Lucky Star

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
That's because Kyoto Animation produced both of them. Like, take Galaxy Angel and Digi Charat for example. Galaxy Angel had ALOT of Digi Charat in-jokes and even character appearances as well because they were both produced by Broccoli. Oh, speaking of Kyoto Animation, why did Suzumiya Haruhi become such a successful series even when it's only 14 eps long? Sorry to get a little off-topic but usually I wouldn't think almost anyone would like a series that has people who don't like normal people, witches, time travellers, breast grabbing, people dressing up like loli-bunny people and vice versa. Okay, back on topic! I saw the RAW of Lucky Star this morning and it was sooooo cute! Konata sounds really cute! She reminds me of one of my friends who is also short and loves anime and manga. Tsukasa and Kagami are also soooo kawaii! Tsukasa reminds me of...well, me for some odd reason. Gah I like'em anyway! The series is soooo random AND cute! Akira reminds me of Taiin from Shounen Onmyouji cuz' of her cheerful personality and voice (That's obvious! They have the SAME seiyuu!).

QUOTE (FireChick @ Apr 09 2007, 08:01 PM) That's because Kyoto Animation produced both of them. Like, take Galaxy Angel and Digi Charat for example. Galaxy Angel had ALOT of Digi Charat in-jokes and even character appearances as well because they were both produced by Broccoli. Oh, speaking of Kyoto Animation, why did Suzumiya Haruhi become such a successful series even when it's only 14 eps long? Sorry to get a little off-topic but usually I wouldn't think almost anyone would like a series that has people who don't like normal people, witches, time travellers, breast grabbing, people dressing up like loli-bunny people and vice versa. Okay, back on topic! I saw the RAW of Lucky Star this morning and it was sooooo cute! Konata sounds really cute! She reminds me of one of my friends who is also short and loves anime and manga. Tsukasa and Kagami are also soooo kawaii! Tsukasa reminds me of...well, me for some odd reason. Gah I like'em anyway! The series is soooo random AND cute! Akira reminds me of Taiin from Shounen Onmyouji cuz' of her cheerful personality and voice (That's obvious! They have the SAME seiyuu!).
Well that's because The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was absolute genious in characters and comedy. It's really hard to put it any other way. It has some of my favorite characters of any anime (Kyon rules them all) and is amazingly funny. I don't know if many other shows would have been able to pull of the non-chronological releases either.

I'm holding back on downloading the RAW and just decided to wait for the sub. Hopefully one of the groups that has picked it up will release episode 1 soon.

I claim the green haired girl in the intro if nobody else has yet!

QUOTE (smokie @ Apr 09 2007, 05:43 PM) I claim the green haired girl in the intro if nobody else has yet!
Her name is Minami Iwasaki for future reference.

Let's see if I can name them all:

-Tsukasa Hiiragi: Short light-purple hair
-Konata Izumi: Long blue hair
-Kagami Hiiragi: Long light-purple hair
-Miyuki Takara: Long pink hair
-Minami Iwasaki: Short green hair
-Yutaka Kobayakawa: Light red hair with pig tails
-Hiyori Tamura: Long black hair, wears glasses
-Misao Kusakabe: Short brown hair
-Ayano Minegishi: Long orange hair
-Patricia Martin: Short light orange hair, blue eyes

Newly released sub from SF-subs: Lucky Star 01 torrent

Sadly there is no karaoke yet, but they will be releasing a version tomorrow or the day after with karaoke. They just wanted to get this out quickly. Too bad all my torrents have been going slowly today and backing up. Got 7 running right now at once.

I can't decide on my favorite girl. It's either gonna be Kagami, Miyuki, or Misao. I'll probably make a decision once I actually see the three of them in action. For those that have seen the RAW what are these 3 characters like? or at least Misao cause I think there was a flier posted a page back that had some stuff written about Kagami and Miyuki.

QUOTE (smokie @ Apr 09 2007, 06:43 PM) I claim the green haired girl in the intro if nobody else has yet!
and i claim the main character whos short with really long blue hair. shes kawaii. lol
copyright! shes all mine!

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 09 2007, 09:53 PM) or at least Misao cause I think there was a flier posted a page back that had some stuff written about Kagami and Miyuki.
Misao doesn't appear in episode one. In fact, only the four main girls of Konata, Kagami, Tsukasa and Miyuki make an appearsance; this anime is 24 episodes so give it time, they have the time to stretch it out a bit.
wink.gif

Just saw the first episiode------ awesome--------
the animation.... of the op.......the op song.........everything was awesome and Aya hirano Rulez. Konata Izumi Ruleeeee

By the way ¿Where is the head of the chocolat rolls?? The bigger end or the smaller end? xDDDD

Well then I officially claim Minami Iwasaki.
biggrin.gif

Domo for the info.

