Islam

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Ok..so then you're tellnig a MUSLIM..who RELIGIOUSLY KNOWS AND UDERSTANDS what a Jihad is..that hes wrong..
Even Islamic scholars havent claimed that its time for a Jihad yet! All the terrorists are claiming that this is a Jihad and they are doing this for the greater good..but look! Theyre all crazy! If they werent..THEY WOULDNT Be TERRORISTS KILLING PEOPLE!
The real Islamic Jihad has not arrived yet! Read the hadiths! But you probably wont even understand then..
I know my religion pretty well... Got it?..

I'm just saying you're not the one allowed to say who's a muslim and who's not.
Those terrorists, they believe Allah, they believe in the Koran. If they not muslim, what are they ? Buddhists ?

Of course, it doesn't mean at all there's a link between you and them (I'm French, but I'm not French the same way you extrem-right wing politicians are. Just like I have muslim friends, but they're not muslim in the same way than Al-Qaeda). Thanks Darwin, I'm smart enough to make the distinction.

QUOTE Well when my religion is talked about by people who have no idea what they are saying..its more offending to me.. It will always be more offending towards me..Its like me debating about your religion when I know nothing about it and am saying whatever I want based on what I have heard or think I know..

Please, correct our mistakes then, it's also the purpose of the thoughtful section, isn't it ?
Of course, correcting us something with something more than "I know the true nature of Islam, you don't" will be better.

One point I'd like to add : Islam is not a mystery (in the religious meaning), with an hidden meaning and all that stuff.
What is Islam is what muslims do about it, not the other way.

why is jihad seems to be interpreted only in terms of physical war?
huh.gif

i thought it is more that such mere definition. it could as well be jihad against immorality such as jihad against corruption, against our own evil thoughts/intentions.

so, in saying that there is no more jihad, wouldn't it sound weird? We should always be in jihad against our own weaknesses so that we could improve, so that each day would be better then the day before.
smile.gif

and i really do think everyone should have an open mind in discussion. A discussion is a place where we try to understand, maybe find answers, not a place to argue. Do not bash others if they do not know. I have things that i don't know but i don't like people refusing to discuss it with me if i didn't know. Then how am i gonna know about it?

Even when an islam is to defend oneself in say argument, shouldn't muslims reply in moderation. I still remember one show 6/7 months ago in Scotland. It's about a muslim reporter from the US who went to countries where islamic law is prevalent, in order to understand how it works. And in that show, i really disagree with how the Imam handles the whole thing, he kept shouting at the reporter, blaming her for not understanding and stuff. Well, true enough that maybe the Imam knows more about islam than the reporter, but that knowledge does not entitle him to belittle others who do not know. Can't he just answers question nicefully rather than shouting? That's probably something to think and reflect about.

QUOTE (warwern @ Sep 08 2008, 03:34 AM) why is jihad seems to be interpreted only in terms of physical war?
huh.gif

i thought it is more that such mere definition. it could as well be jihad against immorality such as jihad against corruption, against our own evil thoughts/intentions.

so, in saying that there is no more jihad, wouldn't it sound weird? We should always be in jihad against our own weaknesses so that we could improve, so that each day would be better then the day before.
smile.gif

and i really do think everyone should have an open mind in discussion. A discussion is a place where we try to understand, maybe find answers, not a place to argue. Do not bash others if they do not know. I have things that i don't know but i don't like people refusing to discuss it with me if i didn't know. Then how am i gonna know about it?

Even when an islam is to defend oneself in say argument, shouldn't muslims reply in moderation. I still remember one show 6/7 months ago in Scotland. It's about a muslim reporter from the US who went to countries where islamic law is prevalent, in order to understand how it works. And in that show, i really disagree with how the Imam handles the whole thing, he kept shouting at the reporter, blaming her for not understanding and stuff. Well, true enough that maybe the Imam knows more about islam than the reporter, but that knowledge does not entitle him to belittle others who do not know. Can't he just answers question nicefully rather than shouting? That's probably something to think and reflect about.

let me give some explain

actually jihad is not term use for war

jihad actually what we can say(give everything we have when we are doing are something)

or rather spirit for doing something

some example for something you can also called doing jihad

"your family is very poor and you are working very hard to get you family in better state"

that is can be called jihad

pretty much to hide myself about being anime/manga addicted(otaku)

but me actually one of scholar in islamic(still learing)

QUOTE why is jihad seems to be interpreted only in terms of physical war?

Most of the times the term jihad is mentioned in the Qur'an, it is referring to war, and not the "inner struggle" type.

