Kyou no Go no Ni

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I finally watched the first episode of the tv series. I loved the ova, and it is on my top ten list.

My thoughts on tv series:

Artwork: annoys the crap out of me (what's with the changing style whenever something ecchi happens?). I guess it's supposed to be funny, but It just looks dumb.

Animation: It appears to be kind of incongruous, with the character designs looking pretty strange in a select few shots.

Comedy: The first episode started with the same exact jokes as the ova, just in a different order. The second half was new, but that doesn't fix it. It's like watching the ova again, but with worse animation, artwork, and comedy.

I am very disappointed. I will probably continue to watch it though, only because of the win in the ova series. I highly recommend going out and finding the ova series first. So much better.

i was surprised when i seen this on the site as i thought they were only doing the 5 ova's of this but now it looks like they are going to do a seasons long of it 13 episodes, so i thought this will be great, so i finished watching the 1st episode and I'm not that happy, they have a changed the style of the characters, there faces seem more bland and expressionless in the most part so the i don't find it as funny as the ova's because most of the joke are expressed thought there facile expression of the characters but mostly the main charter Ryota Satou and they have also toned down on the ecchi-ness (if that a word) of the show so it seeming more like it will be standard romance, School comedy, feast,

I'll be honest... I didn't have the same tickling moments like from the OVA so long ago... It hurts... and for me... it was all about the voices and faces. That's what pulled me in the first time. This time around... I think that I'll watch just because of the OVA as said by chickenwing... But it will not go under my recommended listings. Maybe, I'll push the OVA in my A.C's after hours section. Hrmn...

I think everyone who has seen the OVA is disappointed in the TV series. Like the artwork is terrible compared to the OVA. But i guess everyone who watched the OVA had high expectations on the TV series. It would be good if they redo the TV series and change it to fit the animation of the OVA since the air guitar part would look way better. Also what i don't like is the fat faces. Like Aihara looks ugly in the TV version.

Well all i can do is watch and pretend the TV characters look like the OVA characters in artwork and watch the new periods.

I like most find the TV version sub standard.

If you have not seen the OVA I would recommend not watching the OVA until the TV series has ended. That way you will not feel let down. It was like Tenchi, I first saw Tenchi in Tokyo and liked it, then I saw the OVA and was blown away.

As we all agree animation is ok but since we already have a standard set it disappoints, It would be fine if there eyes didn't keep crossing and turning all odd in scenes. This is my biggest issue along with they made the characters younger looking in my opinion.

So far the funny level has been low. The broom guitar scene dragged out forever and the pacing for the bouncy ball and Pencil scene seemed odd. I think they major contributing factor is the lack of ecchi. Kyou no go no ni is pretty much fully based on "misunderstandings" and very bad timing. Innocent in nature but so wrong if not in the context.

Taking aside the voice acting and design there is still hope, I will stick with this hoping that I can laugh.

Also can we get a thread, or this one moved to the Kyou No Go no Ni TV post?

I watched the 4-episode OVA and the Special episodes, including the 1 volume manga last week and loved them to bits. I just watched the first episode of the new TV series and as someone said before, the 2nd half of the episode is completely NEW, nonetheless, I preferred the animation used in the OVA and the OVA was hundred times more ecchier (in a good way) with lots of pantsu and breat shots, whereas, in the TV version's animation, they don't do any pantsu shots and its pretty hard to make the characters more ecchier in the version, such as Aihara's tooth-ache scene, when Aihara was sucking and biting on Ryouta's finger in the OVA, it was much more raunchier than the TV version's depiction of that scene.
wink.gif
I guess the reason is because the animation studio behind the OVA, usually work on hentai productions.
laugh.gif

Anyways, I'm liking all the "extra" fillers to this series and I wanna see what else they're gonna do.
rolleyes.gif

You know, the mangaka should really do a sequel to this series, when they're in their last year of high school and make into a shoujo.........ahhhh, actually on second thoughts, don't both, he might end up ruining the original flavour of this classic.
biggrin.gif

Some scenes at this Kyo No Go no Ni Tv has already been showed at the OVA, so some part are already like a remake!! anyway its much more detailed in the Tv version!!

I saw episode 02 and they re-arranged the parts with added anime-TV-original parts to make it flow as if the events are all taking at place in one day with the P.E., then changing time and the lost bloomers. Some of the extra scenes made for the TV version are seriousy good and worth watching.
biggrin.gif

So the TV version is growing on me. I will actually say Ep 2 was very enjoyable! I am not minding the character style anymore and have grown to like it. The pudding scene was so over the top! with the playing of Ave Marie as they spin in the air with sun shining in a majestic way. FUNNY!

