Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
^ Loved the pic...poor Mami-chan. Does make sense what you are saying, Xanadu-san. Homura-chan has been my favorite from the get-go. I like her no-nonsense approach to her surroundings and all that it entails. And hard as she tried until this latest episode, she kept her cool. Seeing her fall before Madoka-chan and about to tell her something profound, her tears tell us she has a heart, too. How much we gonna bet that the Incubator is now gonna play on those tears and maybe torment her a little? Can't wait to find out.
wink.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Feb 24 2011, 09:49 PM)

Now gathering info here from what i've seen so far:
Homura - weapon: gernade/gun, support magic: time control
Sayaka - weapon: sword, support magic:: regeneration
Mami - weapon: flint rifle, support magic:: unknown
Kyoko - weapon: spear, support magic: unknown
Modaka - weapon: bow (maybe), support magic: unknown but 'god-like' according to Kyubey

Mahou shojou don't use staffs anymore do they? i think Nanoha's the last staff-user I've seen in a while.

Oh and here's this:

If it isn't Kyubey bashing, its all about Mami
nani's supportive power would be Healing.
I am guessing the supportive power of Kyoko would be food? XD (yeah I don;t think it was ever shown)

I kinda guessed where teh witches came from but being fonfirmed of it and everything just make it so much more crazy...

Homura must have become really close friends with Madoka if she is going as far as to go back in time and do all this for madoka's sake and to stop her from contracting.

Now that we know Homura knows everything... the question is.. what does she know? and what is the devil's real purpose?

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Feb 24 2011, 09:49 PM) Mahou shojou don't use staffs anymore do they? i think Nanoha's the last staff-user I've seen in a while.
i don't think Nanoha uses a staff, i think she is using a Weapon of Mass Destruction disguised as a staff
tongue.gif

^ Yeah, seriously, I was about to say that.

Anyhow, have finally gotten into the series after all the hype over it. Wasn't disappointed, except for the somewhat stale character animations. Still, cute girls "fighting SZS openings" is a formula for fun.

Also, QB is seriously cute.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Feb 27 2011, 04:37 AM) ^ Yeah, seriously, I was about to say that.

Anyhow, have finally gotten into the series after all the hype over it. Wasn't disappointed, except for the somewhat stale character animations. Still, cute girls "fighting SZS openings" is a formula for fun.

Also, QB is seriously cute.
......oh god. Now I'm imagining Kyuubey dropping back to pass. Talk about some wierd imagery.

Mephistopheles (QB) really wants Madoka's delicious soul doesn't he?

Oh and I'd say Homerun's real weapon is that huge wristwatch she's got i.e. time manipulation. She can use basically anything else to beat up her enemies. Oh, and this bit might mean that the first few scenes in the first episode actually happened in the future (Madoka's premonition or something). Was that huge thing Homerun was fighting a witch? Was it Madoka? If it is her, it'd be fun fun fun!

Also, if Madoka is a god-like mahou loli, does that mean she'll be a god-like witch too?

QUOTE (khael @ Feb 27 2011, 08:50 PM) Mephistopheles (QB) really wants Madoka's delicious soul doesn't he?

Doubtful. I'd say it rather has more to do with your suggestion that

QUOTE if Madoka is a god-like mahou loli, does that mean she'll be a god-like witch too?

QB isn't the "devil", he's the "incubator", no? Sounds to me like his main purpose is creating witches. Now as for who or what drives him to do that, who knows.

QUOTE Oh, and this bit might mean that the first few scenes in the first episode actually happened in the future (Madoka's premonition or something). Was that huge thing Homerun was fighting a witch? Was it Madoka? If it is her, it'd be fun fun fun!

Or that the entire series is in the past
tongue.gif
The quiet gal probably went back in time to prevent Madoka from making a contract. As for what she was fighting *shrug*. Something's bound to happen during that Walpurgies Night.

EDIT: So many hilarious pics out there. This one's a perfect triple-crossover (relevant for all watching the gg subs version):

morningrescue.gif

QUOTE (khael @ Feb 27 2011, 08:50 PM)Mephistopheles (QB) really wants Madoka's delicious soul doesn't he?

where did the name Mephistopheles come up for Kyubey? I feel lost

QUOTE (khael @ Feb 27 2011, 08:50 PM)Oh, and this bit might mean that the first few scenes in the first episode actually happened in the future (Madoka's premonition or something). Was that huge thing Homerun was fighting a witch? Was it Madoka? If it is her, it'd be fun fun fun!
Although I think it may be unlikely, That could be witch-Sayaka. and I just thought of something: since Mahou lolis turn into witches, would their abilities carry over as well? If so, would witch-Sayaka be one of the hardest to beat due to her regen factor?

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Feb 27 2011, 11:00 PM)EDIT: So many hilarious pics out there. This one's a perfect triple-crossover (relevant for all watching the gg subs version):

morningrescue.gif

I can really imagine Modoka acting like that and those Morning Rescue I always see with Star Driver.

It just couldnt be otherwise than Mahou Shoujos turning into witches if they dont kill enough witches. A really evil vicious circle with Kyubey as its only winner.
Now its really no surprise that Mahou Shoujos are fighting and killing each other for grief seeds since their live is on the line.

