Monogatari Series Final Season: Zokuowarimonogatari

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite character from NisiOisin's Monogatari saga?

• Hitagi Senjōgahara

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tsubasa Hanekawa / Bakeneko

• Shinobu Oshino / Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Suruga Kanbaru

• Nadeko Sengoku

• Mayoi Hachikuji

• Karen Araragi

• Tsukihi Araragi

• Koyomi Araragi

• Meme Oshino

• Deishū Kaiki

• Yozuru Kagenui

• Yotsugi Ononoki

• Izuko Gaen

• None of them / another character from the Monogatari novels

• Total voters
QUOTE (blandead41 @ Sep 06 2013, 11:41 PM)it's not like there is no energy left in the gate, it's just being absorbed because of the seal (untouchable by vampires) so basically is someone else is still alive somehow.
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Sep 01 2013, 11:37 AM)occurs to me that the destruction of the world also prevents us from seeing a grown-up Hatchikuji!fortunately as I expected she grew up into a hot survivor o_O still cheerful as in her loli days, despite the apocalypse she experienced but Shinobu's smexy true form was alive yet in that timeline... at least she sacrifices her life to go back in time ^^ funny to see jiangshis' weakness is rice and ran away, thnx to Meme's help but must be a pain to pick it up all to throw them anytime they appear
laugh.gif

QUOTE fortunately as I expected she grew up into a hot survivor o_O still cheerful as in her loli days

I've never been happier to be wrong! Grown-up Hatchikuji and Shinobu in her true for, as well as the return of loli Hatchikuji made this a super episode. Plus the whole Oshino ex machina thing made for a nice story resolution.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Sep 08 2013, 08:54 PM)I've never been happier to be wrong! Grown-up Hatchikuji and Shinobu in her true for, as well as the return of loli Hatchikuji made this a super episode. Plus the whole Oshino ex machina thing made for a nice story resolution.

yea very good episode, I wonder if there is some foreshadowing like when shinobu said he better rethink his way of fighting if he doesn't want his timeline to go down a similar path. So since shinobu basically drank a full powered version of herself is most of her power back or was that just a one time energy drain?

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Sep 08 2013, 09:54 PM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Sep 07 2013, 06:00 PM)fortunately as I expected she grew up into a hot survivor o_O still cheerful as in her loli daysI've never been happier to be wrong! Grown-up Hatchikuji and Shinobu in her true for, as well as the return of loli Hatchikuji made this a super episode. Plus the whole Oshino ex machina thing made for a nice story resolution.
QUOTE (blandead41 @ Sep 12 2013, 01:46 PM)yea very good episode, I wonder if there is some foreshadowing like when shinobu said he better rethink his way of fighting if he doesn't want his timeline to go down a similar path. So since shinobu basically drank a full powered version of herself is most of her power back or was that just a one time energy drain?undoubtedly best episode of this arc ^^ I'm expecting Shinobu to transform in her original self from now on, if not then we'll see her in the upcoming Kizumonogatari film but is too bad grownup Mayoi will never reappear... unless she can travel back to this present time after removing the seal (remember she's human), about ep.11 it's a Bakemonogatari recap ;( are they going to troll us again after each arc finale?
oh well next week Nadeko Sengoku's new arc titled Otorimonogatari will start
happy.gif

QUOTE (blandead41 @ Sep 12 2013, 12:46 PM)
yea very good episode, I wonder if there is some foreshadowing like when shinobu said he better rethink his way of fighting if he doesn't want his timeline to go down a similar path. So since shinobu basically drank a full powered version of herself is most of her power back or was that just a one time energy drain?
As I understood the translations, it sounded to me like converting full-vamp Shinobu into energy was just enough to get them home, but I would not be at all surprised if Loli-Shinobu held onto a bit of it for a "hail Mary" power-up during a dire crisis at some point in the future... But I believe that she truly enjoys her closeness with Araragi as things are, and would be afraid to fall into the same category as Hanekawa, (I STILL can't see how Araragi picked Senjougahara over Hanekawa... Other than Senjougahara's personality is SEVERE, just like his mother's, and they say that many men marry women that resemble their mothers in some way... Though Hanekawa is definitely BUILT more like Araragi's mother than Senjougahara will likely EVER be!) if she were to become actually "womanly" since Araragi's heart is already taken in the romantic sense by Senjougahara. However, he seems to have plenty of room in his heart for lolis like her "mini-form" and loli-Hatchikuji. Almost disturbingly-so as he seems to get more excited over them and his sister than any of the truly HOT women he meets. It's more like he just gets embarrassed by situations he finds himself in with adult women than excited by the allure of any of the women themselves...

