Kaze no Stigma

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I'm really digging this anime, but I hate Ren.. I can't but help see Ren as a girl, but what guy wears a pink jacket 24/7!! Jeez, it's the Haku syndrome.

Yeah, I think the pink jacket fooled everyone on this forum into thinking Ren was a GIRL before the anime came out.
laugh.gif

But Ren's purpose is to be Kazuma's family, while Ayano is his love interest
happy.gif
(at least I hope so...)

Ren never bother me much but I see where you are coming from. I think as the story goes you will appreciate him more as the only family Kazuma clings to.

It seems his relationship with his dad is improving. He visited him in the hospital

Kazuma never really hated his dad... he was just hurt by what his dad did before, but I'm pretty sure he has come to understand why his dad did that (it was for his own good... Kazuma's father wanted him to find a life of his own, his own strength, apart from being a Kannagi)
wink.gif

It seems like the subs for episode 5 isn't out yet... but for anyone interested, I have summaries and commentaries of episodes 1-5 in my blog (and some novel comparisons I make as I read the novel side by side ^^ )

In episode 5 especially, there's quite a large chunk in the novel that's been omitted in the anime, so you guys might want to check out the 'deep frying analysis' I make
tongue.gif
more of Kazuma's sarcasm and antics are shown in the novel, more of Ayano's playful side is shown too (especially her teasing of Ren XD)

Kaze no Stigma entries here => http://scrumptious.animeblogger.net/catego...kaze-no-stigma/

and about Ren... seeing the Ayano x Ren moments in the novel (with Ayano's teasing), I'd say he has an oneechan-complex XD as for his real love interest, she'll be appearing later on
wink.gif

QUOTE (usagijen @ May 14 2007, 09:47 AM) Kazuma never really hated his dad... he was just hurt by what his dad did before, but I'm pretty sure he has come to understand why his dad did that (it was for his own good... Kazuma's father wanted him to find a life of his own, his own strength, apart from being a Kannagi)
wink.gif

It seems like the subs for episode 5 isn't out yet... but for anyone interested, I have summaries and commentaries of episodes 1-5 in my blog (and some novel comparisons I make as I read the novel side by side ^^ )

In episode 5 especially, there's quite a large chunk in the novel that's been omitted in the anime, so you guys might want to check out the 'deep frying analysis' I make
tongue.gif
more of Kazuma's sarcasm and antics are shown in the novel, more of Ayano's playful side is shown too (especially her teasing of Ren XD)

Kaze no Stigma entries here => http://scrumptious.animeblogger.net/catego...kaze-no-stigma/

and about Ren... seeing the Ayano x Ren moments in the novel (with Ayano's teasing), I'd say he has an oneechan-complex XD as for his real love interest, she'll be appearing later on
wink.gif

i don't think Kazuma's dad abandoned him thinking that it was the best thing for him
wink.gif
, unless that's a conclusion you came to from reading the novel...anyways how far is the novel in relation to the anime?

I just watched the first 4 episodes and I'd say it's a good anime
laugh.gif
Kazuma's so cool!! I love him. I don't like Ayono that much though, she's too full of herself. I support Kazuma, I hope he continues to show the Kannagi family how stupid they were to hurt his feelings and to abandon him before
tongue.gif
I know it's not his real purpose, he's a good guy, but I just want him to show off his moves. haha I LOVE KAZUMA!!!!
laugh.gif
I hope the next episode comes out soon
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (killorbekilled @ May 14 2007, 09:54 AM) i don't think Kazuma's dad abandoned him thinking that it was the best thing for him
wink.gif
, unless that's a conclusion you came to from reading the novel...anyways how far is the novel in relation to the anime?
Yeah i agree that's the reason behind Kazuma's dad decision. He even said "so you finally found your own power"

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ May 14 2007, 03:56 PM) Yeah i agree that's the reason behind Kazuma's dad decision. He even said "so you finally found your own power"
you really think so
wink.gif
,...what would you rather have power or a family?..no matter how you look at it Kazuma's father is a douche bag.

