Motto To Love-Ru

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired

Summary:
Motto To Love-Ru is the second full length TV series of the To Love-Ru franchise. However, unlike the first season that premiered in 2008, Motto To Love-Ru will follow an episode format similar to that of the last OVA episode from 2009 where each episode will be composed of three mini-episodes (or at least that's what's shown in the first episode). The show is expected to continue following Hasemi Saki's To Love-Ru manga (to some extent)

Premier Date: October 6, 2010
Episodes: Unknown (most likely 12 or 13

cast:
Same as prequels

Animation: XEBEC

OP Theme: Loop-the-Loop by KOTOKO
ED Theme: Baby Baby Love by Haruka Tomatsu

Opinion:
So after another year, To Love-Ru is back yet again but as a full TV series again. It's hard to tell whether the first episode will be representative of the structure of the rest of the series since the first episode followed a format similar to the last OVA episode. The previews did not provide any further hints unfortunately.

The animation was pretty, but I kinda liked the original style better from the OVAs and the original 2008 TV series. The new style makes it look very Kanokon-like, which I really didn't like since the character designs often looked blurred for some reason. Putting that aside though, XEBEC has taken a step up from their Ladies versus Butler work back in Winter 2010, which is nice since that series was an incredible disappointment.

The music is nice. Not the usual techno-like rhythm I'm used to hearing from KOTOKO, but it's still decent. I guess as time passes, the music from her is beginning to fade sadly (though her visual novel themes continue to be awesome). The ending is catchy as expected from Haruka Tomatsu. A very weird song, but I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised given the awkward amount of themes that To Love-Ru comes up with.

If anything bothered me thus far in this series, it's not the jumpy/inconsistent transitions, but rather the censors. It's one thing about convenient censoring, but I don't see any necessity to be suddenly inserting a white/black bar across the screen. Not only is that very poor/lazy animation, but also very disturbing. Whether or not it's because to "protect minors from what they see on TV" or because of saving time and cost, animation studios really need to find a better alternative because this is just getting more and more ridiculous as time goes on.

All in all, Motto To Love-Ru is looking better than the first TV series at the moment as a whole. I can't say I really enjoyed the first episode, but there were moments (i.e. the Yami-Mikan relationship) where I was actually hoping for something interesting to happen. However, it's nice to see that they're continuing off the OVA to some extent.

Expectation: Low
Preliminary Score: 7/10

Well it looks like they are pulling chapters form the manga, but it look slike they are doing it in a slice of life style though. Although for some reason they did skip the whole Celine being the plant that Lala gave Rito to rase of course, but I guess it's pointless to do something like that so late in the series.

In any case I get this odd feeling that it's just going to be a random ecchi series this time around. Even though it's following the manga it's kind of late for that to fix the series. In any case I'm just going to watch to see how much they are going to botch this up though.

Well, the way I see it To Love-Ru was never about actual story or plot...it's supposed for people to read/watch for the fan-service, lulz, wtf etc
laugh.gif

Somehow it was nice, but it just didnt gave of the feeling To Love-Ru back then gave off. It is good to see the characters back and all, but something is lacking. The first TV series was totally great, the manga sucked, the OVAs were bad so I dont really know what to expect, but nothing grand.

And it had huge flaws, like the thing with Celine who is all of a sudden there or the worst censorship ever. And isnt the thing with Kotegawa a 100%-copy of what happened with her in the first series? How lame.

btw doe ssomeone know who this character is? I never saw her in the Series, OVA or the manga. She is seen in the OP walking with that Ranma-copy and at the end of the OP.
vlcsnap2010101215h18m08.jpg

i think she's Rito and Mikan's mother.

QUOTE (lord_vivec @ Oct 12 2010, 04:28 PM) If only I knew were I could get some glare preventors for this anime...
from what i've heard the partially uncensored version should be showing this week. look for some subbers to pick it up.

ya i must agree its missing something, its not that funny like the first season, its nice to see the characters again but they all seem too be missing something well i hope it picks up since this is just the first ep.

Well on the up side at least they are picking out the most ecchiest of chapters from the manga. Pertty much this season, is more along the line of showing off the ecchi side of what was in the manga at one point.

Oddly enough since the manga is doing another season entirley I get this feeling once it picks up it'll get a season. Besides when Yami-chan is involved it usually is a very good episode to watch of course.
tongue.gif

Just watched ep 2 since Im waiting for the uncensored version.

