JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite character from the first 4 parts?

• Jonathan Joestar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dio Brando / DIO

• William Antonio Zeppeli

• Robert E. O. Speedwagon

• Joseph Joestar

• Caesar Antonio Zeppeli

• Rudolf von Stroheim

• Lisa Lisa / Elizabeth Joestar

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Jōtarō Kūjō

• Noriaki Kakyoin

• Jean Pierre Polnareff

• Mohammed Avdol

• Iggy (I guess dogs count)

• Josuke Higashikata

• Rohan Kishibe

• None of them / another one from JoJo's Part 1 to 4

• Total voters
no matter how much Dio and other aspects of the series may be disliked or not, this keeps me hooked to watch how the next wicked events will be animated from the manga now that his surreal battle against both JoJo and Zeppeli just began... he's overpowering them but his henchmen Turkus and Bruford will be hard to deal with too, at least Speedwagon wasn't as useless as in previous episodes xD also the music makes it more cool so i'll surely check out its OST when it's released ^^

btw here is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 25th anniversary special by imagine-nation http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/tv/...1210260800.html I watched it streamed from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz1WqJFA250 but also i found about Berserk which was aired in January of this year http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/tv/...1201060800.html

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 03 2012, 03:31 AM) no matter how much Dio and other aspects of the series may be disliked or not, this keeps me hooked to watch how the next wicked events will be animated from the manga now that his surreal battle against both JoJo and Zeppeli just began... he's overpowering them but his henchmen Turkus and Bruford will be hard to deal with too, at least Speedwagon wasn't as useless as in previous episodes xD also the music makes it more cool so i'll surely check out its OST when it's released ^^

LOLOLOL@ Speedwagon: WILL MY HEART THAW THE FROST? That was sooo corny and hilarious. I agree, with you Necro that at least he wasn't completely useless this time around.
I also liked the mini history lesson about Turkus and Bruford. And Jojo was pretty cool too, thinking fast about how to defeat Turkus under water (was it Turkus? not sure which is which
tongue.gif
) I have to laugh at their exaggerated reactions to events and how they are constantly coming up with GAR moves that will surpass even their own previous GAR fighting.

How can you call that GAR? Its wanna-be GAR nothing more, if even that. Since you cant take it serious what they do its impossible to be GAR.

The problem is this is GAR at it's finest. I mean when manly men do manly things that right there is more or less GAR depending on what the manly thing is. Normally it's when people fight you know that is when manly changes to GAR here. Pretty much this sieres is GAR at its finest before GAr was even considered as a word mind you.

Besides this series generated a few memes outof it to the point where the anime community can pick up on things without even trying. Heck this series can be consdiered as a cult classic when it comes to all things anime. So with that being said them doing an actual anime this time around instead of a random OVA goes to show you that its manliness needed the right people along with the right animation for it to work as it does so far.

QUOTE (julezia @ Nov 06 2012, 01:58 PM)I also liked the mini history lesson about Turkus and Bruford. And Jojo was pretty cool too, thinking fast about how to defeat Turkus under water (was it Turkus? not sure which is which ) I have to laugh at their exaggerated reactions to events and how they are constantly coming up with GAR moves that will surpass even their own previous GAR fightingactually he was fighting Bruford underwater ;p i liked their story too and his flowery defeat in ep.6 (Pluck sword??) but it seems Tarkus will kill Zeppeli next week so I hope they save at least Poco's hot sister, about if JoJo is GAR or not I'm with you and Wolfie because since the 80s along with Hokuto no Ken and Saint Seiya reinvented GARness in manga and anime...

QUOTE (julezia @ Nov 06 2012, 01:58 PM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 03 2012, 02:31 AM)Dio is overpowering them but his henchmen Turkus and Bruford will be hard to deal with too, at least Speedwagon wasn't as useless as in previous episodes xDLOLOLOL@ Speedwagon: WILL MY HEART THAW THE FROST? That was sooo corny and hilarious. I agree, with you Necro that at least he wasn't completely useless this time aroundlol I couldn't say it better Ju-chan ^^ Speedwagon in a nutshell but i wonder what happened to all his bravery since he was defeated after slashing JoJo's arm with his bladed hat, will he use it again? unless he learns to do ripple attacks he'll be a burden or as Dio says "weak! WEAK!" xD their poses and one-liners are the funniest this year

Zep: "Hey baby! How many lives have you drained to heal those wounds?"
Dio: "Do you remember how many loaves of bread you have eaten in your life?"
JoJo: "DIIOOOOOOO!!"

