Megaupload Shutdown

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE ('Kit-Tsukasa')In other news, anyone think this site is a scam to replace megaupload? http://www.anonyupload.com/

The problem is anyone can pretend to be a member of anonymous. So you have no certitude that the one hosting this site is truly anonymous. By saying that, I mean they are asking for donation but what if the site closes up when they will receive their donations ?

I prefer to consider this site as a troll site for the moment and wait. (Call me paranoiac, I don't care xD)

Personally I think it might be best to avoid all of the public fileshareing sites at the moment. There all going to be looking to save their skin right now.

I have to agree with you on that Maiku-dono, since pretty much things are going to be rather turbulant as of late so it looks like I'll have to learn how to torrent like either on this thread or the SOPA thread.
unsure.gif

At least until these massive waves tend to reciede and everyone tends to calm down afterall.
sleep.gif

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Jan 23 2012, 11:53 PM) Personally I think it might be best to avoid all of the public fileshareing sites at the moment. There all going to be looking to save their skin right now.
Its what I'm kinda doing since I have the luxury of having Netflix free for 1 month. However, I'm still getting bits and bobs of some of the working cyberlockers.
rolleyes.gif

Here's an article I came across on Facebook: -

http://torrentfreak.com/cyberlocker-ecosys...-action-120123/

After the protest blackout on SOPA, within one week seen almost all public fileshare host go out of business or stop sharing completely. China and Korea hosts might be the only one who will stand up.

Did you see my note about mIRC!
ohmy.gif

Very extensive post link from JC.

Here is a shorten version:

EDIT 3: Uploading.com is deleting all the affiliate accounts as well. Another one bites the dust. Here's a recap of what's happening right now:

- MegaUpload - Closed.
- FileServe - Closed. Does not sell premium.
- FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
- UploadStation - Deleting accounts. Locked in US.
- FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
- Uploading.com - Deleting accounts.
- VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.
- Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
- FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
- Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
- 4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
- MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
-Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
- Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
- Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOUP / PIPA
- Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOUP / PIPA
- ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOUP / PIPA

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Jan 24 2012, 07:44 AM) does this all mean that in the future, we cant download anything any-more (anime etc) unless we pay money ? why the f**K did megaupload have to shut-down !??? is this all because of SOPA and that PIPA crap ?!!!!

what the hell are we supposed to do now ?!
as mentioned by Kit-Tsukasa in the first post of this thread "Megaupload has been shut down by US officials due to online piracy, it seems that this is the target of SOPA and PIPA (unsurprisingly) as they attract the largest amount of downloaders" ...this is looking even more serious day by day so I suggest you to read the previous posts and the ones related in the thoughtful section, http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=10374 most of the answers and momentary solutions you're looking for are already written in both topics explained with more detail

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jan 24 2012, 05:25 AM) as mentioned by Kit-Tsukasa in the first post of this thread "Megaupload has been shut down by US officials due to online piracy, it seems that this is the target of SOPA and PIPA (unsurprisingly) as they attract the largest amount of downloaders" ...this is looking even more serious day by day so I suggest you to read the previous posts and the ones related in the thoughtful section, http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=10374 most of the answers and momentary solutions you're looking for are already written in both topics explained with more detail
Except SOPA and PIPA have nothing to do with the megaupload case. The FBI has been on this case for over 2 years. It's just they never had the evidence to arrest them or issue a search warrant. Not to mention to set up the coordination for all the arrests in one day.

QUOTE - Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
That's news to me. Are they implying mIRC could lose bot hosting? Also, torrents are not entirely safe either. Private trackers would be the way to go, but then you could run into problems like BakaBT (or formerly boxtorrents) a few years back with the foreign license issues.

Also, x7.to has also shut down.

Imo though as much as there are lots of File hosting sites shutting down, it quite possible many are just laying low for a moment, to take them out of the grid for the time being. I just find it too unrealistc too everything to comepletely shutdown so far Im no having problems with Rapidshare, let's hope it sticks that way although THERE is a possibility.

And even if everything does shutdown more or less new ways would be deviated to instill piracy, but it may take time if it does happen.

