JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite character from the first 4 parts?

• Jonathan Joestar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dio Brando / DIO

• William Antonio Zeppeli

• Robert E. O. Speedwagon

• Joseph Joestar

• Caesar Antonio Zeppeli

• Rudolf von Stroheim

• Lisa Lisa / Elizabeth Joestar

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Jōtarō Kūjō

• Noriaki Kakyoin

• Jean Pierre Polnareff

• Mohammed Avdol

• Iggy (I guess dogs count)

• Josuke Higashikata

• Rohan Kishibe

• None of them / another one from JoJo's Part 1 to 4

• Total voters
lol what a twisted twist xD in the beginning I though Stroheim would become a main villain pulling the strings in this arc, before Santana's revival because his obsession to experiment and use him for the Nazis' world domination but no!... actually he did to find out how to deal with other pillar men at Europe about to awake but after failing he even sacrificed himself, as JoJo said "it's not good to just assume people are evil" or "there's more to him that meets the eye"
blink.gif

I haven't seen the first episode, but I have a question.

Do we get to witness Dio commit two of his most hideous crimes? Throwing Danny in the furnace and stealing that one kiss?

Well you only get to see the one scene played out fully, but as for the other there's a mention of it, and yes Danny does die in the furnace in the first part.

As for the current episode it looks like Jojo has fallen for Lisa Lisa here and it's kind of obvious as to what will happen next after he fights Wham and I think also AC/DC as well here.
tongue.gif

Jajaja! Awesome.
laugh.gif

I am so going to watch this. Dio is hands down the most evil human ever.

This might be my chance to finish the series. I tried twice reading the arc with Jotaro, but the whole "Persona" thing really turned me off.

From the way things are going I think this series might end up finishing up the Battle Tendancy Arc and then call it a season here. Although I kind of want to see Part III and IV done for another season here. I mean things kind of really get going when Jotaro comes onto the scene of course.

Although yes they did an OVA on Part III way back when but still I look forward to seeing how they are going to do it this time around.
tongue.gif

In any case to think that Jojo had to fight AC/DC in a way he normally tends to fight other people here. I mean they both used the same mind game tatics to the point where it ended up being a mind game counter here.

QUOTE (Repede @ Jan 28 2013, 03:13 PM)Jajaja! Awesome.  

I am so going to watch this. Dio is hands down the most evil human ever.

This might be my chance to finish the series. I tried twice reading the arc with Jotaro, but the whole "Persona" thing really turned me off.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 28 2013, 01:24 PM)As for the current episode it looks like Jojo has fallen for Lisa Lisa here and it's kind of obvious as to what will happen next after he fights Wham and I think also AC/DC as well heretrust me Repede you'll be not disappointed by the style and faithful manga plot but sadly its character design and animation isnt as good as the OVAs & movie, back to arc 2 after many hilarious stuff like cracker volleys or wedding rings of death we get a gorier episode plus fanservice with JoJo peeping on Lisa Lisa... if only he knew who she really is xD also we though he outsmarted the crybaby ACDC but his brain survived to take the Aja stone using her cute maid Suzie Q, good to see she was saved with Caesar's help and JoJo falling for her lately but I didn't expect Stroheim to survive too (I retire what I posted about him)
blink.gif

The Nazis are so funny... "German science...!"
laugh.gif
Other than that, this arc seems to be quite a bit more morbid and serious than the previous one, somehow. One wonders why they don't make shounen this good anymore, or why it took so long to make this into a proper anime.

Also, rejoice! The OP song got SLAM-fied. Epic!
biggrin.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7hiF7fXhLg

lol thnx Ausdo for that awesome remix xD here is a Touhou genderbender arrange and a couple of interesting vids pointing the namesakes of this tv series (arcs 1-2), also both OVA series (3) ^^ actually I think Battle Tendency has more comedy but why back then nobody bothered to animate the rest besides Stardust Crusaders... hm maybe because they only risked on animating the most popular arc? (Phantom Blood's movie doesn't count) -.- about Caesar's tragic past and battle vs. Wham is, so far the most epic episode IMO (I guess Sailor Mercury's attack was based from his ripple ¬¬) but right after i bursted in laugh with that ad by Stroheim's seiyu
laugh.gif

Well with episode 20 it looks like Caesar took it upon himself to follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather by dying of a manly death just to help out Jojo in some way now. Although his father more along the line died for Ceasar, but you get the idea.

