Kotoura-san

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Okay after episode 4 I have to say that it ended up not only a good introduction to the monk and Kotoura's grandfather, but it also made it where Hiyori actually made up with Kotoura-chan in the end of it all.

Still never the less it seems that Manabe-kun and her grandfather are somewhat on the same pervy wavelength here to the point of where she actually pointed this out to her grandfather rather casually by the way.

In any case aside form all that I figgured that a pic like this would be made sooner or later though:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/134658...sover-fourth_wa

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 02 2013, 04:58 PM) Still never the less it seems that Manabe-kun and her grandfather are somewhat on the same pervy wavelength here to the point of where she actually pointed this out to her grandfather rather casually by the way.

This episode was a tad over-the-top silly/sick. While I remain a fan of Manabe-kun, I did not like Granpa's perverted "hands-on-approach" with Kotoura-chan. It smacked of real creepy and disgusting wanna-be anime incest of which I have never been a fan, I don't care who it is.
Then there's K-chan obliging her Ojiisan by sitting on his lap and allowing him to "feel" her on him...
dry.gif
Granted, he might have been playing her but I was not amused with such joking depravity. I suppose I still do not understand the Nippon anime culture when it comes to such crass humor.
rolleyes.gif

The apology session was just too contrived and rushed and cheesy galore. I was not moved to cheer that odious revengeful girl on at all but I suppose since K-chan forgave her we are now going to be subjected to a budding friendship with Manabe-kun more than likely lusting after the two of them "being together" if the preview is any indication.
I am dropping my score for now from an 8 (first three episodes) to a 7 (after this #4 episode.)

QUOTE In any case aside form all that I figured that a pic like this would be made sooner or later though:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/134658...sover-fourth_wa
You are right on my dear Woofie-san! Those loli goggles of yours are in full swing and I know soon, they might perceive some yuri as well.
tongue.gif

A not too exciting episode this time. The party at Kotoura's appartment was nice with the little photo of her sleeping against Manabe. Hiyori sure does her best to be nice with everybody. Manabe doesn't seem to want to forgive her yet though.
Those girls who were with Hiyori weren't very nice. Hiyori seems to be the one who is getting more shut out this time..
The relay part was okay but doesn't make an impact.
Hopefully the next episode deals with some more serious trouble again.

This past weekend I wanted to give Kotoura-san the boot as I found the last two episodes silly and run-of-the-mill stupid with all the whining and whimpering from K-chan and that odious girl who is still a bore and a bully, imo. In order to stop from gagging, I watched the remainder of the episode while pushing the mute button...only way I could actually get through it.
After a promising start, it has gone downhill for me but will hang on since I see we got a shot of her dark mom looking bitter as all hell in this latest episode.
Manabe-kun is still a hoot but his ecchi wet daydreams are getting old and non-amusing. Time he grew up and took it on the chin like the rest of us.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

Episode 7 already and Manabe did a good job. He has really found the way to block Kotoura's mindreading.
The food from Hiyori had some serious side-effects. What were the ingredients she used?
blink.gif
The strangest part was the morning wake-up. Why were they put together under one futon?
The club president also has some serious issues..that memory gave away a lot about how she feels and why the vice-president is so important to her. Why doesn't he react to her??
It seems Kotoura may want to reconcile with her mother. That looks like it will be an important part for the next episodes. Her mother doesn't seem to want to acknowledge her yet but it was hopeful that she did come.

QUOTE The food from Hiyori had some serious side-effects. What were the ingredients she used? 
blink.gif
The strangest part was the morning wake-up. Why were they put together under one futon?
The ingredients were meant to resemble that of a "Spanish Fly" type reaction..."an aphrodisiac of sorts meant to seduce the one one is lusting for" catering, I am sure, to the otaku "date/rape" crowd who enjoy such stuff.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE The club president also has some serious issues..that memory gave away a lot about how she feels and why the vice-president is so important to her. Why doesn't he react to her??
I think one "day dreaming pervert" (or two, if one counts the disgusting grandfather lusting after his granddaughter) is enough for this once promising series.
I think if he continues to play his cards right she will have caught him lock, stock, and barrel...here's to romance when a man plays hard to get and one has the guts and gall to put up with such games.
tongue.gif

