Islam

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Mune @ Nov 17 2005, 05:31 AM)Yes! Eating "Pork's meat" is forbidden in Islam~
Why is that?! Well, what i know is that it cause "disease"~
It's that disease that i can't remember its name!! T.T
As I said in the previous post, pork does not cause more disease than any other meat. The only important thing is to cook the pork really well. But that goes for chicken and lamb as well. On the other hand, pork will go bad a lot faster than chicken if not refrigerated, but that is not a problem in the modern world.

It does not mean everyone should eat it. There are religious reason for not eating it. Those are perfectly fine. It is like a tradition and a way to show you are a part of a comunity. Some other view it as a thing they decide to not eat in order to thank god of everything he gave to them.
Its actually the same thing as with Ramandan. Not islamic people see it as "people who decide to not eat for no real reasons". But to the ones who do it, it has a lot more meaning than that (like it was pointed out previously in this thread)

Its actually true of most religious beliefs and practices. Why do christians wake up early sunday to o to church? Its not simply because they like to wake up early.

BTW, i'm not a muslim. I'm simply really interested with history and history of the religions (and how they interact with one another). Yes I know, its a weird combination to have some one in science be interested by history. Wha can I say, i'm a weird person
cool.gif

The question is how can someone eat a thing that feeds on trash, shit and stuff like that?!
There is no way I can eat a thing like that. Not over my dead body. I think the main cause of its diseases, is because that it feeds on such things.

*kaito kid*
No thank you honey for supporting me ^^

Back to Islam..
One of the most interesting things about Islam that we have a prayer for everything (going in to the bathroom, sleeping, waking up, getting out somewhere, driving, etc.)
That way we can be linked to god all the time, and it takes only a few seconds.
Muslims have special greetings "alsalmo alaikom wa rahmatu Allah wa brakatoh". Only other Muslims should be greeted with this greet. It means "may peace be upon you, forgiveness and blessings".

QUOTE (The Anime Lover @ Nov 17 2005, 07:14 AM) Muslims have special greetings "alsalmo alaikom wa rahmatu Allah wa brakatoh". Only other Muslims should be greeted with this greet. It means "may peace be upon you, forgiveness and blessings".
That's --> "Peace be upon you -as well as- Allah's Mercy & blessings"
Be more "accurate" when you translate~
dry.gif

And one more thing~ We don't have to say that WHOLE thing to one another all the time~
There is a shortcut~ Just say "Peace be upon you" --> "A salamo Alikom"
smile.gif

I really like that greeting~ It makes you feel peaceful!!~ -^^- *Peace*
laugh.gif

HOWEVER!! There is no harm if you use it on a non-muslim~
Or a non-muslim used it~
dry.gif
It's not sin!! -__-" God! Why are you making things difficult?!

QUOTE (Bold @ Nov 17 2005, 06:45 AM)BTW, i'm not a muslim. I'm simply really interested with history and history of the religions (and how they interact with one another). Yes I know, its a weird combination to have some one in science be interested by history. Wha can I say, i'm a weird person
cool.gif

I believe that's a cool thing~ -^^-
Not weird at all~ *Wink Wink*

QUOTE (Mune @ Nov 17 2005, 07:41 AM) That's --> "Peace be upon you -as well as- Allah's Mercy & blessings"
Be more "accurate" when you translate~
dry.gif

Whatever .. loooooooool
tongue.gif

Mune..
Try adding something yourself.

hmmm,

with the bombings and such, i think Islam is getting a bit ( a lot of actually) bad publicity.

So far, im still safe back at home, but i wonder for how long....Im a muslim, and i do not agree at all with the bombings that's been goin on .....

wish life is as simple as in the animes....

QUOTE (The Anime Lover @ Nov 17 2005, 07:48 AM) Mune..
Try adding something yourself.
What exactly do you want me to add?
dry.gif

All what you are doing is showing that being a Muslim is difficult~
While it is not like that at all~ In Islam you have many options to choose from~
You can choose the difficult tasks or you can choose the easy tasks~
It depend on how strong your "Certainty" is in Islam~

Calm down brother~
Make is easy!! People who are reading this aren't muslims~
Try to remember that before posting such thread~
sleep.gif

QUOTE (Mune @ Nov 17 2005, 07:57 AM) All what you are doing is showing that being a Muslim is difficult~
From where exactly did you get that?!

come down all ppl
biggrin.gif
peace plz ...no fighto~
every one have his/her own >>>>Religion<<<<
smile.gif

i didn't read every thing but plz don't get unger at anyone
yep about Islam I love my religion I can conclude Islam in one word >>>>>><peace<<<<<<
cool.gif