Kazuma's father was really bad in saying "FIND YOUR OWN WAY", the way he did it was just HARSH and yes he was an A-hole and a douche bag.
tongue.gif
Kazuma's father just needs to improve his communication skills. Any idea if Kazuma's mother is still alive ???
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 14 2007, 05:28 PM) Any idea if Kazuma's mother is still alive ???
rolleyes.gif

HELL NAWH!!!! she probably killed herself after she realized what a jerk she married
mad.gif

QUOTE (killorbekilled @ May 14 2007, 06:52 PM) HELL NAWH!!!! she probably killed herself after she realized what a jerk she married
mad.gif

Kazuma's mother essentially did the same thing to Kazuma and abandoned him so I don't think she would be angry enough with her husband to do that.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 14 2007, 07:13 PM) Kazuma's mother essentially did the same thing to Kazuma and abandoned him so I don't think she would be angry enough with her husband to do that.
heeeyy Barbobot, sasha booty....and i was jk

Just watched episode 5...is me or is Ayano being irritated gives of a feeling of 'Chidori's (Full Metal Panic) p1ssed off'+'Shana's (Shakugan no Shana) jealousy'?
laugh.gif

QUOTE (killorbekilled @ May 15 2007, 12:40 AM) heeeyy Barbobot, sasha booty....and i was jk
Killorbekilled, mind the language please its meant to be a friendly forum after all. But yeah, Kazuma's mama was a b*tch....but she did give him a credit card for life but she's still a b*tch for abandoning him and for not reassuring him....all she did was literally say "that ur a disgrace Kazuma...I feel my womb will rot now because of that...so f*ck off already".......yeah Kazuma's mama is one BIG b*tch that wears a kawaii kimono.
laugh.gif

Anyways, I just got to see Anime Yoshi Fansub of episode 05. This episode not much but it was great. I knew it when Misao-chan was taking Kazuma to a love hotel that something was *fishy*.
rolleyes.gif
Yeah, Ayano kinda pisses me off.....but I still like her.
laugh.gif
The cliffhanger was great.

It seems Misao-chan was about to commit suicide and then this short young blond kid appears known as "Tenshi-sama" (Tenshi = God or Heavenly Being). I think this "Tenshi-sama" is the exact opposite....a devil in disguise that makes Misao-chan make a pact with him. Probably the pact will give Misao-chan great powers that could kill her after a while...too much magic power and her body can't withstand it for a long time. This Tenshi-sama dude seems to be a "water jutsu user" or he's like one of those great gods...or orges...remember Ryuua changed into the Green thing...he was meant to a God for that enemy wind clan. Or the Tenshi-sama dude is the Sushou of a Water-Jutsu User Clan....guessing..lolz.
laugh.gif

I speculating that Kazuma used to be kind to Misao when they were younger and before he got thrown out of the family. Misao's older brother didn't use to be kind to her before and only Kazuma was......Misao cryed a bit when Kazuma was banished and then forgot about him altogether. *"SPECULATION* Misao then remembers about Kazuma being kind to her before (probably Kazuma gave the same speech to her like her own brother did (before he left for his death)....when Kazuma was leaving the family, when they were younger by saying "become stronger") in a later episode and decides she wants to die because she feels she now commited the worst sin.......being nasty to someone who was protecting and being kind to her.....remember Kaede-chan and Rin in SHUFFLE! My guess would be that sadly Misao-chan might die but I don't want her to...I prefer if Ayano-kuma died instead.
tongue.gif
She will probably ask if Kazuma could kill her.........really sad. The Kannagi family are quite messed up in the heads....ain't they.
wink.gif

Go WinD!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
<:>____<:>
laugh.gif
Believe it.....Dattebayo please!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (killorbekilled @ May 14 2007, 09:54 AM) i don't think Kazuma's dad abandoned him thinking that it was the best thing for him
wink.gif
Well, both Kazuma and his dad are stubborn people, they hate to admit that they care for each other... hehe XD

and of course, that 'conclusion' can actually be deduced from the anime...
smile.gif

so far, episodes 1-4 covered the entire volume 1... episode 5 covered about 1/4 of volume 2 (with a lot of chunk removed... particularly Kazuma's reply to Ayano, which should've been shown, to see just what Kazuma's point was when he mentioned that Takuya died "because he was weak"...)

this is also the reason why I write the novel/anime comparisons... because of much "entertainment" and explanations that the anime left out

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 15 2007, 05:34 AM) Killorbekilled, mind the language please its meant to be a friendly forum after all. But yeah, Kazuma's mama was a b*tch....but she did give him a credit card for life but she's still a b*tch for abandoning him and for not reassuring him....all she did was literally say "that ur a disgrace Kazuma...I feel my womb will rot now because of that...so f*ck off already".......yeah Kazuma's mama is one BIG b*tch that wears a kawaii kimono.
laugh.gif

Anyways, I just got to see Anime Yoshi Fansub of episode 05. This episode not much but it was great. I knew it when Misao-chan was taking Kazuma to a love hotel that something was *fishy*. 
rolleyes.gif
Yeah, Ayano kinda pisses me off.....but I still like her.
laugh.gif
The cliffhanger was great.

