Miss Monochrome S3 & Girlfriend (Kari)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
x
Titles: Girl Friend BETA / Miss Monochrome -The Animation-
Japanese: ガールフレンド(仮) / ミス・モノクローム -The Animation-
Airing dates: 12/10/2014 (TV series 12 episodes) and 1/10/2013 (13 short length episodes + 2 OVAs)
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Game, School, Music, Slice of Life
Original creator: CyberAgent (GF)
Original character designers: QP:flapper (GF) and Yui Horie (MM)
Directors: Naotaka Hayashi (GF) and Yoshiaki Iwasaki (MM)
Written by: Michiko Yokote (GF) and Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (MM)
Music by: Kenji Kawai (GF) and Okawa Shigenobu (MM)
Character designers: Noriko Tsutsumiya (GF) and Yūki Morimoto (MM)
Character design assistant: Naoto Nakamura (MM)
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa (MM)
Musical producer: Starchild Records (MM)
Studios: Silver Link (GF), Liden Films and SANZIGEN (MM)
Network: TV Tokyo
Opening theme (GF): "Tanoshiki Tokimeki (楽しきトキメキ)" by Neuron★Creamsoft
Ending theme (GF): "Hareru kanaa (はれるかなぁ)" by Kokomi Shiina (Satomi Sato)
OP theme (MM): "Monochrome (モノクローム)" by Miss Monochrome (Yui Horie)
ED theme (MM): "Poker Face (ポーカーフェイス)" by Miss Monochrome (Yui Horie)
GF cast:
Kokomi Shiina (椎名心実) voiced by Satomi Satō
Akane Sakurai (櫻井明音) voiced by Rina Satō
Fumio Murakami (村上文緒) voiced by Kaori Nazuka
Chloe Lemaire (クロエ・ルメール) voiced by Sakura Tange
Erena Mochizuki (望月エレナ) voiced by Hitomi Harada
MM cast:
Miss Monochrome (ミスモノクローム) voiced by Yui Horie
Maneo (マネオ) voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
Kikuko (KIKUKO) voiced by Kikuko Inoue
Mana (マナ) voiced by Akemi Kanda
Ru-chan (ルーちゃん) voiced by ?
Supporting GF:
Nonoka Sasahara (笹原 野々花) voiced by Haruka Tomatsu
Yuzuko Hazuki (葉月 柚子) voiced by Kaori Ishihara
Kanata Amatsu (天都 かなた) voiced by Kikuko Inoue
Isuzu Shiranui (不知火 五十鈴) voiced by Aoi Yūki
Koruri Tokitani (時谷 小瑠璃) voiced by Yukari Tamura
Mahiro Natsume (夏目 真尋) voiced by Minori Chihara
Saya Kagurazaka (神楽坂 砂夜) voiced by Minako Kotobuki
Mutsumi Shigino (鴫野 睦) voiced by Minami Tsuda
Nao Miyoshi (見吉 奈央) voiced by Maaya Uchida
Matsuri Kagami (加賀美 茉莉) voiced by Rie Kugimiya
Rino Suzukawa (鈴河 凜乃) voiced by Emiri Katō
Shinobu Kokonoe (九重 忍) voiced by Houko Kuwashima
Remi Tamai (玉井 麗巳) voiced by Noriko Shitaya
Tsugumi Harumiya (春宮 つぐみ) voiced by Ayahi Takagaki
Haruko Yumesaki (夢前 春瑚) voiced by Ai Kayano
Momoko Asahina (朝比奈 桃子) voiced by Yui Ogura
Kinoko Himejima (姫島 木乃子) voiced by Kaori Mizuhashi
Haruka Kazemachi (風町 陽歌) voiced by Saori Hayami
Kyōko Tachibana (橘 響子) voiced by Ryōko Shintani
Raimu Nejikawa (螺子川 来夢) voiced by Aki Toyosaki
Marika Saeki (佐伯 鞠香) voiced by Kanae Itō
Nagiko Kurokawa (黒川 凪子) voiced by Saori Gotō
Kurumi Etō (江藤 くるみ) voiced by Aya Suzaki
Nae Yuuki (優木 苗) voiced by Rina Hidaka
Ichigo Kohinata (小日向 いちご) voiced by Ayana Taketatsu
Nozomi Miyauchi (宮内 希) voiced by Ryou Hirohashi
Tomo Oshii (押井 知) voiced by Saki Fujita
Saeko Arisugawa (有栖川 小枝子) voiced by Mai Nakahara
Chizuru Onodera (小野寺 千鶴) voiced by Yuko Gibu
Kazuha Kumada (熊田 一葉) voiced by Ayane Sakura
Emi Sagara (相楽 エミ) voiced by Nao Tōyama
Hina Niigaki (新垣 雛菜) voiced by Madoka Yonezawa
Sumire Yomogida (蓬田 菫) voiced by Hiromi Igarashi
Akari Amari (甘利 燈) voiced by Chinatsu Akasaki
Michiru Tomura (戸村 美知留) voiced by Kana Asumi
Yukie Yatsuka (八束 由紀恵) voiced by Asami Imai
Yōko Tsukishiro (月白 陽子) voiced by Aya Endou
Isuki Ishida (石田 いすき) voiced by Chiaki Omigawa
Shizuko Tōdō (藤堂 静子) voiced by Atsuko Tanaka
Akiho Shigetō (重藤 秋穂) voiced by Megumi Toyoguchi
Yurara Mishima (三嶋 ゆらら) voiced by Kaori Fukuhara
Shiori Shiratori (白鳥 詩織) voiced by Mikako Takahashi
Yuzuki Kiriyama (桐山 優月) voiced by Mai Kadowaki
Kise Yukawa (湯川 基世) voiced by Hisako Kanemoto
Makoto Hiragi (柊 真琴) voiced by Miho Arakawa
GF PV: http://www.youtube.com/embed/fS29q-Fcbo4?rel=0&autoplay=1
MM PV#1 (15s): http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/miss_mo...me/swf/pv15.swf
MM PV#2 (30s): http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/miss_mo...me/swf/pv30.swf
Official Miss Monochrome x Girl Friend Beta site:
Anime series sites:

