Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: RIN-NE of the Boundary (Circle of Reincarnation)
Japanese: 境界のRINNE (りんね)
Airing dates: 4/4/2015 (TV series 25 episodes) and 3/10/2009 (commercial)
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Action, Supernatural, School, Shounen
Original creator: Rumiko Takahashi
Director: Seiki Sugawara
Written by: Michiko Yokote
Music by: Akimitsu Honma
Character designer: Kazuhiko Tamura
Art director: Yukihiro Shibutani
Sound director: Takeshi Takadera
Director of photography: Yorinobu Oda
Action animation director: Ryō Tanaka
Animation producer: Kazumitsu Ozawa
Color design by: Yūko Fukuda
Producers: Kōhei Kudō and Yūsuke Fujita
Executive producers: Atsuko Kashiwagi, Masahiro Nojima and Rui Sawaki
Studio: Brain's Base
Network: NHK-E
Opening theme: "Ōka Ranman (桜花爛漫 / Riot of Cherry Blossoms)" by KEYTALK
Ending theme: "Toki no Wa (トキノワ / The Ring of Time)" by Passepied

Main cast: Rinne Rokudō (六道 りんね) voiced by Kaito Ishikawa (TV) and Kōki Uchiyama (CM)
Sakura Mamiya (真宮 桜) voiced by Marina Inoue (TV) and Mariya Ise (CM)
Rokumon (六文) voiced by Hitomi Nabatame (TV) and Rie Kugimiya (CM)
Tamako (魂子) voiced by Satsuki Yukino (TV)
Sabato Rokudō (六道 鯖人) voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi (TV)

Tsubasa Jūmonji (十文字 翼) voiced by Ryōhei Kimura (TV)
Masato (魔狭人) voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara (TV)
Miho (ミホ) voiced by Sora Tokui (TV)
Rika (リカ) voiced by Aya Suzaki (TV)
Narration (ナレーション) by Tesshō Genda
Supporting cast: Ayame Sasaki (佐々木あやめ)
Oboro (朧)
Kain (架印)
Suzu (珠洲)
Renge (れんげ)
Ageha (鳳)
Official website: CM:PV:

Synopsis:
High school student Sakura Mamiya began to see ghosts and ghouls after she was tricked into taking a trip to the otherworld as a child. However, cool and collected, she is not extremely phased when she finds out that her always-absent classmate Rinne Rokudō is actually working as a shinigami (god of death) on the side, helping lost spirits reach the wheel of reincarnation. Although he is a talented young man with shinigami blood in his veins, he is extremely poor, and is forced to rely on Sakura's assistance- monetary or otherwise- to solve many of his cases.

Necropinion: so unlike Re-kan this spring, Sakura isnt too friendly with spirits
tongue.gif

For me this is looking like the love-child of RANMA 1/2 and NORIGAMI. Kudos to the team to actually devote an entire episode to developing the relationship between the main characters instead of just thrusting us into their adventures based on a wink and a nod to convince us that they have history and chemistry to trust each other to help (or in some cases, hinder) in difficult situations.

Now I have to see what their new melded world will take shape to look like. Does he help her with school bullies? Does she hold the key to averting the apocalypse? It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

By the way, kind of weird that they have a main character in the promo photo that is missing in the casting list. Did a cast member end up on the cutting room floor with Marketing being made aware of it? Not too often that I see that blatant an omission. (Girl in the pink sailor uniform with red ribbon and bow.)

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 11 2015, 05:09 PM)By the way, kind of weird that they have a main character in the promo photo that is missing in the casting list. Did a cast member end up on the cutting room floor with Marketing being made aware of it? Not too often that I see that blatant an omission.or maybe the official site will add Ageha as main later, well ep.2 wasn't so good with a rouge Reaper bunny foe... by the catkid i hope it'll be better tomorrow ;/ at least now, we know Sakura's 6th sense is fault of Rinne's granny~*ouch!*
sleep.gif

so in ep'4 as expected from Rumiko's works and old school humor, Rinne's rival in love and exorcism Jūmonji arrives... but after #5 i guess the series has more in common with Re-Kan than i thought, maybe Hanako keeps appearing there
smile.gif

@poll question

For a long time mine was ranma 1/2. Inuyasha and the rest are great, but ranma 1/2 simply has that thing that you can't quite name, its simply cool and funny all around, and the drama is not non-existant.