QUOTE (The Anime Lover @ Nov 17 2005, 08:18 AM) From where exactly did you get that?!
Well! Let's see~

QUOTE (The Anime Lover @ Nov 17 2005, 07:14 AM)One of the most interesting things about Islam that we have a prayer for everything (going in to the bathroom, sleeping, waking up, getting out somewhere, driving, etc.)
That's true!! But you won't be sinner if you don't do them~
It is up to the person to choose whether to use them or not~

QUOTE (The Anime Lover @ Nov 17 2005, 07:14 AM)The question is how can someone eat a thing that feeds on trash, sh** and stuff like that?!
There is no way I can eat a thing like that. Not over my dead body. I think the main cause of its diseases, is because that it feeds on such things.
Dear!! Most animals do that~ Chickens do that too~ They feed on trash!!
No wonders how they got that weird "Flu" they have now~
huh.gif

It is forbidden to eat pork’s meat~ and it is sin to eat it~
But if a Muslim eats pork’s meat, that doesn't mean he is no longer a Muslim~
That only means he will be punished in hell for that sin he made~

Islam tells you what's right & what's wrong~
What makes you a good Muslim & what makes you a bad Muslim~
It is up to you to choose what do you want to be~

WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT WE WANT!!~
THAT'S SOMETHING THAT ALLAH GAVE US!
OUR FREE WELL TO DO WHAT WE WANT~

Note: Sinner Muslims will be punished in Hell, but they won't stay there for eternity~ They will go back to heaven.
The only condition for you to go to heaven even if you are sinner~
Is that you truly believe that Allah exists & there is only ONE god His prophet is Mohammed -Peach be Upon Him-
As well as your desire to stop doing sins~
sleep.gif

Allah is the compassionate and the merciful so he forgives. No matter what you do -NO MATTER how many sins you make- he will surely forgive you when you ask for forgiveness with a pure heart!!

wow fighting over pork
laugh.gif

why cant everybody just except each others religion than there will be no fighting and peace. such a simple thing to do and some people in the world can not do this
dry.gif
QUOTE come down all ppl peace plz ...no fighto~
every one have his/her own >>>>Religion<<<<
i didn't read every thing but plz don't get unger at anyone
yep about Islam I love my religion I can conclude Islam in one word >>>>>><peace<<<<<<
c people be like tomo well not all things like tomo
laugh.gif

Heyas,

I follow a balanced diet - with plenty of vegetables, fruit (which has lots of fibre, vitamins etc), and various sorts of meat - beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, duck - and pork.

And I don't eat too much - I exercise quite a lot, especially cycling daily, which keeps me in trim.

It's just that I don't have any religious restrictions to tell me what I can or can't eat.

The whole thing about pork in ancient times is down to the fact that, unlike beef & lamb, pork can't be preserved by salting, smoking or other methods, because of certain bacterium present in the meat which causes it to go off quicker than other sorts of meat - even these days with freezers, pork goes off quicker than others.

But of course if it's cooked thoroughly, then the bacteria is killed off (as with beef lamb etc.).

It's simply because pigs are regarded as 'unclean', due to them kept in muddy conditions. But mud is the best way for them to keep cool. And after all, cows, sheep & goats aren't exactly kept in spotlessly sterile conditions in farms - but they're Halal, Kosher or whatever.

Horses are eaten in France, as are dogs & cats in some Far Eastern countries - but we in the UK would never think of doing so. It's purely down to cultural attitudes.

*Sigh* Eat whatever you wish dear~ It is none of my business~
I'm not going to talk about pork anymore~ I'll leave that poor animal alone~
laugh.gif

QUOTE (wwwwww @ Nov 17 2005, 03:01 PM)c people be like tomo well not all things like tomo
laugh.gif
Good call!!

QUOTE The Anime Lover Posted on Nov 17 2005, 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Mune @ Nov 17 2005, 07:57 AM)All what you are doing is showing that being a Muslim is difficult~
From where exactly did you get that?!
I agree with Mune. You make it sound as if muslim people dont have any choice in life and need to do everything the religion says (or actually religious leader, I never saw a religion speak
wink.gif
).
Anyway, dont forget that every religion is an interpretation of sacred/old texts. They sometimes need to be adapted to modern context, sometime they dont. The thing is, everyone must choose wich adaptation is the best for them and no one can (or should) say his interpretation is better than others.

I'm a catholic (technicly, at least). But I dont go around protestant and say they are idiots who are going to hell because they dont belive a priest can forgive their sin?

My point is these kind of thread can rapidly lead to open wars if some tries to impose his view OR to make others feel bad because they dont belive in the exact same things. So just be carefull on how you word what you say.