Synopsis:
A TV anime adaptation of the Girlfriend (Kari) mobile game where players can have girlfriends through playing the game. "Miss Monochrome" is an original character design from seiyuu Horie Yui. In March 2012, she first used the "Miss Monochrome" character as a 3D virtual singer to sing her songs at her concert "Horie Yui wo Meguru Bouken III ~Secret Mission Tour~". Later, the character appeared in a range of merchandise as well as in the social network game "Girlfriend (Beta)". According to the setting, Miss Monochrome loves only the monochrome style, dislikes all kinds of color, and always dreams about changing the world into her favorite monochrome color.

Necropinion: so now we have a "monochromatic themed" character this season kinda like Danganronpa's Monokuma last summer, at least i'm more curious to see what will happen next than the first short episodes of 'Super Seisyun Brothers' :/... maybe it'll turn out into an enjoyable fun little series for not having standard length eps, but i dont discard dropping if it doesn't; Ex: droplist candidate - PS 4/10QUOTE (Masich @ Sep 19 2014, 02:27 PM)Girl Friend Beta (Romance? or are we going Harem? what is the truth!?)

hmm, i just saw the first episode and not to sure about this one. They even used a cleaning robot as a sort of friend for Miss Monochrome (did they want to have a competitor for the Monogatari one?). I think it may become better as Miss Monochrome seems to lack common knowledge and that can give some good scenes. However it can become repetative soon...first episode is for me just a 6 out of 10 for now.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Oct 02 2013, 01:44 PM)They even used a cleaning robot as a sort of friend for Miss Monochrome (did they want to have a competitor for the Monogatari one?). I think it may become better as Miss Monochrome seems to lack common knowledge and that can give some good scenes.sadly Ru-chan just 'died' in ep.2 o.0 did she even try to recharge its battery before burying it? or fix it somewhere, maybe Maneo will do either or buy her a new robot ¬¬ now that I think about his name and Mana they're puns of the word manager... about her: lesson #1 "never trust abandoned lolis because most likely they'll steal your money" :/ poor Monochrome-chan, tragedy after tragedy in her idol career -.- I guess that's the main reason why I'll keep watching it like I did with Watamote
tongue.gif

Well after watching the first two episodes I decided that this might be silly yet fun to watch.