...no wonder why he's voiced by Sugou/Oberon's seiyuu (yeah Takehito Koyasu is doing VA for the two main douchbags of this season o_O), also what SAO has in common with this series is that Zeppeli and Kirito love spicy sandwiches
laugh.gif

I knew it R.I.P. Zeppeli >_< at least he was avenged using all his ripple energy to transfer in JoJo who destroyed Tarkus in a blink, besides Stardust Crusaders OVAs I can't tell how much bizarre and epic this series will turn next xD ...looks like kicking and locking Danny in a box to be burned alive inside a furnace the first ep. wasn't enough for Dio, now has as pets human-head cats and cat-head birds o_O enemy #1 of the PETA since 1987 (JJBA's CMs were cool though)
laugh.gif

^ Yeah now at least it's clear how come JoJo survived from classical England to modern-ish world. I kept wondering, but it seems logical now that we know that he can receive life energy from others.

Starting to realize that the ED song is pretty awesome, even if too "Deep Purplish". Putting it on my alarm
wink.gif

"Yeah now at least it's clear how come JoJo survived from classical England to modern-ish world. I kept wondering, but it seems logical now that we know that he can receive life energy from others."

Actually Jonathan himself doesnt survive from 1800 england to modern world, his bloodline does. Each series of Jojo's Bizarre adventure focuses on the Joestar bloodline with a new "Jojo" each series. Next season will be Jonathan's son Joseph Joestar.

I am a huge fan of the Jojo series and ive read every single manga to date, and i must say I'm slightly disappointed in the animation budget for this series. Altho its not terrible, its just sad to see such an iconic series cut so many corners in the animation. However I wont let that ruin my joy for seeing this series finally animated in the first place.

Well for some reason I almost want to say that Jojo's manliness went up a level after Zeppeli's manly manly death happened here. Also, for some reason I want to say that this series is more or less a hommage to Fist of the North Star if you will. I mean for a moment there I thought he looked just like Kenshiro witht eh exception of having bluish hair and doesn't have the Seven Scars.
tongue.gif

Also, the CMs pretty much not only shoed how manly the Jojo seires is, but also the the Jump manga as well since... well... it had a thing for Stiens;Gate in it.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (King Zombie 84 @ Nov 18 2012, 07:40 PM) Actually Jonathan himself doesnt survive from 1800 england to modern world, his bloodline does. Each series of Jojo's Bizarre adventure focuses on the Joestar bloodline with a new "Jojo" each series. Next season will be Jonathan's son Joseph Joestar.

I am a huge fan of the Jojo series and ive read every single manga to date, and i must say I'm slightly disappointed in the animation budget for this series. Altho its not terrible, its just sad to see such an iconic series cut so many corners in the animation. However I wont let that ruin my joy for seeing this series finally animated in the first place.
Eh, well, okay. It's just they all look pretty damn similar between the series *shrug*

I wouldn't say the series cuts that many animation corners. I mean, sure, it's not one of those high-budget shows like a few this season, which seem to have blown all the money on graphics and animation, but I'd say it's pretty competent in the "average" range. Besides, some of the "cut corners" might be intentional stylization. The only thing that looks really bad is the OP sequence, though that's more because of 3D misuse rather than poor budget.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 20 2012, 01:43 PM) Eh, well, okay. It's just they all look pretty damn similar between the series *shrug*

I wouldn't say the series cuts that many animation corners. I mean, sure, it's not one of those high-budget shows like a few this season, which seem to have blown all the money on graphics and animation, but I'd say it's pretty competent in the "average" range. Besides, some of the "cut corners" might be intentional stylization. The only thing that looks really bad is the OP sequence, though that's more because of 3D misuse rather than poor budget.
Yeah, your right. It might actually be stylization with some of the things they have done. Im a HUGE fan of JoJo so Im very happy to even see this series get animated in the first place. I remember buying a imported Ps2 just so i could play the Part 5 JoJo game that came out, worth every penny.

