music: new dredg

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

darkdog

-dredg
Retired
for all of you who enjoy quality music.

dredg is awesomeness. one of the most impressive bands of our time, they are often called the new pink floyd because of the trip their music takes you to. their first full length album, leitmotif, is a raw but incredibly varied album that describes a mental / moral trip necessary to cure a mind disease. their second album focuses on a painting by salvador dali and a disease called sleep paralysis (whih is said to be salvador dali's source of inspiration), which is something everyone should know about by the way.

and their next album is getting ready to hit the stores. trust me, if you like alternative rock they are precisely the band to look for. www.myspace.com/dredg or www.dredg.com if you want to listen to some of their music.

listen to them, it's just too good for someone to not know about it.

"we live like penguins in the desert, why don't we live like tribes?"

/jp, completely in love with dredg's music. for more than an year. way more.

They say they grew up in California, and they sing in English, so I suppose they aren't Portuguese
tongue.gif
. They're all around pretty good... If you like Breaking Benjamin, Lostprophets, or A Perfect Circle, you'd probably like them. It's really good music to just listen to when you're feeling a bit restless, just to sit and chill. I'm already a fan, great find, darkdog!

If you have iTunes, click on this link to view their top songs. They currently have El Cielo and the single "Bug Eyes", which I've already purchased after listening to it on their site.
biggrin.gif

It sounds like the girl in The Canyon Behind Her is speaking japanese, interesting... So far, I really like It Only Took a Day, Bug Eyes, Same Ol' Road, and Of the Room... Hell, I'll just buy the whole album, ten bucks for 16 songs, you can't go wrong.
smile.gif
Why doesn't the radio play this stuff?

~ SP

yeah i really like a perfect circle and listen to lostprophets every now and then. Well i decided to buy one of there albums (El Cielo) of amazon to check them out. it was only £4.50, cant really argue with that.

dark-casper: try to get the songs "penguins in the desert" and "yatahaze", they are some of dredg's heaviest songs (which means they're pretty different from a perfect circle
wink.gif
)

anyway.. SP, yes the girl on that song is speaking japanese.. she says what the album is about, sort of. that song is awesome.. just be warned that some of those songs are just intermissions, like the first track! And the radio doesn't play that stuff because it's too good for that
wink.gif
it's different from mainstream music, and radios hate different music.

it's awesome that you guys bought some of their music... thanks!!! they really deserve it
smile.gif

/jp

Heh, after buying the songs via iTunes, I sat and listened to the CD a few times on Shuffle... I like most of their songs, and some of the intermissions are pretty good.

Dark-Casper, if you don't like A Perfect Circle, then you'd probably like Same Ol' Road and It Only Took a Day, too... I like pretty much all of these, it's really good and relaxing, with some interesting sounds.
smile.gif

~ SP

It Only Took a Day, is definatly one of the better songs, these guys kinda remind of a band called Tool, who have the same sort of feel to there music.

yeah, they're somewhat like tool but lighter -- not as complext and dark as tool are. and trust me, tool is more complex musically than most people can even imagine
smile.gif

another awesome dredg song that never made it to an album: "new shadow". go get it, it's beautiful!!

/jp

you're welcome, ultima
wink.gif
if you want to know more bands let me know, tell me what you like and i'll tell ya what i think you might like as well..

/jp

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back