Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired

Title: Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu (Today, I'll Start Our Love)
Premier: June 25, 2010
Type: OAD
Episodes: Unknown
Genres: Shoujo, Romance, School-Life, Drama

Summary: Tsubaki is a girl who loves making her younger sister's hair pretty every morning, but she doesn't think that kind of style suits herself! On the day of her High School Opening Ceremony, after she failed to be the top student (who usually makes the ceremony speech), she finds herself sitting next to the actual top student of the 1st years, the worst rude guy ever, Kyouta. Because of his saying bad things to her she purposely cuts his hair. Kyota requests that Tsubaki pay him back "with her body" but Tsubaki pays him back by fixing his hair and making it even shorter! Afterwards, Kyota unexpectedly kisses Tsubaki and swears he'll make her his woman.

Opinion and first episode impressions:
So all I have to say is that the manga is fantastic. As for the OAD that was bundled with the ninth volume of the manga....not so great. Even for a manga reader, this was an awful adaptation. Not only is the episode only 20 minutes long, but the animation is very poor coming from J.C. Staff. The only redeeming point of this episode was it's beautiful character designs, which J.C. Staff has had quite the trend going lately. Discounting the music score, the story? What story? Jumping chapters as if expecting even manga readers to follow was clearly getting over their heads. The lack of proper pacing and flow is what really kills the OAD and comes no where close to bringing out the full potential the manga had. Skipping the important early developments after showing only a glance of the first few chapters was the biggest mistake possible as it leaves those new to the story questioning what happens, and potentially leaving a poor impression that may drive them away from picking up the manga.

On another note, a second DVD has been announced this fall:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-...e-dvd-green-lit

Hopefully the second OAD does a better job

Just like Kit said without reading the manga (didnt read it) its almost impossible to follow whats happening because you get tossed around like in an rollercoaster. Especially what the people say and how they behave was a complete mystery to me and seemed completely strange.
But after reading the summary on MAL it was possible to understand.

I hope we get a few explanations in ep 2 since it does seem like a nice romance show, at least the last 10 minutes were pretty good and stable.
But if not I will drop this and maybe I will read the manga one day.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back