Mahou Sensei Negima -manga

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Moon Phase is reporting that Ken Akamatsu will be announcing soon that he is going to end the Negima manga one year from now, almost 3 years ahead of schedule. It's cites that due to increasingly falling sales, 2 unsuccessful anime adaptations and pre-orders for the new OVAs not even reaching half of what they expected, that he has decided to bring the story to a close in 1 year. More details are to be given at a later date.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20080614

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Jun 15 2008, 01:13 PM) Moon Phase is reporting that Ken Akamatsu will be announcing soon that he is going to end the Negima manga one year from now, almost 3 years ahead of schedule. It's cites that due to increasingly falling sales, 2 unsuccessful anime adaptations and pre-orders for the new OVAs not even reaching half of what they expected, that he has decided to bring the story to a close in 1 year. More details are to be given at a later date.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20080614
I can't find the information you referring to from the link you provided...and the latest news is only on 13rd June, not 14th June as the link implied...

Anyhow, why should the failure of the anime bring the downfall of the manga? From what I gather the manga is still going strong, and the manga of Love Hina and Negima plus related products already made Ken one of the richest mangaka in Japan.

Wait wait, after reading 231, I realized that we have never been told who Negi's mother really is. So could it be Princess Arika? But doesn't this mean Asuna is Negi's aunt? That would be one hell of a twist, I'd say
laugh.gif

chapter 236 was awesome! one of the better chapters of recent of this supposed "dying" series... But i can see why its losing momentum, the manga has had a feeling of dragging along for awhile now, i dont get excited to see a new chapter of this like i use too...

What negima needs is an anime that follows the story instead of the stupid stuff like Negima!? the recent OAD was pretty good, I think if they made a Negima 2, and it followed up on the OAD, it could spark sumthing.

Well another reason why it's dying is because it seems he's redoing the series frm scratch with a few alterations of course. In the Neo version that's currently being scanilated and whatnot.

Never the less so far it feels like the story is dragging on as of late. I kind of want to see this long Arc finished before the end of this so called series you know.

Neo...havent seen it yet.

I think Negima has the most retelling/alternate stories in the history of manga/anime.

Manga
Negima! Magister Negi Magi
Negima!? neo

Anime
Negima!
Negima!?
The 2 OAVs
the 2 OADs

Live Action
Negima! Magister Negi Magi

leaving out the OAvs and OADs the other 5 all have a sumwhat diffrent story. (tho im not sure about neo)

And the they keep reinventing the pactio system... They are making things awfully complicated by changing the story with each new adaptaion. Negima was fine the way it was, but complicating so much just confuses people and that makes alot of people drop a show/series.

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Feb 18 2009, 10:27 PM) THis is probally a real dumb question.

but, is Negima Negi's full name?
.........really?

To be frank about it, yes that is a dumb question. His full name is Negi Springfield.

I duno if you know alrdy but apparently the 'ma' in Negima dosent realli hv a meaning, as the author itself noted it.

Right now I am up to chapter 249, where the tournament ended, I hv to say Negi got too many tricks up on his sleeve, always come up wif a new overpowered move that will usually OHKO his opponent, its rather amusin that Rakan can survive after all those moves tho, as aspected from the Hero i guess?

A side note, apparently Negi's dark magic is beginnin to devour him, I wonder wat will happen if it completely devour him, prob we can expect a "4th tail kyuubi" mode from him? lol
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Feb 19 2009, 01:36 AM) i thot so, but then what does negima mean?
Oh that's the name of the scanilation group that is doing the Negima series. In any case I'm supprised that they finally finished up the long tornament arc. Now all that's left is the Fate arc. From what I can tell this will take probably another 20 to 30 chapters if they keep going at this rate.

this series made it back into my top5

its gotten real interesting as of late. but they still need to have a few chapters of yue reconnecting with the group. <- looking forward to those, it should be interesting.

so besides Yue and Asuna(who is captured) is anyone else missing from the group?

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Apr 26 2009, 01:45 PM) so besides Yue and Asuna(who is captured) is anyone else missing from the group?
Anya is captured alongside wif Asuna so shes pretty much missin from the group, aside from them, the group pretty much met up, I still wonder wat roll does Takamichi and Mana hav tho, since them showed up in the earlier chapter, but nothin has mentioned abt them

I am just so amazingly floored by how good these last chapters were. Very happy I decided to hold off so long on reading recent chapters and I picked a good time to start up again as the most recent chapter was the end of the Rakan/Nagi fight. I still can't get over just how good 243-249 were. Such amazing action with the fight taking twists and turns at every point. Just continues to drive home the fact that every anime adaptation of Negima has been unfortunate enough to only cover the generally crappy parts of the manga.

Well at least they finally got around to having a few members running into Yue now. Not only that, but I get tat feeling the Nagi fangirl is going to get hit hard with a dose of reality and notice that she was crushing over Negi all along.

At least the story is progressing once again after that long stall period it seemed.

As for Neo it seems they decided to switch things up and have his childhood friend attend his class. although it seemed the recient chapter was nothing more then to have a blatent yuri moment.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 13 2009, 10:59 PM) Well at least they finally got around to having a few members running into Yue now. Not only that, but I get tat feeling the Nagi fangirl is going to get hit hard with a dose of reality and notice that she was crushing over Negi all along.

At least the story is progressing once again after that long stall period it seemed.

As for Neo it seems they decided to switch things up and have his childhood friend attend his class. although it seemed the recient chapter was nothing more then to have a blatent yuri moment.
I guess you aren't completely caught up yet with the most recent chapter. Ako already found out Nagi=Negi. Although all the recent chapters have been preoccupied with the epic Rakan x Negi fight so we haven't gotten to Yue yet. I imagine that will happen soon though.

Never bothered with Neo though. Didn't seem too good, plus it's not Akamatsu's art so its got that going against it too.

Actually I meant the girl that was with Yue of the defense squadron. I mean she really has a crush to th epoint of where it needs to end with her finding out Nagi did have a son named Negi and he will, or should I say does have the looks of his father.

What happened was Yue kind of ran into Negi and a few others, but then they changed the scene to the airship. So this means tat the numbers are not adding up here, and eventually they'll find out that one of them is not who she says she is.

As for Neo it's ok since they are trying something rather different, by gathering all of the regulars in a faster pace. Not only that, but there isn't that much filler to go though this time though.

Ohhhhhhh, I forgot about that girl. Partly cause it's been a while since we spent time with them and she's not an important character.

Hell yeah, 252 was one hell of a chapter. In one side, they mostly confirmed my theory about Asuna-Arika-Negi's relationship. And on the other side, Secchan and Konoka at last kissed
biggrin.gif
and yeah, what a long kiss that was
rolleyes.gif

For the Neo side of things I have to say it's about time they did that since most people joked about those two being a yuri couple anyways. Not only that but it seems that Konoka tends to have a very friendly personality and really likes Secchan from the get go.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back