QUOTE (hadji_129 @ Sep 08 2008, 07:47 AM)
Most of the times the term jihad is mentioned in the Qur'an, it is referring to war, and not the "inner struggle" type.
go read back Quran if you have time to write something like that

your word only can create big misunderstanding for other people

also think longer before write anything

go read back Quran if you have time to write something like that

Jihad verses where the word jihad is used:

9:24/25:52/60:1/2:218/3:142/4:95/5:35/8:74/9:20/22:78

Now, it is your turn to find verses where jihad is used but doesn't relate to war. You will not find as many, I assure you.

want pick fight with me??

lucky me is not in my education place

so dont have my proof to show here

antways their have no content to say anyword taht much say is the only one have to use for...

beside......as for islamic you should know

that word in Quran not all to be use the same with it write

need to be conclude and think the full meaning of it

plus some hadith can be use to put aside Quran word....

i dont really remember so i wouldnt write here
mad.gif

The last comment did not actually add anything to the discussion. In the worst case scenario it could be considered spam. Let's try and keep the section thoughtful!
wink.gif
That means supporting your idea with facts. Which brings me to my next point any opinion is free game and can be challenged by anyone! It wouldn't be a debate if everyone agreed!

That aside Hadji is not saying jihad only refers to a holy war. They are also aware it can refer to the inner-struggle type. The main point they are trying to make is the Quran places a bigger emphasis on the war definition (it is in more verses). That's not to say the inner struggle type is never mentioned (it is) it simply appears in less verses. This means people (Muslims included) tend to associate the term jihad with holy war. To say otherwise would not be telling the entire truth.

Hi! I'm zabuzasama26 ^^ a new person here ^^

Wow! i never thought i would find a discussion about in Islam in an Anime based website, well since i am a Muslim, i might as well try to clear some misconceptions some of you have, but im gonna say this from the start : No hard feelings okay ^^

Ok the first thing you people are very concerned with as i see is Jihad. I will try to explain what jihad is to you so, i hope you'll understand ^^

Jihad does not only mean fighting as in using physical strength, for ex. there is Jihad against your own wishes (bad ones) like for example, i know music is haraam (prohibited) in Islam, but i might be very tempted to listen to some while watching anime, the fight against this temptation is called Jihad.

Now i know you people are most concerned with Jihad as in fighting using physical strength, i just wanted to clarify to you that Jihad has many types to it ^^"".

Now there is a very big misconception about Jihad being a "Holy War", it ain't. Jihad is fighting in Allah's name in very specific scenarios, but it is strictly not like the crusader thingy.

Jihad was originally permitted at the time of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him), and this is how it goes: The muslims were ofcourse a minority at that time, and were being abused by the Makkans (Quraish) because they converted to Islam. Every time the muslims wanted to fight back , the Prophet (PBUH) would tell them to wait, untill Allah (swt) permitted them to fight when they migrated to Madinah. This is stated in the Qur'an in Surah AlHajj ... but im not sure which ayah.

Now after the migrated they had a few fights with the Makkans and the Jews and whoever opposed Islam. By saying this I mean that there were actually people who were not Muslim, but aided the Muslims, and the Muslims have taken them as friends. This backs up the idea that Jihad is not on anyone, anywhere and for whatever reason. ( One of such people is the Christian King in Africa AL-Najashi )

The concept of Jihad now:
Islam permits Jihad against those who oppose Islam violently, that is to say, it doesn't matter if they don't like it, but people who make fun and seriously "dis" Allah (swt) and Mohammad (PBUH) are supposed to be fought, because this is our religion and we must fight for it.
Alot of people say that the Muslims distributed Islam among the other nations by force aka "jihad". That is totally wrong, because alot of Chinese people and whoever is in that area became Muslim because of the good manners portrayed by the Muslims then when they went to trade with them.

Now in some parts of the world that is to say , Palestine and Iraq , there are supposed to make Jihad, but even when Muslims are supposed to go for Jihad, there are alot of fighting manners they have to obey, and these are listed in the Qur'an and Hadith as such: They don't fight from the opposing team except the men that fight them, They do not injure women, children, old people, They do not kill the animals, They do not break down the houses, They do not burn down the house, they do not burn down trees, or cut them. I mean, is there any nation that tells that to there soldiers before going to war ??

And about those so called terrorists, they're either (as someone said) Psychos , or they are trying to make Islam look bad, or they got it all wrong in there head, 'cause none of what they say is the correct islamic teachings.

