watch and enjoy the Escaflowne series too, so it has that feel to it as well you know.... minus the catgirls of course, but I'll manage somehow.
tongue.gif

yup so far there aren't any demihumans seen in both planets except maybe the twins with 'elf ears', they're the ones that look closer to their kind accompaning Caesar and Magellan to the East star... dunno about that loli queen who tricked Nobunaga to become his waifu and beat Shingen's mecha in ep.3, it'll be a cool fight and Jeanne's seiyuu didn't need to talk like a man to fool everybody else
wink.gif

So with episode 3 it seems everyone thinks of Ranmaru er I mean Jeane as a guy no problems here. Most likely becuase I'm sure there were efeminite males in that time period anyways.

In any case to think that Himko managed to outright trick Nobunaga into marrying her like that. Although that did help him in a sense though, but I get the feeling that the loli priestess knows more then she is letting on though. So I guess this is truning out to be a rather interesting Sengoku Mech series afterall.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 20 2014, 04:31 AM)So with episode 3 it seems everyone thinks of Ranmaru er I mean Jeane as a guy no problems here. Most likely becuase I'm sure there were efeminite males in that time period
tongue.gif
good point ;/ this series has many bishounens so as long as ''Ranmaru'' doesn't outstand smexy, nobody else will tell or at least a few suspects like Himiko who looked through her disguise already -.-... Jeanne couldn't hide her jealousy and cultural difference with that loli during her betrothal ceremony, maybe Ichihime has feelings for him so Nobunaga's harem starts (the wedding cake is a lie!)
laugh.gif

err forget about my harem prediction :/ I didn't expect the death of many main characters that soon, still Nobunaga's loliwaifu deserves to survive because she protected him nobly by risking her life... so after all the tragedies in ep'6 i think Jeanne will decide to stay and trust in da Vinci's predictions, about them maybe this series will be like 22 episodes long coinciding with the total of tarot cards
tongue.gif

Well they are being somewhat historically accurate here which is a slight surprise here. Nobukatsu pretty much would of united the clan, but at the same time would of had no hope of surviving the Sengoku period here. As for Himiko sacrificing her life to save Nobunaga like that only means that Jeane... er I mean Ranmaru now has a chance with him now by a viewer standpoint.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 11 2014, 09:37 AM)Nobukatsu pretty much would of united the clan, but at the same time would of had no hope of surviving the Sengoku period here. As for Himiko sacrificing her life to save Nobunaga like that only means that Jeane... er I mean Ranmaru now has a chanceok they're teasing us with that cliffhanger :/ i don't think fansubbers are fooling around (pun intended), but I can't find episode 7 subbed or raw of this one and Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta (raw only)... which is funny because I checked ep.7 raw of Koiuta and it's not a recap but in the case of Nobunaga, only means that they took a break because it'll last less than 26 eps (a few sites say it'll be 24)
smile.gif

so 'it was inevitable' i guess ;/ the hiatus just made me look forward to see this aftermath after many deaths, betrayals and now accusations to stir up conflicts between clans specially if they're foes... the most despicable one is Caesar who framed Nobunaga for killing Shingen 'cowardly' -.- at least his loli waifu is alive, telling by next week a couple of episodes will be not titled with tarot cards
huh.gif

I just started watching this today because Necro told me that I should check it out and I'm glad I did, I've heard of it but wasn't sure if I should watch it.

I just finished episode 6 and damn.....2 deaths in one episode but I just looked at the above post, so it's probably only one death.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 06 2014, 11:16 AM)I just started watching this today because Necro told me that I should check it out and I'm glad I did, I've heard of it but wasn't sure if I should watch it.

I just finished episode 6 and damn.....2 deaths in one episode but I just looked at the above post, so it's probably only one death. 3 if we count Nobuhide and Shingen -.- about ep.13, the battle against Arthur's Knights of the Round Table will start... though Nobunaga needs Kenshin's Earth regalia to stand a chance, I'm looking forward to see this 2nd cour (new OP too)
"Breakthrough" by JAM Project

Gaius Julius Caesar (ガイウス・ユリウス・カエサル) voiced by Yuichi Nakamura
King Arthur (アーサー王) voiced by Keisuke Oda
Alexander (アレクサンダー) voiced by Kazuya Nakai
Magellan (マゼラン) voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Marcus Junius Brutus (マルクス・ユニウス・ブルータス) voiced by Hiro Shimono
Hannibal Barca (ハンニバル・バルカ) voiced by Sayaka Ohara
Charlemagne (シャルルマーニュ) voiced by Kaito Ishikawa
Cesare Borgia (チェーザレ・ボルジア) voiced by Takayuki Kondou
Niccolò Machiavelli (ニッコロ・マキャベリ) voiced by Aya Endou
Chandragupta (チャンドラグプタ) voiced by Takahiro Fujiwara
Nell (ネル) & Bianchi (ビアンキ) voiced by Ibuki Kido and Haruka Ishida

This Anime I Highly recommend for people of 16+ and who are known with the history of both western and eastern culture.
The genres are like... Everything!

Spoiler warning about the Anime content so far (Do not click show if you don't want to know)

Everything in this anime, I really enjoy, but Biggest reason behind it is because it has a collection of a lot of Important people from all different types of history era's.
France 15th century, Sengoku period, Italy, yayoi period and above all the characters from the Round table such as Gaius Julius Caesar.
Which if you know the lore of all the people that comes in this anime, you can predict a bit of how it will go, But! , this is a anime that I must honestly say has made so far a very good fantasy connection between all the characters. such as Ichihime relationship in the later anime with Gaius Julius Caesar which pretty much represents Caesars history with Cleopatra VII Philopator or so I think so far (all a Opinion). But I still must say nice way tying several historical people from different era's into 1 anime.