My guess is that Homura is Madokas daughter and the witch she is fighting in the beginning is infact Madoka. After all Kyubey said the soul is in the gem, but they still ahve bodies so it wouldnt be a surprise if Madoka gets a daughter. Even if her body doesnt grow (what I think is since Kyouko seems to be really old, about 200 or 300 hundred years in my eyes judging from her backstory) she is at the age to receive kids.
So she is traveling back so she doesnt have to fight and kill her mother, even though its likely that she never will be born that way.

And making Madoka a witch is probably the goal Kyubey has since Witch-Madoka would be unbeatable with her power and so more and more Mahou Shoujos would be born to defeat her and more and more will turn into witches which means more and more grief seeds for him.

Question is, is he just doing it for the seeds? I somehow doubt it. QB looks to me more like someone's avatar rather than the Grand Chessmaster himself. And his full name suggests that producing witches is his primary purpose. But for what?
unsure.gif

I also don't think Kyoko is THAT old.

QUOTE My guess is that Homura is Madokas daughter and the witch she is fighting in the beginning is infact Madoka.

Possible, but then how is Madoka able to observe it? A premonition? Current QB doesn't seem to know the future/alternative timeline either. So it could also simply be a random collection of witches coming together for Walpurgisnacht.

QUOTE where did the name Mephistopheles come up for Kyubey? I feel lost

It hasn't. Khael seems to have extrapolated it from the similarities in modus operandi between the two, as well as that one Goethe quote on the wall. Not sure I agree (see above).

Maybe we're due for a Seven ending? For those of you who haven't seen the movie, the main character goes back in time to try to prevent a global catastrophe, and at the end of the movie fails to do so while in the presence of his former self. He already had the memory of seeing his future self die and fail, just didn't realize it was him.

QUOTE (wedora @ Feb 28 2011, 03:16 PM)Maybe we're due for a Seven ending? For those of you who haven't seen the movie, the main character goes back in time to try to prevent a global catastrophe, and at the end of the movie fails to do so while in the presence of his former self.  He already had the memory of seeing his future self die and fail, just didn't realize it was him. 
wedora-san! If what you have posted came to pass...what a rip-roaring ending that would be...we would be left wanting for sure! I am in if it be so. Nice speculation on everyone's part but who's to say that the Incubator has an even more devilish plan?
rolleyes.gif
With his looks, knowing smirk, and sly cunning, I am sure he does. This one just keeps getting better...glad for it.

When the world was young and all warm and all fuzzy...

You know Yaya-san that pic you posted there almost makes it a "what if" this was a normal Magical Loli series instead of it being all dark and gritty.

In any case the only question that comes to mind is how, or why did Modoka have that dream of what's to come to begin with in the first place. Although oddly enough we get many pics of her as an Archer type loli, but how is that certain though?

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 28 2011, 07:46 PM) You know Yaya-san that pic you posted there almost makes it a "what if" this was a normal Magical Loli series instead of it being all dark and gritty.

Ah...Wolfie-san, if that were the case, then I would so not be watching it.
laugh.gif

I happen to be watching simply because it is so dark and gritty. The music is good, the atmosphere great, the characters all intriguing. Those "witto" girls are no mere lolis either...they kick ass and I for one, look forward to either Madoka-chan or Homura-chan or both, doing Incubator-san in...
tongue.gif

BTW, Wolfie-san...I told Aus-san it is great to see you and he have a great sense of humor in your posts not only here, but with Gosick as well.
Sure has been funny tossing it around with you two...arigato.
wink.gif
wub.gif

QUOTE In any case the only question that comes to mind is how, or why did Modoka have that dream of what's to come to begin with in the first place.

Curious indeed, since Madoka seems to remember the encounter but nothing else of importance.

QUOTE Although oddly enough we get many pics of her as an Archer type loli, but how is that certain though?[

Someone who's read the manga may be able to confirm that. Myself, I am yet to see any official art of Madoka with a bow.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 01 2011, 12:54 AM)
Curious indeed, since Madoka seems to remember the encounter but nothing else of importance.

Someone who's read the manga may be able to confirm that. Myself, I am yet to see any official art of Madoka with a bow.
I doubt you will find the person that has seen the mangas past the episode where Sayaka becomes a magical girl. They announced that they were releasing the mangas, there will be three apparently, in conjunction with the anime but they are a bit slow getting the mangas out. If you watch the intro though, Madoka has no weapon. Though there may be a familiar, kitty cat. Watching it through again, it has the same coloring as Homura's hair so I wonder if the cat and Homura are the same.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Feb 28 2011, 10:54 PM) Myself, I am yet to see any official art of Madoka with a bow.
Oh! You mean such as this?
rolleyes.gif

The tip of said arrow must be quite the stinger, eh?
Looking forward to see what awaits...now, more hot tea and some Zzzz.
wink.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 01 2011, 01:54 AM) Someone who's read the manga may be able to confirm that. Myself, I am yet to see any official art of Madoka with a bow.
See Madoka with a bow in the TV Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XByTeuBgAeg

The Manga is being released concurrently as an adaptation of the Anime. I don't think there is any extra information contained in it.

BTW, My crackpot theory is that Homera is Madoka's Mom from the past trying to use her time-travel powers to create a happy ending for her and her daughter.

You know, looking at the CMs, they are completely misleading thinking about it now, especially Kyubey's.

This kinda goes with my last Mami pic.

And more QB pic cause I'm bored and don't fell like studying

I got a few new pics too.

Kyubees real self:

Evil:

Wishful:

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back