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Jan 24 2012, 01:18 PM) And even if everything does shutdown more or less new ways would be deviated to instill piracy, but it may take time if it does happen.
Pretty much that might be the thing that's going to happen. I mean I'm sure the file hosting groups are taking things out because the FBI deciding to be childish over this and pretty much slap everyone that uses them with a fresh tuna fish to the face if you will.

Also, with them pulling down MegaUpload the day right after the internet protest pretty much shows that they might of timed it, but probablly didn't expect much retaliation at all. Although it makes me wonder if they had the idea that this would of been a response for them to complain about not having SOPA and/or PIPA in thier toolbox of attacking web sites.

In any case this incident will still cause major shockwaves for people that just want to watch an anime series they were following or wanted to follow since it was never licensed in the US, or happens to be out of print for quite sometime. So it may take a while before things calm down again. Granted if they do re-introduce those two bills again pretty much the internet my turn into a "virtual warzone" if you will. I mean I'm sure it'll be the same in DC if they do this again.
sleep.gif

In any case I'm just speculating here so I honestly don't know when or if things will calm down at all, but I'd be supprised if the so called End of the World in 2012 was really caused by the Internet going down like that.
sleep.gif
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 25 2012, 05:06 AM) Pretty much that might be the thing that's going to happen. I mean I'm sure the file hosting groups are taking things out because the FBI deciding to be childish over this and pretty much slap everyone that uses them with a fresh tuna fish to the face if you will.

Also, with them pulling down MegaUpload the day right after the internet protest pretty much shows that they might of timed it, but probablly didn't expect much retaliation at all. Although it makes me wonder if they had the idea that this would of been a response for them to complain about not having SOPA and/or PIPA in thier toolbox of attacking web sites.

In any case this incident will still cause major shockwaves for people that just want to watch an anime series they were following or wanted to follow since it was never licensed in the US, or happens to be out of print for quite sometime. So it may take a while before things calm down again. Granted if they do re-introduce those two bills again pretty much the internet my turn into a "virtual warzone" if you will. I mean I'm sure it'll be the same in DC if they do this again.
sleep.gif

In any case I'm just speculating here so I honestly don't know when or if things will calm down at all, but I'd be supprised if the so called End of the World in 2012 was really caused by the Internet going down like that.
sleep.gif
unsure.gif

DC has pretty much been a warzone in games for the last decade wouldn't suprised if it actually came true
tongue.gif
cuz of the sheer stupidity of the people there.

I swear to God Being a politician is mutually exclusive to having a decent Intelligence nowadays
rolleyes.gif

Well CBS and company got their fairshare when Anon completely Nuked their site (as in delete everything)

wasdownloadingeroerokawaisshhstufffromfileservefilesonicmegauploadandtheyarenowgoneFTW

Pretty much the only thing a polotician does in the US anymore is get ellected, do whatever the hell they want and ignore why they were put there, ...., get re-elected, profit.

I mean some politicians pretty much see just running for elections and winning them as thier actual carrer it would seem. That and people blindly voting down the partyline at times doesn't help in the system either.
rolleyes.gif

But I digress. In any case I have to say that eventually Anon will try and om nom the Internet just because they were agitated over this issue. I mean if they didn't do it the day after and a few days later I'm sure that they would of been caught red-handed over some legal issues here.
sleep.gif

QUOTE (blanmgr @ Jan 24 2012, 01:04 PM) - Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.

This is F**King horrible. Please for the love of god..."leave and forget mIRC" to the US Government, FBI and all affiliated faggots that are trying to ruin the internet, not IRC...please no. I need it and so does most of this world.

I saw 3 videos on youtube...could be Anon or just plain fake. I'm not too sure tbh. I want it to be true.
ph34r.gif

1st Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LlaF2AoL-o
2nd Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-qqEzF-Ec8
3rd Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVSQ3JIgIXE

QUOTE (blanmgr @ Jan 24 2012, 01:04 PM) - Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
Kindly explain this one please?
Mirc is simply 1 irc client, it has nothing to do with file transfers, and IRC is hundreds of networks and thousands of servers all over the world, you can't just pull the plug on irc. So unless you have some actual evidence to back up your claim I'm not going to panic over that.

A note to all of you on torrents, for your own safty, use DHT mode and go trackerless.
Do this by:
Down load torrent file from nyaa or wahtever.
Add to torrent client but DO NOT START it.
In that torrent, go to trackers.
Delete ALL the trackers except for DHT and local peer discovery.