QUOTE It seems Kotoura may want to reconcile with her mother. That looks like it will be an important part for the next episodes. Her mother doesn't seem to want to acknowledge her yet but it was hopeful that she did come.
You know nijlandp-san, into the first three episodes I might have cared that K-chan wants to reconcile with her mom but after the tripe that has been served with the latest three episodes...all caring for any possible reconciliation between those two has gone out the window. I bet if they ever do reconcile it will be of the re-hashed predictable type and rushed too.

Anyway, as of now this one borders on a 5 (for me) depending on how they wrap it up.
dry.gif

I think the whole reconsiliation bit between Kotoura-chan and her might might not be an easy thing to do. I mean her mother doesn't want to bring up bad memories with her daughter if they ever meet again. Besides having to have lost her husband and whatave you all becuase she didn't know how to controll her mind reading abilities as a kid.

In any case Manabe-kun has my respect on trying to keep the whole party for Kotoura-chan a secret by thinking about the multiplication tables like that.

As for the president, it seems she kind f feel for the vice president when he believe that her mother was the real deal of a psychic here, and kind fo wanted him to be more then just a friend as of late.

At first this episode felt to be focused on the story of the person who attacks the highschool girls. However it melded very nicely with the encounter of Haruka and her mother. To have Manabe as a sort of trigger to show that her mother does still care about her was a nice feature. This gave Haruka some hope that she may get together with her mother again. Haruka's reaction to the guy who was with her mother was noticable..is he dangerous?? And what happened to Moritani with that blood on her hands and that girl lying on the street?

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 10 2013, 08:48 PM) At first this episode felt to be focused on the story of the person who attacks the highschool girls. However it melded very nicely with the encounter of Haruka and her mother. To have Manabe as a sort of trigger to show that her mother does still care about her was a nice feature. This gave Haruka some hope that she may get together with her mother again. Haruka's reaction to the guy who was with her mother was noticable..is he dangerous?? And what happened to Moritani with that blood on her hands and that girl lying on the street?
I think Kotoura realised the guy with her mother is only using her for her wealth.

As for Moritani, I reckon she will be accused of the violent acts and only Kotoura and gang can help her out in this situation, well that's what I think might happen.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 10 2013, 05:26 PM) As for Moritani, I reckon she will be accused of the violent acts and only Kotoura and gang can help her out in this situation, well that's what I think might happen.
rolleyes.gif

Throw the tomboy Moritani in jail or juvenile hall for abusing her so-called strength.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
Let's give this once promising series a little more drama rather than drooling so-called immature heroes and predictable panty/ecchi shots which have all but tossed this one to the bottom of the anime barrel.
dry.gif

5/10

I still watch this series and I know it's not living up to what many of our initial impressions of the series were. In fact, quite a few times, I felt it's cliched and sometimes cringe-worthy. However, my friend is still pretty much head-over-heels for this series but in his defense, he hasn't watched much, he's only really watched the Hetalia series and Ranma 1/2.

This series was obviously overblown from the get go. Kotoura-san is based off a comedy 4-koma meaning anything that was even remotely serious in this series was likely a troll setup. Having not read the manga, the introduction to the series seems anime original and of course the show takes quite a dive after that falling into various comedy traps. Although the series does rebuild up the drama and some serious themes, it's really hard to take this series seriously at times. That said, the story presented isn't bad per say but overly stereotypical in almost every aspect possible.

Art if probably the show's weakest aspect mostly due to the cheap character designs. Music wise it's okay but most certainly catchy.

Enjoyment? Can't say I had high hopes going into the series so the first couple episodes did catch me off guard a bit. That said, though, the series did a fantastic job attempting to garner an audience but it doesn't do as well holding on to them. The only "niche" element is the ESP/psychic ability that threw in additional drama into the series but if you remove that, it becomes a generic romantic comedy.

Preliminary Score: 7/10
Final Score: 6/10

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back