Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Tried downloading from the links that I provided you with? Those are really good trackers and it should download with maximum speed of your connection.

QUOTE (qrdel @ May 01 2008, 09:09 PM) Tried downloading from the links that I provided you with? Those are really good trackers and it should download with maximum speed of your connection.
Ur link is running low on seeds and leechers (28 Seeds 23 Leech)
wink.gif

try this one

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=17308

bit late but could switch to this x264 version (89 seeds 105 leech) 2.5GB in size though...
dry.gif
+not H264

or take ur pick??:

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?term=evangeli...c=0&page=search
blink.gif

Check out this goodie
laugh.gif

All NGE OST (including Rebuild)

okay, FINALLy managed to finish watching the movie. though it did feel rushed at times, i think they did an awesome job. though, having been an avid fan of evangelion (the first series i bothered to buy, i even still have the old VHS tapes in my library XD), some of the changes they've made are a bit odd.

1) the number change on the angels, not only is there an extra angel that aparently showed up (took satchiels's #3 position after adam and lilith, making satchiel #4),

2) already introduced to tabris (who is apparently on the moon, coming out of a box, several of which have been opened and the others still sealed.)

3) we have two liliths, the one in terminal dogma having the angel mask, while the one on the moon(?) having it's proper seven eyes of god mask.

4) the angels desintigrate upon dying, sometime bursting into a rain of blood... so how do they recover ramiel's core to use on eva 04?

further, as for the preview;

5) eva 5 is launched? (in the anime/movie, eva 4 was the last non production line eva, after which 5-13 were the mass-produced models). but can;t wait see see it's design.

6) eva 6 in launched (w/ tabris as the pilot), from the moon...
but again, cant wait to get a better look of it's design.

7) looks like the whole number of angels has been decreased, so probably no acid angel, no computer virus angel, maybe no volcano angel, and maybe in israfel (angel that can split itself into two).

really makes me wonder if they're going to significantly deviate from the original storyline after this.

if they are going to change, then i hope that like so many fanfics use to do, that they bring back eva 04. poor thing was so badd-ass but never got any acutal screen time

QUOTE (mamori @ May 02 2008, 11:13 PM) so how do they recover ramiel's core to use on eva 04?
I wonder if they ever did so in the oryginal series...

You see, it was said that 04 is to be equipped with S2 engine but who said that it was to be Ramiel's? Me think that all that NERV needed Ramiel's S2 for was to analyse it and gather some data. Both SEELE and NERV was against implementing oryginal S2 engines into Evangelions because it would mean that 'dolls' are independent from their puppetmasters. Still I don't remember that well but I think that those tests that wiped out Second Branch were performed on fake but not completed S2 engine. The same as those used later in EVA series from 5 to 13.

On the other hand though, I hate the way new angels disintegrate in RoE. Fine, it looks a$$-kicking when 01 is walking in the rain of Sachiel's blood but around 30 minutes further into the movie Samsachiel's streamers piercing through 01's belly are about everything that is left of it... and let's just say this the softests way we can.... IT"S LAME. >.<. I can understand that Ramiel's body may not have bones or any kind of solid structures inside (he can change shape so easily) but how the hell Sachiel and Samsachiel can maintain their physical structures without some kind of reinforcement? Gimme a break.... _-_

QUOTE (qrdel @ May 03 2008, 07:30 AM) but how the hell Sachiel and Samsachiel can maintain their physical structures without some kind of reinforcement?
you could argue that their AT field keeps their form
wink.gif

Finally Gainax has released some cheap EVA bling
laugh.gif

01_l.jpg
00_l.jpg
00_l.jpg

Yours for a minuscule price of £13 ($26 USD), this "limited edition" ring wont set you back as much as some of the other EVA bling
smile.gif
Get yours today if you can actually find a place to buy one!!!!!!!!!!!! (i hope they have some in Anicon
unsure.gif
)

Btw if anyone needs any EVA songs just give me a shout, ive got most of the songs (more than gendou anyway...)

Maybe next time i will give a detailed article on EVA figurines...........
dry.gif
laugh.gif

does anyone know anything about a US release date for Rebuild of Evangelion as of yet?

I've looked and I'm not finding much of anything

QUOTE (Byproduct @ May 15 2008, 02:34 PM) does anyone know anything about a US release date for Rebuild of Evangelion as of yet?

