Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Even though I feel that no one's gonna answer, can someone explain how people figure out the names for the witches in the show. i mean the name names are widely accepted so I was curious

QUOTE (khael)Oh, and has there been any DtB x Madoka Magica crossovers yet?
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/874173...rom_behind-kyub

I think I saw another one somewhere but I can't remember where

I'm thinking more along the lines of Heibo getting contracted. Hmmm... DO WANT.

And lol I just realized, Howling's opening phrases is rather appropriate for Madoka.

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Mar 21 2011, 05:21 AM)Even though I feel that no one's gonna answer, can someone explain how people figure out the names for the witches in the show. i mean the name names are widely accepted so I was curious
Basically to find out the witches name, you need to decipher the runes that appear on the screen when they first show the witch herself. Puella Magi Wiki has done a great job deciphering many of them as well as the witches' names .

Since it seems this one is still on hiatus...I found some lovely pics to share with you all.
wink.gif

@Nioki-san, thanks for the info on the runes. A friend on MAL is really into deciphering all of the names as well. I passed the link on since it is a hobby now for them.

Anyway...for the male audience of this fine series...

Madoka-chan with her chibi girlfriends. QB looks adorable, does he not?
rolleyes.gif

These are well thought out.
rolleyes.gif
QB, in various regal pose, unless those are his co-horts? I quiver at such a thought. eyes like gleaming rubies...who would have thought he was such a poser, eh minna-san?
tongue.gif

Anyway, just a bit of Madoka fun.

A spoof on another famous anime?
rolleyes.gif
I leave that to said speculators to decipher but one such speculator/friend already got it.
wink.gif
When I first looked at this one, I found it a bit daunting...the thought of so many in one room...made me dizzy.
tongue.gif

@Nioki-san...the lolis are adorable. I am snatching those pics to send to a favorite lolicon of mine. Arigato for sharing! You know him too and since I told him about this series, he's going to start watching it.
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Mar 23 2011, 12:02 AM)@Nioki-san...the lolis are adorable. I am snatching those pics to send to a favorite lolicon of mine. Arigato for sharing! You know him too and since I told him about this series, he's going to start watching it.
wink.gif

And I'll update if I find anymore
tongue.gif

As for cross-overs, I have a couple of those as well:

Note Q.B. in the first one

And there seems to be quite some interest among fans and artists to Charlotte as well, here are some adorable pics
laugh.gif
:

Never saw the series yet> gotta big line up here I will be watching it after i finish bakuman! looks good from pictures!

QUOTE (narchobit @ Mar 23 2011, 01:26 AM) Never saw the series yet> gotta big line up here I will be watching it after i finish bakuman! looks good from pictures!
Oh its quite enjoyable I must say. One of the best of the season for me for example, hope you join in on the conversation soon ^^

There's already a bunch of rune translators up IIRC and even some fonts. They're in the puella-magi wiki site that Nioki posted earlier, if you're interested.

So many pics, yet soo little time to lookj at them. although I'm not sue if QB looking like a loli will calm the fans down over him/her/it though, but never the less if QB was placed in the same situation as the Magical Lolis he made then it might be a different story.

In any case with the constant loop going on here is now giving me a slight hope that eventually they could do Fate/Hollow Atraxia since it properly explained itself. Also, I don't think Modaka is really the main loli, but more along the line of Homerun herself. Say didn't we have a few links to some of the well known flash games posted on this thread?

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Mar 22 2011, 03:02 PM)
A spoof on another famous anime?
rolleyes.gif
I leave that to said speculators to decipher but one such speculator/friend already got it.
wink.gif
When I first looked at this one, I found it a bit daunting...the thought of so many in one room...made me dizzy.
tongue.gif

Kyuubens Almark, haha. Innovator, incubator, same difference.

QUOTE Say didn't we have a few links to some of the well known flash games posted on this thread?

I think I've posted one of them before. It links to others too. Quite hilarious they are, really.

QUOTE (Nioki @ Mar 22 2011, 03:58 PM)And I'll update if I find anymore
tongue.gif

As for cross-overs, I have a couple of those as well:

Note Q.B. in the first one

And there seems to be quite some interest among fans and artists to Charlotte as well, here are some adorable pics
laugh.gif
:

I have that Nanoha befriends Madoka pic. Was gonna waot till ep 11 but you beat me to it. So I'll share this instead:

What happens if Kyubey was nice: http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/3104

These made think for a sec:

some Mami pics:

Kamen Rider Magica:

Would post more but I hit the limit.

Charlotte's really my favorite witch out of all of them. I wonder if there's a plushie of it?

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Mar 23 2011, 04:34 PM) Charlotte's really my favorite witch out of all of them. I wonder if there's a plushie of it?
Actually I don't think it would be too hard to make a handmade plushie of her.
Her design is interesting but not too difficult. The materials aside from her erm... scarf thing are also pretty basic

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Mar 23 2011, 06:34 AM)Charlotte's really my favorite witch out of all of them. I wonder if there's a plushie of it?
Wow...lots of interesting pictures...thanks for sharing those, Xanadu-san. I am sure as we get to the last few episodes, more pictures will spring up.
wink.gif

I like Charlotte too and found these to share with all of you...and yep, a cute plushie she would make...
tongue.gif

Here you go!