Now im not so sure, i think i might be liking Kyoukai no Rinne more, i think i will wait until i finish the anime to vote :3

Also the animation and opening and ending are great, its quite fun to finally see a proper adaptation of a series that deserves it (the opening might be a bit stiff and probably isn't a 10 out of 10 but its great nonetheless!) Hurray for Rumiko-sensei!

QUOTE (Klyern @ May 13 2015, 1:42 PM)im not so sure, i think i might be liking Kyoukai no Rinne more, i think i will wait until i finish the anime to votthe most balanced for me if not best of her major works up to ep'7: not as nuts as Urusei, less predictable than Ranma... on drama or frustration below Ikkoku and Inuyasha, but we'll see after Rinne and his foe Masato go to hell (literally)
wink.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 23 2015, 04:00 AM) the most balanced for me if not best of her major works up to ep'7: not as nuts as Urusei, less predictable than Ranma... on drama or frustration below Ikkoku and Inuyasha, but we'll see after Rinne and his foe Masato go to hell (literally)
wink.gif

Hey btw, is that really all the cast? with 25 episodes i was hoping we would get to see more of the manga's cast, but i guess i was naive? after all if that would happen, the introductions would eat into the entire anime cour.

QUOTE (Klyern @ May 26 2015,5:04 PM)with 25 episodes i was hoping we would get to see more of the manga's cast, but i guess i was naive? after all if that would happen, the introductions would eat into the entire anime cour.Many others will show up judging by its OP and ep.9 preview, the Damashigami company of someone related to Rinne... that cinderella play was meh but funny to see him as maid, attacking like a magical girl so when 'Is it a Zombie S3?
laugh.gif

So far so good, with every episode the characters feel like they gain more depth bit by bit, Mamiya-san finding Rinne-kun inside the well with Ageha was just priceless, i think it was a good episode to release the new opening and ending, im liking the new ones a lot too.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jul 10 2015, 07:17 AM)So far so good, with every episode the characters feel like they gain more depth bit by bit, Mamiya-san finding Rinne-kun inside the well with Ageha was just priceless, i think it was a good episode to release the new opening and ending, im liking the new ones a lot toher arc was fun yet ep'16 not much for me about a yoyo spirit, but by Rumiko's love twists I think we'll see AgehaxJūmonji... also Masato is back and a new foe in last preview, i just dislike in 2nd OP and ED reused animation of first ones
sleep.gif

ugh first time i felt bad for Ageha-sama being scammed, beaten in card games so much :/ 'sorry for treating you like an idiot'... damn Rokumon xD still great X'Mas for me ep'22 is the best yet, sadly this series will end soon (it's just a kotatsu)
laugh.gif

Rin-ne of the Boundary: Second series, more death and rebirth in a comical way

QUOTE (Klyern @ May 26 2015, 4:04 PM)btw, is that really all the cast?with Ageha's cat in ep.1, a female one and another reaper girl will debut next
biggrin.gif

Kyoukai no RINNE third season, becoming a long series like Ranma or Inuyasha?

Knorris908 said:
Kudos to the team to actually devote an entire episode to developing the relationship between the main characters instead of just thrusting us into their adventures based on a wink and a nod to convince us that they have history and chemistry to trust each other to help (or in some cases, hinder) in difficult situations.

Now I have to see what their new melded world will take shape to look like. Does he help her with school bullies? Does she hold the key to averting the apocalypse? It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
nah it's slice of life'ish up to ep.51, but kudos Brain's Base xD Reaper licenses :p

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back