Koufuku Graffiti

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Happy Cooking Graffiti
Japanese: 幸腹 グラフィティ
Airing date: 8/1/2015 (TV series 12 episodes)
Genres: Comedy, Slice of life
Original creator: Makoto Kawai
Chief director: Akiyuki Shinbo
Director: Naoyuki Tatsuwa
Written by: Mari Okada
Music by: Kotringo
Character designer and chief animation director: Kazuya Shiotsuki
Animation directors: Shinya Nishizawa and Takumi Yokota
Art director: Ken Naito
Sound director: Toshiki Kameyama
Director of photography: Takayuki Aizu
Color design by: Yasuko Watanabe
Editing by: Rie Matsubara
Studio: Shaft
Produced by: Koufuku Graffiti Production Committee
Network: TBS, MBS, CBC, BS-TBS
Opening theme: "Shiawase ni Tsuite Watashi ga Shitteiru Itsutsu no Houhou (幸せについて私が知っている5つの方法 The 5 Ways I Know to Become Happy)" by Maaya Sakamoto
Ending theme: "Egao ni Naru (笑顔になる I Get a Smile on My Face)" by Rina Satō and Asuka Ōgame
Insert song: "Shiawase Graffiti" (しあわせグラフィティ Happiness Graffiti)" by Rina Satō and Asuka Ōgame

Main cast: Ryō Machiko (町子 リョウ) voiced by Rina Satō
Kirin Morino (森野 きりん) voiced by Asuka Ōgame
Shiina (椎名) voiced by Mikako Komatsu
Supporting cast: Tsuyuko (露子) voiced by Yū Kobayashi

Yuki Uchiki (内木 ユキ) voiced by Yuka Iguchi
Akira Machiko (町子 明) voiced by Ai Nonaka
Hina Yamazaki (山崎 陽菜) voiced by Haruka Chisuga
Mei Tsuchida (土田 芽生) voiced by Juri Nagatsuma
Manga 1-3:
Misaki Yoneya (米谷 美咲)
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/koufuku_g/chara/images/chara_img09.jpg voiced by Asuka Nishi
Rin Morino (森野 凛) voiced by Ryō Hirohashi
Shiina's mother (椎名の母親) voiced by Miyu Matsuki
Ryō's grandmother (リョウの祖母) voiced by Tamie Kubota
Watanabe-san (渡辺さん) voiced by Akeno Watanabe
Official site: Comiket 87: Comiket 86:

Synopsis:
The story follows Ryou, a middle school girl who lives by herself. She has a knack for cooking and makes friendships with everyone through her food. The cooking manga is "full of detailed cuisine art to whet the appetite and slightly erotic meal scenes." The "koufuku" in the title is a wordplay on two Japanese homonyms—one which means "happiness," and another that means "appetite."

Necropinion: i was so hungry while seeing ep.1, next time i'll be sure to eat
laugh.gif

'',,,'' ... Ah damn.. still drooling from the food I saw..
Honestly, I always look very mean towards a anime when it shows delicious food, anything from rice to bento... it just makes me so hungry!
Oh well, First Impression: I like this so far, simple, funny and above all! teasing with the food..
My only concern about this show was: How will studio Shaft do it? .. pretty nicely done. I still notice a lot of Shaft touches everywhere at which point I see Monogatari in front of me, but I can get over that in a few episodes.. as long as it keeps showing food, I'm a happy viewer^^.

QUOTE (Masich @ Jan 09 2015, 07:56 AM)My only concern about this show was: How will studio Shaft do it? .. pretty nicely done. I still notice a lot of Shaft touches everywhere at which point I see Monogatari in front of me, but I can get over that in a few episodes.. as long as it keeps showing foodguess we're so used to studio Shaft's recent series style lately, like slow motion close-up poses when people turns around... specially ep'2 with Shiina and Akira getting more screentime, just look at them enjoying sakura tree picnic meals
biggrin.gif

With episode 5 having aired today.. *Thunder Sound* ... I still enjoy it xD

I enjoy this show for its teasing with all the food, Did not really care for episode 5 food course but of well, food is food
tongue.gif

As a honest person I must say that this show is having some bad reviews on a global basis, I know that it is mainly about the food and being with friends/relative/anyone else you care about (that is the moral of it all). but I notice many people looking for a actual story line in it.
You get the whole story in the first 2 episodes: Who, why, what, when and how it will continue, but that was all very short from many peoples point of view.
If you would disregard all the time spent on the food watching, how much would you have left? and is that even worth watching? (is a sentence I read many times).
I understand that and I actually missed something the first 3 episodes, that only came more to light in the 4th, which in a nutshell are: flashbacks, information and above all development.
But many people (Including myself) must not forget the concept behind the show (Look at the Synopsis at the top) That is all there is to this, there can always be more development, sure, but please don't have high expectations for this show turning in to a story of: romance with a subplot, villains, supernatural, fantasy (excluding episode 4 day dreaming) or any of the other types of genre.
This is about a middle school girl who lives by herself. She has a knack for cooking and makes friendships with everyone through her food). That is all, Thank you^^.

QUOTE (Masich @ Feb 06 2015, 03:25 PM)With episode 5 having aired today.. *Thunder Sound* ... I still enjoy it xD

I enjoy this show for its teasing with all the food, Did not really care for episode 5 food course but of well, food is food .

As a honest person I must say that this show is having some bad reviews on a global basis, I know that it is mainly about the food and being with friends/relative/anyone else you care about (that is the moral of it all)I guess Shaft did a mandatory bath episode in #6 to raise low ratings, with 2 of its protas licking ice cream in a bathtub... no surprise given by that studio ;P so at last, they got stomachache after eating too much (except the glutton loli)
laugh.gif

Let me revisit that last reply.. Still like the series although I do hate episode 6 that aired this week... Why! why did they had to ruin it! oh well... obligatory fan service I guess :/? even then... why?

QUOTE (Masich @ Feb 15 2015, 06:55 AM)Let me revisit that last reply.. Still like the series although I do hate episode 6 that aired this week... Why! why dithey had to ruin it! oh well... obligatory fan service I guess :/? even then...lol you'll enjoy ep.7 now that the girls visit Shiina's home again, this series gets better with their family or other cast... nice to see them cook for Ryo instead of eating her meals, but i'm not liking how long it takes to be subbed in english
sleep.gif

A light-hearted, carefree series focused around delicious, japanese food! This is the best idea for a show ever! I love it so much! But it makes me so hungry all the time. :/
I absolutely adore Tsuyuko-chan! She's so beautiful, elegant, cool but also cute. She's the best! ^^,

QUOTE (Silendris @ Feb 24 2015, 07:49 AM)I absolutely adore Tsuyuko-chan! She's so beautiful, elegant, cool but also cute. She's the best! ^^,Ryō is my other favorite after ep'8, all excited by Kirin's training and bento xD...
btw do you prefer its full ED? or full OP, full sponsor tune or full preview song?
smile.gif

so after enjoying oden in new year's eve with Kirin, finally in ep'10 Ryō met her shy neighbor Yuki eating pizza together... ^^ also by cameos I hope she'll be a regular in final eps, to be aired tomorrow and next week (still late with sub)
dry.gif

I hear something... Oh.. It's my stomach devouring itself...

Apart from my reply I made after episode 5 (Feb 06) I got nothing to add.
Overall, my rating for Kōfuku Gurafiti: 7,6/10
Animation: 8/10
Story: 8/10 (See Reply on Feb 06)
Characters: 7/10 (It was nice in quantity, but not much in screening time)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back