Manga Recommendation

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Well i brought volume 2 of Girls btravo the other day, and inside i got a leaflet about other Manga from Tokyopop, and i was wondering for your input on some ofb the ones to buy.

SGT Frog, Fruit Basket, and Tarot Prey (or something like that) and i was wondering if they are worth me buying,

Oh and is a Manga by Tite Kubo worth buying, its the one he did before Bleach, anygood ?

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jul 06 2007, 08:24 AM) Well i brought volume 2 of Girls btravo the other day, and inside i got a leaflet about other Manga from Tokyopop, and i was wondering for your input on some ofb the ones to buy.

SGT Frog, Fruit Basket, and Tarot Prey (or something like that) and i was wondering if they are worth me buying,

Oh and is a Manga by Tite Kubo worth buying, its the one he did before Bleach, anygood ?
Hiasubi, Zombie Powder is BRILLANT....but unfortunately....the story was never finished...I really hope that Tite Kubo goes back to it and continues it. Wolfina is such a great character..............I feel sorry for her.
laugh.gif

Fruit Basket is worth buying.....it had about 20~ish volumes with about over 130 chapters or something like that........I obviously read the scanlations...lol.

Keroro...hmmm Sergeant Frog....u would have to buy it...its not scanlated at all I think...I bought the 1st volume and it was addictive....its like School Rumble but not as good as School Rumble.

Tarot Prey......u mean "The Tarot Cafe"...I've read up to volume 4 and its great but its confusing at first....its got good gore, romance...the art is brillant...hmmm...let me think..what else ?? >.> Let's just say its a big mixture.
laugh.gif

Ahhhhh....damn Girls Bravo....I haven't read anything after chapter 19....the scanlations are sooooooo slow....not sure which volume the manga is published up to in the UK...all I know is that there is only 10 volumes.
wink.gif

NHK is a definite must read.............only 8 volumes but easily one of the best reads I've done in a while.......super-tragic, super-romance, super-horrifying and super-funny!! XD
laugh.gif

Also...........XXXHolic....its GUREITOOOOO!!! >.<

Hiasubi, where you gonna buy the manga ??? At Forbidden Planet or Boarders ??
rolleyes.gif

Fobbidden Plant, its only 20 minute walk form my house, but i gets annoying buying from them cause they have some Volumes missing, so if possible i buy them from Amazon, i would go with Scans but i dont know a decent sight.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jul 06 2007, 09:01 AM) Fobbidden Plant, its only 20 minute walk form my house, but i gets annoying buying from them cause they have some Volumes missing, so if possible i buy them from Amazon, i would go with Scans but i dont know a decent sight.
As in the Central London (Shaftsbury Avenue) by tube it takes me about 30~40 minutes long......its a big store but none of the workers there are **TRUE** otakus....it pisses me off...lol.
laugh.gif

~Sorry 4 off-top~

Hmmmm a recommendation would be most of the one-shot mangas that were scanlated by Tenshi-Tachi like Caramel Boy which was funny....but only like 1 or 2 chapters long....about 45 pages...too short but sweet.

Hot Gimmick....is reallllllllllllllly GOOD!! U must read it and also Tokyo Shounen Shoujo (Tokyo Boys & Girl).

U got the PM yet Hiasubi ??
rolleyes.gif

Yeah just got it, proabably check 'em out when i get home 'cause the chance are they wil be blocked like most websites on the schools system.

Yeah ive noticed that people who work in the FP near me dont have any interst in Manga and Anime, i know this 'cause i tried to get a job there, (got be the first time i wanted a job in my life) and i was introduced into all the staff there and i aske dwhat Anime/ Manga they were intersted in/like etc....... and it turned out out none of the read or watch either they prefer to watch Soap Opreas and Sitcoms, i was truely unpleased and didnt go for the interveiw
sad.gif

But yeah ill see if i can get hold of Tarot Cafe or Sgt Frog then
smile.gif

As for the the Girls Bravo Manga i think they go up to number 10 or further cause i was browsing Amazon and i rember seeing up to Volume 13.