Ok next Topic ^^ (most of you would this one is insignificant but i will prove otherwise ^^) :

I'm sorry i forget the names, but two of you were debating o how to write the word Qur'an. is it "Qur'an" "Quran" or "koran" ??

Well i say it's definitely the first two ways i just listed, "Qur'an" and "Quran" but it's definitely not "koran" and i will use the Arabic alphabet and al little bit of grammar in my explanation ( yes im an arab )
It is not written as "koran" because the letter K is not the same as the letter Q in the arabic language, where Q is closer to the arabic letter ( ٍٍق ) that is why we use the letter Q.

The other reason why it is not spelled "koran" is because the letter O is not equivilant to the letter U in the arabic language as well. The letter ( و ) in arabic is similar to the letter O in english, but the word Quran in arabic is spelled ( ٍقرآن )ٍ and as you can see the ( و ) is not included. The thing that makes a sound equivelant to a U sound ( in the case of Quran ) is a little small something we put over the letters in arabic to make them have the arabic vowel sounds with there original sound ( yes this is the grammar ^^"" ) There three of them, but i will be only addressing the one we need ( since my keyboard isn't helping ), the one we need is ( ُُ )..... i hope you can see that ^^""
this small thing gives a letter a "movement" along with the letters original sound. This produces the "ur" in Qu'ran, which means that its not the "or" in koran. Think of this as the Anime Naruto. you dont write Naruto as Naroto, becuse it's different in japanese right? the same thing is with the word Qur'an, so i hope you will respect that and spell it the right way ^^

I know i talked alot, I apologize about that ^^""
now anything more you want to know feel free to ask and i will try to answer with the best of my ability, after all, im only 15 ^^""

See ya 'round, and as i said, No hard feelings k? ^^

QUOTE (zabuzasama26 @ Sep 10 2008, 11:28 AM)

Ok the first thing you people are very concerned with as i see is Jihad. I will try to explain what jihad is to you so, i hope you'll understand ^^

It's the current hot topic of the thread.
If you read the older posts, you'll see other subjets have been touched.
wink.gif

Now there is a very big misconception about Jihad being a "Holy War", it ain't. Jihad is fighting in Allah's name in very specific scenarios, but it is strictly not like the crusader thingy.

The crusades was also justified by theology or politics (the first crusade being called because the muslims threatened Constantinople, the third one being called because Saladin invaded Jerusalem, the most holy town of Christianity).

I'm not defending the crusades, I'm just saying that the muslims are not 'better' on this level.

And about those so called terrorists, they're either (as someone said) Psychos , or they are trying to make Islam look bad, or they got it all wrong in there head, 'cause none of what they say is the correct islamic teachings.

Or more accurately, your interpretation is islam and theirs are radically different (Do not take this as an attack against Islam. I just think that Islam is what the muslims do of it -just like christianity is what the christians do-, therefore there's no 'correct' islamic belief).

Well i say it's definitely the first two ways i just listed, "Qur'an" and "Quran" but it's definitely not "koran" and i will use the Arabic alphabet and al little bit of grammar in my explanation ( yes im an arab )

Which standard of transliteration are you using ? SATTS, Qalam, Buckwalter, ArabTex ?
Don't you think that a transcription would be easier to read ?

To sum up : there's not one way of doing it. And it has nothing to do with Arabic and everything to do with English (Since, you know, it's to be used in English texts).
It' like asking if the Japanese word です should be transcripted as desu or dess. No straight answers.

@mastermaniac77 : You're in thoughtful section. It means you don't call people idiot and you use some arguments instead of saying "ololol ! you're soooo wrong !".
And if the text is too long, you don't have to answer it (although I'd like people to shorten their texts as much as possible, it's much more readable and the ideas appear more clearly).

heiu zabuzasama26

are u an big idiot????

where polace they say music is harem??

i think you kind thinking about jihad also have a bit problem....

you text its too long...(me is somekind lazy to read much text)

QUOTE (mastermaniac77 @ Sep 10 2008, 05:43 PM)heiu zabuzasama26

are u an big idiot????

where polace they say music is harem??

i think you kind thinking about jihad also have a bit problem....

you text its too long...(me is somekind lazy to read much text)
whoa, whoa, mastermaniac, that's not cool. This is FTV, so there's no flaming/insulting, and this is the thoughtful section, so you've got to argue about the subject, supporting your claims. I know that with a lot of topics here, it can be easy to get angry, but we've got to keep things respectful on these threads.

