Kino no Tabi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Kino's Journey -the Beautiful World- the Animated Series
Japanese: キノの旅
Airing dates: 6/10/2017 (2nd TV series) and 8/4/2003 (1st season)
Theatrical release dates: 21/4/2007 (For You movie) and 2/19/2005 (Life Goes On prequel)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science fiction, Psychological, Slice of Life
Original creator: Keiichi Sigsawa
Original character designer: Kōhaku Kuroboshi
Director: Tomohisa Taguchi
Written by: Yukie Sugawara
Music by: Yoshiaki Dewa
Character designer: Ryōko Amisaki
Chief animation director: Seiji Tachikawa
Sound director: Satoki Iida
Director of photography: Ryūji Hirakawa
Color design by: Saori Gōda
Prop design by: Takao Takegami and Tomohito Hirose
Sound effects by: Tsutomu Ueno
Key animation by: Hiroaki Kawaguchi and Shirō Okumura (ep 1)
Studios: Lerche (2017), Shaft (movie), A.C.G.T (2003 and prequel)
Network: AT-X, Tokyo MX, KBS, SUN, BS11
Opening theme: "Here and There" by Nagi Yanagi
Ending theme: "Satō-dama no Tsuki (砂糖玉の月)" by Nagi Yanagi
S1 OP theme: "All the Way" by Mikuni Shimokawa
S1 ED theme: "The Beautiful World" by Ai Maeda
Movie ED theme: "Bird" by Mikuni Shimokawa
Prequel ED theme: "Hajimari no Hi" by Ai Maeda

Main cast: Kino (キノ) voiced by Aoi Yūki (2017), Ai Maeda (2003), Aya Hisakawa (drama CD, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax), Kelli Cousins (English) and Gabi Chennisi (young)
Hermes (エルメス) voiced by Sōma Saitō (2017), Ryūji Aigase (2003), Junko Noda (CD), Cynthia Martinez (EN)
Supporting cast: Shizu (シズ) voiced by Yūichirō Umehara (2017), Takashi Irie (2003) and Clint Bickham (EN)
Riku (陸) voiced by Kenichirō Matsuda (2017) and Hōchū Ōtsuka (2003)

Tea (ティー) voiced by Ayane Sakura
Shishō (師匠 / Master) voiced by Lynn (2017), Junko Midori (2003), Akeno Watanabe (2nd game) and Jennie Welch (EN)
Aibō (相棒 / Partner) voiced by Kazuyuki Okitsu
Photo (フォト) voiced by Inori Minase
Sō (ソウ) voiced by Megumi Ogata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij21njEpveg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKRSIs_FIOg

Synopsis: "The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." A story about Kino, who travels around the world with nothing but her guns for protection and talking motorcycle Hermes. Kino travels to many mystical worlds, each with its unique customs and people, and learns about the world through their stories, at times conjuring humor and inspiration or other times piercing cynicism. However, Kino has her own custom, to stay no longer than three days in every town without exception, as it is enough time to learn almost everything important about the place while still leaving time to explore new lands.

gdpetti said:
"Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World'... is this a remake? sounds like I watched this last year... pretty sure I did. LIked it.... it was different... don't remember it ending so much as fading away into the mist or something like that... perhaps they didn't cover all of the manga/LN or whatever it was based on? Ok, just checked it out... was in my favorites list... from 2003, so a remake of the LN series... Hmmm.
just saw ep'1 is brand new so i say s2, a reboot telling by its cast or both :huh:

Things I didn't know I wanted to see: Kino in a Black Mage costume.

Things I'm definitely glad I saw: Kino in a Black Mage costume.

Things that should've gotten more on screen time: Kino in a Black Mage costume.

:p

Norren said:
Things that should've gotten more on screen time: Kino in a Black Mage costume.

:p
as i doubt we'll see that again after ep'5 here you go ;p so, except an abridged Colosseum arc retelling i prefer S2 animation... character design too yet S1 got its own awkward charm, creepy music and Kino didn't break her '3 day rule' ;)

Heard this new version is rather 'meh'... :mellow: I liked the earlier version... usually.... though it didn't really make sense how different the city states really from each other, seeing as they weren't that far apart. What's the verdict on this version so far? I heard that it's pretty much a repeat... instead of doing the chapters not covered in the original version?

gdpetti said:
Heard this new version is rather 'meh'... :mellow: I liked the earlier version... usually.... though it didn't really make sense how different the city states really from each other, seeing as they weren't that far apart. What's the verdict on this version so far? I heard that it's pretty much a repeat... instead of doing the chapters not covered in the original version?
lies xD as I wrote above so far only 1 rehash ep yet is funny, for me S1 mostly was meh but yup countries are like DB... up to #7 I'm liking the ex-slave girl's karma poetic justice as new cast, also 'Partner' of kino's master in her youth!:d

Seeing it's off of a light novel series that is ongoing with lots of chapters since the original came out, you'd think they wouldn't want to do repeats of the earlier version? Unless they want to start from the beginning and do them all up to the present?

gdpetti said:
Seeing it's off of a light novel series that is ongoing with lots of chapters since the original came out, you'd think they wouldn't want to do repeats of the earlier version?
yes i think this S2 is less boring by far, many MCs other than kino or Hermes... It's like theme parks from 'Brainwash' to Amnesialand, Btw don't skip #9 ED!:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4hktqhBpzY

gdpetti said:
Unless they want to start from the beginning and do them all up to the present?
now with #11 there are 3 remake eps from S1 ;( sad endings, yet my favorites back then about Sakura then Kino's past... I just hope S2 finale is new but how her eyes, And hair color turned from purple to green :/ JoJo's visual effect?:lol:

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back