Natsume Yuujinchou Roku (2017) & Go (2016)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
lets just start this post differently, the subs seemed to state that the fox child in episode 7 is a male, but no matter how i look at it, thats a girl... so i gotta ask, animators playing the "everything points towards it being a girl but its really a boy" trick or bad translation?

another wonderful episode finished... this show doesn't seem to be slowing its pace at all, each story seems carefully planned out; its like watching a book being animated in front of you... i have to admit i was hoping that the fox would start living at his house
sad.gif
but it was good he way it ended nonetheless

P.S: this is the first kitsune this year without big boobs i believe
laugh.gif

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Aug 20 2008, 05:57 PM) lets just start this post differently, the subs seemed to state that the fox child in episode 7 is a male, but no matter how i look at it, thats a girl... so i gotta ask, animators playing the "everything points towards it being a girl but its really a boy" trick or bad translation?

another wonderful episode finished... this show doesn't seem to be slowing its pace at all, each story seems carefully planned out; its like watching a book being animated in front of you... i have to admit i was hoping that the fox would start living at his house
sad.gif
but it was good he way it ended nonetheless

P.S: this is the first kitsune this year without big boobs i believe
laugh.gif

My guess is it would have to be a guy, just based on how he was talking. He constantly used boku as opposed to atashi and the such, pointing towards a male.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Aug 21 2008, 02:21 PM) My guess is it would have to be a guy, just based on how he was talking. He constantly used boku as opposed to atashi and the such, pointing towards a male.
My guess is that the spirits are adrogynous and really aren't supposed to have genders, just as they don't see gender in relation to Reiko/Natsume. Who gives a shit what the genders of these spirits are unless you wanna pervert the series by making asinine fanfics? Despite the gender forms of words used, using male speech is more "highly regarded", assertive in the gender bias... That, or the series makers didn't think too much on the gender/language confusion that could be had.

---------------------------------------

I wanted to mention how much I love the ending of this series. The rhythm of the singing is the closest to sounding like an instrument than any other enka or traditional singing I've ever heard. Because it sounds like an instrument, and not a person as much, it's beautiful. I had no idea that Atari Kousuke was really more r&b and j-pop... How does he do his voice like that?! ohmy.gif It's awesome!! I look forward to the single!

[Don't double post and use the edit feature - Barbobot]

^ disagree with the first few lines of kata's post completely, episode 8 clearly proved there are genders, even if some ayakashi dont care if they are male/female there is still a difference... and it'd bug me if a male ayakashi was to hit on natsume
laugh.gif

anyway, it gets more heart breaking with every episode
sad.gif
feels like they're trying to make a point here heheh... anyway another thumbs up for episode 8, and i have to admit; by far the best one yet... the whole firefly thing near the end was simply genius, gotta admit i was a bit heartbroken when she decided to choose a bugs lifespan simply to see him at least one more time... but it was heart warming at the same time

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Aug 27 2008, 07:46 AM) ^ disagree with the first few lines of kata's post completely, episode 8 clearly proved there are genders, even if some ayakashi dont care if they are male/female there is still a difference... and it'd bug me if a male ayakashi was to hit on natsume
laugh.gif

anyway, it gets more heart breaking with every episode
sad.gif
feels like they're trying to make a point here heheh... anyway another thumbs up for episode 8, and i have to admit; by far the best one yet... the whole firefly thing near the end was simply genius, gotta admit i was a bit heartbroken when she decided to choose a bugs lifespan simply to see him at least one more time... but it was heart warming at the same time
I agree with your post totally Animewiz

This series just gets more touching with every episode.

Its like they are saying I'm going to make you shed a tear
wink.gif

I don't know which was more touching the firefly episode or the bird one but they are both top notch emotional episodes

no matter how I try to shake it(a guy thing
wink.gif
) its still hits you a little

Great Series

well with all of that said it seems the story will take a more combative tone with episode 9

episode 8 made me cry buckets the first time i saw it as i am a sap for sad, star-crossed love stories.

but i can't get over the fact that natsume is realizing the fact that someday his powers may disappear. i'm not discounting the fact that his powers are strong enough for it to stay with him forever, but i felt kinda sad that he contemplated the though.

this is definitely my favorite anime this season! ^^

"If I lose my ability I'll still have my memories" is still a pretty sad sentiment after he finally realized that he really enjoys being able to see Yokai. I wonder if Granny lost her ability to see them too and that is why so much was left unfinished.

And speaking of Granny, the last two episodes were great but they didn't reveal anything about her. I hope we get some more insight soon.