That being said, I guess I may as well add my 2 cents to this topic, though I've been avoiding it since I'm really not a big fan of arguing the particulars of any single religion. I suppose Islam has been pushed into the world's spotlight, but it's still a religion like any other. I, being the god-fearing atheist that I am, don't see this perceived issue with the Islamic world as a problem native to Islam. Sure, you've got Jihad extremists who have somehow gotten it into their head that if they kill themselves and take some "infidels" along with them, they'll get exclusive rights to 72 virgins for all of eternity, but that is NOT because of the teachings of Islam. As has been mentioned, you'll always get people taking a certain group of religious doctrine, somehow twisting them into something, to be blunt, downright despicable (for one example; the modern Ku Klux Klan somehow uses the Bible to justify their racism, bigotry, and hate speech). If you've got a group of people who feel the desire/need to become radically violent, they'll justify their ideas with whatever they can manage. It is NOT as exclusive issue with Islam. I may be so bold as to call it a problem with conventional religion in general.

Peace, love, tolerance, honesty, and understanding are the ways to go, regardless of your belief system. (although I find many people would cut tolerance and understanding from that list, at least people I know personally)

One thing I definitely do not like seeing is people pointing fingers at Islam, blaming that particular faith for being the root of the problem, claiming that if they obeyed the "correct" religion, there would not be a problem. That is, to be blunt, an absurd bigotry.

hmm...i wont much angry if teh one say is not from own religion people

but as for saying about your own religion

have bit coution on what to write

QUOTE (zabuzasama26 @ Sep 10 2008, 06:28 PM)Hi! I'm zabuzasama26 ^^ a new person here ^^
Hello and welcome to the thoughtful section!
smile.gif
Glad to see a new person joining in the discussion!

QUOTE (zabuzasama26)Wow! i never thought i would find a discussion about in Islam in an Anime based website, well since i am a Muslim, i might as well try to clear some misconceptions some of you have, but im gonna say this from the start : No hard feelings okay ^^
This is not true. I can't think of any Islamic country that prohibits music and quite a few of them follow pretty strict rules.

QUOTE (zabuzasama26)Now in some parts of the world that is to say , Palestine and Iraq , there are supposed to make Jihad, but even when Muslims are supposed to go for Jihad, there are alot of fighting manners they have to obey, and these are listed in the Qur'an and Hadith as such: They don't fight from the opposing team except the men that fight them, They do not injure women, children, old people, They do not kill the animals, They do not break down the houses, They do not burn down the house, they do not burn down trees, or cut them. I mean, is there any nation that tells that to there soldiers before going to war ??
It's one of the reasons why the Geneva convention exists. Many of the laws written in this document are regarding the treatment of war prisoners and civilians. So other countries give their soldiers clear instructions in how to treat prisoners and civilians during war times. These conventions often overlap with the human rights bill so no country can do what they please. Admittedly countries can go against these laws and conventions but the same applies to the Islamic codes.

QUOTE (Dalriada @ Sep 10 2008, 07:54 PM)Or more accurately, your interpretation is islam and theirs are radically different (Do not take this as an attack against Islam. I just think that Islam is what the muslims do of it -just like christianity is what the christians do-, therefore there's no 'correct' islamic belief).
Although the texts are open to interpretation which can lead to a range of different believes it is not right to say all forms of Islam are right. Take the Nation of Islam as an example. Most Muslims would not consider this a form of Islam as it does not follow the teachings closely enough. If the vast majority of Muslims disagree with a form of Islam it must carry some weight.

QUOTE (monsta666 @ Sep 11 2008, 09:47 AM) Although the texts are open to interpretation which can lead to a range of different believes it is not right to say all forms of Islam are right. Take the Nation of Islam as an example. Most Muslims would not consider this a form of Islam as it does not follow the teachings closely enough. If the vast majority of Muslims disagree with a form of Islam it must carry some weight.
It's a gray zone.
It's like asking if Jehovah's Witnesses, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or even the Roman Catholic Church are really Christians. All of them claim to be Christian, and all of them are denied the title of Christians by some other Christians.

So, how do separate the wheat from the chaff ? By saying that our own idea of Islam/Christianity is the good one, so those who are close from this idea are just bad muslims and those who are far away are not muslims at all ?
It's a bit self-centered, and moreover everybody will do that. Therefore an plethora of definitions, which is as good as no definition at all.