Loli-Hatchi is now the most tragic thing I've ever seen in anime as I've now been shown that she WOULD have grown-up into HOTTIE-Hatchi. A loss that no world line should EVER suffer. El-Psy-Congroo!!! (Just a little "Stein's Gate" reference for a laugh.) ;-)

And true, it was a veritable feast for the eyes between getting some Hottie-Hatchi and Full-grown Shinobu glimpses. (Though this Shinobu looked a little worn around the edges compared to the world line "A"s stunningly-hot Shinobu before getting loli-ed...)

Still not enough to make me a loli-fan, but I have a warmer spot in my heart for Hatchikuji than I did before this arc took place.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Sep 14 2013, 10:00 PM) undoubtedly best episode of this arc ^^ I'm expecting Shinobu to transform in her original self from now on, if not then we'll see her in the upcoming Kizumonogatari film but is too bad grownup Mayoi will never reappear... unless she can travel back to this present time after removing the seal (remember she's human), about ep.11 it's a Bakemonogatari recap ;( are they going to troll us again after each arc finale?
oh well next week Nadeko Sengoku's new arc titled Otorimonogatari will start

Yea they are definitely going to recap after every arc, probably making tons of money doing that... why else would they cause I can't think of any other reason.

So next ark is Nadeko Sengoku, who was that again? That girl talking about the street lights?

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Sep 14 2013, 11:17 PM)
As I understood the translations, it sounded to me like converting full-vamp Shinobu into energy was just enough to get them home, but I would not be at all surprised if Loli-Shinobu held onto a bit of it for a "hail Mary" power-up during a dire crisis at some point in the future... But I believe that she truly enjoys her closeness with Araragi as things are, and would be afraid to fall into the same category as Hanekawa, (I STILL can't see how Araragi picked Senjougahara over Hanekawa... Other than Senjougahara's personality is SEVERE, just like his mother's, and they say that many men marry women that resemble their mothers in some way... Though Hanekawa is definitely BUILT more like Araragi's mother than Senjougahara will likely EVER be!) if she were to become actually "womanly" since Araragi's heart is already taken in the romantic sense by Senjougahara. However, he seems to have plenty of room in his heart for lolis like her "mini-form" and loli-Hatchikuji. Almost disturbingly-so as he seems to get more excited over them and his sister than any of the truly HOT women he meets. It's more like he just gets embarrassed by situations he finds himself in with adult women than excited by the allure of any of the women themselves...

Loli-Hatchi is now the most tragic thing I've ever seen in anime as I've now been shown that she WOULD have grown-up into HOTTIE-Hatchi. A loss that no world line should EVER suffer. El-Psy-Congroo!!! (Just a little "Stein's Gate" reference for a laugh.) ;-)

And true, it was a veritable feast for the eyes between getting some Hottie-Hatchi and Full-grown Shinobu glimpses. (Though this Shinobu looked a little worn around the edges compared to the world line "A"s stunningly-hot Shinobu before getting loli-ed...)

Still not enough to make me a loli-fan, but I have a warmer spot in my heart for Hatchikuji than I did before this arc took place.

Haha I hightly doubt he actually likes loli's more than the hot adult woman, he just can't go wild and take advantage of them or he'll get his butt kicked hah. True the full-grown shinobu we got to see was after she tried to incinerate herself so probably wasn't meant to look hot.

I really wish they would release kizumonogatari so we can really see how araragi and shinobu met and what really went on between them, probably all the quirky things they say to each other have a deeper meaning.