Also use something like peerblock

That will prevent your IP ending up on a tracker. The only way they'd see you is if you happen to be on the same network as one of their sniffer clients.

Now the important question, has anyone seen any ANIME stuff targeted yet?

While that is up to questioning but it seems that any anime uploaded over the past few days on to some of the sites listed in this thread tend to get taken down. I'm not talking about the other stuff, I'm taking about the more recient items as in shows that were posted up last week or more.

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Jan 24 2012, 11:39 PM) so how the hell r we supposed to download stuff !? does this all mean that its the end of downloading animes ?! does it mean that fansub and other sites like animetake will get taken down ?!!!!!!
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

i am hell worried now coz of these stupid FBIs..... f**k them !!! i will die if i cant download animes in the future.... anime to me is like an equivalent of oxygen and water
Maybe yes maybe no. Chances are it's the latter since people who are tech savvy enough will find ways around it. It's a matter of whether or not those who are not savvy enough are willing to take the risk to continue downloading.

Sites like Animetake probably won't get hit since they only share links that are uploaded (both DDL and torrents). If anything, animetake will shut down like hsbsitez since there's nothing left for them to host. No use for them to continue paying the domain name. What the government is after are those sites that directly host the content. So FTV is a possibility and thus we are likely going to need to reconsider how the site will run in the near future.

Also, you might not be able to download anime, but you will still be able to stream them via CrunchyRoll and the like. The main issue would be those titles that remain unlicensed and of course become lost gems. A great example from the last two years would be Ano Hana and Bakemonogatari.

IRC, torrents, and to some extend ed2k are the easiest ways right now. However, I don't recommend ed2k as it's basically like "advanced" limewire and if you don't know how to use it, you are likely asking for trouble. Torrents are somewhat save and out of all of them right now, IRC is probably the best bet (so long as mirc doesn't get rid of bot hosting)

QUOTE Now the important question, has anyone seen any ANIME stuff targeted yet?
Yes. In the indictment for Megaupload, Fruits Basket and animefreak.tv were specifically singled out as one of the most downloaded/watched titles via megaupload. I haven't looked if any other specific titles are mentioned but it's likely what prompted most sites to include anime as content to pull.

Also, a reminder to everyone, please be mindful of your language. I know many people are raging over what is going on right now but let's try to keep the conversation tamed.

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Jan 25 2012, 08:21 AM)i am so worried now ... what if youtube and all those sites get shut down ?! how the hell are we supposed to watch anime !!??
Youtube have been pulling anime since google took them over almost, especially when that max of 10 mins video limit was put on.

As for the 'how are you/(we) supposed to' question, well your not. Simply put, we're not supposed to be doing any of that.

Anime Fansubs for the most part were tollerated in the early days because 1) Noone cared about the western market. 2) It helped market it to that small western market. 3)it was so small scale it wasnt considered worth it.

Then came the US anime Co's and things started to get a bit more serious for a western market, but still wasnt a huge deal for the Japanese companies, so unlicensed stuff was again ignored.

Now, the japanese companies have realised that they can add in english subs and sell it themselves for the same prices in Japan. Let the forigners buy that, or if not they don't care. No need to worry about comtaminating the Japanese market with cheaper US releases (their big issue) nor bother running US/EU based operations (cough namco/bandi shutting down house) or bothering about licences, just add some subs and more profit. (and again, if no sale no care).

What this means is now the non-licensed stuff is no longer tollerated, and if given the chance to blanket support a large law enforcement agencies foreign investigation to kill off all downloads with a simple thumbs up, they will.

So yes, right now I'd say fansubs are in serious danger. I suspect what will happen is a new file shareing medium will be created, just like what happened before with ed2k, kazza etc, we'll see some new more secure p2p type of thing come up from somewhere, which will probably popup within a couple months of the FBI killing off most of the current mainstream methods.

Or maybe everyone will switch over to Tor and in the process we'll see people running Tor nodes all over the place. Maybe we could move FTV off of the open internet entirely and move it to Tor, Fansub.onion anyone? lol.

Edit:
Btw, I though this was quite funny, if your in the US make sure you sign it lol
Investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery
and the story here

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back