IS: Infinite Stratos

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 21 2011, 05:05 AM) Only disappointment for me is that they seem to have forgotten that they were attacked by an unknown. Normally you don't forget something like that.
That's probably going to come up again in the tournament. I mean, we obviously saw them all fighting together against another AI IS at the beginning of the first episode. Maybe the tournament will roll right into that battle.

What I wonder is how Houki is going to stack up against them without a personal IS. We really haven't seen enough of these generic IS machines in action to see what they are like. And, BTW, what the hell kind of bracket system is that which pits all the personal IS in the tournament against each other in the first round? Learn to seed, people!

With is episode, we have another tournament-crashing IS fight, though I must say that out of all the attacks used in the battle, Charles' armor breaker looked the most painful. got a little bit of background on Laura which is nice.

Charles definitely has the most points towards Ichika out of all the girls right now. When i saw Rin bust through the classroom, I thought something was gonna blow up, and wondered why she changed into the battle suit before IS-ing. I totally thought normal clothes could be worn under the IS.

Now I think I missed something, but can someone explain why Laura want Ichika as her husband?

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Feb 25 2011, 11:42 AM) With is episode, we have another tournament-crashing IS fight, though I must say that out of all the attacks used in the battle, Charles' armor breaker looked the most painful. got a little bit of background on Laura which is nice.

Charles definitely has the most points towards Ichika out of all the girls right now. When i saw Rin bust through the classroom, I thought something was gonna blow up, and wondered why she changed into the battle suit before IS-ing. I totally thought normal clothes could be worn under the IS.

Now I think I missed something, but can someone explain why Laura want Ichika as her husband?
xanadu it simple ichika sister chufnee said to Laura in flash back why she so strong is because she has her little brother that make her feel strong and able to protect so that what Laura does but choice him as her husband

So in other words since Laura wanted a reason to become stronger she decied to have Ichika has her waifu? Well since this is a harem series I can belive that line. Also, it looks like Charles, or should I say Charlette pretty much dropped her I'm a guy act at the wrong time it seems. By that it only means the girs in Ichika's so-called harem pretty much either want him dead, or for themselves.

Pretty much the fight scene for this episode was more or less what it means to have true strength. Besides Laura is somewhat of a Chifuyu fangirl, but now understands fully one why she said she was fighting for her little brother to begin with.

So in the end of it all I think his harem is more or less complete now. Also, it looks like we're going to get the stock beach epsidoe filled with fanservice unlike another series this season.
dry.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 25 2011, 11:27 AM) So in other words since Laura wanted a reason to become stronger she decied to have Ichika has her waifu? Well since this is a harem series I can belive that line. Also, it looks like Charles, or should I say Charlette pretty much dropped her I'm a guy act at the wrong time it seems. By that it only means the girs in Ichika's so-called harem pretty much either want him dead, or for themselves.

Pretty much the fight scene for this episode was more or less what it means to have true strength. Besides Laura is somewhat of a Chifuyu fangirl, but now understands fully one why she said she was fighting for her little brother to begin with.

So in the end of it all I think his harem is more or less complete now. Also, it looks like we're going to get the stock beach epsidoe filled with fanservice unlike another series this season.
dry.gif

I agree with you Kid-wolf

but i'll add the IS battle between Hoki,Laura,Ichika and charles(Charlotte)

was pretty enjoyable. Ichika and charles(Charlotte) team work was on point.

So he adds another one who wants him. I wouldn't say that it is a problem but somehow i fear that it is going to hurt the main story of what the strange IS was and if the system inside Laura's system is connected to it. Who is he trying to protect is also a nice question. Even if the fights are nice Ichika as a main character is not the best. He is somewhat boring to watch and his reactions to the girls are also sometimes dumb. It would help a lot if he just showed some reaction to a girl...next episode the beach. Maybe now we get an idea of who he likes more than the others. A fight between the girls would be so standard and boring...

A pretty good ep.
The fight was enjoyable and the character-development for both Laura and Charlotte was good too.
But the best was the end when Laura said Ichika will be her waifu. This is just so totally wrong its great. I guess we will now see a troubled Ichika since he gets too much attention from Laura.

@Xanadu: Aehh, they never even once wore normally clothes under their IS. I wonder how you came to that assumption oO

@nijlandp: It should be obvious who he wants to protect. Houki, Chifuyu and everyone else around him. And Ichika is a lot better than most maincharacters in my eyes. At least in the fights he looks like a man.
And outside of a fight Iw would say he is the typical japanese. Just like every american is the typical badass undefeatable hero without flaws in american movies and shows since they think they are really so, japanese male maincharacter are gutless and useless when it comes to romantic and women. At least Japan seems to see itself like that.

Did Ichika wear it over normal clothes during the flashback of the entrance exam? I totally thought it was that time.

Ok yes that time it was. But that was in all regards special. But you saw them at least 15 times wearing those bathsuits (cant fin a better word for that) throughout the series. My guess is you can but normally its not done, maybe it interferes with the system the more clothes you have on you.

Ah I guess your right. I kinda compared the IS classes to PE classes (do they even have a normal gym?) so that why I thought that but oh well.

