Jyushin Enbu

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired
The cover of July issue of Square Enix's Shonen Gangan anthology announced that manga Jyushin Enbu (Hero Tales) will be adapted into anime.

Jyushin Enbu
獣神演武
Hero Tales

Premier: Autumn 2007
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Shounen
Official Website: Jyushin Enbu
Wikipedia's Article: Wiki
Mangaka: Hiromu Arakawa (Author of FullMetal Alchemist)
Story (wikipedia):
A period piece, JÅ«shin Enbu features Taitou, a young man who hates the empire that rules at the time, with his sister Laila as they learn of a mysterious power Taitou holds, unbeknownst to him. Taitou is the incarnation of a mysterious star that grants him a huge amount of power that he has yet to fully master. Joining them is Ryuukou, who has power similar to Taitou, just more honed.

After Taitou's coming of age ceremony, which required him being beaten by Ryuukou, he is given the Kenkaranpu, described as a conqueror's sword, which Taitou is not even capable of drawing. Soon after, he and Laila are greeted by a man named Shimei, who wanted to take the sword. After a quick exchange of blows, Shimei explains the source of Taitou's power, the star Hagun, one of the most powerful Hokushin-Tenkun. When Shimei uses his own sword's power to cause Laila to stop breathing, Taitou becomes so angry he releases Hagun's power, draws Kenkaranpu and pins Shimei to the wall by throwing the sword through his stomach. He then turns to Ryuukou and attacks.

Despite his best efforts, Ryuukou could not overcome Hagun's power. It was only a resuscitated Laila's intervention (along with a nasty head butt) that brought Taitou to his senses. However, they all soon learn that Shimei had escaped with the sword.

At midnight, Taitou sneaks out to recover the sword. As he is leaving Ryuukou and Laila quickly join him on his journey.

It seems to be rooted in Chinese folklore and history, as well as having an element of fantasy involved.

Another Chinese historical anime...ah well, I just hope that this can turn into something awesome like serei no moribito...

Just wondering is this licensed? cause i can't add it to my watch list because i can't find it....

The sub was just put up today on a couple of other sites, but it doesn't look like its up here yet, and I'm pretty dsure that it's not licensed

Jyushin Enbu is an MFI work, so it's treated like a licensed series... which means that fansub.tv will not be hosting any of the subbed episodes, and it's not allowed to discuss where to obtain them
smile.gif

Anyhow, it is good news that subs do exist. I'm going to have to hunt them down... I wonder if this show will be as good as FMA?

QUOTE (lordheinous @ Oct 15 2007, 06:16 PM) The sub was just put up today on a couple of other sites, but it doesn't look like its up here yet, and I'm pretty dsure that it's not licensed
Jyushin Enbu isn't licensed yet, but it is an MFI work, which means it will be treated as one and won't be posted on FTV.

Alright now that we got the fact that we can't say where to obtain it and why it won't be hosted here on FTV out of the way let's talk about whether it sucks or shines...

Eppy 1 thoughts:
Woah martial arts and sword fighting excellency all before the OP credits roll... It immediately gives off that "choosen one's" vibe or they call it the "seven star's" with the Hokushin-Tenkun mark (Celestial of the Northern Star) don't know all the details but it sounds important XDD... sughee scene when you see the symbols appearing on the choosen one's in places across the land...

-Laila head butt's Taitou showing that strong family bond right from the start lmao we also come to realize early on that she thinks her onii-chan is a bakaaaa!!! XDD Oh no so if the two aren't related by blood does that mean we are gonna have another onii-chan love love relationship spring forth???

-We learn that whoever draws the conqueror's/dragon? sword becomes the next emperor ehh a young brash Taitou made made dane... Taitou awakens which sets up what looks to be a very promising action packed episode 2... This could be a really good one
wink.gif

JINX barbo! lol oh well, at least we really got the point across! I still haven't seen the first episode, but I had to comment on this:

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Oct 15 2007, 11:24 PM)-Laila head butt's Taitou showing that strong family bond right from the start lmao we also come to realize early on that she thinks her onii-chan is a bakaaaa!!! XDD Oh no so if the two aren't related by blood does that mean we are gonna have another onii-chan love love relationship spring forth???

oh god, no "onii-chan" relationships please! Yuck! But I've read elsewhere that it seems that may be the case...
dry.gif

Well it was the case in the manga, but it was more about psychology as :
Laila did not know about him NOT being related to her and still acted in same way, which later gave a considerate psychological trauma for Taito. Also Laila is important part in certain darker aspects of Taito "going over limits"

It really sad that this part became one of major differences in anime...

