Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (b.o.w @ Feb 18 2011, 10:22 PM) sorry 4 encasing the whole coment in spoiler tags... there's too many spoilers to make sense otherwise.

in episode 7 kyubei says  humans are not even aware of their souls; and then "i took your souls out and gave them a form so they'd be easier to keep safe".

if this is true.... then how come Mami stopped being  a magic girl the second her head is bitten?

Even if you are not aware of how the machinery works, it still works as intended. shouldn't Mami's body try to regenerate the head? she had enough magic to make it at least partially... heck if kyubei is right, the body should have continue acting on it's own accord headless and all... 
at the very least she should not die before the magic runs out, or the gem is destroyed....
seeing how this is the turning point for both sayaka and madoka. It bothers me that everything is so convenient. ( no body, no family, no headless body trying to make sense of the situation... )

My opinion,  this show is as plagued by lazy writting as it is by lazy drawing

There was an additional condition that was mentioned where nothing vital could be destroyed, i.e. the brain or the heart. Mami's head was torn off, which means no brain ==> death

With Sayaka gone completely nuts, it would be fitting if she or Kyouko died by next episode along with the beginning of Walpurgis Night happening not too soon after. The bigger question will be how those around Sayaka will react when they realize she suddenly disappears.
On another note, Kyouko's past was very interesting. Wishing for something that would hope to bring her and her family happiness, yet it turned around and bit her.

Nevertheless, for the usual climax point of a 12 or 13 episode series, I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of anything surprising. It was a given that Sayaka's life would fall apart eventually and that Kyubey is the devil that he is *insert "because you didn't ask" statement here*

QUOTE (NoAddedMSG @ Feb 19 2011, 12:43 AM)

It makes sense if you consider that Mami's gem takes the form of a flower-shaped thing on her head. Also, Charlotte chews her head for a bit before she reverts and drops, so her gem presumably was destroyed then.
thanks if that is the case then it actually makes sense.
I'll revisit the first 3 episodes cause I totally missed that flower thinguie

Damn, how can they do that to my little Sayaka? First Kyubei playing with her body, then Hitomi tells her she loves the same guy and after that she goes insane.

But nethertheless a really great ep again. I loved the conversation between Kyouko and Sayaka. I never wouldve thought that Kyouko would be that caring, I thought she would be just a selfish b*tch. But with her past it isnt a surprise that she is how she is now. Thats why there is the saying "Be careful what you wish of", since mostly it turns against you in the end. It was so with Kyouko and now with Sayaka.
But the question is just how far goes Kyubeis influence. Was Hitomi really in love with that guy for a longer time or just since Sayaka is a Mahou Shoujo? Was he maybe responsible that Kyoukos father found out? Was he responsible that Mami just stood there and let herself get killed to maybe trigger Madoka into a Mahou Shoujo? I she now doing everything he can to destroy Sayaka as much as he can so that that finally triggers MAdokas wish? And what does he gain from all of that? And especially what does he gain from Madoka becoming a Mahou Shoujo?

Damn if only there where more animes like this each season it would be really great.

Oh and I found a nice picture of how Kyubei really looks, but only a joke of course. Maybe.

I don't have answers to your questions Ossi, but I just wanted to point out that picture is such an accurate depiction of Kyuubey. I don't even see him as something cute anymore, thats his true form people, don't be fooled!!

Pretty much most viewers would see that little thing of cuteness as he really is with said pic of course Ossi-san. In any case I guess the old saying is true about how looks can be deceiving at times.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 20 2011, 03:22 PM) But the question is just how far goes Kyubeis influence. Was Hitomi really in love with that guy for a longer time or just since Sayaka is a Mahou Shoujo? Was he maybe responsible that Kyoukos father found out? Was he responsible that Mami just stood there and let herself get killed to maybe trigger Madoka into a Mahou Shoujo? I she now doing everything he can to destroy Sayaka as much as he can so that that finally triggers MAdokas wish? And what does he gain from all of that? And especially what does he gain from Madoka becoming a Mahou Shoujo?
Based on the way Hitomi acted this episode, here's the "timeline.

Prior to the series beginning, Kyousuke went to the same school as everyone (evident from episode 7). As a result, Hitomi has probably had her eyes on him since then, if not earlier. Sayaka knew Kyousuke as a childhood friend (from what it seems; I don't recall if this was ever mentioned explicitly). Regardless, when Kyousuke got in that accident, Sayaka visited him essentially everyday. Series starts and progresses to where we are now. Episode 7, Hitomi realizes that Kyousuke returned to school.

Kyouko's father belief of magic and that Kyouko is a witch is from the current perspective, a plot device. Nothing more and nothing less.

Mami didn't actually "just" stand there. The time frame when the witch got back up and attacked here was probably within seconds. The slowing of the animation made it seem longer than it should. I also initially questioned this, but I'm pretty sure this conclusion holds now after rewatching that scene a few times.

Too be honest, I don't think Kyubey is doing much magical manipulation (or at least for now). He's really just playing with words to mess with their heads. That's how he's been able to get people to contract and become mahou shoujos. He also toyed with Sayaka's emotions so that she wouldn't feel "held back" when fighting witches and thus went crazy at the end of episode 7.

As for what Kyubey gains, power to become a powerful witch perhaps? Doubtful, but after eating that grief seed, something's definitely up about that, especially when he's seeking out strong magical powers.