Also, the PS3 fighting game is something to look forward to since it looks like it has everone from the first sotry arc right up to Jojolion's story arc. Still this game might end up being the kind of game of which Jojo is the best in the overall series, let alone which character is... ah who am I kidding we all know it's all for Dio of course and his Za Warudo bit once more.
tongue.gif

ah Bandai Namco is doing a great job to improve JBA's fighting games by Capcom in the 90's o_O first all Joestars also vs Wham then vs Dio and vs zeppeli, well this episode was Lisa Lisa's turn showing how smooth and fast she is to defeat her opponent (maybe she inspired Rose from Street Fighter Alpha/Zero series ¬¬)- ...weak vampires like Wired Beck can't stand a chance (namesake from Jeff Beck and his band) but Jojo is starting to suspect who she really is to him so most likely, it'll be too late for her until he finds out -.- about the new Blu-rays I found some re-designed and uncensored pics comparing with TV screenshots (click to enlarge) ^^
ohmy.gif

lol one epic episode after another xD this chariot race against Wham really took the series to a new level but it looks he'll not die easily after being outsmarted, kudos to the fansubbers for JoJo's "Stop! Hammer Time!" ("U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer) after grabbing the Sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel's song ^^)... anytime that "to be continued" arrow appears i'm like "oh no! must wait another week" >.< still for me are the best cliffhangers of these last seasons, also while listening to this ED I realized the full Roundabout song (8:35) is now completed

ep.1 ED 1 - 0:51 to 2:21
ep.2 ED 2 - 0:00 to 2:15
ep.3 - no ED theme on TV version
ep.4 ED 3 - 0:41 to 2:14
ep.5 ED 4 - 6:57 to 8:27
ep.6 ED 4 - 0:00 to 2:22
ep.7 ED 4 - 0:00 to 2:14
ep.8 ED 5 - 6:57 to 8:27
ep.9 ED 3 - 0:33 to 2:15
ep.10 ED 6 - 0:23 to 2:13
ep.11 ED 6 - 0:44 to 2:14
ep.12 ED 7 - 0:00 to 2:13
ep.13 ED 7 - 0:33 to 2:13
ep.14 ED 8 - 3:21 to 4:54
ep.15 ED 9 - 5:34 to 7:04
ep.16 - 6:27 to 7:06
ep.17 ED 10 - 0:33 to 2:15
ep.18 ED 10 - 0:51 to 2:20
ep.19 ED 11 - 0:29 to 2:14
ep.20 - no ED theme on TV version
ep.21 - no ED theme on TV version
ep.22 ED 12 - 2:26 to 4:00

EPICCC!!
ohmy.gif

That's about all I can say in the way of a review for this arc. Let's see how the next one holds up in comparison to the amazing OVA.

Well why do I get this feeling that they are going to re-animate the 3rd arc here? I mean it prety much ended wit seeing Jotaro being in prison for his usual antics I'll bet.

In any case yes Battle Tendancy was the best series if you're a fan of the Ripple fighting. Although I get this feeling that the 3rd was well know and respected for the Stand fightings especially Dio comming back in that one with his own stand somehow.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) is based off the 63 volume manga of the same name. To date, the Jojo series has received very spread out and non-chronological adaptations of the 8 part series with the first adaptation in 1993-1994, which animated the second half of the third part of the series: Stardust Crusaders. The 2012 anime adaptation animates the first 2 parts of the manga (volumes 1 through 12), featuring Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency. Phantom Blood had received a film adaptation in 2007. In essence, this is the tale that begins all of Jojo. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 premiered during the Fall 2012 and Winter 2012/2013 anime seasons.

The Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga has long finished (1999) and similar to the Joestar family's curse, the earlier adaptations between in the last 20 years were all generally poor and long forgotten, mostly due to lack of chronology and jumping half way into a story. The 2007 anime film adaptation was a step in the right direction but not widely well known due to poor advertising. Luckily, Jojo returns in 2012 with an adaptation that begins appropriately from the beginning of the series allowing for many new audience members to join in on the party. As stated above, the 2012 series adapts the first 12 volumes of the manga and thus first 2 parts of the series to completion. The plot is spaced out very nicely with a strong narrative that explained a lot of the various terminology in the series. The premise is great as the story continues on for generations to come so that no one protagonist is infinitely strong. The one big flaw in this show is the skipping of most of the training regiments. Granted that adapting the entire menu would double the length of the series, it would be helpful to see (even if a little bit) how the characters actually progress to their next level. The magical appearance of "new techniques" in a showdown is nice and all but diverges from plausibility even for a shounen action title. Character wise is a mixed bag. Jonathan is generally a boring character while Joseph on the other hand is amusing. People also seem to chatter about the amount of plot twists...generally speaking, I find it rather expected for this show. It likes to build up some suspense to these moments that make it blatantly obvious over time. On the other hand, I love the dialogue in this show more than anything else and really glad they flushed that aspect out from the manga along with an appropriate cast.

Art is very well done. Detailed and has a nice classic feel that truly brings out a historical like setting along with the manga style from the 80s and 90s. Animation is by David Production and feels a lot like Tatakau Shisho -The Book of Bantorra-, which had decent animation. The quality definitely improved since then and fits with the premise of the series. I also enjoyed how the manga effects and color changing shots were incorporated in to the series. It really highlighted certain moments of the series.

OP and ED are generally stuff I didn't care about in this show. The jazz OP themes definitely fit with the series while the ED felt out of place at times. Background music was amazing and most definitely sound effects. Seiyuu was also fantastic for this title. Great cast, especially Joseph's seiyuu.