I was reading "B. Reaction!" this morning...only 9 chapters have been scanlated and released........its really good.....ECCHI + Martial Arts...NICE!! XD Sadly, the manga apparently ends at Chapter 18 (only 2 volumes long..boo-boo)....I wish it was longer.
sad.gif
The author is "Tsuruta Hirohisa" and he's apparently the guy behind Natsuki Crisis and Benten-sama ni wa Iwanaide but at Manga-Updates (Baka-updates)....it states that the guy only worked on B.Reaction!...........I'm not sure. Chapter 9 was scanlated and released back in Feb 2007............really slow scanlating.
dry.gif
Ah well, I hope Chapter 10 comes out soon.
rolleyes.gif

Plot:

Onodera Kensaku, a self taught martial artist, undefeated street fighter gets his ass whipped by a girl. Not by just any girl, but his home room teacher Asato Nanae and her High Left Kick. You'll see brilliant pictures of high quality in shading and facial expressions, with a twist of pervertal activities and one liners that will have your sides spilitting as you follow in the wake of Onodera's adventures to defeat Asato.

EDIT: -

My Lovely Ghost KANA, its a new mature manga.......really good...a love between a female ghost and normal living young guy......its really sweet and tragic. Only 2 chapters have been scanlated. The mangaka is Tanaka Yutaka.............its a BRILLANT Bittersweet manga.......I give it a 9/10.
biggrin.gif

Its still on-going.
biggrin.gif

Ill check it out when a couple more Chaptes get Scantalated then if your giving it a Nine.

Oh i was browsing some Manga to buy and fancied the Card Captor Sakura series but there were 3 choice and i didnt know which one comes first.

CCS
CCS: Master of the Clow

Which one comes first?

Well...actually they are all one thing. Okay the original CardCaptor Sakura manga was all together 12 volumes. Basically, when they brought this manga to the West...the split the manga into 2 parts literally.

CCS is the 1st part and CCS: Master of Clow is the 2nd part.....each part compromising of 6 volumes each. Hence, 6 + 6 = 12 volumes (complete).
wink.gif
The reason, is that the first 6 volumes and last 6 volumes focus on different things...coz of an event that happens in the middle.
rolleyes.gif

I haven't read a lot of manga. I would have to say that I spend much more time reading novels. While I definitely enjoy watching anime more than reading manga I have found that some of the artwork can be quite beautiful. Further, sometimes the manga can go beyond the end of the anime and tie up the lose ends.
  • Fruits Basket - I sought this out because the story goes far beyond that of the anime.
  • Aishiteruze Baby - A friend, Sam, suggested that the manga was better than the anime. I'm not too sure about that but I really enjoyed the anime and missed it when I finished watching it and this has provided me with another avenue to explore.
  • Chobits - It was a fun and sweet anime and the manga is just as enjoyable. I also think that a lot of the artwork is quite lovely.
  • Saiunkoku Monogatari - At times the storyline can be rather complex and sometimes the manga seems to describe situations with more clarity than the anime. The drawings are very rich in detail and visually appealing.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jul 10 2007, 11:59 AM) The reason, is that the first 6 volumes and last 6 volumes focus on different things...coz of an event that happens in the middle.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah i know what happens in the middle, but since that is cleared up ill probably buy them in a couple of weeks then once ive finally got my last Volume of Love Hina finally i can read it when ever i want
smile.gif

everyone, you must, and i emphasise, MUST read this webcomic. it's megatokyo, written by Fred Gallagher, (gasp, an english manga!) and it is worth buying. I got it at Kinokuniya at TGV in Sydney for AUS$12 each. It was originally a webcomic, but i decided to buy the books (all 5) because it's just so good! Oh yea, and did i mention that its being picked up by the largest Japanese publishing company to translate it into Japanese?

The story setup: Two friends Piro and Largo decide to go to tokyo on a whim, and are stuck there. Hilarity ensues. Largo does not own a passport, and enters Japan on a Mortal Kombat visa. They spend all their money, and are stuck there till they can raise enough funds to go back home.

http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=1

The press release
http://www.megatokyo.com/pr/Megatokyo-Koda...ressRelease.pdf

May be it's not too famous, but I like it: Seigi no Mikata (ally of justice). The story is funny. It's about the main character's demonic sister. And also, Unbalance x Unbalance, a manhwa. Too bad that the translation's already stalled for 1 month.