This Anime Is very Intriguing even if it does has some drama moments which are necessary.

QUOTE (Masich @ Apr 20 2014, 08:09 AM)This Anime I Highly recommend for people of 16+ and who are known with the history of both western and eastern culture.
The genres are like... Everything!

Spoiler warning about the Anime content so far (Do not click show if you don't want to know)

Everything in this anime, I really enjoy, but Biggest reason behind it is because it has a collection of a lot of Important people from all different types of history era's.
France 15th century, Sengoku period, Italy, yayoi period and above all the characters from the Round table such as Gaius Julius Caesar.
Which if you know the lore of all the people that comes in this anime, you can predict a bit of how it will go, But! , this is a anime that I must honestly say has made so far a very good fantasy connection between all the characters. such as Ichihime relationship in the later anime with Gaius Julius Caesar which pretty much represents Caesars history with Cleopatra VII Philopator or so I think so far (all a Opinion). But I still must say nice way tying several historical people from different era's into 1 anime.

This Anime Is very Intriguing even if it does has some drama moments which are necessary.

Ichi-Hime or base on the card " The Fool ".
blink.gif

seriously why would she crying out loud canting Mitsuhide name when she marrying other man. Tskk.. WTF. If this anime run base on characters real life history, then ichi-hime going to be assassinate after Caesar death.

You forget that Ichihime is from a warrior biased clan and arranged marrages take priority over love you know. They even mentioned the whole deal about it too during the very next episode.

In any case seeing that Jeane, or is it Ranmaru still, trying to save her hometown only for it to be destoryed beyond her control pretty much feels like no matter what she does or the people she saves they still die in the end.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (-sena- @ Apr 20 2014, 07:01 PM)Ichi-Hime or base on the card " The Fool ".  

seriously why would she crying out loud canting Mitsuhide name when she marrying other man. Tskk.. WTF.  If this anime run base on characters real life history, then ichi-hime going to be assassinate after Caesar death.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 20 2014, 08:50 PM)You forget that Ichihime is from a warrior biased clan and arranged marrages take priority over love you know. They even mentioned the whole deal about it too during the very next episode.

In any case seeing that Jeane, or is it Ranmaru still, trying to save her hometown only for it to be destoryed beyond her control pretty much feels like no matter what she does or the people she saves they still dieNobunaga swore to protect her and co. no matter if he's the destroyer or savior king, despite Mitsuhide and Caesar were left behind after some plot twists in ep 16 they survived against Cesare... very similar names though i think Brutus will kill Caesar if we consider history again like Wolfie mentioned about Nobukatsu, talking about tarot cards what version do you guys prefer? Nobu's or JoJo's? ^^

0 The Fool - ep.12
I The Magician - ep.4
II The High Priestess - OVA?
III The Empress - ep.14
IV The Emperor - ep.18

V The Hierophant - ep.7
VI The Lovers - ep.2
VII The Chariot - ep.3
VIII Strength - ep.6
IX The Hermit - ep.17

X Wheel of Fortune - ep.19
XI Justice - ep.21
XII The Hanged Man - ep.15
XIII Death - ep.11
XIV Temperance - ep.10

XV The Devil - ep.22
XVI The Tower - ep.5
XVII The Star - ep.1
XVIII The Moon - ep.9
XIX The Sun - ep.20

XX Judgement - ep.24
XXI The World - ep.23
Ace of Wands - ep.8
Ace of Swords - ep.13
Ace of Cups - ep.16
Ace of Coins - OVA?

Okay honestly I wasn't expecting some things here to happen though, but never the less to think that Mitsuhide and Ceasar were left behind here. Although to hear that the legendary ruins were really beneath Jeane's/Ranmaru's home town like that. I mean I wasn't expecting how no one knew or cared to know about something as important as those ruins thoguh.

Also, for the tarot cards Ryu-san, what do you mean by that?

If you meant it by fortune telling, then yes Nobu is good for it.
biggrin.gif

Although, if you meant badass powers from it, then Jojo hands down.
laugh.gif

actually i meant card design but that's a better answer than expected in special Avdul vs Polnareff, most epic Stardust Crusaders fight so far (i like Nobu's tarot but Jojo's has a fitting bizarre charm)... so with ep.17 makes sense why Himiko risked her life so much and encouraged Jeanmaru to be a worthy rival, also the imp twins became traitors by setting Mitsuhide free (if both ever took sides)
laugh.gif

As of episode 20, I have stopped watching Nobunaga the Fool...

as hearing about how episode 21 went, I'm glad I did!

The anime was predictable at start, until around episode 7 which afterwards started a trail of : How many times can we change the story/plot with the weirdest move... 1 moment it is a simple story , next moment it is a cluster of complicated stories.

I used to have hope in this Anime , sadly it has officially been killed off to many times, I will check out the last episode when it comes, but, I don't expect much of it and I will only skip through it to see the ending.

Overall my Rating of Nobunaga the Fool: 5/10
Animation: 9/10 (I still have to say nice animation)
Story: 3/10 (Used to be 7, but it just changed to much)
Characters 3/10 (original 6/10, sadly, most of them got killed off or changed a lot)

To anyone who would want/enjoys a version with : Action/Historical/Alternate History and a lot of comedy. I recommend : The Ambition of Oda Nobuna (Oda Nobuna no Yabō).

sadly yes for me #21 is the worst so far going downhill, like Blade & Soul I only hope to see both don't end as trainwrecks... so in ep'22 as expected historically Mitsuhide will betray Nobunaga, damn mastermind's easy brainwash cliché
dry.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back