Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
魔人探偵脳噛ネウロ 
Private Evil-Eye Nougami Neuro

Genre: Detective, supernatural
Premier: October 2007
Manga Official Website: Nougami Neuro
Animation Studio: Madhouse (That's what I have heard, but I haven't seen it listed in Madhouse project)
Original Manga Author: Matsui Yusei
Synopsis:
Yako Katsuragi's father was murdered in a locked room. The mystery plunges Yako's life into chaos until she meets a man named Neuro Nougami.
Neuro the Evil can eat only the "mystery" contrived by man's malice,who has been seeking "the ultimate mystery" which satisfies his brain's hunger eternally. But he can't publicly solve mysteries, because he's from the world downstairs. So he forces Yako to act the part of a detective, while he does all the real solving....

There is a fan-made flash animation of the OP if you are interested. It is available here.

Characters:
(I only put the two main characters, too lazy to put all to them here)
Nougami Neuro

Katsuragi Yako

Manga Covers:(Since the pics are small, I cannot post thumbnails for it)

th_61871_11_122_779lo.jpg
th_61875_12_122_506lo.jpg

Well we don't have many supernatural detective animes out right now so I will give them credit for being original. It sounds like the plot may be leaning toward the comedic route but I wouldn't mind seeing more of a dramatic dark toned anime. Jul10 I know you said you were lazy right now but are the manga cover pics in the spoiler supposed to be upside down lmao...

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Aug 06 2007, 10:09 PM) Jul10 I know you said you were lazy right now but are the manga cover pics in the spoiler supposed to be upside down lmao...
yeah, it is... check out the manga's volume numbers on the cover there. It is not upside-down right? And also the title is not upside down too. It is only the images that are upside-down. I don't know why they are doing this...

btw, if the animation will be taken care by MADHOUSE, I would expect more claymore like animation. It is not that bad though... (although I think the animation can be better, considering the advance of animation production nowadays ). well, as long as the story is interesting, I would be looking forward for this...

WTF.........are you serious.....this is gonna be turned into anime. The manga for this is utterly looney.....CRAAAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYYYY and yet soooo funny.

This is your replacement for Ghost Hunt but its more like Ghost Hunt + Zombie Loan + Red Garden + MADNESS!!!!! XDDDDD
biggrin.gif

Nerou, the demon "detective", he sniffs out riddles, and uses every means possible to "eat" mysteries......its like a **NEED** for him. There's not much detective work in the background, since Neuro can instantly tell what happened. But all of it is executed in such a disturbing way that I find it funny.
laugh.gif

Hmmmm so far there's only 7 chapters been scanlated, which kinda stopped scanlated last year...the group was Ecchi Troopers but recently Phase 3 Scans started a scanlation project on to Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.
rolleyes.gif

The first episode is actually out, but i haven't seen any subs so far... Any ideas as to which fansubbers are planning to sub it?

The first ep was hilarious. This anime has a light hearted atmosphere and the whole Demon guy thing is refreshing. Its like Case Closed, only you have a Demon who knows his stuff instead of a teenage boy.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Aug 07 2007, 03:34 AM) WTF.........are you serious.....this is gonna be turned into anime. The manga for this is utterly looney.....CRAAAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYYYY and yet soooo funny.

This is your replacement for Ghost Hunt but its more like Ghost Hunt + Zombie Loan + Red Garden + MADNESS!!!!! XDDDDD
biggrin.gif

Troopers but recently Phase 3 Scans started a scanlation project on to Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.
rolleyes.gif

Really? Anything that has a mix of Zombie Loan in it is a must see! Do you know how hyped up you have made me for this series lol? Sounds so interesting though....just wondering, looked for the first ep on fansub but I couldn't find it anywhere (or am I just blind and don't know how to look through the anime list and find it?). Saw it on tokyotosho, but it was an .ass file?
huh.gif

Downloading the first episode as I type this....looks very interesting indeed.....adding it to my ever growing list of anime to watch and fall behind on...
laugh.gif
AnimeNewsNetwork lists it under the genre of, "Supernatural mystery." Sounds good to me....gonna watch it and post later...again.
wink.gif

Edit... Just watched the first episode....funny, entertaining and original...He, (the demon, Neuro) sends our heroine, Yako, a text message and then reaches through the cell phone to grab her....I will not say more so as not to spoil it for the rest of you all! I will say how they met is interesting, hoping to see more revealed as we only got a glimpse.
@ AJ and Julez....some eye candy to be had in this as well!
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Oct 25 2007, 03:54 AM) @ AJ and Julez....some eye candy to be had in this as well!
wink.gif

Agreed. That P.I with the grey hair was so cute! XD

Oh, just saw the first episode- first impression.....weird. One word. Thats how I can only explain it. The concept was so out there and that demon guy...he reminds me of Jim Carrey from "The Mask"....he is so eccentric, and he's just funny (even though if he's not trying to be funny lol thats the irony)

So yeah, we'll see in a few episodes if something develops cuz right now I'm not really feeling anything.....its kinda borderline for me

QUOTE (xxanime_junkyxx @ Oct 26 2007, 04:29 PM) Agreed. That P.I with the grey hair was so cute! XD

Oh, just saw the first episode- first impression.....weird. One word. Thats how I can only explain it. The concept was so out there and that demon guy...he reminds me of Jim Carrey from "The Mask"....he is so eccentric, and he's just funny (even though if he's not trying to be funny lol thats the irony)

So yeah, we'll see in a few episodes if something develops cuz right now I'm not really feeling anything.....its kinda borderline for me
Yes, totally weird and macabre....great comparison to Jim Carrey from "The Mask," AJ. But I like Neuro better....he is a fashion plate as well....those little dangling things from his weird colored hair, had me fascinated....and those eyes....oh..mesmerizing...the whole soup with hormones and drugs, was a bit much but I am sure we will venture into the darker side of things soon enough...serious, funny, weird, black humor, all Japanese style, plus a fine looking, goatee, grey haired, Police Inspector.....I'm in for a fun time.

