Lucky Star

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 12 2008, 11:59 PM) The only thing particularly amusing/entertaining in the OVA was the Cinderalla parody and the RPG gaming. Everything else was just meh.....it definetely could have been a lot better, but when looking back on the final few episodes of the TV series, this OVA was crap compared to it. The live-action Lucky Channel was cool for the first 30 seconds or minute, but quickly became boring. It was not as entertaining simply because it was too long and the dialogue was rather dull.

The Macross Frontier cameo was an interesting touch, but not particularly fond of it since it made Sheryl look like an idiot rather than the tsundere she is in the actual series
dry.gif
(The geass cameo before that was funny for a few seconds though)
I have to agree...toward the end at the pet shop, it's almost like they are forcefully throwing in a bunch of neta (parody/references) with no relation to each other. As for Sheryl references, most people won't get why Konata said "Miyuki is the Galactic Fairy, although her apperance is slightly different"...this is purely a seiyuu neta, for Miyuki and Sheryl are both voiced by Aya Endo...it would had been better if they just go for neta which Miyuki saying something like 'Who do you think I am? I am Miyuki" using 'Sheryl's voice'.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Oct 14 2008, 08:09 AM) As for Sheryl references, most people won't get why Konata said "Miyuki is the Galactic Fairy, although her apperance is slightly different"...this is purely a seiyuu neta, for Miyuki and Sheryl are both voiced by Aya Endo...it would had been better if they just go for neta which Miyuki saying something like 'Who do you think I am? I am Miyuki" using 'Sheryl's voice'.
The other reference was the volleyball match where Miyuki makes a pass to "Alto" look-alike XD

I guess it goes to show you that other then the Haruhi series we can't get enough of Lucky Star either it seems. Although this now comes to mind which is more important to watch a second season of Lucky Star if there is one, or te second season fo Haruhi (and not not the parody series that comming out the real deal).

Necro-rising the thread just for this:

http://www.stb.ua/e107_plugins/videotv/vid...w.php?view.9439

To translate the video: there's been an open forum for questions to the President of Ukraine. Among other political questions, a popular one was "Which side to you start eating a chocolate coronet from"?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh hell no. OMFG.

I wished someone would ask Putin that. I'd like to see his reaction...

biggrin.gif
:D:D:D:D

Yapooo~

Since the old link for the lucky star icons is already dead heres a new link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R21QFDVD

Note that I take zero credit for it since the original creator of those icons is Risaa from animesuki, whose links are however dead as a dodo nowadays
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back