Also, the opening song rocks, sooo much better then the OVA.

Actually I don't think I can accept the poor animation quality of the TV series...just look at the comparison:

1224084971828.png

Note: Up=OVA, Down=TV

QUOTE (Velheart @ Oct 16 2008, 06:48 AM) Some scenes at this Kyo No Go no Ni Tv has already been showed at the OVA, so some part are already like a remake!! anyway its much more detailed in the Tv version!!
I don't think it's more detailed. I just think there's more in it. (This is going to be something like 3 times as long as the ova series)

Anyways, I still can't say I like it. It looks like it had the chance to be pretty good but blew it. Episode 2 was better than 1, but not by a lot. I still don't like the character designs, or even the animation quality.

QUOTE (chickenwing71x @ Oct 19 2008, 10:51 AM) I don't think it's more detailed. I just think there's more in it. (This is going to be something like 3 times as long as the ova series)

Anyways, I still can't say I like it. It looks like it had the chance to be pretty good but blew it. Episode 2 was better than 1, but not by a lot. I still don't like the character designs, or even the animation quality.
I couldn't agree with you more.

The characters look kinda...weird and ugly.

Hmm I think they made it more for little children. The OVA was more for teenagers age 12-20 and i think the TV series is aimed for 6-10 years olds. I think this is why most of us don't like it' since it's too childish.

HoBz, the TV series ain't for 6-10 years old...its still aimed at teenagers and so did the OVA, only difference is the studio who did the OVA have a history of doing hentai productions, whereas, the studio behind the TV series ain't.
rolleyes.gif

Episode 03 was pretty good....I think it was only the "skirt" segment which was TV-only and not from the OVA or Manga. I absolutely love this series....I enjoyed the manga, the OVA and now I'm enjoying the TV series.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

I watched episode 4 and 5 yesterday and just finished watching episode 06 and I must say that this series is excellent.....the parts where the studio have made their "own chapters" are great. The ED to episode 06 was just superb.........I WANT THAT SONG!! XD
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Only 7 more episodes to the end of Kyou no Go no Ni, I wish the original author would make a version of all the characters when they're all older.....that would be fun but it would probably be a bit sour as at that age, it becomes more drama and romance and less comedy...in my opinion.
wink.gif

You know, after watching ep 1 I stopped, but after reading JC's comments I gave it another shot. This series is F***ing HILARIOUS. I can't stop laughing during when watching this. It brings up such familiar memories. The bloomer inquisition climax and the shooting star sleep thing just about made me fall out of my chair.

Ryouta is such an unfortunate guy

Glad to hear that more and more ppl are giving this series a chance.
biggrin.gif

I guess I forgot to write about episode 07 here.
wink.gif
I can't remember much apart from the girls PWN the guys so much, I felt sorry for them.......especially during the water-gun fight......if only they showed us the mayhem instead of the pile of water-drenched corpses left at the end of the battle by the girls.
laugh.gif
Also, LOL.....Ryouta beat Natsumi in embroidery.....she's such a tomboy.
laugh.gif

I want to see the scene where Ryouta eats flavoured chalk and then kisses Chika in the same chapter/scene.....has that happened in the anime yet ?
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Nov 20 2008, 10:44 AM)Glad to hear that more and more ppl are giving this series a chance.
I want to see the scene where Ryouta eats flavoured chalk and then kisses Chika in the same chapter/scene.....has that happened in the anime yet ?

No, not yet. Indeed this series is worth a chance
biggrin.gif
. It sure is funny to see. Episode 8 with the milk story and Ryouta sure is funny. Aihara sure is funny too when she keeps on mention food
laugh.gif

And to all who think it is childish. Indeed the series seems to be aimed to a younger public but what the hell. It still is funny to watch
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Nov 26 2008, 04:18 PM)
No, not yet. Indeed this series is worth a chance
biggrin.gif
. It sure is funny to see. Episode 8 with the milk story and Ryouta sure is funny. Aihara sure is funny too when she keeps on mention food
laugh.gif

And to all who think it is childish. Indeed the series seems to be aimed to a younger public but what the hell. It still is funny to watch
biggrin.gif

For me the childishness is the draw because it reminds me of myself when I was a kid. I can see me and my childhood friends in so many of their actions. It is meant to be childish, and causes a different kind of laughter.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back