For those who read/watched claymoire:
Think of her as not so annoying version of Raki. She serves similar purpose on what Raki served through Rabona and last episodes/

QUOTE (julezia @ Oct 15 2007, 03:59 PM)Jyushin Enbu is an MFI work, so it's treated like a licensed series... which means that fansub.tv will not be hosting any of the subbed episodes, and it's not allowed to discuss where to obtain them 
smile.gif

Anyhow, it is good news that subs do exist. I'm going to have to hunt them down... I wonder if this show will be as good as FMA?
I was thinking the same thing as I see some of the characters resemble some from FMA, a favorite of mine. What I am referring to is the drawing style of the animation of course, and the excitement this particular anime illicits...a grand adventure/quest "a la FMA!" I love the opening song....great dance tune to be played for our listening and dancing pleasure, on TS one fine day?
rolleyes.gif
Ah....noble but brash, Taitou....let's see what comes of him and the rest of the chosen ones....Julez, best get to watching this one...lots of male eye candy with a great storyline and action to boot! As far as the brother/sister relationship? Well, they are not related by blood but still queasy but hell...who knows?
rolleyes.gif

I am gonna cry if this one gets licensed...but it seems destined too.
sad.gif

This one looks to be THE action series for the new season in my opinion. We got a great fight right in the beginning before the OP even started and considering the character designs are by the original creator of FMA I'm expecting more good action to come. But as far as the story goes, I'm not even gonna touch on trying to expect it to be as good as FMA. That's just putting way to much of an expectation of this series and will most likely end in disappointment if I'm hoping for something as good as FMA, let alone better.

I would like to see this one subbed. It does have a feel/reference to Suikoden (not the game, but the Chinese story).

QUOTE (Bladewind @ Oct 17 2007, 11:37 AM) I would like to see this one subbed. It does have a feel/reference to Suikoden (not the game, but the Chinese story).
Hola, Bladewind! First episode is already subbed....I am sure you will know where to look for it as I cannot give the links here. Anyway, be prepared to watch a really good action/quest series.....looking forward to your opinion.
laugh.gif

I just finished watching it, and I think it's pretty good... I can't wait to see all the characters that we see in the intro, in action, they look cool
cool.gif

I'm not a big fan of Laila and the "onii-chan" love relationship.. or "aniki" in this case lol...who knows, it might not even become a romantic relationship... at least, one can hope that it remains strictly platonic.
Laila was a bit annoying too, always calling him a baka and whatnot... I would have prefered her to be another "Winry (who had a cool persona)," but at least she can fight.. or I think so, since she was in fighting stance when the ghost guy arrived...
I like the action in the series, but I'm not sure if it's going to have any heart breaking drama like FMA had... I hope it will... it was just the first episode so we'll have to see what direction its going to go in

QUOTE (julezia @ Oct 17 2007, 12:36 PM) Laila was a bit annoying too, always calling him a baka and whatnot... I would have prefered her to be another "Winry (who had a cool persona)," but at least she can fight.. or I think so, since she was in fighting stance when the ghost guy arrived...

Yes, I got the impression she was baiting him and wanting for his attention constantly. That was annoying....Ah, now Winfry was a lady and so cool despite the love she had for our "handsome blondie, Edward." Yes, Laila can fight and I am sure as the series goes on, we will see more of those martial arts fighting skills...just do not want to see the brother/sister-"we are not related by blood" possible love connection....
tongue.gif

i just finished watching the first episode. i like it but can help seeing it as a chinese FMA probably just because of the art. and the humor is the same. but the whole time i was like, "fuhrer bradley!" and "winry???" oh well, i need to get over that.

well... i'm not too thrilled about the onii-chan relationship. i was ok with it if they were actually brother and sister and had a relationship like that. but since they're not blood related, the potential of one of them falling for the other is getting kinda old.

i'm not a big fan of the genre but this is one has nice fight sequences. none of those vague clues as to what happened they actually show swords clashing and all that.

very interesting anime. i like it so far. i also love the seiyuus. taito's seiyuu, same guy who did okayatsu of peach girl, chika of zombie loan. and ryuko's sexy voice who did the voice of kanda of dgrayman and shito of zombie loan.

QUOTE (biankita @ Oct 19 2007, 11:58 PM)
well... i'm not too thrilled about the onii-chan relationship. i was ok with it if they were actually brother and sister and had a relationship like that. but since they're not blood related, the potential of one of them falling for the other is getting kinda old.

i kind of agree with u there. its somewhat stereotype. u know where taito will be like protecting her and all. but we'll never know how this will turn out into something that we dont expect.
wink.gif

im giving this 3 thumbs up.
biggrin.gif

Just watched episode two from my usual place and came over here to comment. I thought the style looked a little similar to another anime, but I couldn't put my finger on it; I like how he seems to combine old and new styles. It's a shame that it's being subbed slowly though. I'm glad to have found another action/fighting anime after History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi ended, though so far it's not shaping up to be nearly as intense.

QUOTE (laebshade @ Oct 30 2007, 12:05 PM) Just watched episode two from my usual place and came over here to comment. I thought the style looked a little similar to another anime, but I couldn't put my finger on it; I like how he seems to combine old and new styles. It's a shame that it's being subbed slowly though. I'm glad to have found another action/fighting anime after History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi ended, though so far it's not shaping up to be nearly as intense.
Don't be disappointed.....episodes 2, 3, and 4, are already subbed and you can download, if you know where to look....I will be watching these episodes later today...if not, this week. I am unable to give the actual link as this one is treated as a licensed anime series. Looking forward to it.....perhaps if you look close enough, you may see some similarities to FMA?
wink.gif

Gee....only me watching?
rolleyes.gif
Anyway, just did an anime marathon of episodes 2-4. Taito, just awakened.....immature and full of power, way beyond his control but learning to master it quickly. More is revealed as the story progresses and it remains action packed with humor, drama and mystery and yes, the annoying "brother-sister relationship." Seems, she's the only one who can stop him when he's in his full-of-anger-beyond-control mode. Won't write too much more as I do not want to spoil for all who have yet to see these episodes. So, the quest begins.....

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back