I bet next episode is going to be how he fails his summer homework, that was why he tried to time travel in the first place lol.

I think as far as shinobu is concerned it doesn't matter who he falls in love with because in the end he'll outlive everyone he knows except for her.

QUOTE (blandead41 @ Sep 18 2013, 04:55 PM) I think as far as shinobu is concerned it doesn't matter who he falls in love with because in the end he'll outlive everyone he knows except for her.
Excellent point! Well-played. :)

I think that you're absolutely right. What's a few decades of waiting for Araragi to "come around" to her when she's virtually ageless, and has already lived through so much? It's like the women who feel that it's better for the guy that they ultimately want to end up with to "sow their wild oats", and get it out of their system for before they settle down and get serious with them. (In anime/manga, anyway.. I don't know any women in real life who have stated that mindset!)

SO I watched the recapisode and have to say I found it quite enjoyable. Maybe what I need to do is rewatch it all from the beginning, but that's a bit more of a viewing project then I want to get into right now.

OK, but here's what I noticed that I thought was cool. In Senjougahara's first appearance she had a very cutesy voice while she was in fact terribly harsh, cold and downright savage. But now that she actually acting fun and playful and in the last arc with Hanekawa, downright cute, she does so with a harsh, cold and emotionless seeming voice. And it was fun to watch that vocal transformation play out a bit over the brief run of the recap.

QUOTE Haha I hightly doubt he actually likes loli's more than the hot adult woman

Rather, he likes them all the same. He has all the requisite perversions found in Anime, a true ecchi omnivore at heart. But now he has put that aside as much as he can to become a Senjougaharatarian.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Sep 20 2013, 08:41 PM)SO I watched the recapisode and have to say I found it quite enjoyable. Maybe what I need to do is rewatch it all from the beginning, but that's a bit more of a viewing project then I want to get into right now.

OK, but here's what I noticed that I thought was cool. In Senjougahara's first appearance she had a very cutesy voice while she was in fact terribly harsh, cold and downright savage. But now that she actually acting fun and playful and in the last arc with Hanekawa, downright cute, she does so with a harsh, cold and emotionless seeming voice. And it was fun to watch that vocal transformation play out a bit over the brief run of the recap.
QUOTE (blandead41 @ Sep 18 2013, 05:55 PM)Yea they are definitely going to recap after every arc, probably making tons of money doing that... why else would they cause I can't think of any other reason.

So next ark is Nadeko Sengoku, who was that again? That girl talking about the street lights?
noup she's named Ougi Oshino (revealed as Meme's niece) ¬¬ as retold in the last recap Nadeko is an 'oniichan complex' girl, constricted by snake apparitions but as the title in ep12 she became Medusa and her arc will turn very gory and tragic :/... about Araragi being H-omnivore not only Shinobu but maybe Mayoi will last as her rival after the rest of his harem pass away, she's an eternal loli ghost ;p also good observation about Gahara's voice/tsundere contrast xD i guess the next will happen

Monogatari S2 1st arc: Nekomonogatari (Shiro) - Tsubasa Tiger (eps. 1-5)
1st recap: Nekomonogatari (Kuro) - Tsubasa Family (ep.6)
2nd arc: Kabukimonogatari - Mayoi Jiangshi (eps. 7-10)
2nd recap: Bakemonogatari - Hitagi Crab to Nadeko Snake (ep.11)
3rd arc: Otorimonogatari - Nadeko Medusa (eps. 12-14?)
3rd recap: Bakemonogatari - Tsubasa Cat ONAs? (ep.15?)
4th arc: Hanamonogatari - Suruga Devil (eps. 16?-18?)
4th recap: Nisemonogatari - Karen Bee? (ep.19?)
5th arc: Onimonogatari - Shinobu Time (eps. 20?-22?)
5th recap: Nisemonogatari - Tsukihi Phoenix? (ep.23?)
6th arc: Koimonogatari - Hitagi End (eps. 24?-26)
unsure.gif

wow episode 12 was definitely good, can they make it anymore suspenseful with the opening scene? I kind of wish I just waited until I can watch the whole ark at once. That is one evil little girl...