Rito really fell down even lower than he could already have. Beeing so nervous just because hes playing dad. Especially after she even bought the costume. But he was great when he was drunk ^^
And we saw their mother for a short time and shes really hot just like I hoped she would be ^^ Only problem is that she has a male name (at least here in germany Ringo is a name for males).

And we finally was Mikado and with nothing than a bathrobe on. Soooo damn hot.
But they could show Risa a bit more in my eyes since she is far hotter than everyone else except for Yui and Mikado.

Ep 6 was the best until now.

First everyone in nice swimsuits and hot Mikado action. Only too bad that Yui didnt get much screentime. Or Risa. Im really looking forward to Risas solo part. She defenitely doesnt get enough screentime.

And second the was Lala was acting because of the book. First totally shy and moe and then Tsundere ^^ And on top she was only wearing a nightie. Too bad we didnt get to see her fully in that. If I were her I would cry to since Rito is so useless. If someone that hot throws yourself at you wearing something like that its uninteresting if you like her or not you just take it baka -.-

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Oct 13 2010, 03:08 AM) i think she's Rito and Mikan's mother.
no that not rito mother i think it that magical girl on the anime tv they watch you know half breed girl who breath fire.

Rito mother got hair like ritos i mean color

Well finding this seres uncut it actually worth the wait since the censoring does kind of butcher it to a degree though.

In any case there's not much to talk about here since it would seem they are just pulling out random chapters from the manga to highlight well known chapters I guess.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 21 2010, 06:01 PM) Well finding this seres uncut it actually worth the wait since the censoring does kind of butcher it to a degree though.

In any case there's not much to talk about here since it would seem they are just pulling out random chapters from the manga to highlight well known chapters I guess.
just wait for doki- chiro one

I have to say I quite enjoyed this recent episode with a doggie point of view and also some awesome tentacle action
laugh.gif

Generally I think was quite a nice few chaptiers thrown together for cheap laughs and fanservice in just the right dose!
cool.gif

I agree this one had me in Stiches in several parts.

the whole "MILKING HARUNA" part was just so epic.

Finally there was the part with Risa. I was really looking forward to it since shes one of my 3 favorite women. And since we got another one of my favs, Yui, it was a great ep.
Too bad both of them fell for that loser too.

And we got to see their mother too in ep 10. And shes as hot as in the manga. Too bad thats the only time she was shown.

I finished watching the last episode. I must say I really really enjoyed this season. I did not like the first season at all. I might re watch it and see if my mind changes but I think the major problem was season 1 was trying to be a bit serious and it did not work

This season with the short skits worked out great. All the characters were already introduced and their backgrounds known so really they could focus on just the comedy and ecchi which I felt worked perfect in this series.

Yami will always be my favorite and am glad they gave her a good amount of screen time. I did really like Lala this time around. I found her funny and not annoying like I did in season 1. Actually I liked all the characters alot. I wished they spent a little more time on Lala's sisters. I really liked their interaction between each other.

Overall a really great season. I am hoping for another but with this ridiculous Tokyo Ban I am afraid of the future of this type of series. Such a shame

I'm giving it a 9/10 for pure enjoyment, rewatchability, awesome characters / character designs and how all the characters VA's worked perfectly and in sync with each other.

Well now that they showed the manga end for ToLoveRu there is only one more place that this can go and that's Rito's harem creation all thanks, or no thanks to Momo in the Darkness manga that came out a while back.

In any case Lala and Peke did mention that he could have more than just be with Lala of course. Granted it's hard for him to go into liking only one girl, to having any girl he want's I guess.

After watching the final episode of Motto To Love-Ru I will say that not only did this series feel more conclusive despite the "3-episodes per episode" deal, it felt significantly more productive and enjoyable to watch than the original series.

While To Love-Ru has significantly changed their animation since the original series, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Though some of the animation felt pretty cheap coming from Xebec.

If you were looking for a plot in this show, you should have stopped watching back in season 1. This show is a simple romantic, harem, comedy show. To be honest, I wished they had shown more of Nana since she's a great tsundere archetype and her minimal screen time compared to Momo irritated me. Mikan and Yami getting more screen time was a definite plus, especially the "shoujo-ai"-like relationship between the two and their individual relationships with Rito himself.

Overall, Motto To Love-Ru was a bit better than I had expected it to be and as said before, I enjoyed it significantly more than the original series.

Preliminary Score: 7/10
Final Score: 7/10

Here's to hoping they animate To Love-Ru Darkness!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back