Doesn't anybody else feel like the mysteries are too simple?

I feel that way, the culprit almost jumps out in front of them saying "im the bad guy".
I just finished Ep 3, and the clues they got to solve the mystery where never shown until they start summing up the clues they found. I mean, even scooby and the gang used to find the clues and showed it on the episode, heck, scooby´s Mysteries where actually more difficult. Also, when the Culprit "crosses the line" and turns into a monster, the people around dont even look scared, they do, but for a second and then return to those bored faces.

Now, im not sure if this show is design for a younger audience, but since it has had Drugs, Murder, Weapons, Violence and some Blood, i dont think so.

But anyway, i still like the show, im eager to see the next episode, but those details kind of bother me, and dont get me started on the "777 tools of the demon world"...

QUOTE (philo @ Nov 24 2007, 03:51 AM)Doesn't anybody else feel like the mysteries are too simple?

I feel that way, the culprit almost jumps out in front of them saying "im the bad guy".
True, I've had similar feelings. But despite that I'm still watching this series, perhaps with less anicipation than, say, True Tears or several other new series, but still...

Just watched episode 7 and it does seem there's going going to be a red thread in the series from now on (aside from the murder of our herione's father, with which they haven't done that much yet) with the mysterious "red box" killer...

I see no one's posted in here in over a month but I just started watching this series by accident-- I mean, I literally accidentally clicked on the link to this anime last week and while looking to see what I had done, I scanned though the comments/screencaps and thought, "What the heck, looks interesting," and started DLing. I've watched all 11 that are out so far and I'm actually finding it really enjoyable-- I'm glad I gave it a shot. Yeah, the mysteries aren't complex at all (most of the villains can be ID'd by their excessive eyeliner and tendency to get bug-eyed at the smallest thing), but I mainly like watching the character of Neuro (and his hypnotically-green eyes), and especially his split personality (super-friendly when he's acting the part of assistant, and then his real self). And his interactions with "servant"/"slave" (the term used depends on the fansubber, I guess) #1 and #2 are rather amusing.

P.S. It also probably helps that Neuro's seiyuu is Takehito Koyasu, and I just finally finished Koutetsu Sangokushi (in which he voiced Koumei) and found I really enjoyed his deep, rich voice. So when I heard it again right away, I went "Oooh! It's him!"

I've been watching this series the entire time. I agree the cases are simple but I think the story isn't about the cases but Neuro's realtionship with the high school detective or better slave #1(there is a very intersting plot line there)

Since I'm on episode 14 I won't spoil it for anyone but there is the story of Sei that is a really good plot that has developed.

This series has really entertained me, I hope it keeps it up

i think its a great series... just started watching it the other week and im in episode 9 right now.... kinda slow, but hey i wanna take my time! so yeah its not about the mystery solving... its about the character development in each episode. how they came together, how can people that are sooo different in every way co-operate with each other this way... and how come that punk guy never gets tired of being used no matter what.... these are some things that im always thinking while watching the show!

changed my sig... apparently not appropriate... hehe... oops! XP

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Feb 27 2008, 09:32 AM) I think the story isn't about the cases but Neuro's realtionship with the high school detective or better slave #1(there is a very intersting plot line there)

o hey are they gonna when you say relationship are they gonna develop some kind of romantic relationship?

i think its quite hard because of neuros cruel personality but its quite possible
ohmy.gif

anyways this is a good anime i hope something intresting happens
biggrin.gif
which happens alot

QUOTE (hitmantsuna @ Feb 27 2008, 05:42 PM)
o hey are they gonna when you say relationship are they gonna develop some kind of romantic relationship?

i think its quite hard because of neuros cruel personality but its quite possible
ohmy.gif

anyways this is a good anime i hope something intresting happens
biggrin.gif
which happens alot
LMAO no not a romanic relationship

When you catch up on all of the episodes it should be clear that something is going on (not romantically) plot wise between her, Neuro and Sei

Relationship between Neuro & Hi-school detective like teacher and people. Her's mind improve step-by-step and almost like true detective now
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Thuyquai @ Mar 01 2008, 09:49 AM)Her's mind improve step-by-step and almost like true detective now
biggrin.gif
Yeah, maybe one of these episodes he'll upgrade her to a vertebrate! *laugh*

Anyway, I just watched ep14 and gotta love those onsen episodes-- although, come to think of it, none of the main characters actually took a dip, did they?  And Neuro's acidic sleep-drool!  I really did LOL to myself when I saw that.

QUOTE (hitmantsuna @ Feb 27 2008, 05:42 PM)o hey are they gonna when you say relationship are they gonna develop some kind of romantic relationship?

ohmy.gif
  Hmmm, I don't think it's impossible-- lots of anime couples seem to get off to rocky starts-- but somehow it seems improbable to me. Anyone read the manga and care to share? (in Spoiler brackets, of course)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back