With all of you claiming various characters, I hereby claim Patricia Martin, she (other than Konata and the Hiiragi twins) was my favorite character on the Drama CD, though she did get hard to understand from time to time *sweatdrop*
I just hope that Nozomi Sasaki can live up to Patty's role, Satsuki Yukino was perfect on the Drama CD.

Yeah, Just loved the first ep
happy.gif
and the OP is one of the best ever. Need to see more. Some of the jokes were just so stupid but that is what makes it so funny
happy.gif

I just saw the first episode by SF-S Fansubs and I just love this show...the food conversation was done really well. Its just great....I'm can even say its the 1st or 2nd funniest new anime series of this season.....I just feel that its more funnier than Hayate no Gotoku!...but I'm not really sure...they're both great. It reminds me of few of the great anime series I've seen. The SF parody as Guile being the foreigner.

Claimings removed.

I really can't wait for the next episode....I want to also see another group sub this anime as well. I didn't really like how they set the subtitles in this episode, like the "notes" being on the bottom with the characters' lines....I had to stop to read the notes...bah.
dry.gif
But overall, SleepingForest Subs did a great job.....did they sub Air Gear as well ? I don't think they did....anyways it don't matter already seen Air Gear.
biggrin.gif

haha just finished watching this anime.

The OP was awesome. The anime has great randomness that isn't stupid. The main character which would probably be my favorite is so awesome. haha everything is just random. Akira was funny and reminded me of mahoraba.

Dl'ing the manga to this to see how it is. haha so far this is like the perfect anime to me ^^.

Cute girls intrested in anime and games...

What else is there to ask for?

Ah a Cute/attractive girl like that as your G/F!!!

Kona is mine.. i claim her.. the blue haird girl.. I wonder what her gamerscore is? 320k+?

I watched the first episode I thought it was interesting. I want to see where this goes.

I wonder if the opening dance catches on like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I actually thought the first ep was kind of cute. Maybe a little boring in some parts, though the whole how they eat certain foods discussion had me laughing since I love to talk about food, it's almost but not quite as good as eating great food. The background music on certain scenes (like the first cafeteria scene) made me laugh too. I like the opening and ending song though I think some of the other new shows have better music. All in all I will keep an eye out for the next ep to see if it gets better as it goes along.
biggrin.gif

I agree the Op was awesome couldn't hlep but want to listen to it over and over. do anybody know where to download it yet

Tsukino, you can try both gendou.com, but I doubt the song will be out yet. It usually takes a few eps before a song comes out and it's usually only tv size. Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif
I actually forgot that Aya Hirano was doing the voice for one of these characters. Now I'm really glad I gave this show a chance.
biggrin.gif

Whoops I think I may have this anime confused with another that Aya Hirano is doing. Sorry.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 10 2007, 04:37 PM)I just saw the first episode by SF-S Fansubs and I just love this show...the food conversation was done really well. Its just great....I'm can even say its the 1st or 2nd funniest new anime series of this season.....I just feel that its more funnier than Hayate no Gotoku!...but I'm not really sure...they're both great. It reminds me of few of the great anime series I've seen. The SF parody as Guile being the foreigner.

I claim both Miyuki-chan and Akira-chan as mine FOREVER.....DUWA!!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

The reason why I claimed Akira-chan was she's from "Lucky Channel", I like her duel personality...ones a Revy-chan like attitude and then she turns into a super-uber-kawaii energetic lass.

The reason why I claimed Miyuki-chan is she's one of the main girls of "Lucky Star", I like her coz of her appearance, her gentle nature and kawaii ~moe!moe!~ moments as a klutz is just priceless.
laugh.gif

I really can't wait for the next episode....I want to also see another group sub this anime as well. I didn't really like how they set the subtitles in this episode, like the "notes" being on the bottom with the characters' lines....I had to stop to read the notes...bah.
dry.gif
But overall, SleepingForest Subs did a great job.....did they sub Air Gear as well ? I don't think they did....anyways it don't matter already seen Air Gear.
biggrin.gif

I'd like to disagree with you agout this being funnier than hayate. I bet you havn't read the hayate manga. the anime is overly censored and kinda lame but the manga is just great ( can be found at musashi quality homesite) i just get the feeling that the intro to this anime was overly hyper and just unneccessary. also the story seems abit random, like its not really going anywhere, its really random to me .... kinda like hidamari sketch. to me they are kinda similar and im not sure its in a good way
blink.gif
. sorry but i just had to say that, to me it felt too childish. SORRY for offending all you lucky star lovers
sad.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back