QUOTE (revealed as Meme's niece)

If she's to be believed, and I'm not sure she is. She seems to be scrambling around time trying to find the right place to do whatever it is she wants to do. Which is what, exactly? Say significant things in the right place and time to have no effect on what is going to transpire afterwards?

Bonus points to this arc for having another cute Hanazawa Kana OP. Not exactly Renai Circulation quality, but still very nice. If you like the whole creepy yandere thing, that is.

QUOTE (blandead41 @ Sep 22 2013, 01:40 PM)wow episode 12 was definitely good, can they make it anymore suspenseful with the opening scene? I kind of wish I just waited until I can watch the whole ark at once. That is one evil little girl...
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Sep 26 2013, 10:57 AM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Sep 21 2013, 03:00 PM)(revealed as Meme's niece) ¬¬If she's to be believed, and I'm not sure she is. She seems to be scrambling around time trying to find the right place to do whatever it is she wants to do. Which is what, exactly? Say significant things in the right place and time to have no effect on what is going to transpire afterwards?indeed Ougi acts very suspiciously so i'll believe she's really related to him until he comes back and confirms it himself, about Nadeko as shown in #13 you can see how much of a messed up yandere is inside her cute and shy appearence... specially when she is talking with that serpent oddity but the second half of this episode got more interesting with Araragi, "kindly" inviting her to sleep over on his bed but Shinobu knocked him out and interrogated Bangs-chan instead
laugh.gif

Episode 13:

Man, Shinobu I HARSH! I mean the way that she systematically deconstructed the poor girl was just merciless. "Just have Kyomi worry about you for the rest of your life... Good thing you were born cute.." How simply cruel, but honest she was! And does ANYONE believe for even a second that she didn't know that the snake was there? I mean, C'mon, it's like a co-worker trying to sneak McDonalds past you in their jacket... Doesn't work! You smell it on them the moment they come within 5 feet of you!

Well the be honest I think Shinobu admiting someone was cute next to her is techinally a big thing according to herslef of course. Although from the looks of things I'd say that Sengoku-chan pretty much wanted to try to stop playing the victim here, but at the same time it's the only thing she knows what to do.

Also, it seems that she prety much is flaking on how to fix up her class after the charms incident that happened in Karen-chan's story though. more or less it's most likely that since it had nothing to do with her then why should she even bother to try and fix a problem that she didn't cause here. Although for her techer to beg her to fix it only makes me wonder why he couldn't do it himself since it is kind of a big deal for a class rep to handle all by herself here.

Although I did like how she had a backbone with telling the serpent to leave her alone during school hours here. It makes me wonder if she was hiding her true personality due to the fact that she was always the quiet one in class. That now reminds me of an old saying that goes, "It's always the quiet ones you have to look out for."
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Sep 30 2013, 12:06 AM)it seems that she prety much is flaking on how to fix up her class after the charms incident that happened in Karen-chan's story though. more or less it's most likely that since it had nothing to do with her then why should she even bother to try and fix a problem that she didn't cause here. Although for her techer to beg her to fix it only makes me wonder why he couldn't do it himself since it is kind of a big deal for a class rep to handle all by herself here.

Although I did like how she had a backbone with telling the serpent to leave her alone during school hours here. It makes me wonder if she was hiding her true personality due to the fact that she was always the quiet one in class. That now reminds me of an old saying that goes, "It's always the quiet ones you have to look out"
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Sep 29 2013, 11:29 PM)Man, Shinobu I HARSH! I mean the way that she systematically deconstructed the poor girl was just merciless. "Just have Kyomi worry about you for the rest of your life... Good thing you were born cute.." How simply cruel, but honest she was! And does ANYONE believe for even a second that she didn't know that the snake was there? I mean, C'mon, it's like a co-worker trying to sneak McDonalds past you in their jacket... Doesn't work! You smell it on them the moment they come withinif you thought Shinobu was mean then you must watch out for Tsukihi in ep.14! o.0 she can kill you if you aren't honest with her, or simply if she's fed up with all your excuses so Nadeko had no choice but to confess she is in love with her onii-chan... but knows very well she can't stand a chance against Gahara-sama ¬¬ no wonder why she finally exploded meeting again her teacher, after so much stress specially by wanting her hair to grow back (turning into snakes in the upcoming arc finale)
ohmy.gif

I don't know why but this very episode pretty much made me want to jump sihp from being a Senjogahara fan to a Sengouku fan. To think she looked rather hot when she more or less snapped at not only her teacher but to her classmates as well.

