Islam

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE But not those of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades

Actually, suicide bombings are also prohibited under Islamic law. Many prestigious scholars have also stated that it is prohibited for Palestinians to attack Israel at this point in time as well, since every attack they execute ends up with Israel returning 10x the damage.

QUOTE (perimiter @ Sep 03 2008, 04:21 AM)well if this is a place for answers then answer me this why do some arabas join the jihad(also no idia what that means) and kill a lot of ppl??
and is that actually written in the koran to do so??
The reason for this so called jihad (I say this as it is not universal accepted by Muslims) are various. So it's difficult to answer completely but a lot of it is do with politics and general oppression in the said country. The Koran does not specifically say attack country x or whatever, it's all down to the way people interpret certain texts in the Koran. This is sort of thing is not limited to Islam and people have done similar with the Bible... Or Harry Potter for that matter!
laugh.gif
If you read too much into things you'll start seeing things that are simply not there.

Saying that a lot of the Arab countries are in bad terms with America. As America see themselves as the centre of the western world the terrorists then perceive the western world as the enemy. A lot of this is to do with Israel and also America's general attitude to these Arab countries (a lot of them are in the axis of evil etc). As you can see though this is more a war of politics than religion. So nothing is cut and dry... Finally another thing that should be remembered is the media are sometimes biased. You sell more papers if you talk about a suicide bomber than a Muslim who wants to stop this war of terror.

QUOTE (Dalriada @ Sep 03 2008, 03:10 AM)If I remember correctly, the Jihad is also the personnal struggle against your own bad sides. Here, it's called the greater Jihad, while the fight against the enemies of Islam is called the lesser Jihad.
The exact working may differ in English.yeah well, the term Jihad itself is general. not only struggle against own bad sides (aka inner jihad or something XD), even struggle in learning in school can be considered 'Jihad towards knowledge' since we learn knowledge to improve ourselves and to use it for goods. i think the best words that suits in might be 'struggle / effort for goodness' or something. the term jihad should be use for task that done for goodies, not bad things / objectives.

but usually people (mindset) would simply think that jihad is used in holy war. whenever talk about jihad, they think of the holy war thing. same whenever talk about mobile suit, they only think about gundam XD (just an example), actually there also flags, zakus and what-so-ever...
tongue.gif

QUOTE (hadji_129 @ Sep 03 2008, 02:44 AM)That's the most cheerful and enthusiastic post I've seen in a whilethats just my style
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (REYOMA @ Sep 03 2008, 04:25 AM)Wish all Muslims a blessed month of Ramadan Enjoy the fast guys
QUOTE (sawamura_mad_dog @ Sep 03 2008, 03:18 AM)i like to wish all muslims a happy Ramadhan. Happy fasting as well.same here!
smile.gif

QUOTE (REYOMA @ Sep 03 2008, 06:25 AM)The way the world is now, with all this violence and crap .... i think Islamic law should be implemented in every country around the law !!!

same!
tongue.gif

There would peace everywhere!

And happy Ramadan every1...Ramadan Kareem

enjoy Ramadan, it's the best month of the year. and then EID so yay
biggrin.gif

QUOTE The way the world is now, with all this violence and crap .... i think Islamic law should be implemented in every country around the law !!!

Could you explain the logic behind this statement a bit further ? Because it doesn't make sense at all.

QUOTE (Dalriada @ Sep 06 2008, 08:26 AM)
Could you explain the logic gehing this statement a bit further ? Because it doesn't make sense at all.
Yes, please do explain.

I've noticed this topic is getting "less thoughtful" from the last few posts. Reminder that if you're going to state anything in this section of the forums, you better have a supportive argument or evidence to back up your claims. Any post with one or two lines will be be deleted and a note will simply be left or just deleted without further notice.

The last 4 posts (above this one) have been rather bland and vague, particularly REYOMA's and Noonz's posts.

yeah, i'd just like to point out, though i am a muslim, that when it comes to religion and politics, more bad things come from it than good. personally i don't like a gov. that's too oriented around religion.

btw, ramadan kareem everybody- can't wait for eid!!!

QUOTE (hadji_129 @ Sep 03 2008, 06:24 AM)QUOTE But not those of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades

Actually, suicide bombings are also prohibited under Islamic law. Many prestigious scholars have also stated that it is prohibited for Palestinians to attack Israel at this point in time as well, since every attack they execute ends up with Israel returning 10x the damage.