I've looked and I'm not finding much of anything
Well as of right now Evanglion: You are [Not] Alone isn't even licensed for US distribution so a company, most likely ADV since they licensed the original, would have to first license the movie.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 15 2008, 12:46 PM) Well as of right now Evanglion: You are [Not] Alone isn't even licensed for US distribution so a company, most likely ADV since they licensed the original, would have to first license the movie.
well that's both helpful and dissapointing actually
thank you

I just saw the first Rebuild fansub. Huge improvement in image quality over the original I think, especially the fight scenes. However I found the picture rather dark at times (I was watching a softsub of the IZ raw), in some of the dark scenes I couldn't see what was going on even at maximum monitor brightness until I cranked the ffdshow levels control up quite a bit.

Although the picture quality was a lot better (when visible!) I thought the plot had been overcompressed, I’m not sure how understandable it would be to someone who wasn’t already familiar with the story. (However I also thought the same about LOTR, yet that didn’t seem to dent its popularity...)

Some stuff that was subtle in the original had been made more overt, e.g. the sighting of Rei on the road at the start, whilst other details have been lost, e.g. the Eva protecting Shinji: by removing that and Misato’s argument with Ritsuko about whether Shinji could be expected to pilot the Eva, I felt they lost the plausibility of the scene, making it feel kind of cartoony if you know what I mean (people suddenly doing something they couldn't possibly do). But some other changes improved on the original I thought so overall I enjoyed it despite wishing they'd left a number of plot points in.

What did people think of the multi-morphing rebuild of the Giant Blue Grain of Salt?

Excuse me for asking a possibly stupid question, but can someone explain to me what happened in the last two or three episodes?

I don't have much of a grasp on what the Human Instumentality Project actually is, and it's bothering me because I wasn't satisfied with the ending as I had very little understanding of what was happening.

Yeah, EoE is more 'user-friendly' although you still HAVE to watch it several times to fully grasp the idea...

Haha, I watched it, and I'm still like WTF? but it's a lot more understandable now. The ending of it was very ambiguous I thought.

You know what's funny, my true last name is Seeley. No lie.

You're a lucky man, SSzero
smile.gif
. My congratulations :>.

pretty much it means you can do whatever you want. Also during the whole thing they pretty much made Shinji a god, and let him decide what to do. In the end he chose to be himself. And yes its hugely open ended, but its more of the Adam and Eve sort of thing, at least that is what i thought it was at the end of EoE

QUOTE (SSZero @ Sep 05 2008, 08:06 AM) Haha, I watched it, and I'm still like WTF? but it's a lot more understandable now. The ending of it was very ambiguous I thought.
Anything in particular that you want answered?

I'm no guru, but I've been able to acquire bits and pieces of theories/speculations/truths throughout the various times I've watched it...

QUOTE (Megiddo @ Sep 05 2008, 08:52 PM)Anything in particular that you want answered?

I'm no guru, but I've been able to acquire bits and pieces of theories/speculations/truths throughout the various times I've watched it...
Ok, there's only one question I can think of now, but if I think of any more I'll post it later.

Why did Shinji attempt to kill Asuka at the end?

Well, you'll remember that when Shinji was having all those cool flashbacks and random thoughts a part of it was how he felt Asuka truly thought about him (which was really how he felt about himself when thinking about it) with the whole pushing and the coffee landing on him and all...

I think that after rejecting Instrumentality he still wasn't quite right in the head. He might have thought he was still seeing trippy things (after all, there was LCL everywhere, a giant half of a Lillith head and other bizarre things) and thus decided to take out his anger on Asuka. He immediately stopped once he realized that she was alive and it was all real, however.

This is something that is widely debated, and in no way do I view my thoughts as the only possible reason... it's just what I have deduced on my own.

In a way Shinji suffocating Asuka points out when Instrumentality Project really begins (inside his head) and ends. The moment reality gets intetvined with flashbacks, imagination and madness. Only when Shinji wakes up on the beach, as Megiddo mentioned, he still thinks that he's inside his EVA, swallowed in despair. Mind that the scene with coffee and everything began all series of weird scenes and places that had got through Shinji's life before. So, focusing only on that it's like a frame story inside a story - he is going through the same pain, starting from an attempt to kill the only person that he has SOME feelings for - Asuka, or, as stated, himself indeed.

Thanks for the answers. This series leaves you with a lot to think about.

Does anybody know of any other series' with the same kind of themes. IE: strong philosophical and psychological elements.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back