I've just started watching this series last week after everyone's comments piqued my interest and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. It has a kind of "summery" feel that I'm digging right now. I like how it's more thoughtful than action-oriented. And the OP/ED are great. I haven't seen ep08 yet (waiting for ainex subs) but it sounds like it'll be good.

Oh, and I thought the fox boy was terribly cute and I hope he shows up again later.

many lil touching stories and a very calm anime - way to relax! :)

it's not like the plot is "boring" it's aim is just another - not like n combat,action,drama anime.

actually watching this makes me feel anxious bout some things.

watched up to 10, 3 more episodes to go - i guess the manga will continuing after the anime ends, too bad but whatever, seems like it's not popular enough, it's a pity, thought i understand.

Is it me or does every episode make you want to cry at the end of it? I love this anime though, it has to be one of the best for this season.

I just started watching this and this incredibly bittersweet and reminds me of Jigoku Shoujo with a mix of xxxHolic.
rolleyes.gif

I've got up to episode 02 but the melancholy tone is really getting me, I just watched one series which had a full of it....I'm wondering if I should continue this series right now or leave it and come back later.
wink.gif

Anyways, its a great series nonetheless.
biggrin.gif

Its been one day....so double-post...LOL!! XD

Anyways, I just caught and I watched the recently subbed released episode 11 just now. All, I can say is wow because this series has just caught me and I'm anxiously waiting for episode 12, which will be released on the 23rd and we will most likely be expecting a subbed release on the 25th or earlier hopefully.
rolleyes.gif

Episode 11 was just sooo funny when Neko-Madara aka Nyako-sensei was drunk and then having a hangover the followind day in the morning.
laugh.gif

Absolutely superb news that I just came across of ANN

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...iere-in-january

2nd Season of Natsume Yuujinchou Airing January 2009!!

Can't wait as Natsume Yuujinchou was at the very least in the top 3 of the summer anime this year, if not the best of the summer.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Sep 22 2008, 09:08 PM) Absolutely superb news that I just came across of ANN

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...iere-in-january

2nd Season of Natsume Yuujinchou Airing January 2009!!

Can't wait as Natsume Yuujinchou was at the very least in the top 3 of the summer anime this year, if not the best of the summer.
Thats brillant news, so this series is gonna follow the footsteps of Birdy with a 2nd season in January 2009.
rolleyes.gif
Hopefully, there will be a 2nd season to Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo as well.
biggrin.gif

This show is definitely one of the best from this summer, maybe even in my top animes from this year! It's just so beautifully animated, and each story is so touching and original. I'm thrilled there will be a 2nd season, I can't get enough of Nyako sensei
laugh.gif

For me, thus far the firefly and the swallow episode were the most touching... but I also loved the fox boy, he's just tooooo cute
laugh.gif
I hope we see him again!

yeah, it's a great show!

i was expecting something else, before i began to watch this show but that doesn't matter anymore, because it turned out to be a fascinating anime!

the intro and outro -songs are quite nic, especially the ending, which was arrange to sound very sad, yet had a positiv songtext.

i don't really mind the fillers but they are really unnecessary, since the manga is developing pretty well.

in episode 12 they had slight changes at the ending... hinoe went away at the ending of the episode but in the manga she stayed by natsume's side and took care of him, because he was sick.

some spirits DO care for gender, just look and hinoe's reaction.

wait, is 13 the last one, i hope not T_T, and of topic does anyone else feel the fox boy should just say shes a girl ;p, way cuter that way

QUOTE (lonelykangta @ Oct 02 2008, 09:56 AM) wait, is 13 the last one, i hope not T_T, and of topic does anyone else feel the fox boy should just say shes a girl ;p, way cuter that way
Yes 13 is the last episode but a second season will be airing in January so this isn't the end of Natsume.

wew, episode 13 is the end?, new season in January?
can't wait much longer...
natsume gives me a different view of ghost/ spirit anime...
well the anime itself is light but sometimes very touching...
well i just barely drop a tears for some episodes....
ma... can't wait till next year!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (lonelykangta @ Oct 02 2008, 07:56 AM) wait, is 13 the last one, i hope not T_T, and of topic does anyone else feel the fox boy should just say shes a girl ;p, way cuter that way
i agree, it would have been so much better
biggrin.gif
still a great show; although i'm getting tired of all these animes airing in the spring/summer of 08 and then saying "now you gotta wait till the spring of 09 for season 2!" douches
mad.gif
its like the 4th or 5th show thats done that crap

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back