Enjoyment? Phantom Blood is arguably one of the more boring bits until the final showdown. Granted, it sets up the ultimate premise for the rest of the series so I'm glad the staff chose to start here instead of somewhere else. The adaptation leaves room for potential (proper) sequels in the future now that the manga is long done and that the industry has finally come to terms with giving this series a proper adaptation (or so I hope). Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is definitely one of the better series to kick off the year with and it has a different setup than most shows nowadays, not to mention one of the better action anime adaptations as of late. There is only one show that rivals the Jojo series and that is Hokuto no Ken. Seriously speaking, nothing else can even compare.

Overall, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 is the best anime adaptation for the Jojo franchise to date. If you're new to the franchise, I suggest you start watching here as it does a great job at sticking with the key points of the manga. It gets the message across in a very concise manner.

Preliminary Score: 7/10
Final Score: 8/10

To comment on the film there Kit-san, there was a good reason why it wasn't overly advertised in the first place. Pretty much it was due to the manga author himself not liking the idea of the studio leaving out Speedwagon in the story at all. Not only that but it didn't do the Phantom Blood story arc any justice either from what I have been told.

Also, with the Phantom Blood Arc I have to say that we see Johnathan trying to be a gentleman even while things look its bleakest, but it felt more like it was focusing on how Dio pretty much became somewhat of a curse upon the Joestar family.

As for Battle Tendancy it was pretty much showing how different one Jojo can be to the next. I mean Joseph pretty much felt like the kind of guy who loves to troll people at times. I mean sometimes it's hard to take him seriously in a fight when he acts like that, but usually it's becuase he's more tatical then his grandfather ever was.
tongue.gif

Well for the OP1 I have to say it kind of showed how MANly this MAName was going to be.
tongue.gif

As for the second OP I have to say it felt more along the line of this is going to be a fun story arc to watch here.
biggrin.gif

And for the ED I have to say granted it maybe out of place for some viewers, but it kind of fits the essence of the entire series, due to the fact that this series is mostly baised on major bands from the 70s and 80s here. I mean this was the only series where I was okay with listening to the OP and ED songs so that's kind o a good thing from me.
tongue.gif

Also, as far as I know the volumes are technically divided up into major chapters, and so far I think there's only 8 or so since I keep hering Jojolion being th elatest arc for the series.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Apr 06 2013, 11:40 AM)EPICCC!!  

That's about all I can say in the way of a review for this arc. Let's see how the next one holds up in comparison to the amazing OVA.
QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Apr 08 2013, 01:57 AM)i must say this is one of the best animes ive ever seen. the first arc was shit but the second arc - battle tendency - was hell good. this is the next best thing to death note. cant wait for the third season - stardust crusaders.sadly after 2 weeks since its 2nd arc finale there isnt a new ep yet -.- i suppose Jotaro's cliffhanger was only a teaser for the 2k's and 90's OVA series timeline, anyway I agree with Kit and Wolfie's POVs too ^^ after all this is probably the series which the word epic is repeated so many times in a FTV thread lately o_O ...its OSTs are awesome and variated specially my favorite Battle Tendency like Stroheim's song Propaganda (coolest nazi ever ¬¬) jk xD it was a long time, but still worth waiting 25 years for David Production to make properly the first 2 JoJo arcs so just like you guys I hope that they'll remake the 3rd part soon >.<

Baoh Raihōsha (an OVA based on Hirohiko Araki's first mangas) fall 1989 - 6/10
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (1st OVA series 6 eps.) fall 1993 to fall 1994 - 8/10
JJnKnB: Adventure (2nd OVA series 7 episodes) spring 2000 to fall 2002 - 7/10
JJnKnB: Phantom Blood (anime film) winter 2007 - 5/10 (PS of first 16 minutes)
JJnKnB Part 1: Phantom Blood (TV series episode 1 to 9) fall 2012 - 8/10
JJnKnB P2: Battle Tendency (eps. 10-26) fall 2012 to winter 2013 - 9/10

at last! the wait is over ;/ as seen in the updated key visual Stardust Crusaders was planned for TV, along Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency but delayed so I didn't bother with making a new topic... after watching ep.1 I noticed they look closer to manga character designs and the animation looks better, also i bet it'll be 26 eps. long again if they plan to adapt it more faithfully than the 13 OVAs
smile.gif

OMGOMGOMG IT'S HERE YEEEEEEEHAW!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I don't even care, AOTS, right now
laugh.gif

Finally watched the first episode and now counting the episodes before Za Wardo is mentioned here.

Other then that to think that Jotaro's mother is okay with how he's been action. Although I have to say seeing the second story arc's JoJo still around to bring up the family curse of Dio Brando only means that Dio will always haunt the Joestar line. Although I'm kind of waiting to see if a Zepeli character will show up in this Chapter and die horribly like in the prior chapters.
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back