Licensed Anime

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE (GrubLord @ Aug 08 2006, 05:20 AM) Just wait 'til they license Inukami as "DAWG GAWD!"

tongue.gif

If it becomes popular, then who knows?
wink.gif

It seems that ADV Films like to license those anime with kawaii girls (take the case of the anime "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World" recently for ex & other anime they've already licensed like Sister Princess, Maburaho, Happy Lesson, Yumeria, Angelic Layer...etc)
They're the largest anime distributor outside Japan so I mean they can license any anime anytime they want.
Although the price of licensed anime is ridiculously expensive here in the U.S, but if you don't want to buy it on DVD, there's always a DVDrip version uploaded out there once the official DVD has been released! That's one thing I love about the spirit of sharing
laugh.gif

Ive got a pretty funny story with ADV. Last year ADV had only 1 panel @ otakon, and the room was packed. They were giving out dvds and other swag to ppl who were asking question, so people all over the place were waving flags and bags, jumping up and down, and wot not. Well, I have a question that I want answered (just for the dvd) so what my friends decided to do, was lift me on their shoulders. Well, for 1, we were struggling because theres 0 room in the isles, and 2, the guy rnning the panel made us wait, he said "I REALLY want to see how long you guys will last." We were on the verge of falling and right before we fell, he deided to show some mercy. We fell anyway trying to get me down, but i got that swag, and some sweet memories.

But thinking about ADV doesnt do all kawaii titles. They've got some serious ones like Elfen Lid, Gantz, Evangelion, full metal panic and Zone of the enders.

QUOTE (gateway1013 @ Aug 11 2006, 10:35 AM) when an anime is Licensed does that mean we cant watch it?
it doesn't mean u can't watch it, it just means that it is illegal to distribute it. Although some fansub groups still sub these licensed titles and that some sites still have them up for download, it is actually illegal to continue hosting (distributing) them

QUOTE (Angerfist @ Aug 11 2006, 12:47 PM) Is Ouran Hight School Host Club licensed or something? Since they're taking so much time to sub it.
no lunar is just slow overall. if u watched suzuka from the very first day aired, u would understand how long it took for them just to get it out. it took them 2-3 weeks to get the final ep out. same for bleach. before db started subbing it, lunar took forever on the project and it was surely not fun waiting.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 11 2006, 01:40 PM) it doesn't mean u can't watch it, it just means that it is illegal to distribute it. Although some fansub groups still sub these licensed titles and that some sites still have them up for download, it is actually illegal to continue hosting (distributing) them
so since fansub has some licensed shows will they stop distributing them? btw thx for helping me!
smile.gif

QUOTE (gateway1013 @ Aug 11 2006, 01:35 PM) so since fansub has some licensed shows will they stop distributing them? btw thx for helping me!
smile.gif

fstv does not host nor distribute licensed anime. when an anime is licensed, it will be removed as soon as possible from the site along with all the bt and ddl links. u can check here for previously and currently hosted anime on fstv: http://fansub.tv/browse.php/

Get Ride! AM Driver was licensed (I dont think anyone subbed it???) by illumitoon on 8/15/06.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is not licensed and will probably have the files restored at a later date. It appears that it was a false rumor and the ADV promotional materials were not authentic.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Aug 20 2006, 09:25 PM) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is not licensed and will probably have the files restored at a later date. It appears that it was a false rumor and the ADV promotional materials were not authentic.
according to wiki...they say that the licensing of the anime is still in the talks. but thats a relief daft anyways.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 20 2006, 10:49 PM)same as haruhi, The Third is not licensed. apparently ADV didn't officially claim it and left it behind. sry for any confusion.
Thanks for letting me know about the mistake. How long does it usually take for the listing to be restored? Thx. Honoka Rocks!

QUOTE (Zaero @ Aug 21 2006, 06:41 PM) Thanks for letting me know about the mistake. How long does it usually take for the listing to be restored? Thx. Honoka Rocks!
the time for the files to be restored depends on daft not me.

although Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society has already been licensed, this is one anime u really don't want people uploading on this site nor the forums. here's the message from Bandai Entertainment USA:

"Bandai Entertainment USA sent out a press release today warning fansubbers that they may be prosecuted for fansubbing Bandai titles, specifically Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society.

Several fansub sites have publicly announced plans to create and distribute illegal fansubs of Solid State Society following its release in Japan. However, Bandai Entertainment Inc. and Manga Entertainment have secured the exclusive right to distribute this title in the US. The creation of translated versions of Solid State Society is considered an unauthorized derivative and constitutes infringement of the intellectual property rights in the work as well as unfair competition. Furthermore, uploading and downloading of the programs without an official license or explicit consent by the content owner(s) constitutes infringement of copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights, and is an illegal act. Bandai must take steps to protect its investment in the property and will take all measures available to stop the illegal distribution of its titles, including instituting court proceedings. If it is forced to do so, Bandai is prepared to seek statutory damages and/or damages to cover its loss of sales.

“Fansubs, even those not sold for profit, are harmful to our properties and industry overall and we will be watching closely to make sure our rights regarding SSS are not infringed,” said Ken Iyadomi, President of Bandai Entertainment Inc. “We are prepared to take legal action against fansubbers and illegal download and other distribution sites if this notice is ignored,” he added."

Source: ANN: http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9410

although this doesn't directly apply to fansub.tv completely, this is just a heads up to definetely do not upload this one anime esp.

Well, it was just a matter of time till someting like this happened. it may be that in near future also other studios will take similar action against fansubs.

A side note..... what always kindo wondered me are all those torrent sites such as thepiratebay, mininova or even isohunt, who calmly and openly offer torrents for download, even though it is technically speaking illegal to do that. My question is, if it is illegal, how come these webpages are not persecuted? OK, maybe I have too little information on this subject.... but it is an interesting matter!!!

QUOTE (warita200 @ Aug 27 2006, 04:02 AM) Well, it was just a matter of time till someting like this happened. it may be that in near future also other studios will take similar action against fansubs.

A side note..... what always kindo wondered me are all those torrent sites such as thepiratebay, mininova or even isohunt, who calmly and openly offer torrents for download, even though it is technically speaking illegal to do that. My question is, if it is illegal, how come these webpages are not persecuted? OK, maybe I have too little information on this subject.... but it is an interesting matter!!!
they just haven't been caught yet
tongue.gif
.... well in reality iono that is quite interestiny since tosho has been around for quite a bit.

QUOTE (mohammed2006 @ Aug 27 2006, 03:15 AM)Detective Conan movie 10

cud u put the title in red color font so that it stands out and so it doesn't blend in with the other redundant text on this page thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back