You can read them at Daily-Manga.net

QUOTE (andre @ Jul 13 2007, 11:28 AM) everyone, you must, and i emphasise, MUST read this webcomic. it's megatokyo, written by Fred Gallagher, (gasp, an english manga!) and it is worth buying. I got it at Kinokuniya at TGV in Sydney for AUS$12 each. It was originally a webcomic, but i decided to buy the books (all 5) because it's just so good! Oh yea, and did i mention that its being picked up by the largest Japanese publishing company to translate it into Japanese?

The story setup: Two friends Piro and Largo decide to go to tokyo on a whim, and are stuck there. Hilarity ensues. Largo does not own a passport, and enters Japan on a Mortal Kombat visa. They spend all their money, and are stuck there till they can raise enough funds to go back home.

http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=1

The press release
http://www.megatokyo.com/pr/Megatokyo-Koda...ressRelease.pdf
Andre...yeah I heard of it....a long time ago....it was a massive hype back in the day...it used to written by both Fred and Rodney....thats when it was real good but because some argument (I'm not entirely sure) the two split and Rodney left Megatokyo...so now its being written by only Fred. Its good and old...buts its good.
laugh.gif

Yurikamome, Unbalance x Unbalance....is BRILLANT.....I feel the teacher is gonna get really jealous soon....hehehe I wonder how she will feel when she finds out that Caroline is her half-sister and her father lefty her and her family for a Brit wife.
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif

Seigi no Mikata....never heard of it but only 3 chapters scanlated...it looks well kinda *different*..not bad...hmmm I'll give it a try.
rolleyes.gif

Can somebody recomend some manga that similar to Pastel, Love Hina, or Fruits Basket? Well basicly im looking for a manga that has romance and some comedy in it...(btw i prefer manga that are completed)

QUOTE (megaheat @ Jul 22 2007, 03:00 PM) Can somebody recomend some manga that similar to Pastel, Love Hina, or Fruits Basket? Well basicly im looking for a manga that has romance and some comedy in it...(btw i prefer manga that are completed)
Ichigo 100% is another very good romantic comedy that I highly recommend and it is completed.
2 other good series, though still ongoing, are Suzuka and Mahou Sensei Negima. Suzuka seems to fit pretty well you're description of romance and some comedy. Mahou Sensei Negima isn't mainly a romance, but more of a comedy with action, and then a bit of romance, but not a whole lot. It is done by the same person as Love Hina though, Ken Akamatsu.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 22 2007, 01:10 PM) Ichigo 100% is another very good romantic comedy that I highly recommend and it is completed.
2 other good series, though still ongoing, are Suzuka and Mahou Sensei Negima. Suzuka seems to fit pretty well you're description of romance and some comedy. Mahou Sensei Negima isn't mainly a romance, but more of a comedy with action, and then a bit of romance, but not a whole lot. It is done by the same person as Love Hina though, Ken Akamatsu.
I already read Ichigo 100% and i watched the anime of suzuka (didnt like it much) and negima....

i was looking through some manga which i wanted to read and i was wondering if anybody knew any information about these two:

1)Kimi Wa Pet (Tramps Like Us)
I was looking at baka updates and they said that there were 14 volumes in japan, does anybody know how many are out in english?

2)Gokusen
saw the anime for it (it was HILARIOUS), and also it said that it was complete in japan, anybody know how many are out in english and if they're available?

i was looking around but couldn't really find much...so if anybody knows anything any help would be great! thanks!

Hibiki no Mahou o_o; volume comes out every nine months.

QUOTE (xxanime_junkyxx @ Aug 05 2007, 11:23 PM) 1)Kimi Wa Pet (Tramps Like Us)
I was looking at baka updates and they said that there were 14 volumes in japan, does anybody know how many are out in english?
Volume 13 is apparently coming out in October. You can check out more about it on the TokyoPop webpage: http://www.tokyopop.com/product/1311/TrampsLikeUs/13.html

Also, a post like this is probably better suited to the Manga Request Thread ...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back