It was great seeing all the girls trying to get the attention from Ichika. Too bad that he is too stupid to realize it. And too bad Im not in his situation, the harem ending would be too easy
tongue.gif

The swimsuits were all great and its not really a surprise that Laura took one similar to the one Chifuyu was wearing. And Chifuyu clearly was the hottest of all. Mature women just are the best right.

The part with "schwarzer Hase" was great too. Making "Buying a swimsuit" into a military operation was just awesome. And now we know that Ichika beeing Lauras wife was just a misunderstand and had nothing to do with her beeing stronger than him like I thought.

But what Im a bit disappointed at is that they said in the beginning that no one knows where Houkis sisters is or how to contact her and now suddenly both Houki and Chifuyu were able to contact her. Really bad writing.

Clearly one of the best harem animes.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Mar 05 2011, 07:49 PM)It was great seeing all the girls trying to get the attention from Ichika. Too bad that he is too stupid to realize it. And too bad Im not in his situation, the harem ending would be too easy

The swimsuits were all great and its not really a surprise that Laura took one similar to the one Chifuyu was wearing. And Chifuyu clearly was the hottest of all. Mature women just are the best right.

The part with "schwarzer Hase" was great too. Making "Buying a swimsuit" into a military operation was just awesome. And now we know that Ichika beeing Lauras wife was just a misunderstand and had nothing to do with her beeing stronger than him like I thought.

But what Im a bit disappointed at is that they said in the beginning that no one knows where Houkis sisters is or how to contact her and now suddenly both Houki and Chifuyu were able to contact her. Really bad writing.

Clearly one of the best harem animes.

I agree. Ichika acted pretty stupid. Again we didn't get to see any reaction to a girl. Although he does buy a present. Can we presume that it is Houki's birthday which is coming? It would explain why her sister is coming. That part of nobody knowing how to contact Houki's sister can be explained. She only gave her number to Houki and Chifuyu with saying that only in need she may be contacted..and they kept it a secret. It would be normal to do if she didn't want to be found but still be able to be reached. Houki never denied that she didn't know where she was.
Hopefully the next episode shows so more emotion from Ichika. To have this series end in a harem without any conclusion would not be my choice.

Ok am I the only one that somehow picked up a sudden Gundam reference with Ichika deciding to call Charolette Char from now on? I mean all she needs is the 0079 mask version and she's all set for action.

Aside from the rest fo the episode it was your normal beach epsiode filled with fanservice even befor ethey went to the beach. Although I find it rather funny that Laura was pratically wearing nothing at all, and deciding to put Ichika in an arm bar lock for the heck of it. I mean it fel tlike she was trying to be cute with him but having Houki walking in on them pretty much meant he was going to be smacked around. Although to be honest that was really a poor excuse to hit him since he didn't do anything and was placed in a hold while she was wearing nothing at all. Well it shows how much of a girl Houki is though.
rolleyes.gif

Naw I mostly think about this if I hear or see Charles:

MOD Note: Spoiler Added for a DO NOT WANT MOMENT! The rest of you have been warned.

Oh my god...cannot make it unseen anymore >_<

Hmmm but anyways, the plot seems rather interesting, would you guys recommend to watch it or is it only another 08/15 harem anime with some slight different setting?

It's pretty much your typical 8/15 harem series... more or less, but at the same time you kind of wonder how they stort of added and broke a few standard harem rules for an anime.

So Ichika is a closet siscon? That would make perfect sense for his beyond abnormal skills of subconsciencely sweeping the advancing of the girls to one side like a running-back in American football, but without even noticing it himself
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Mar 07 2011, 06:07 AM) So Ichika is a closet siscon? That would make perfect sense for his beyond abnormal skills of subconsciencely sweeping the advancing of the girls to one side like a running-back in American football, but without even noticing it himself
laugh.gif

I agree. That was the defining moment for Ichika in this series. It suddenly makes complete sense how he can be 100% oblivious to all the girls throwing themselves at him. Can't really say I blame him...

But that's your sister, dude!
dry.gif

BTW, Laura was adorable in this episode, but was just me, or did she shrink? 'cause suddenly she looks like a Loli.

My guess they wanted to desingate one of the girls as a loli and Laura was it, since she did wear boots to begin with and most likely because she clinged to him in the opening of this episode and whatnot.

As for the sister thing, I think it was more along the line of it was a first that he seen his sister in a attractive swimsuit before, let alone any kind of swim suit. I guess they wanted to have the girls feel like there is another rival in this series, or the whole sisicom idea is now rather popular as of late.

Im a bit confused right now. I thought Shinono was the only one who is able to make ISs but it always sounds as if the different states can do it without her. Did they just explain it wrong or is it bad writing.

Other than that I knew that Shinono wasnt a great character from last ep, but that she is that worthless. I mean except for making IS she is totally useless, no wonder nobody wants to have something to do with her.

But Houkis personal IS is really great, especially hot it looks. If you consider Charlotte still having a second generation IS france really is looking bad now ^^

I always wondered why only women can use an IS but the answer could be quite easy. Because Shinono only wants women to use it. Why? Because of the fear that men will use it only for war, not that that assumption is wrong ^^
And why Ichika can use it is easy too. Shinono knows and trust him so she made one for him. That explains why his IS fits him more than it should from a random chance.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back