Oh how you are SO wrong. I am a muslim. And I have to say I am proud. No where in the Quran does it say suicide bombing are allowed. HELLO! Suicide is against islam! No matter what the reason! SUICIDE IS NOT ALLOWED! Islam is agaisnt war 100%! All the so called muslims who have declared Jihad..arent muslim! They are corrupt people who think they are delivering gods vengeance! But theyre all psychos! And its really annoying me that a bunch of people are here talking about a religion they know NOTHING about! Just because you read something here or heard something there doesnt mean you know and understand Islam! "Oh ive read the entire interpretation of the quran.." Well guess what! YOURE NOT GONNA UNDERSTAND ANY OF IT UNLESS YOU ARE A MUSLIM AND BELIEVE AND FOLLOW ALL ISLAMIC TEACHINGS! I dont care what you think, because being a muslim heres what I know:
ISLAM IS A PEACEFUL RELIGION! IT HAS CORRUPTED FOLLOWERS BUT WHAT RELIGION DOESNT! ALL OF YOU NEED TO STOP DISCUSSING ISLAM LIKE YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT IT! CAUSE I DONT CARE WHAT YOUVE READ. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND! AND YOU WONT UNDERSTAND!

If i am breaking any rules in the thoughtful section (which I probably did) then Im sorry. But I would like this thread to be locked. I dont think religion should be discussed anymore.. cause its just gonna bother me and others like me..

Btw.. ty everyone for wishing us muslims a happy Ramadan! And Ramadan Muubarak to you all!

One more thing..heres how you spell the "koran":

Quran or Qur'an

They can be written either way but not "koran"...
Thank You.

One more thing.. there a FIVE PILLARS or foundations of islam that every muslim should know and follow.. not six.. get it right people..
dry.gif

QUOTE (encron88 @ Sep 07 2008, 10:56 AM)yeah, i'd just like to point out, though i am a muslim, that when it comes to religion and politics, more bad things come from it than good. personally i don't like a gov. that's too oriented around religion.
The problem is not limited to Islam but many other religions as well. Religion and politics should never mix as it will eventually lead to a conflict of interest. What is good for religion may not be good for society particularly the minority population who do not follow that religion. Similar problems occur when politics mixes with the army (military coup) and businesses (the interests of a business may not be the same as society).

QUOTE (koiji @ Sep 07 2008, 05:51 PM)SUICIDE IS NOT ALLOWED! Islam is agaisnt war 100%! All the so called muslims who have declared Jihad..arent muslim! They are corrupt people who think they are delivering gods vengeance! But theyre all psychos! And its really annoying me that a bunch of people are here talking about a religion they know NOTHING about!
I would agree suicide is not allowed in Islam (although some forms of euthanasia maybe deemed acceptable). I disagree with the fact that Islam is against war as Islam allows self-defence. That means if a Muslims feel threatened they can defend themselves. Now what constitutes as self-defence and active aggression is another matter entirely.

You do raise a good point however. A lot of people use Islam as front to further their own ambitions. So people should always treat any news with a degree of caution and not take everything at face value. Then again this problem has occurred for hundreds of years and is nothing new.

QUOTE (koiji)But I would like this thread to be locked. I dont think religion should be discussed anymore.. cause its just gonna bother me and others like me..
I'm a big fan of free of speech and believe nothing is beyond a debate.
smile.gif
As long as people are civil AND thoughtful it should be okay. By locking "sensitive" topics you set a dangerous precedent (where do you stop?).

Which brings me to my next point. Let's keep the posts in the thoughtful section thoughtful! That means supporting your comments with facts. Also keep the tone civil. If someone makes an incorrect statement no need to shout at their faces or call them names. Keep it civil!
wink.gif

QUOTE (monsta666)I would agree suicide is not allowed in Islam (although some forms of euthanasia maybe deemed acceptable).

Im not sure about the euthanasia..Im not disagreeing with you or anything..I just dont know.. I mean..if pulling the plug on someone whos in a comatose like state with very little chance of recovery considered as euthenasia.. Then it could be allowed because its better that the person is let go rather than be stuck between life and death..but then it comes down to ethics of course and how an individual feels..

QUOTE (monsta666)I disagree with the fact that Islam is against war as Islam allows self-defence. That means if a Muslims feel threatened they can defend themselves. Now what constitutes as self-defence and active aggression is another matter entirely.

