Leech or not leech

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Goro_Fugita

-chan
Kouhai
Thast the qustion...

What is the acceptable level of leeching...who is concidered a good leecha and who a freaking ass?

Its something I have asked myself...anyone cares to say something about it?

that's not easy to decide.

for example if u used Baka-ost the if u post 7 posts just to enter the ep.s area and never post again then u'r a "freaking ass"

aonther more general example,
if u leech and not click on the ads then u'r a "freaking ass"

u know somthing like that!!!

For every 1 site i'm a regular at the forum, i leech of a hundred more.

I can't say it is possible to be active to show your appreciation at all these sites forums .... but there is a limit ....

Atm i'm currently active in

http://www.animeotaku.info

http://www.baka-ost.org

http://www.narutomania.com

http://www.fansub.tv

I'm unactive in

http://www.muffinforum.com

Which i hope to check out later when i have free time but as it is i have lots of work to do with Baka-Ost and university studies so ....

So it's not like i'm ungrateful, i download/leech where sites allow and am active on some. It's cause i have my hands full with existing forums and i do my share to give back to the anime community as a whole, and i got my own life to deal with.

So i don't think asking for more would be possible heh
smile.gif

Anyway it's a hobby. If it wasn't i'd be leeching 100% and be playing Cs games all day lol.

Hehehe but its true that we forget about the forums that gave us so much!

We have to post at least 7 no spam posting per wekk...dont you think

ANd also click in every banner they have to support...thats what I say

well .. these 7 posts wont give u Complete DL Section of Baka-OST ...

btw ...
atm ... im only active in
Baka-ost
Fansub.tv
Animeotaku
Anicom

AND I CANT HANDLE ANYMORE ..
4 r enough i guess ...

Hmmm...

i dont that much on the sites, i read the messages and surf the site...
i dont know if that's a complete ass
because its hard to just post specially when you dont know anybody
although there are the introductory threads for the site its hard to just because people may say things such as "who is this person who's posting" something to that effect...

its hard to say whos leeching or not

but theres one way to see who's leeching, if you could count the number of downloads of a person and the bandwidth that person uses and compare it to how that person sees the ads, post messages and donate...

just a though

Well, being an a** is completely ignoring all the rules, posting the minimum (or whatever else the requirement for d/l is) and then never even knowing what's going on on the site.

Such as you get pissed because the media's down and you don't know why because you NEVER read the news and know what the poor site's going through. Also, when the site asks you to d/l only 1 file at a time and you're d/l 3, that's just wrong. Also a leecher never know's they're a leecher, they justify their a**holiness by never thinking that they might just be the problem. I try to click the adds and post when I can. But I have been guilty of leeching a site (just a bit).
dry.gif

I try to stay active in all the forums I join, and because I'm joined to so many I keep my name the same. The only problem is that right now I have to use others' internet access due to mine being down, so it's hard to stay active. My most important forums are:

AnimeOtaku (AO)
Baka-OST

And the newly joined Fansub.tv.

But until I get my internet connection working again, this is all that I can handle.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (fortheLOVEofPIRACY @ Nov 11 2004, 11:08 AM) Well, being an a** is completely ignoring all the rules, posting the minimum (or whatever else the requirement for d/l is) and then never even knowing what's going on on the site.

Such as you get pissed because the media's down and you don't know why because you NEVER read the news and know what the poor site's going through. Also, when the site asks you to d/l only 1 file at a time and you're d/l 3, that's just wrong. Also a leecher never know's they're a leecher, they justify their a**holiness by never thinking that they might just be the problem. I try to click the adds and post when I can. But I have been guilty of leeching a site (just a bit).
dry.gif

I try to stay active in all the forums I join, and because I'm joined to so many I keep my name the same. The only problem is that right now I have to use others' internet access due to mine being down, so it's hard to stay active. My most important forums are:

AnimeOtaku (AO)
Baka-OST

And the newly joined Fansub.tv.

But until I get my internet connection working again, this is all that I can handle.
tongue.gif

That is most than true my friend....

