Kara no Kyokai - The Garden of Sinners

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
^ I was kinda expecting it to have been remastered for BD though, considering the ridiculous pricing (wasn't it like several hundred $?). This is a bit sad.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Feb 12 2011, 02:14 AM) ^ I was kinda expecting it to have been remastered for BD though, considering the ridiculous pricing (wasn't it like several hundred $?). This is a bit sad.
$600 in Japan, $400 in US. The ridiculous pricing in Japan is because it's Japan, their Blu-Rays are $80 per disc and there are about 8 discs in this package. US was planning to retail for $600 but Right Stuf and Aniplex USA decided to bring the price down since Blu-Rays in the US are for some reason cheaper. For example, Ga-Rei -Zero- is getting its whole series on Blu-Ray and DVD bundled together in a single package for about $65 in April.

Anyhow, ANN's review is bashing at the price
wink.gif
Rightfully so, I might add, since $400 for a BD series set is way overpriced.

But anyway, flipped through the -remix- (didn't bother watching cause there aren't subs, and I hate watching recaps anyway), and it didn't look all that exciting. It's 1 hour short (with titles, so roughly 45-50 minutes of pure footage), and basically recaps key moments from first 6 movies in chronological order. IMO, nothing worthwhile, although them making it makes sense since IIRC it was released sometime before movie 7 so it's a valid marketing move.

The quality for the rest of the movies looks better than the DVD but only marginally so. I'm still debating on whether I see a significant difference between 720p and 1080p. Probably not so much on laptop screen, but maybe on a big screen.

I've watched the first Kara no Kyoukai movie at least 3 times since it's release, the most recent time was probably 2 months ago. I had never watched the 2nd movie or any of the others for that matter until last Saturday, only watched the 2nd movie and connected it to my TV, it's a big one, so it really fleshed out the quality of the animation, which was stunning to say the least.

Then from yesterday evening until just a moment ago, I watched from the 3rd movie to the 7th movie and then watched the Epilogue Special.

I won't put my scores here, you can check out my anime list at MAL, the scores are there, I thought the 6th movie was the weakest.

Overall, an excellent series and I'm glad I held off for so long because I got to enjoy it in glorious Blu-Ray HD.

Supposedly, Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin, will be a movie, it's sort of a prequel to some of the movies as well as the future (after the 7th movie and Epilogue). I'm not sure if it will be just be one movie though. What I was really wondering is when do you think it will be out?

I already know the story for it by the way, read the Mirai Fukuin novel a few months back....only had like 5 chapters.

The MAL page for Mirai Fukuin:-

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14807/Kara_no...i:_Mirai_Fukuin

Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin & Extra Chorus, the final prequel/sequel/midquel movies?

Title: the Garden of sinners / recalled out summer
Japanese: 空の境界 未来福音
Theatrical release date: 28/9/2013
BR/DVD release date: 19/2/2014
Genres: Action, Romance, Supernatural, Thriller
Original creator: Kinoko Nasu
Original character designer: Takashi Takeuchi
Director: Tomonori Sudo
Written by: Akira Hiyama and Masaki Hiramatsu
Music by: Yuki Kajiura
Cinematography: Yuichi Terao
Color design by: Emi Chiba
Produced by: Hikaru Kondo and Atsuhiro Iwakami
Studio: Ufotable
Distributed by: Aniplex
Movie ending theme: "Hallelujah (アレルヤ)" by Kalafina
Special ending theme: "dolce" by Kalafina

Main cast: Shiki Ryōgi (両儀 式) / SHIKI (織)http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...n/images/f/f7/SHIKI_and_Shiki_-_Basic_Ref.png voiced by Maaya Sakamoto
Mikiya Kokutō (黒桐 幹也) voiced by Kenichi Suzumura
Tōko Aozaki (蒼崎 橙子) voiced by Takako Honda
Azaka Kokutō (黒桐 鮮花) voiced by Ayumi Fujimura

Future Gospel: Shizune Seo (瀬尾 静音) voiced by Yuka Iguchi
Mitsuru Kamekura (瓶倉 光溜) voiced by Akira Ishida
Mana Ryōgi (両儀 未那) voiced by Hisako Kanemoto
Fujino Asagami (浅上 藤乃) voiced by Mamiko Noto
Ririsu Miyazuki (宮月 理々栖) voiced by Risa Taneda
Daisuke Akimi (秋巳大輔) voiced by Hiroki Tōchi
Mother Mifune (観布子の母) voiced by Kujira
Naomi (ナオミ) voiced by Saori Onishi
Official website & PV:

Synopsis: Mirai Fukuin (lit. The Future’s Gospel) is a side story of Kara no Kyoukai novel series. It is divided into two parts; Möbius Ring: It’s about two psychics, Shizune Seo and Mitsuru Kamekura, who can foresee the future. Shizune was sick of her predictable boring life and Meruka became a professional bomber taking advantage of his supernatural power. When Shizune met Mikiya and when Meruka met Shiki, their immutable future started to change. Möbius Link: Taking place ten years after the events of Kara no Kyoukai, Ryougi Mana, Shiki’s daughter spends the day with Mitsuru Kamekura.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 15 2013, 10:45 AM)Overall, an excellent series and I'm glad I held off for so long because I got to enjoy it in glorious Blu-Ray HD.

Supposedly, Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin, will be a movie, it's sort of a prequel to some of the movies as well as the future (after the 7th movie and Epilogue). I'm not sure if it will be just be one movie though. What I was really wondering is when do you think it will be out?was translated a few days ago but it didn't convince me so I waited for Commie subs today, like you said for me it's the best Nasuverse series (after Fate/Zero):
Kara no Kyoukai: Fukan Fukei (1st animated film) fall 2007 (2013 in 3D) - 9/10
KnK Satsujin Kosatsu: Zen (2nd animated film) fall 2007 - 7/10
KnK Tsūkaku Zanryū (3rd animated film) winter 2008 - 9/10
KnK Garan no Dō (4th animated film) spring 2008 - 8/10
KnK Mujun Rasen (5th animated film) summer 2008 - 10/10
KnK Bōkyaku Rokuon (6th animated film) fall 2008 - 7/10
KnK Satsujin Kosatsu: Go (7th animated film) summer 2009 - 10/10
KnK Shūshō (epilogue OVA) winter 2011 - 5/10
KnK Mirai Fukuin (8th animated film) summer 2013 - 8/10
KnK MF: Extra Chorus (short animated film) winter 2014 - 6/10

Attachments

• 80_c.png
    80_c.png
    13 KB · Views: 121
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back