Your last sentence..kinda..well..lemme explain.. I mean in a sense you're right..
Aggression and Anger should not be ACTIVELY expressed towards anyone or anything..
Violence..REALLY isnt allowed..I mean if your being mugged or attacked ok..save yourself..dont be stupid..then that kind of self-defense is allowed cause that cant really be based off religion..
In order..to..more deeply express what Im tying to say.. I need you to elaborate on "self-defense" and what you say a muslims "self-defense" is.. If its anything like what I just said..than youd agree with me..if not..explain..
smile.gif

QUOTE (koiji)Oh how you are SO wrong. I am a muslim. And I have to say I am proud. No where in the Quran does it say suicide bombing are allowed. HELLO! Suicide is against islam! No matter what the reason! SUICIDE IS NOT ALLOWED!

Err... I said that suicide bombings are prohibited. I never said they were permissible. =p

QUOTE (koiji)Islam is agaisnt war 100%! All the so called muslims who have declared Jihad..arent muslim!

Not true. Abu Bakr declared jihad on those that wouldn't pay charity in the twelfth year after the migration to Madina. I'm not against his actions. I'm just stating that Islam does support war under certain circumstances.

QUOTE (monsta666)I would agree suicide is not allowed in Islam (although some forms of euthanasia maybe deemed acceptable).

Can you back the claim that euthanasia is permissible in some forms with a quote from a scholar or with some Islamic texts? My understanding is that it has never been permissible.

QUOTE (hadji_129 @ Sep 07 2008, 02:28 PM)QUOTE (koiji)Oh how you are SO wrong. I am a muslim. And I have to say I am proud. No where in the Quran does it say suicide bombing are allowed. HELLO! Suicide is against islam! No matter what the reason! SUICIDE IS NOT ALLOWED!

Err... I said that suicide bombings are prohibited. I never said they were permissible. =p

Hehe.. Sorry..I guess i read it wrong.. xP
No hard feelings? xP

QUOTE QUOTE (koiji)
Islam is agaisnt war 100%! All the so called muslims who have declared Jihad..arent muslim!

Not true. Abu Bakr declared jihad on those that wouldn't pay charity in the twelfth year after the migration to Madina. I'm not against his actions. I'm just stating that Islam does support war under certain circumstances.

Im not so sure about that...Ill get back to you on that..

QUOTE (koiji @ Sep 07 2008, 08:20 PM)Im not sure about the euthanasia..Im not disagreeing with you or anything..I just dont know.. I mean..if pulling the plug on someone whos in a comatose like state with very little chance of recovery considered as euthenasia.. Then it could be allowed because its better that the person is let go rather than be stuck between life and death..but then it comes down to ethics of course and how an individual feels..

QUOTE (hadji_129 @ Sep 07 2008, 08:28 PM)Can you back the claim that euthanasia is permissible in some forms with a quote from a scholar or with some Islamic texts? My understanding is that it has never been permissible.
What I meant was passive euthanasia. What koiji described is one example of passive euthanasia another example would be for a patient to stop taking their drugs and let nature take its course. This form of euthanasia can be seen as acceptable depending on your ethics (that's why I said maybe). Off course the more aggressive forms of euthanasia will never be allowed in Islam. They're not allowed in Christianity either.

QUOTE (koiji)In order..to..more deeply express what Im tying to say.. I need you to elaborate on "self-defense" and what you say a muslims "self-defense" is.. If its anything like what I just said..than youd agree with me..if not..explain..
smile.gif

Self-defence as in, if you attack me I can defend myself. This can even be extended to land. If someone attacks your land or family you have the right to defend yourself. That is acceptable whereas acts of aggression are not.

EDIT: You did not add to the debate with your last post koiji.
wink.gif

QUOTE All the so called muslims who have declared Jihad..arent muslim! They are corrupt people who think they are delivering gods vengeance! But theyre all psychos!

Logical fallacy spotted : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

QUOTE One more thing..heres how you spell the "koran":

Quran or Qur'an

They can be written either way but not "koran"...
Thank You.

Irrelevant debate here.
Koran is supposed to be written in arabic. If you want to write in with the roman alphabet, you have to change the spelling of the word.
The 'official' word in French (used by the muslim community, not only by our oppressing state) is coran for example.