I see alot of you are telling me music is not prohibited, okay yeah maybe they don't prohibit it in the country itself, but music is haraam.
it's just like you people saying " if the country does not prohibit lying, then lying is permitted "
There are alot of Evidences in the Qu'ran and the Hadeeth, but it's very hard for me to translate them in the right way, and i dont want to get myself into trouble. I will try to find the texts in English, but until then i will say this:
Just as it's an inevitable fact that lying is prohibited in Islam, it IS an inevitable fact that music is haraam as well. Everybody knows that, and i know my religion very well, i live around scholars and i research and i take it as a subject in school and i am from the area where islam was born. If any of you come one day to an arabic country strictly speaking Dubai ( united arab emirates ) and Saudi Arabia, and you ask a person on the street " is music haraam? " they'll say "yes" but that doesn't mean that everybody obeys the rule. Alot of people deny that music is haraam, because they like to listen to it, but im telling you here everybody knows that music is haraam just like they know they're ABC's.
While im typing this i found the texts in arabic, all i have to do now is search for the same texts in English and i will post them as soon as i find them.

QUOTE hmm...i wont much angry if teh one say is not from own religion people but as for saying about your own religion have bit coution on what to write

Believe me, i know how bad saying something about your own religion when you dont know is, but i do ( alhamdullilah ) and unlike in other places around the world where learning about your religion is optional, here learning about your religion is inevitable.

QUOTE (Dalriada @ Sep 11 2008, 05:52 PM) So, how do separate the wheat from the chaff ? By saying that our own idea of Islam/Christianity is the good one, so those who are close from this idea are just bad muslims and those who are far away are not muslims at all ?
It's a bit self-centered, and moreover everybody will do that. Therefore an plethora of definitions, which is as good as no definition at all.
If a few Muslims say an branch of Islam isn't true then the claim doesn't hold much weight. If a branch of Islam (like the Nation of Islam) receives widespread criticism from millions of Muslims then you need to reconsider. It's a tricky area I give you that... By doing this you give a fairer reflection of what the religion is truly about. All religions do not want to be associated with extremist views and if the majority of people practising the religion condemn it then it's not really part of the religion.

QUOTE (zabuzasama26 @ Sep 11 2008, 06:16 PM)If any of you come one day to an arabic country strictly speaking Dubai ( united arab emirates ) and Saudi Arabia, and you ask a person on the street " is music haraam? " they'll say "yes" but that doesn't mean that everybody obeys the rule. Alot of people deny that music is haraam, because they like to listen to it, but im telling you here everybody knows that music is haraam just like they know they're ABC's.
I've been to a number of Islamic countries (Egypt, Sudan, Saudi Arabia) and I've never heard anyone saying this. Music is everywhere from the news/TV and even weddings. I'm not evening talking about Western music either... So I find hard to imagine it is haram. At the very least it deemed more acceptable than lying. Lying after I saying swear to god is a big sin on those countries. There is no equivalent in music...

QUOTE I've been to a number of Islamic countries (Egypt, Sudan, Saudi Arabia) and I've never heard anyone saying this. Music is everywhere from the news/TV and even weddings. I'm not evening talking about Western music either... So I find hard to imagine it is haram. At the very least it deemed more acceptable than lying. Lying after I saying swear to god is a big sin on those countries. There is no equivalent in music...

yeah i know. see, because alot of people like music, they don't like to admit it's haraam. For example, when a little kid hits another kid, and then the adults get mad with him and say " you hit so and so " the immediate response would be either " no i didn't " or " by mistake " or they'll look very guilty. The same is with music, people have taken music very lightly because it's considered a world art and because everybody listens to it. You might tell them music is haraam, they'll say " we know " and either they have a guilty conscience or they don't take at as a big deal. But I know because right after i started learning how to walk and talk i learned that music is haraam ^^

anyways.....i want explaination for the one say about music is harem in islam!!!!!

i can say it because...Our Prophet also love to listening to music..

he even build a place for his freind to sing a song for him

i just want to tell
the statement zabuzasama bring out is wrong

in islam......

they are no restriction about doing anything that poeple want to do....

but it have some limit that must been followed....

QUOTE (mastermaniac77 @ Sep 11 2008, 03:50 PM)anyways.....i want explaination for the one say about music is harem in islam!!!!!

i can say it because...Our Prophet also love to listening to music..

he even build a place for his freind to sing a song for him

i just want to tell
the statement zabuzasama bring out is wrong

in islam......

they are no restriction about doing anything that poeple want to do....

but it have some limit that must been followed....

