Kurozuka

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
kurozuka800_600.jpg

Title: Kurozuka
Japanese Title: é»’å¡š
Genre: Action, Romance, Horror, Mature, Sci-fi, Supernatural
Premier: Fall 2008 (October)
Original Creator: Baku Yumemakura
Production: Animax

Plot:

Minamoto no Yoshitsune (Kurō). Kurō flees into the mountains after losing to his brother Minamoto no Yoritomo — the first Shogun to rule all of Japan. History records that he committed suicide, but instead, Kurō meets a strange, beautiful woman named Kuromitsu in her mountain hermitage. Eventually, Kurō falls in love with Kuromitsu, but then realizes she conceals a dark secret. He learns that he is unable to die and continues to live for a thousand years as Japan evolves into a future society.

(~from ANN~)

Plot Version 2.0:

From Izumo no Ryuu:
A story of obsessive love and constant pursue told over a 1000 year period.

Addition by Suicen: Hmmm.... that description doesn't say much. I'll add in a bit. This long over 1000 years journey focuses on our main protagonist Kurou. This may be a tad bit confusing at the beginning, but once you udnerstand the plot this story can be quite entertaining, but the main story goes as such: It starts with out with Kurou meeting a beautiful woman by the name of Kuromitsu, thus began a relationship which transcends life and memories. A journey of immortals and those who chase after it. The majority of this story takes place a few centuries into the future where Kurou is separated from Kuromitsu and without memories and he then searches for answers to who is and why he does not die and who was the woman he is soo transfixed upon.

(~taken from D-addicts~)

i5150hr4.jpg

My Thouhgts:

Reminds me of Kaiba. All of the volumes of the manga have been scanlated....its got lots of gore and nudity...NOTE: NOT FOR THE WEAK-HEARTED!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

Cool!! =)

Insane Anime.
Kinda crazy like Shigurui.
Awesome action and vampire-esque conditions.
Exactly my type of anime.
Hopefully, it'll keep up with the same intensity in the rest of the episodes too...

Okay! This one caught my attention, especially, since JCD says it reminds him of Kaiba....well, I will have myself a look see...love the picture btw...will come back to comment further after I have seen the first episode.
wink.gif

Here's a little something...
http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/2008...nd-impressions/
Now what really has piqued my interest is the fact that some members of the Black Lagoon directing team, are involved with this one...
wink.gif

Finally! It is subbed and ready to go.....I have been waiting for this one....it seems
that Shinsen and yuurisansubs, will do this one together....looking forward to watching it after I get home from work.
wink.gif
Hooray!

Excellent. I recently read the manga and I was actually looking forward to anime adaption so this is great news for me, although I'm really interested to see if they'll stick to somewhat convoluted storyline featured in manga.

Episode 01's action was magnificent and has a very similar tone to Basilik, it also gave me the same feel I got from Jigoku Shoujo from the creepiness.
rolleyes.gif
The manga is finished and only has 10 volumes with 40 chapters in total, I'll be reading this throughout this week, the manga's art style is similar to Claymore.
rolleyes.gif

This series will be getting only 12 episodes, which sounds decent.
rolleyes.gif

I was going to say the same thing about the tone being similar to Basilik, this anime to me is peaceful yet it's eerie and there's action, if that makes any sense to anybody else. X3
The animation is very beautiful; I agree it's similar to Claymore's which has to be one of my favorites.
I haven't read the manga but I'm interested in it. I'm so excited about this one. ^__^

I wasn't sure of what to expect at first but boy was I amazed. The drawing is great, the action is great, and the characters are wonderful!

i was looking up the new fall series out and i came across this and to me this is the most intriguing anime this fall with it been of this two people that fall love at first site and weren't like this other romance anime that take a long time to show there affection towards each other which was that got me to watch and i know people were expecting alot of nudity and sex but is good the way it is anyways also how the plot revolves around this guy that loses all hes memory centuries later and the love of hes life which is the only thing that making him moving forward which is nice and different from other anime series that deal with romance taking until the very end for one kiss scene and the end also the dialogue is not annoying with it been the main characters blussing and always saying sorry and stuff that is very annoying about alot of animes now anyways does are my thought and chaos head looks promising too.

Has a ninja scroll feel to it. i dont have my own verdict on this yet, nice having a couple of gory animes this season tho.

The description sort of reminds me of Mermaids scar. Hopefully it's a little like that, more my tastes.

you know anime is running out of Ideas when they make "Ninja vampires
ph34r.gif
". Hell it still looks like a good anime, but is'nt 12 eppys too short?

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Oct 13 2008, 03:51 PM) Episode 01's action was magnificent and has a very similar tone to Basilik, it also gave me the same feel I got from Jigoku Shoujo from the creepiness.
rolleyes.gif
The manga is finished and only has 10 volumes with 40 chapters in total, I'll be reading this throughout this week, the manga's art style is similar to Claymore.
rolleyes.gif

This series will be getting only 12 episodes, which sounds decent.
rolleyes.gif

I'd have to agree...yet another brilliant anime for this season which is shaping up too be extremely good.

12 ep will do it well I think and we'll see a lot of plot and no filler episodes....but yeah I love this kind of action
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Vicepuma @ Oct 14 2008, 05:19 AM) I'd have to agree...yet another brilliant anime for this season which is shaping up too be extremely good.
12 ep will do it well I think and we'll see a lot of plot and no filler episodes....but yeah I love this kind of action
biggrin.gif

Another one to add to my collection....what an awesome piece of work...beautiful in its detail, style, color, and gore. The character design I already loved when I viewed the first episode's screenshots....ah, and the OP..."Japanese Screamo" all the way....very interesting. One of my brothers was watching the OP and the first 10 minutes and was very impressed by it....me? Well, what to say when a beautiful Samurai is made immortal and lives for 1000 years?
wink.gif
And thanks to my friend, Vicepuma-san, who claimed that I take forever to watch anime....well, I am only to happy to have proved him wrong with this masterpiece!
tongue.gif
Much more eye appealing than Basilisk...and I am a fan of that one as well. Hats off, to some of the Black Lagoon directing team for this one!

i dont know about you guys, but this one is the best ive seen so far this fall season release... the Action is really nice and superior... like matrix style. i havent seen an anime with this stylized action scenes. plus the story is really mysterious and dark. plus theres romance...omg!!! this anime is really good. i have a feeling it might be the next claymore or something...hopefully. its like basilisk+ninja scroll+blade of the immortal(disppointed about this anime alot) all in one. Wow! wow! really good.

Though I was interested in the story, I actually stopped reading the Manga after a few chapters because I found the art to be too ugly. Well, the animators fixed that problem because the show looks beautiful and the action sequences were very impressive. Definitely looking forward to more of this.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back