QUOTE just stood there and let herself get killed

NO SHE DIDN'T. It was a dramatic pause, slow-down, bullet-time or whatever the heck you want to call it. She was killed by an inescapable attack, not through inaction. Why would she just stand there? She wanted to live and eat cake with her Mahou Shoujo buddy.

And while we are posting pictures we wish were canon:
2a78s95.gif

Nice picture Accipiter. I wanted to post that too but couldnt find it anymore ^^

Here another good one. I really had to laugh hard when I saw it.

Haha! I really enjoyed the Victorique ones!
smile.gif
They are all really funny though. Nice finds Xanadu.

Damn the one with "I heard youre bored, contract with me" is just awesome XD

@wedora: Not only that face, the Mahou Shoujo genre too ^^

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Feb 21 2011, 06:16 AM) She wanted to live and eat cake with her Mahou Shoujo buddy.

This was sent to me by a friend who dabbles in the art of graphic design and whatnot...
rolleyes.gif
He knows who he is...just passing it along.
BTW, all of the above are very amusing pics.

Finally caught up...now I understand all the Kyubey hate I see on the internets. He creeped me out when I realized his mouth never moved when he talked and his expression didn't change. There was just something weird looking about it.

A few questions...put in spoiler tags just in case. I am wondering if they don't age after becoming magical girls? Since their bodies aren't human anymore? That would certainly ruin any potential relationships, like with Sayaka and her honey, but hasn't been said directly. It'd be good if they explain how the fake body thing plays out.

Did anyone else get an Utena vibe from Sayaka when she was battling the witch with her sword? Awesome.

I would love it if Madoka makes it through the whole series without succumbing, it would be a great twist. Especially if she found a way to use the power Kyubey seems to be coveting; ie, her innocence and big heart.

And thus the truth stabs Sayaka in her heart plus Madoka as well, I doubt they will name the series "Mahou Shoujo Madoka" without having her turn into one. It will happen, the fact that Sayaka has now her mind set to not act like a human, and find love with Kyosuke, is what drove her to snap at the end. Maybe Madokas wish will be the one to restore sanity to her and end the Mahou Shoujo pacts. It is sad Mami-chan will get no cake
sad.gif
, sacrafice Kyuube to bring back Mami-Chan XO.

Maybe Kyuuby is a familiar and he was able to break away from a witch, but some how changed so he would not turn into a witch, but it could be he wants to get strong to show his true intention. Maybe he is like a garbage can, where all the useless greef seeds go LOL, ANY WHO...

Did not see it coming, the fact Hitomi likes Kyosuke, I was like
ohmy.gif
, also she told Sayaka that she gets one day, if not she will confess to him. I am guessing she is just giving Sayaka a push to say her true feelings. But I do not see it happening, with the events that have unfolded so far. Waiting for the next episode.

new anime equation:

mahou shojou - sense of mortality = loss of sanity

I have seen this twice now with Zombie and this show

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Feb 24 2011, 04:48 PM) new anime equation:

mahou shojou - sense of mortality = loss of sanity

I have seen this twice now with Zombie and this show
Ah...interesting premise. Perhaps, that is why this one has appealed to many, myself included, especially, given the fact it is dark/magical girl and not your average, fluffy/cutesy run-of-the-mill magical girl.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

QUOTE (lord_vivec @ Feb 24 2011, 05:24 PM) This show keeps one-upping itself, and all I find is myself wanting more.
Yep, same here. So it ends for another magical girl.
sad.gif
  Released from her sadness, regrets, and despair, Sayaka-chan had a nice smile at the end. I got the impression she was resigned to the fate that awaited her and let the rest all go. But hold on! Little Madoka-chan almost crossed the point of no return 'cept Homura-chan stepped in to save the day. Poor girl, she remains misunderstood and unappreciated...why did I get the feeling she was gonna tell Madoka-chan they are related? Maybe sisters? Sometime in the future?  The future Madoka? Something is going on...just speculating...
rolleyes.gif

The other thing that is most interesting is the declaration of war that has been unspoken but declared, between Homura-chan and that pesky and conniving, Kyubey. The line in the sand has been clearly drawn...I loved the look in Kyubey's eyes as he devoured his own fake-self. The sneer of sheer evil was just so good...he really loves his role, eh?
wink.gif

A moment in time...
200e3io.gif

After waiting an hour to get and watch that episode, all I can is...wow

I feel bad for Sayaka at the end of that episode. looks like prediction about her was right. Now we know how grief seeds are created. Wow I just thought of kamisama Karin for some strange reason. But what happen to those two guys on the train?

QUOTE A moment in time...
200e3io.gif

You gotta admit that was awesome. Kyubey or should i say Incubator really deserved that. I had a feeling that wasn't his true form but was not expecting a second one to come out and eat the dead one. We finally find out that furball's true intentions and although I don't like it, his logic at the end of the episode makes sense. I think that Homura is definitely from the future. She's now one of my favorites after this episode.

Now gathering info here from what i've seen so far:
Homura - weapon: gernade/gun, support magic: time control
Sayaka - weapon: sword, support magic:: regeneration
Mami - weapon: flint rifle, support magic:: unknown
Kyoko - weapon: spear, support magic: unknown
Modaka - weapon: bow (maybe), support magic: unknown but 'god-like' according to Kyubey

Mahou shojou don't use staffs anymore do they? i think Nanoha's the last staff-user I've seen in a while.

Oh and here's this:

If it isn't Kyubey bashing, its all about Mami

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back