For starters..you have been bashing a whole bunch of people! I agree with Zabuzasama26! Second..ARE YOU EVEN MUSLIM?! Cause you dont act like it!
The music that we have today..is haraam. Yes the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) listened to music..but in Islam there are rules concerning what instruments can and can not be played. There is one..i forget what it is exactly..but its almost liek a drum if I am sure..
Rap and hip hop and rock...haraam! Im not sayin I dont listen to it..I admit I do..but I and other muslims shouldnt.. In Islam.. music is haraam because it is considered the jin and shaitan's (sp?) way of preventing us from maintaining or duties as a muslim..
And in islam..no restrictions? People can do what they want? Dude..what religion are so so called "studying"...

QUOTE (Dalriada)
Or more accurately, your interpretation is islam and theirs are radically different (Do not take this as an attack against Islam. I just think that Islam is what the muslims do of it -just like christianity is what the christians do-, therefore there's no 'correct' islamic belief).

Actually..THERE IS a correct and incorrect islamic belief.. There is a very fine line between what is and isnt Islamic. I told you how I dont like a bunch of people who dont know what they are talking about..sit here and talk about my religion..your response to me was, "Well then correct me and the others if we are wrong and blah blah blah.." Well I am correcting you.. There is a VERY FINE LINE between what is and isnt Islamic belief. So no..they are not interpreting it differently.. they are psychos!

QUOTE (Dalriada)QUOTE

Which standard of transliteration are you using ? SATTS, Qalam, Buckwalter, ArabTex ?
Don't you think that a transcription would be easier to read ?

To sum up : there's not one way of doing it. And it has nothing to do with Arabic and everything to do with English (Since, you know, it's to be used in English texts).
It' like asking if the Japanese word です should be transcripted as desu or dess. No straight answers.

Ok..once more..as I and zabusasama26 have said.. its either "Quran" or "Qur'an".. there isnt another way to spell it..
DEBATE DROPPED

QUOTE (monsta666)If a few Muslims say an branch of Islam isn't true then the claim doesn't hold much weight. If a branch of Islam (like the Nation of Islam) receives widespread criticism from millions of Muslims then you need to reconsider. It's a tricky area I give you that... By doing this you give a fairer reflection of what the religion is truly about. All religions do not want to be associated with extremist views and if the majority of people practising the religion condemn it then it's not really part of the religion.

I got lost.. @.@
But for clarification..the NOI (nation of islam) isnt a sect of islam.. Never can be because of what past leaders have preached and done.. Why do you think Malcom X left the NOI to join mainstream islam..because he realized the NOI and their teachings were incorrect..

QUOTE (mastermaniac77)where polace they say music is harem??

Ok, music and harems have little connection..what are you trying to say?
harem according to dictionary. com is:
1. the part of a Muslim palace or house reserved for the residence of women.
2. the women in a Muslim household, including the mother, sisters, wives, concubines, daughters, entertainers, and servants.

--------------------
Ok then. For clarification... there are only 2 "sects" of islam..
Shiites (sp?)
Sunnis

All the other "sects" you hear about..arent really part of islam..
Also.. people need to learn to stop distinguishing between shiites and sunnis.. My mother is a sunni..and my father a shiite.. Odd combo.. But I have learned that digging down deep..there is no difference between the sects. The sects started because of different opinions in who shouldve been the next calipha (sp?). As muslims.. we should learn not to distinguish between the 2.. We follow the same beliefs and teaching (for the most part).. there may be a few differences..but it doesnt matter! We are muslim!

Which brings me to the Jihad.. As someone said..the Jihads were fought during the time of the Prophet (PBUH).. Its said that another Jihad can not be declared until muslims learn to stand up for and with each other. Distinguishing between shiites and sunnis (as ive heard many shiites/sunnies say how much they hate sunnis/shiites and say they arent muslim) keeps us united. Because..hello! Saying how much you hate sunnis/shiites and saying they arent muslim..is haraam! Its like sticking a knife in another muslims back! All the Islamic nations are divided..they have not yet banded together as one religion. Which is why a Jihad can not Islamically be claimed.
And yes..zabuzasama26 is right about the diff types of Jihad.. staying away from temptation..or making it through a tough life without giving in..are all forms of a Muslims personal struggle or Jihad..

And again.. ZABUZASAMA26! YOU ARE CORRECT! I PRETTY MUCH AGREE WITH THE THINGS YOU ARE SAYING! I couldnt read all of your post..but I read alot of it..or most of it..
Also..My fathers Arab! So I am too! And persian..and turkish..and pakistani..and indian (as in India not native american) and african! woot! Lol

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back