You have this problem with every non-roman language (and non-roman language have this problem with our word. I guess you've already heard some western words butchered in Japanese).

But I would like this thread to be locked. I dont think religion should be discussed anymore.. cause its just gonna bother me and others like me..

Gosh ! And preventing us from debating about religions (in the respect of the rules, of course) would bother me and others like me.
-------------------------

QUOTE I disagree with the fact that Islam is against war as Islam allows self-defence. That means if a Muslims feel threatened they can defend themselves. Now what constitutes as self-defence and active aggression is another matter entirely.

A similar theory exists in the Catholicism, with the concept of just war, by the way.

----------
Edit :
hmm......i want to ask

is there anyone just think like have some religion that want his/her people make war??!!!!

i dont think so....

Not really practiced anymore, but...
wink.gif

Otherwise, a lot of religions can be interpreted as authorizing or promoting violence, but that's not exactly the same thing

hmm......i want to ask

is there anyone just think like have some religion that want his/her people make war??!!!!

i dont think so....

QUOTE (Dalriada)Logical fallacy spotted : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Ok..so then you're tellnig a MUSLIM..who RELIGIOUSLY KNOWS AND UDERSTANDS what a Jihad is..that hes wrong..
Even Islamic scholars havent claimed that its time for a Jihad yet! All the terrorists are claiming that this is a Jihad and they are doing this for the greater good..but look! Theyre all crazy! If they werent..THEY WOULDNT Be TERRORISTS KILLING PEOPLE!
The real Islamic Jihad has not arrived yet! Read the hadiths! But you probably wont even understand then..
I know my religion pretty well... Got it?..

QUOTE (Dalriada)Irrelevant debate here.
Koran is supposed to be written in arabic. If you want to write in with the roman alphabet, you have to change the spelling of the word.
The 'official' word in French (used by the muslim community, not only by our oppressing state) is coran for example.

You have this problem with every non-roman language (and non-roman language have this problem with our word. I guess you've already heard some western words butchered in Japanese).

I was simply pointing it out because it bugs me. And yes..it should be written in Arabic..BUT LOOK AT A COVER OF A QURAN! Some of them read:
Quran
and others read:
Qur'an

There arent any with the "koran" spelling...and the ones that are..have a VERY large flaw..every muslim knows how to properly spell Quran in english text...No matter where you are..if its written in english..it should be spelled as: Quran or Qur'an.

No more debates...

QUOTE (Dalriada)Gosh ! And preventing us from debating about religions (in the respect of the rules, of course) would bother me and others like me.

Well when my religion is talked about by people who have no idea what they are saying..its more offending to me.. It will always be more offending towards me..Its like me debating about your religion when I know nothing about it and am saying whatever I want based on what I have heard or think I know.. Because newsflash..very few people in this world know about the true meaning of Islam other than muslims..and even some muslims have corrupted that meaning..
So dont try and tell me that itd bother you..cause its bothering me right now!

QUOTE (monsta666)What I meant was passive euthanasia. What koiji described is one example of passive euthanasia another example would be for a patient to stop taking their drugs and let nature take its course. This form of euthanasia can be seen as acceptable depending on your ethics (that's why I said maybe). Off course the more aggressive forms of euthanasia will never be allowed in Islam. They're not allowed in Christianity either.

Monsta! You've done your research! xD Yes, you are right. We (most muslims..all muslims should believe this but..w/e..) that medicine is here because of god. Let me explain.. Its like gods little miracle.. God gave man the knowledge and abilities to create this medicine to help us in this world with so many diseases and illnesses. So stopping medication use to let nature takes its course..can be considered as suicide or hurting ones self..which is a big no-no in Islam..unless of course the meds are doing mre harm than good..than its ok..
Oh ya..bout me not backing it up..hehe..sorry..I was thinking and was in a "lemme get back to you" state of mind..obviously thats what I wrote as well..xP..sorry again

QUOTE The real Islamic Jihad has not arrived yet! Read the hadiths!

I don't follow. What hadeeths are you talking about that say that it isn't yet time for the "real Islamic Jihad"??

QUOTE (hadji_129 @ Sep 07 2008, 07:31 PM)
I don't follow. What hadeeths are you talking about that say that it isn't yet time for the "real Islamic Jihad"??
i agree with you ....what is the idoit word have been talking about???

real jihad???

are you know trully about jihad??

jihad is not about war only!!!!1

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back