Kaze no Stigma

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
According to the latest preview (sub), Kazuma will start working together with Ayano in the next episode. How well the producers script it will make or break this show. So the next 2 or 3 episodes will help me gauge if I want to keep watching this. Right now the status is most likely.

Like i said earlier, it looked like Kazuma in fact can extract oxygen from the air (vacuum)(referring to the battle with his father)(at least thats what he did imo)

But even if that doesnt really work u can always try throwing on more oxygen than the fire can handle
wink.gif

I cant wait for episode 3. First episodes were great, hope it continues like that and not end up like KISSDUM (where if uve seen ep3 u would see the decline in animation/story/plot/etc (tho i hope that one will become better, it has potential)

Can some one explain to me what exactly a contractor is. i really dont get the difference between the users and a contractor.

QUOTE (j-fizz @ May 01 2007, 08:41 PM)Can some one explain to me what exactly a contractor is. i really dont get the difference between the users and a contractor.
To put it simply, contractor are the one who makes the oath with the Spirit King directly. In Kazuma's cases, off course it is the Spirit King of wind. ALL of the Kannagi family that have been shown so far (including the head family), are NOT contractor. The contractor from Kannagi family is only their first heir (which makes an oath with the Spirit king of fire). Because of this contract, now all the kannagi family has the ability too control fire, except for kazuma off course.

Well, naturally, contractor is much stronger since they gain more power and control to all of the spirits that the Spirit king can control.

QUOTE (jul10 @ May 01 2007, 07:49 PM) To put it simply, contractor are the one who makes the oath with the Spirit King directly. In Kazuma's cases, off course it is the Spirit King of wind. ALL of the Kannagi family that have been shown so far (including the head family), are NOT contractor. The contractor from Kannagi family is only their first heir (which makes an oath with the Spirit king of fire). Because of this contract, now all the kannagi family has the ability too control fire, except for kazuma off course.

Well, naturally, contractor is much stronger since they gain more power and control to all of the spirits that the Spirit king can control.
Hmm how any speculations on how he became a contractor? I mean he isn't the first heir of wind power. So kazuma is naturally stronger than regular users?

QUOTE (j-fizz @ May 01 2007, 09:52 PM) Hmm how any speculations on how he became a contractor? I mean he isn't the first heir of wind power. So kazuma is naturally stronger than regular users?
Contractor does not mean that he should be the first heir. Anyone can become a contractor, as long as the person wants to and that person have to be acknowledged by the king spirit. Remember that to become a person that is acknowledged by a king spirit is something very exceptional (special).

Regarding how he become a contractor, I guess we have to wait and see in the anime (hope there will be some flashback which show this).

I don't think that kazuma is naturally stronger. He is strong because he becomes a contractor. Well, I think he does have some potential or something that made him accepted by the wind spirit king. But it does not mean that he is naturally stronger...

QUOTE (jul10 @ May 01 2007, 09:18 PM) Contractor does not mean that he should be the first heir. Anyone can become a contractor, as long as the person wants to and that person have to be acknowledged by the king spirit. Remember that to become a person that is acknowledged by a king spirit is something very exceptional (special).

Regarding how he become a contractor, I guess we have to wait and see in the anime (hope there will be some flashback which show this).

I don't think that kazuma is naturally stronger. He is strong because he becomes a contractor. Well, I think he does have some potential or something that made him accepted by the wind spirit king. But it does not mean that he is naturally stronger...
well... i think kazuma really is strong, the fact that he "blew" his father away does support the argument for him being "naturally" strong... i mean he didnt even use his "contractor" powers in defeating his own dad(coz his eyes dindnt turn blue at that time), or maybe he just had the privelage to summon spirits faster than any normal mage
tongue.gif

I think Kazuma did use his contractor power when he fought his father. Remember, he did gather a vast amount of wind spirit in a short time.