Some leechers are just inconcidered and just never think of the hard work not only of the great sites as Fansub.tv, baka.ost, animeu but of the fansubers by downloading irresponsably and well so many more, but also stick thir head up their asses and compalint of problems without even posting or trying to help around.

I mean...I know its hard to help everywhere...it hard for me to help in baka-ost, animesanction, aniwebdivx and also in anitenchu all at the same time...but I do an effort, and I hope someday I will be able to help fansub.tv also

Leechers are what destroy destroy forums and sites. When you see them posting just to get access to downloads by just writing anything, but not adding anything to the theads. They just post the minimum number or words not to get caught for spamming. Or else they open multiple connections on download sites that ask not to do that because they know the site doesn't have anything to detect the multiple connections. Or else they just go to limited sites and just download everything and use up the bandwith so fast that no else gets access. That is what I call a bad leecher.

When you are active in a forum, it is not necessarily the number of posts you make, but the quality.

posting is very important .. i think the system at animeotaku is good because it ensures people will continue to post ...

sites that let u post 20 times or 25 times eg tenkai.net

often people just post 25 and then leech all its anime ... and never post agen

Personally, I would prefer 10 active board members who contribute something of value to discussions over 1000 registered members posting random stuff everyday. The spam I get through email is more than enough for me.

I try not to leech, but I've only recently got broadband so hopefully I will be able to be a more active member of the various forums I have registered at. Sadly real-life tends to keep me away from forums alot of the time, but that's just the way it is.

Leeching, to me, is fufilling the basic requirements to download and then downloading to excess. I tend to only download one file at a time from whatever site I'm at (occasional exception is baka-ost where I may download two files at a time when there is a flood of releases.

Anime-otaku had to implement the ticket system to try and stop leechers who were thrashing the site and making it very difficult for regular users to download files. Now, sadly, it appears that there are an incredible number of posts, most of which add nothing to the topic. I find it difficult to read topics like that, due to the amount of responses that aren't adding anything.

I agree with daft27 in that I would prefer 10 active members who contribute something of value to discussions.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Nov 13 2004, 01:17 AM) Personally, I would prefer 10 active board members who contribute something of value to discussions over 1000 registered members posting random stuff everyday. The spam I get through email is more than enough for me.
You have a very good point there...baka-ost is a mad house...I dont post for three days and when I come back there are like 34 new posts in all the postings I left a commnet...so reading that much...and a lot of it is just crap...well makes me boared and sont really post much after reading 2 or three tops postings

you know how baka ost has the new rule that u must post 25 times b4 the end of the month

have you seen wats been posted?? lol

its the biggest spam ever ...

eg
"thank you, wow thats cool, o that series is funny"

i mean honestly post or dont post that stuff is unnecessary

but leeching is morally bad but its every man for themselves so leeching is inevitable

Well a good leech for me is someone whgo is interested the site and feels gratefull
to the ppl who created and are leading the site AND showing his apreciation by posting or at least clicking the adds from time to time - a person who takes part in the life of site or its forum
wink.gif

A bad leech is a person that registers and forgets about the site and cares only bout its downloads or a person who posts one word/letter/smiley & floods post to get access
the site DL and forgets about it afterwards
dry.gif

I agree though that u cant post in all the forums at once so u cant expect ppl to be active on all the sites they belong to the problem is that person should decide which site does he/.she likes most and stick to it
tongue.gif

I am a leech myself but if I find that the forum is interesting I register and stay active as much as I can...

I try to make my posts long and meaningful just to show i'm not there for the downloads, but the fun of sharing my opinions...

If I find the forum dead as nothing is going on for a week or two (yes it happens in a few forums I went to) I just dl what I like then leave a few posts for the weekly quota...

High level Leecher - those who are happy to download file not just one in a time but maybe more from a place from time to time and they dunno when to stop as long as they can download the file they keep going and going and goiing ....... and the worst is they don't contribute or participating in the site.

Currently im active in AO and anireactor and fansub too
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back