biggrin.gif

I'm glad this epic episode wasn't censored since JoJo fatally smashed Doobie using an anvil (unlike most cartoons) xD not only Straits and Tonpeti fought Dio's army, even Speedwagon helped with a hammer (Dire was out of pluck) o_O telling by PV this arc finale Erina and JoJo's wedding will not end as 'they lived happily forever' :/

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 20 2012, 01:43 PM)QUOTE (King Zombie 84 @ Nov 18 2012, 06:40 PM)QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 18 2012, 03:21 PM)^ Yeah now at least it's clear how come JoJo survived from  classical England to modern-ish world. I kept wondering, but it seems logical now that we know that he can receive life energy from others.

Starting to realize that the ED song is pretty awesome, even if too "Deep Purplish". Putting it on my alarmActually Jonathan himself doesnt survive from 1800 england to modern world, his bloodline does. Each series of Jojo's Bizarre adventure focuses on the Joestar bloodline with a new "Jojo" each series. Next season will be Jonathan's son Joseph Joestar.

I am a huge fan of the Jojo series and ive read every single manga to date, and i must say I'm slightly disappointed in the animation budget for this series. Altho its not terrible, its just sad to see such an iconic series cut so many corners in the animation. However I wont let that ruin my joy for seeing this series finally animated in the first place.Eh, well, okay. It's just they all look pretty damn similar between the series *shrug*

I wouldn't say the series cuts that many animation corners. I mean, sure, it's not one of those high-budget shows like a few this season, which seem to have blown all the money on graphics and animation, but I'd say it's pretty competent in the "average" range. Besides, some of the "cut corners" might be intentional stylization. The only thing that looks really bad is the OP sequence, though that's more because of 3D misuse rather than poor budget.well you guys are right except for Joseph who is his grandson according to the Joestar family tree because his son is named Jorge II in memory of his father, also as seen in both OVA series the immortality of Dio's head is the reason why Jonathan's body survived for a century in addition to Zeppeli's ripple energy... about quality I prefer great stylization (90's OVAs and this TV series) over high-budget character designs or animation (2k's OVAs and Phantom Blood movie), you can see that in the movie trailer and pics below or even my current sig ^^

Well all I can say is that was a fight on EPIC Proportions there.
tongue.gif

While I can say that this is mostly the end of the Stone Mask arc there is one last thing before the arc is fully over now. Although I now wonder what the next story arc will be like.

Although it feels like the sub group here got a bit lazy it seems. I mean there were prats that felt like they were saying more then just waht they actually at with the subs on screen though.

Although I kind of wonder what will happen to Strights since his partner Dire died here.
laugh.gif

Bad music reference I know but I couldn't resist there.
tongue.gif

Well, you know what you get with the sub groups. There are two groups doing the show, one being the lazy/almost literal speedsubs, and the other slow/quality full localization subs. As much as I usually favor the latter group, I feel like this show's dialogue isn't nearly complex enough for me to need quality subs. This ain't Joshiraku. I could be watching RAWs, but I'm too lazy
tongue.gif

But yeah, fun episode, though the preview suggests that the next one will be rather sad. :/ Also, Dire looked suspiciously like Polnareff, I wonder if there's a connection; probably not.

This is the kind of show, which through sheer buildup and atmosphere forces you to cheer for the characters and get really involved. The story's ridiculously basic, and everything is ridiculous and cliche, and yet you can't help being drawn in even as you laugh at the silliness of it all.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 18 2012, 03:21 PM)Starting to realize that the ED song is pretty awesome, even if too "Deep Purplish". Putting it on my alarmoh in that case here you go ^^ as a plus the recently released opening single as well, I wonder if each arc will have a different OP/ED so we'll have to wait until next week http://www.4shared.com/get/6F-tM4hi/01-yes-roundabout.html and http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNi...%5D.zip.torrent ...talking about awesomeness I feel the same about this arc finale even though Jonathan's tragic death is well known as seen in the 2nd OVA series intro, now than Phantom Blood has ended I expect this TV series will go all the way beyond the 2nd arc Battle Tendency telling the youth of Joseph Joestar
smile.gif

Wow, this turn of events .... well lets see how this goes, dont like long story, bu dont like short either, so in a way this is somewhat experiment
smile.gif
but again 2 brothers in the end.. so i think the history will remain the same, didnt read manga sorry
smile.gif
but as turns go i really expect something like dio past his blood to johnathan before dieing and one of the new brothers will find his remains, as shown in last seconds of ep.

Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Battle Tendency, young Joseph Joestar's bizarre adventures through za warudo

Title: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency
Japanese: ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 Part2 戦闘潮流
Date Aired: 7/12/2012 (TV series episodes 10 to 26?, 4th animated project)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror, Supernatural, Suspense
Directed by: Naokatsu Tsuda and Kenichi Suzuki
Produced by: Hiroyuki Omori, Jun Fukuda, Ryosuke Mori and Toshiyasu Hayashi
Writed by: Yasuko Kobayashi
Character design: Takako Shimizu
Music by: Taku Iwasaki
Studio: David Production
Network: Tokyo MX
Opening theme: "Bloody Stream" by Coda
Ending theme: "Roundabout" by Yes (1972 single)
Main cast: Joseph Joestar (ジョセフ・ジョースター) voiced by Tomokazu Sugita
Robert Edward O. Speedwagon (ロバート·E·O·スピードワゴン) voiced by Youji Ueda
Erina Joestar (エリナ·ジョースター) and Smokey Brown (スモーキー・ブラウン)
Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli (シーザー・アントニオ・ツェペリ) voiced by Takuya Satō
Lisa Lisa / Elisabeth Joestar (リサリサ / エリザベス・ジョースター) voiced by Atsuko Tanaka
Rudolf von Stroheim (ルドル・フォン・シュトロハイム) voiced by Atsushi Imaruoka
Pillar Men: Wham (ワムウ) voiced by Akio Ōtsuka, Cars (カーズ), ACDC (エシディシ) and Santana (サンタナ)
TV series Part 2 PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGVSViecHWE
TV series teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24BukQYxZuw
Imagine-Nation preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz1WqJFA250
Official website: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/

Synopsis: Based of volumes 5 to 12. Begins in New York City, moves to Mexico briefly, then to Italy and finally, it ends in Switzerland, during the year 1938. Its main protagonist is Joseph Joestar, the grandson of Jonathan Joestar.

Necropinion: as seen in ep #10 this arc happens 50 years after Phantom Blood but there is a "midquel", I noticed lately subbed commercials announcing a new light novel titled Jorge Joestar... it tells the story about Joseph's parents Jorge the 2nd (Jonathan's son) and Lisa Lisa (the baby that Erina saved), I just hope they make at least an OVA to complete the series in chronological order
tongue.gif

who would have though that Straits admired Dio to reject humanity and betray everyone becoming a vampire but unlike gentleman grandpa Jonathan, Joseph dealt with him like a gangsta o_O after all he even had the nerve to ask granny Erina if she and Oldwagon had an affair (by her reaction maybe they did xD)... so ep.11 introduced the sadistic nazi Stroheim trying to revive mysterious pillar men and moves the setting from NY to Mexico, good to see Oldwagon didn't die but now forced to tell all the bizarre stuff he knows is up to JoJo to save him
tongue.gif

I definitely like the new OP, it's hella groovy!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Dec 15 2012, 12:16 PM)I definitely like the new OP, it's hella groovy!
biggrin.gif
not only that but the entire soundtrack of this arc 2 is completely different except for same ED song of course, also noticed its 2nd OP has character designs ala Street fighter or more like the other way around (JBA manga is from the 80's)... about ep.12 I'm glad Buddy Waters fansub released it quickly ^^ not only Santana's poses but Stroheim's overreactions and JoJo's crossdressing were hilarious, also is just me or the music I heard at minute 20 is from "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" by Yes? is the band of its 1st ED after all o_O could that be the 2nd ED?
ohmy.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back