And as to Jul10's point and the plot behind ep.3, a human sacrifice was needed in order to acquire the contract. Ren is about to be sacrified (after he breaks the seal), and there is a girl in Kazuma's flashback that was sacrificed. There is a good chance Kazuma acquired his power because of her. But human sacrifice seems to be the price of the contract.

This is turning into an interesting series.

QUOTE (Bladewind @ May 02 2007, 09:59 AM) I think Kazuma did use his contractor power when he fought his father. Remember, he did gather a vast amount of wind spirit in a short time.

And as to Jul10's point and the plot behind ep.3, a human sacrifice was needed in order to acquire the contract.  Ren is about to be sacrified (after he breaks the seal), and there is a girl in Kazuma's flashback that was sacrificed.  There is a good chance Kazuma acquired his power because of her.  But human sacrifice seems to be the price of the contract.

This is turning into an interesting series.
I don't know if a human sacrifice is necessary for a contract. In Ren's case they need a scarifice (withstand the flames) to break the seal.

The youma is going to posses Ryuuga. Remember they only need Ren because he is a direct heir and can withstand the flames and only reason he will be scarifice is because the youma will probably devour his soul once released

i dont think he uses the contractor power on his father cus he's eys didnt turn blue, maybe its was just a strong spell.

we cant really tell aything about his powers with the liitle we know at the time, so dont go making statements like you know it exept if you read the manga and then you put it in spoiler tags.
Im not trying to start a fight im just saying dont say you know exept you know, use words as maybe probably, and so on

sry for being so bossy
smile.gif

he jsut summoned alot of wind spirits, like he said, he can gather them faster, and his dad was using somekind of super power ...

Yeah you are right wceend. It didn't mean he was stronger it was just that he was faster

all i can say is the girl in kazuma's memory was definitely not sacrificed for him to be a contractor but the other way around..he became a contractor to become stronger since he couldnt protect the girl..yep she is dead..and she was his sweetheart or so they had a relationship ..

and im not really reading the novels..just readin a lot of spoilers from others
ohmy.gif

and about the fight with his dad, id have to say id go with wceend..
biggrin.gif

Can anyone tell me what player do I need to so I can watch shows in mkv format? I really wanna watch this show and I have no idea what I need.

QUOTE (dark_kyte @ May 02 2007, 10:42 PM) Can anyone tell me what player do I need to so I can watch shows in mkv format? I really wanna watch this show and I have no idea what I need.
try to dl the community codec pack or try and install one of this:WMP classic, VLC player or the Zoom player, you can download them at the matroska site or somethin
tongue.gif

------------------------------

looks like he'll be using his "contractor"(this word is so over used in the series "Darker than Black"
tongue.gif
) powers in the next episode as shown in the preview
biggrin.gif
wtf! is that a tornado?! 
blink.gif

well as far as Kazuma getting the powers my guess is that it has something to do with the girl from the "flashbacks" where she says something like "I wasn't meant to me eaten by demons" or something along those lines

what are your guys/girls opinions on who she might be?!

So far Gonzo has done a good job in the beginning of shows. But look at the show Pumpkin Scissors which had great promise earlier this year, but ultimately flopped at the end. May the writers not have done the same mistake with this show.

I do agree with others here that the show has promise. As a few others have mentioned, I am hoping there is a relationship between Kazuma and Ayano as the show progresses. Would like to see how Ren, Juugo, and Gunma would handle that if it occurs. And if both fall in love.

Looking forward to see one of Kazuma's "ultimate power" if it happens. By the way, isn't the name Kazuma generally considered bad luck?

QUOTE (WolfPackOtaku @ May 03 2007, 05:05 PM)By the way, isn't the name Kazuma generally considered bad luck?

The show is named Kaze no Stigma after all. Look up the word stigma in a dictionary.

Kaze no Stigma, i.e. Stigma(referring to blemishes, wounds, or marks, generally associated with the crucifixion of Jesus marks, et al Stigmata) of the Wind. Amazingly, it has taken 4 episodes for the stigmata of the wind to finally show itself
biggrin.gif
. There is an interesting plot building here, will have to see how they play it out.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back