With that said I think since Miss Monochrome is more or less an android she ight think that if you don't make it to the recharge station that only means that you are dead. Not only that but Ru-chan did get stuffed up with all the paperwork she left lying around, so that might of been the other reason as to why she burried it.
rolleyes.gif

Although I have to say I kind of wonder how she's going to become an idol while she has a manager from a convience store trying to make her into a legitamate idol here. I have to say I give the credit to the guy for trying to help her out.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Silendris @ Oct 09 2013, 03:23 AM)R-Ru-chan...no... T____T
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 09 2013, 02:45 AM)I think since Miss Monochrome is more or less an android she ight think that if you don't make it to the recharge station that only means that you are dead. Not only that but Ru-chan did get stuffed up with all the paperwork she left lying around, so that might of been the other reason as to why she burried it.

Although I have to say I kind of wonder how she's going to become an idol while she has a manager from a convience store trying to make her into a legitamate idol here. I have to say I give the credit to the guy for trying to help herquoting Frankenstein's famous words as Halloween will be in 2 weeks: 'IT'S ALIVE!' ^^ i guess that we'll never know what happened between ep.3 and 2, but maybe it was one of the reasons posted above... good to see Ru-chan is back but also it can turn into 'Saint Monochrome's Gold Cloth thanx to Maneo's battery, despite nobody give her credit for saving Earth is she doomed to never be popular like Mokochi?
sleep.gif

2 episodes later and she isn't popular yet :/ unlike the Nendoroid toy she made based from herself in ep'4 -.- which is ironic, it's like if in RL the idol and seiyuu Yui Horie had less popularity than her own creation ¬¬ now THAT would suck... talking about irony in ep'5 Monochrome-chan was thinking what kind of cosplay to do for Halloween, isn't she already cosplaying the way she usually is? ;p also a hat-like internet antenna would be an useful accessory for her action figure
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Busujima Saeko @ Dec 06 2013, 12:00 AM)LOL i really love this short anime, it's so funny..
tongue.gif
welcome to Fansub.TV ^^ good to see i'm not the only one enjoying this 'guilty pleasure' of mine, it isn't as a bad as I thought at first after many disappointing short series lately except for Puchimas... i'm glad they'll do a season 2 ;p about Monochrome-chan she has done almost anything to stand out as idol, so far for me the weirdest was that prequel ep.9 where Kikuko promised to meet again
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Busujima Saeko @ Dec 25 2013, 02:36 AM)so they will be the second seasons? that's great..
wub.gif
not really S2 but she'll get more screentime in Girlfriend Kari, dunno how much about its other 50 girls telling by ep.1... only 12 eps :/ in her OVA she supports Japan for the World cup, her latest cameo was in Shounen Hollywood ep.10
laugh.gif

So a sort of cameo appearance in the series Girlfriend Kari..that is too bad as i actually liked the Monochrome series. After the first episode it became better and was worth 7.5 out of 10 for me. The OVA was also fun.

well ep. 2 is mainly about Kokomi's diet and melon buns, what makes me laugh is the funny way how most of the girls talk... specially the french girl Chloe so I think that's why Monochrome-san is part of its cast ;p who'll be next, Chaika?
tongue.gif

OVA 2 was nice. Funny to see that the only thing Mono-chan can do is be a mannequin. Mono-chan picked up something important this time around though. Now she just needs to focus on improving (destroying the wall ain't improving
smile.gif
)

Thanks NecroRyu for reminding me of the release.

so ep.11 was a funny Xmas episode debuting Chloe's dad, but Ms. Monochrome appeared many times without talking!... despite it's fitting for an android i hope she'll get more lines tomorrow, i wonder too in what new series she'll be next
tongue.gif

So a second season of Miss Monochrome. The misunderstanding about the album and tour was a nice feature. However the best part was the remembrance of her previous achievements. The reaction of her of doing the famous i still remember it clearly while in reality it was just ago was very good.
Hope that this season can remain interesting
smile.gif

Miss Monochrome: The Animation 2, a bit longer episodes (in OP and ED too) ;p

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 4 2015, 6:26 AM)The reaction of her of doing the famous i still remember it clearly while in reality it was just ago was very goodalso nice to see her promoter, a new gal instead of that scam loli back in ep'2
tongue.gif

Well after watching a few episodes of the new season of Miss Monochrome I have to say I really do like Yayoi's persona when she's behind the wheel here. I mean she reminds me of a wonderful hot-headed, DFC, CPU here. Yes I'm talking about Lady White Heart (A.k.A Blanc in HDD Mode) here. I mean it kind of makes my day hearing that VA now.
tongue.gif

Yayoi is surprisingly good at her work. To be able to reserve so many places for a concert is indeed a sign of a good promoter. Did you notice the song list
laugh.gif
?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back