Chibi Madoka and Homura:

A QB love fest:

Something trivial that just hit me after re-watching episode 10 for the third time: we saw that Madoka became a mahou shoujo in all those parallel times that Homura was in. In that case, what the heck was her wish? I'm assuming that all those timelines resulted in the same wish considering how Mami, Sayaka, and Kyouko's wishes were seemingly unchanged. The other question is who/what is the black cat in the opening. That is really the one question that remains. While it's possible that the cat is just there, but usually in SHAFT works every little thing is a symbol for something to come.

And for those wondering, Madoka is "indefinitely" delayed. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-...delayed-for-now

Bakemonogatari much?

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 23 2011, 12:36 PM)Something trivial that just hit me after re-watching episode 10 for the third time: we saw that Madoka became a mahou shoujo in all those parallel times that Homura was in. In that case, what the heck was her wish? I'm assuming that all those timelines resulted in the same wish considering how Mami, Sayaka, and Kyouko's wishes were seemingly unchanged.
There's been a lot of speculation on what Madoka's wish was. Here's what I found with explanations:

QUOTE Fight to save people

Madoka wishes to help everyone in need, from suffering people, to the fallen such as Mami, to the witches lost in grief. She becomes a magical girl with the potential to solve any problem, but neither she, nor Kyubey, nor other magical girls have any idea how her powers work, so saving the world is still easier said than done.
This is a possible wish for the original timeline, in which Madoka had exactly enough power to conclude the Walpurgis Night battle with all combatants dead. This is the safest outcome for the uninvolved civilians, the only way to save the magical girls from the danger of becoming witches, and the scenario that caused Homura to make a wish capable of surpassing the entropy issue, so this outcome maximizes Madoka's helpfulness to everyone.

Procrastinating Until the End of the World

Madoka resists making a wish until the very end of the series, when the apocalyptic scenario from her dream comes into play, and she uses her wish to solve everything at once or cause a global reset. "I wish everything would go back to the way it was before I met Kyubey!"
Depending on how we interpret episode 10, this theory might be wrong, because in previous timelines, she is a Magical Girl way before Walpurgis Night appears.

The Human Instrumentality Project

Madoka wishes to end all suffering. Everyone gets hugged and turns into Morning Rescue.

Power to Defeat the Most Powerful Witch

Witnessing Homura fight against an impossible foe, Madoka simply wishes for power -- enough to instantly defeat even the most powerful witch.
This could be her wish in the timeline where Madoka defeats the Walpurgis Night easily but turns into an even more destructive witch afterward. However, this obviously does not apply to Madoka of timelines where she was already a magical girl when meeting Homura.

Now that I think about it, I'm always seeing at least two of the five characters falling into unknown categories:

Witch:
Madoka - Kriemhild Gretchen
Mami - Roberta (maybe)
Sayaka - Oktavia von Seckendorff
Kyoko - Unknown
Homura - Unknown

Wish-wise, Madoka's and Mami's are uncertain

I can't remember what else i was going to say, I'll remember it later

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Mar 23 2011, 07:34 AM) Charlotte's really my favorite witch out of all of them. I wonder if there's a plushie of it?
Probably. I have, however, seen proof that there's already hentai doujins about Charlotte, if you like that sort of thing
biggrin.gif

QUOTE Something trivial that just hit me after re-watching episode 10 for the third time: we saw that Madoka became a mahou shoujo in all those parallel times that Homura was in. In that case, what the heck was her wish?

I've assumed that it was something trivial, just for the sake of joining forces with Mami and others. You know, just to get them awesum powerz.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 23 2011, 01:36 PM) And for those wondering, Madoka is "indefinitely" delayed. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-...delayed-for-now

Bakemonogatari much?
I read about that on gg's site. They speculated/joked that Walpurgisnacht might have originally been intended to include earthquakes and tsunami. That doesn't seem like a very crazy idea actually given how circumspect they are being. Things like that have happened before. After 9/11, one of the early episodes of 24 had to be rewritten to remove eerily similar-to-reality plane crash.

QUOTE In that case, what the heck was her wish?

Cake. Delicious delicious cake.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Mar 23 2011, 02:02 PM) I read about that on gg's site. They speculated/joked that Walpurgisnacht might have originally been intended to include earthquakes and tsunami. That doesn't seem like a very crazy idea actually given how circumspect they are being. Things like that have happened before. After 9/11, one of the early episodes of 24 had to be rewritten to remove eerily similar-to-reality plane crash.
Interesting, but it seems the thought has crossed many a speculating mind. I thought too, perhaps a re-hash due to what happened, who knows really. Ah well...all remains to be seen. Hoping however, when the producers do decide to wrap this one up, it will be as good as the series has been so far.
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back