Otherwise people will get the wrong impression of the message you want to send.

Back
ph34r.gif

Dear Mune
dry.gif

QUOTE That's true!! But you won't be sinner if you don't do them~
That's totally right. I didn't say if you leave them that you're a sinner, and I said it only takes a few seconds, SHOWING that it's easy
dry.gif

QUOTE Dear!! Most animals do that~ Chickens do that too~ They feed on trash!!
No wonders how they got that weird "Flu" they have now~
huh.gif

Chickens don't eat SH**, do they?

QUOTE I agree with Mune. You make it sound as if muslim people dont have any choice in life and need to do everything the religion says
That's totally right. I didn't say if you leave them that you're a sinner, and I said it only takes a few seconds, SHOWING that it's easy.
Sorry if it sounded like Muslims have no choice. They have as many choices as you want.
But seriously did any one read the introduction that's in the first of this topic?
I assume not.
All that talk was about how Islam is easy, simple and that it is a message of peace.

QUOTE (The Anime Lover @ Nov 17 2005, 07:14 AM) The question is how can someone eat a thing that feeds on trash, shit and stuff like that?!

*kaito kid*
No thank you honey for supporting me ^^

Back to Islam..
One of the most interesting things about Islam that we have a prayer for everything (going in to the bathroom, sleeping, waking up, getting out somewhere, driving, etc.)
That way we can be linked to god all the time, and it takes only a few seconds.
Muslims have special greetings "alsalmo alaikom wa rahmatu Allah wa brakatoh". Only other Muslims should be greeted with this greet. It means "may peace be upon you, forgiveness and blessings".
Cows eat in the same pasture they do their business in...I don't see a difference there. But I can see the point in doing it for religious reasons.
smile.gif

QUOTE (The Anime Lover @ Nov 17 2005, 08:48 PM)Chickens don't eat SH**, do they?
No they dont. But pigs dont either.
That is just a myth. Pigs simply like to roll over in mud to keep cool (like someone, either chiba or misha, already pointed out) Pigs eat a mixture of grains/hay/etc.
Eat it or dont, but please, dont support your beliefs with some false scientific explanations. I dont think science has anything to do in religion anyway (nor does religion has anything to do in science). Otherwise we might have debates like they had at the end of the middle ages : "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin". (And yes, that was a real debate between scholars just before renaissance!!)

But, why are we back on the subject of pigs??? I hardly think the fact of eating or not an animal is a major part of any religion!! Eating humans
blink.gif
, that would be an important aspect, but eating pork, who cares!!

Now look at what you made me do. I'm now wondering what kind of person would go in a canibalist religion
dry.gif
. The pathways of the mind are so mysterious ...
If I bite myself during the night, you will be responsible!

QUOTE (Bold @ Nov 17 2005, 09:08 PM) If I bite myself during the night, you will be responsible!
*Imagination* …..*laughing* hehehhe~
biggrin.gif

I think that religion thread will be problem don’t u think?
Every one have his own beliefs and they don’t really won’t to hear others saying that he or she beliefs is wrong. Hmmm I know what are u trying to poll here the anime lover but don’t u think that u are making fatal mistake? Making Islam as difficult religion which is NOT true.
dry.gif

QUOTE I think that religion thread will be problem don’t u think?
ya me too
smile.gif
u know what i will be the judge on whos belief is right.
your all right no need to fight just respect each others religion, so simple
smile.gif
does it really matter on who is right and who is wrong i have always thought of this world as a free world and that u can believe what ever you wanna believe.
isnt everyone here sensible people to know that it doesnt matter.
[maybe except for tomo
tongue.gif
no just kidding plz dont get the stick].

QUOTE (tomo @ Nov 18 2005, 12:35 AM) they don’t really won’t to hear others saying that he or she beliefs is wrong.
A simple question, Where is that in any of my replays?

QUOTE Making Islam as difficult religion which is NOT true.
dry.gif

Again I say.. Where is that?? Would someone help me !!
But I said before..

QUOTE Sorry if it sounded like Muslims have no choice. They have as many choices as you want.
But seriously did any one read the introduction that's in the first of this topic?
I assume not.
All that talk was about how Islam is easy, simple and that it is a message of peace.

QUOTE (wwwwww @ Nov 18 2005, 12:44 AM) isnt everyone here sensible people to know that it doesnt matter.
[maybe except for tomo
tongue.gif
no just kidding plz dont get the stick].
hehehe~don't make me ungry w6 I can come to ur house at night and slay u
tongue.gif

so yep every one should respect each others religion
cool.gif
but I think there is no harm to aski few Q about Islam or other religion
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back