It seems Misao-chan was about to commit suicide and then this short young blond kid appears known as "Tenshi-sama" (Tenshi = God or Heavenly Being). I think this "Tenshi-sama" is the exact opposite....a devil in disguise that makes Misao-chan make a pact with him. Probably the pact will give Misao-chan great powers that could kill her after a while...too much magic power and her body can't withstand it for a long time. This Tenshi-sama dude seems to be a "water jutsu user" or he's like one of those great gods...or orges...remember Ryuua changed into the Green thing...he was meant to a God for that enemy wind clan. Or the Tenshi-sama dude is the Sushou of a Water-Jutsu User Clan....guessing..lolz.
laugh.gif

I speculating that Kazuma used to be kind to Misao when they were younger and before he got thrown out of the family. Misao's older brother didn't use to be kind to her before and only Kazuma was......Misao cryed a bit when Kazuma was banished and then forgot about him altogether. *"SPECULATION* Misao then remembers about Kazuma being kind to her before (probably Kazuma gave the same speech to her like her own brother did (before he left for his death)....when Kazuma was leaving the family, when they were younger by saying "become stronger") in a later episode and decides she wants to die because she feels she now commited the worst sin.......being nasty to someone who was protecting and being kind to her.....remember Kaede-chan and Rin in SHUFFLE! My guess would be that sadly Misao-chan might die but I don't want her to...I prefer if Ayano-kuma died instead.
tongue.gif
She will probably ask if Kazuma could kill her.........really sad. The Kannagi family are quite messed up in the heads....ain't they. 
wink.gif

I also hate Kazuma's mom... it's even worse in the novel, coz she actually told Kazuma, "I can't love you (given your lack of abilities as a flame-user)". Given that, what Kazuma's mom did to Kazuma was much much worse!

Ayano, is just immature at this point. But she's not as short-tempered in the novel... I mean, she snaps because Kazuma taunts her much more in the novels ^^;; And she's quite playful too~ she enjoys teasing Ren a lot (like giving him hug attacks) XDD

with regards to "Tenshi-sama", I have yet to read that part in the novel to know about his real abilities, but at this point what I know is that he's capable of bestowing powers to people by transforming them into some youma (like Ryuuya - "green goblin"). What I know is that he's "Michael Harley"... and I've actually posted a little pic from the novel on my blog, with him and Misao (the "full view pic" of the last scene in ep5)

in episode 5, Kazuma mentions that "It's been 10 years...", and it seems that there's something that happened to Kazuma 10 years ago, which happen to involve Misao... hence his words to Misao that he noticed the change in her personality... and as for Misao, rest assured that she will not die
tongue.gif

Nice blog, usagijen. I always like to read about how the anime differ from its source material.

From your blog:
QUOTE I was also surprised by Kazuma's "invincibility"... Does this mean he's invincible to just about any form of physical attacks? If that's so, I'm thinking that Kazuma could only be damaged or defeated by using elementals as well...

I think Kazuma, as a wind user, is able to sense things - from unnatural magical disturbances to people's emotion. And him being more matured and have experienced sadness helps. In contrast, Ayano being a fire user, is no good at sensing things, since they are so self-centered (It also brings you back to the comment where Ren said they aren't very good at sensing people when trying to help Ayano find Kazuma).

SIMPLY PUT THIS IS A MUST SEE. all 5 episodes where perfect so far...

it makes me happy that there will be 21 more coming out.

i cant wait for number 6.

The first scene when Kazuma comes out of the hotel with Kirika and Ayano and her friends are there, revealing about Ayano and Kazuma.

With Ayano, her friends are right. That she doesn't know her true feelings towards Kazuma and probably why she lashes out verbally at him. Reminds me of the relationship in FMP between Sousuke and Kaname. Where Kaname lashes out at Sousuke partially because she is attracted to him.

Also, in that scene, see just how close the investigator and Kazuma are. She really tightened next to him. Possibly either out of a faint love or to anger and make Ayano jealous.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back