Also, for her to want Araragi-kun to fall for her as her wish was rather touching since I think she didn't know how to try and get him to like her. Granted he's currently with Senjogahara and more or less stuck with Shinobu-chan too.

I'm getting the feeling that this part was the point where she more or less had to outright kill him if she wanted to move on with her life I guess. I mean from what the first episode of this arc showed I think this might of been the reason why she picked a fight with him and Shinobu-chan.
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 06 2013, 12:22 AM)
I'm getting the feeling that this part was the point where she more or less had to outright kill him if she wanted to move on with her life I guess. I mean from what the first episode of this arc showed I think this might of been the reason why she picked a fight with him and Shinobu-chan.

No way she had to kill him, the snake is obviously making her waste time so it can slowly resonate with her personality. At first she said just leave and don't make any trouble for me once your body is found. The snake agreed, but instead insisted on her making a wish. I think her wish or desire is something along the lines of being at the same level so that she can even compete against senjogahara, but that eventually leads to her becoming one with the snake. Like a double edged sword. I guess she became a snake god.

Well with her now being a snake god it seems that she's going to be the one to kill off Araragi-kun's living harem here. And here I thought Senjogahara was going to be the one to do something like that if it actually came down to it.
laugh.gif

Still I kind of wonder if they are going to continue that part of the story or go into the other portions and save the fight with her for last here. I mean it kind of feels like the end all be all part of the entire series it would seem.

QUOTE (blandead41 @ Oct 12 2013, 04:51 AM)No way she had to kill him, the snake is obviously making her waste time so it can slowly resonate with her personality. At first she said just leave and don't make any trouble for me once your body is found. The snake agreed, but instead insisted on her making a wish. I think her wish or desire is something along the lines of being at the same level so that she can even compete against senjogahara, but that eventually leads to her becoming one with the snake. Like a double edged sword. I guess she became a snake god.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 12 2013, 05:46 PM)Still I kind of wonder if they are going to continue that part of the story or go into the other portions and save the fight with her for last here. I mean it kind of feels like the end all be all part of the entire seriesthe issue with Nadeko is deceiving herself with snake delusions since she knew that her adored onii-chan dates Gahara, who manipulated her giving them half year to prepare his harem left and fight that snake goddess as 'final boss' o.0... scary to see her yandere side transform into a yangire monster by jealousy like happened with Hanekawa in 'Tsubasa Cat', about that arc and Nisemonogatari I hope Shaft will stop trolling us after this recap in ep.16 (sadly no toothbrush) :/
oh the next arc will be Onimonogatari ^^ even more screentime for Shinobu
biggrin.gif

So I got behind on this series and last night was able to catch up by basically marathoning the entire Medusa arc in one sitting. Wow, nice one! The whole self-delusion thing was super, and that ending... Wow. So it all comes back to that original conversation Nadeko had with that "So-called Niece" as Shinobu calls Ougi Oshino. As explained, Nadeko was Nadeko and everything was going to roll in that direction anyway, but the one piece of information she didn't have was what the "bookmark" was, and that was the critical bit in her becoming a FREAKING GOD. After this, is there anyone who still thinks she's the most boring character in the show? Anyway, back to Ougi... Shinobu seems to know more than a little about her so it makes you wonder why she has no apparent inclination to deal with her. You know, make a nice little oddity snack out of her, or whatever.

So, on to the next arc, where we see more...

Kyūketsuki panchi!!!

Shinobu sure is perv-blocking Araragi all over the place now, isn't she? I'm not sure I like that turn of events.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back